Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:23:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is BTC-e scamming you?  (Read 19920 times)
utuxia

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:26:27 AM

In my opinion Bitstamp & Kraken seem to be the only 100% legit Bitcoin exchanges at the moment.

I think there are others. Cryptsy is US-based and seems legit. A lot more listed at http://tradeli.st too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 09:44:33 AM

It seems problems arise when dealing with fiat. What about not withdrawing USD, just cryptos?
If I were to use BTC-e only for LTC/NMC into BTC, would I be able to transfer BTC out quickly without issues?
utuxia

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:52:44 AM

It seems problems arise when dealing with fiat. What about not withdrawing USD, just cryptos?
If I were to use BTC-e only for LTC/NMC into BTC, would I be able to transfer BTC out quickly without issues?

I take a worst case outlook. Like the FBI shuts them down or they simply decide to run off with everyone's coins.

In that case, there is no notice. So no, you wouldn't be able to get your cryptos out either.

Its safer to store locally in your wallet and back your wallet up offsite.
skleven

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 10:38:12 AM

I`m mining FTC and LTC, and send all my coins to btc-e. I get cash in hand every day from btc-e. Around $100-$200 every day, to OKpay. I have been doing this the past 8months with no problem at all. But it seems like the problem occur when larger amounts is transfered, so that`s why i continiue to withdraw every day.

(knock on hard wood)
razorfishsl

Activity: 399

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 10:43:18 AM

I'm starting to get a bit worried about the number of slightly dodgy Eastern European companies requesting  'identification"

There is just no mention of what security these people have in place to prevent the loss of 'identity documents passports/ID cards/ Address proofs"
It is just too easy for unregistered companies to be asking for such documentation on the grounds that they need it for 'legal' reasons.
If they are so pro-active about legal compliance , then why can no details be found about their OWN registration of documents?

High Quality USB Hubs for Bitcoin miners
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=560003
razorfishsl

Activity: 399

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 10:46:49 AM

They have plans for ID requests for ALL withdrawals including ALT coins…..

High Quality USB Hubs for Bitcoin miners
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=560003
utuxia

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 10:47:25 AM

I'm starting to get a bit worried about the number of slightly dodgy Eastern European companies requesting  'identification"

There is just no mention of what security these people have in place to prevent the loss of 'identity documents passports/ID cards/ Address proofs"
It is just too easy for unregistered companies to be asking for such documentation on the grounds that they need it for 'legal' reasons.
If they are so pro-active about legal compliance , then why can no details be found about their OWN registration of documents?

exactly. that doesn't inspire much confidence. infact i'm moving all my balances OFF of btc-e and only keeping trade money.
utuxia

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 10:52:09 AM

They have plans for ID requests for ALL withdrawals including ALT coins…..

well shit. now i'm definitely moving them out. like tonight. btc too.
ezipaint (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 10:57:20 AM
Last edit: November 29, 2013, 02:19:49 PM by tysat

Hi Everyone, we're getting a lot of interest in this post, and a lot of people emailing me.

Please - email me your name, date of deposit/withdrawal, amount, copy of SWIFT confirmation from your bank.

We need all this information to hand over to the authorities. Partial lots of information won't make it into our file.

Also, please help publicise this post.

If you've lost money, please get in touch!  --

MOD NOTE:
Email address removed, 99% chance it's a scam
munka

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 10:57:37 AM
Last edit: November 29, 2013, 11:11:43 AM by munka

I've not had issues with them, though I don't use it as a coin store. Nobody should store coins online, period. Aside from the idiocy in the trollbox, it's been just fine to use.

Best bet in my opinion is only keep enough online for trades. Get a second pc, keep it offline and backup your wallet there as needed. And of course, keep more than one copy in multiple locations in case of something awful, like a house fire etc.

And no offence, but asking people to email you is rather red flag. I do hope if people are in fact sending you information that they are using throwaway emails to do this.
BiOS

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:04:23 AM

Actually, why is the BTC/$ value on BTC-e so far below the BTC/$ value on MtGox?

The difference is about 200 $ at the moment.     
utuxia

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:05:29 AM

Hi Everyone, we're getting a lot of interest in this post, and a lot of people emailing me.

Please - email me your name, date of deposit/withdrawal, amount, copy of SWIFT confirmation from your bank.

We need all this information to hand over to the authorities. Partial lots of information won't make it into our file.

If you've lost money, please get in touch!  -- btcewatcher@gmail.com

DO NOT DO THIS. YOU REALLY HAVE NO IDEA WHO THE OP IS.
Follow up with proper authorities directly like he suggests.
DamageX

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:05:43 AM

Damn, this isn't very encouraging. Just opened an account with them... Sad
utuxia

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:07:56 AM

Damn, this isn't very encouraging. Just opened an account with them... Sad

i think its safe for money in, trade, money out. but do not store there and don't keep much there.
ezipaint (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:10:23 AM

If you've lost money, please get in touch!  -- btcewatcher@gmail.com

DO NOT DO THIS. YOU REALLY HAVE NO IDEA WHO THE OP IS.
Follow up with proper authorities directly like he suggests.

Well, not much I could do with the information I don't think...

Do you think the proper authorities are more likely to listen to someone who has lost a few thousand, being scammed on the internet, or someone with a dossier of scammed victims amounting to millions in losses?
utuxia

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:12:26 AM

well, maybe not. but you'd be an idiot if you randomly sent your personal information and bank account info to a stranger on the internet.
RudiG

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:14:21 AM

I, personaly, didnt hear so much good things about btc-e ...i think at the moment cryptsy is the only one you can trust...
LuciferZero

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:16:35 AM

I made 2 SEPA deposit to BTC-e , got it after 24h on the online account each time. Sent ID scans, they removed the money hold asap. Just sent cryptos out - all went OK.

I guess they're having troubles following the increasing amount of users and dealing with transfer problems...

Actually, why is the BTC/$ value on BTC-e so far below the BTC/$ value on MtGox?

interesting explanation here :
http://www.coindesk.com/mt-gox-bitcoin-exchange-review/

btcstyle

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:17:49 AM
Last edit: November 29, 2013, 11:45:57 AM by btcstyle

edit: let everyone fend for themselves.
ezipaint (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:19:43 AM

I made 2 SEPA deposit to BTC-e , got it after 24h on the online account each time. Sent ID scans, they removed the money hold asap. Just sent cryptos out - all went OK.

I guess they're having troubles following the increasing amount of users and dealing with transfer problems...

interesting explanation here :
http://www.coindesk.com/mt-gox-bitcoin-exchange-review/

No, this is nothing about money holds. Money holds appear in your account.

People have gone for weeks and weeks on end with money vanishing, and support appear to have been instructed to ignore tickets raised in relation to these thefts.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: