Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 11:28:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is BTC-e scamming you?  (Read 19921 times)
utuxia

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 11:09:04 PM

Why are  non-us based exchanges asking for ID verification? especially anonymous ones run out of Russia or Bolivia or wherever it is.
ArthurK

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 12:00:28 AM

Why are  non-us based exchanges asking for ID verification? especially anonymous ones run out of Russia or Bolivia or wherever it is.
They need it for the banks, when someone is wiring the money. Banks are still highly regulated and searching for money laundering.
cashnone

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 01:06:39 AM

As to my last post, has anyone ever deposited money and not have a hold, your account simply doesn't say anything, sent them 60k+....still nothing. How long should I wait, they did say give them 5 days after i submitted my ID.
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 01:29:44 AM

unable to make a support ticket - site says email or password is incorrect.

been waiting 7-8 hrs for a withdrawal.

had similar issues with Mt.Gox but it was easy to contact them and sorted in a few days.

Not sure what to do here...
edgar
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 02:02:14 AM
Last edit: December 01, 2013, 05:49:58 AM by edgar

I had problems with btc-e withdrawing funds, but it resolved in 4 days.

what steps did you take to get your case resolved?

PM Sent;

hello btc-e.com

i am having difficulty withdrawing from your site.

zero emails sent to me despite 'resending'   

zero confirmations on the blockchain

i am unable to provide a support ticket due to 'wrong email/password' (which is actually not wrong)

received 2 replies from non-receiving sites' ticket support within 15 minutes...

please forward any information that will solve this issue.

regards,

Ed
MGeegs

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 03:23:11 AM

I haven't had any problems with BTC-e, mind you I don't have a lot in there. It does seem a bit dodgy.
Cefalu

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 09:01:48 AM

As to my last post, has anyone ever deposited money and not have a hold, your account simply doesn't say anything, sent them 60k+....still nothing. How long should I wait, they did say give them 5 days after i submitted my ID.

yes, thats my deal. 10k.....is where? oh, you need to send us the SWIFT transaction record... <wait for days> .... oh, maybe you need to see who else besides us is
holding your money ...<time passes> .... <more time>........a bunch of non-response..... checking w/ my bank.......sending in Russian.... contacting them in more ways
they ignore.......
and so on.
Nothing shows up in the account and I know damn well they have it.

Let us know if you become one of the lucky ones who gets their fundage, please do.
Mapple

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 10:20:56 AM

EDIT:

WARNING, THE OP IS A POTENTIAL SCAMMER / CON ARTIST.  DON'T send the email or lick on the ic3.gov.  IT'S http://www.ice.gov/ NOT ic3.gov.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C), and the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA).

The IC3 gives the victims of cyber crime a convenient and easy-to-use reporting mechanism that alerts authorities of suspected criminal or civil violations.

This site provides lots of useful options to report cyber crimes and potential phishing scams. Highly trustworthy.

- https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/ic3.gov

The IC3 was established as a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C) to serve as a means to receive Internet related criminal complaints and to further research, develop, and refer the criminal complaints to federal, state, local, or international law enforcement and/or regulatory agencies for any investigation they deem to be appropriate. The IC3 was intended, and continues to emphasize, serving the broader law enforcement community to include federal, as well as state, local, and international agencies, which are combating Internet crime and, in many cases, participating in Cyber Crime Task Forces.

Since its inception, the IC3 has received complaints crossing the spectrum of cyber crime matters, to include online fraud in its many forms including Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) matters, Computer Intrusions (hacking), Economic Espionage (Theft of Trade Secrets), Online Extortion, International Money Laundering, Identity Theft, and a growing list of Internet facilitated crimes. Since June 2000, it has become increasingly evident that, regardless of the label placed on a cyber crime matter, the potential for it to overlap with another referred matter is substantial. Therefore, the IC3, formerly known as the Internet Fraud Complaint Center (Internet Fraud Complaint Center), was renamed in October 2003 to better reflect the broad character of such matters having an Internet, or cyber, nexus referred to the IC3, and to minimize the need for one to distinguish "Internet Fraud" from other potentially overlapping cyber crimes.

- http://www.ic3.gov/about/default.aspx

ic3 mentioned on FBI website: http://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/press-releases/ic3-2012-internet-crime-report-released

ice.gov is actually a website for the United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

I'd also like to point out that all .gov websites are trustworthy, since they're all registered by the United States government. A regular citizen cannot register a .gov domain. You can read more about that on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.gov
cashnone

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 05:40:45 PM

yes, thats my deal. 10k.....is where? oh, you need to send us the SWIFT transaction record... <wait for days> .... oh, maybe you need to see who else besides us is
holding your money ...<time passes> .... <more time>........a bunch of non-response..... checking w/ my bank.......sending in Russian.... contacting them in more ways
they ignore.......
and so on.
Nothing shows up in the account and I know damn well they have it.

Let us know if you become one of the lucky ones who gets their fundage, please do.

They responded today when I asked about why there is no hold in my account this is what they said.
Hello! Please send full details of the transfer to check+ scan and screenshots.

Ill keep everyone updated but they are now being responsive, so im hoping It goes well.
edgar
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 11:26:29 PM

Your request has been received
We have received your request and our team will get back to you shortly. You can log in to the helpdesk to review the status of your request, or check your email for further updates.

General Information   

Ticket ID    #CTG-718-27390
ezipaint (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 10:28:53 PM

Update:

I have just had a response from BTCe, giving me the date and amount of my deposit.

I haven't seen anything at all that says 'hold' on my account, but on the off chance, I sent them a copy (via support ticket) of a bank statement. Got a response 20 minutes later.

Nothing credited to my account yet, but I'm a lot more hopeful now! Try doing this if you haven't already. Looks like it might work.

Terrible customer service if this is the issue, but at least now there might be a bit of hope!
PeerCoins21

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 10:29:56 PM

Ouch sorry to hear that, hopefully everything will get resolved.
cashnone

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 12:18:10 AM

I got a reply as well asking me to wait 2 more days. This was last night. Lets see what happens.
CoinName.bit

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 02:18:55 AM

BTC-e is shady in other ways as well. A few weeks ago they announced they were going to de-list TRC and FTC because of low volume, which naturally caused a panic sell-off. Within two hours they backpedaled on FTC and said they made a mistake and they weren't going to de-list FTC. Lots of people lost lots of money over that one. They have since backpedaled on TRC as well. A bad part about the whole fiasco is that instead of posting a news update with some kind of explanation, they just deleted the original news announcement entirely and pretended like the whole thing never happened.
descom

Activity: 38

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:57:51 AM

yes, same case also, deposited money and not have a hold, my account simply doesn't say anything, but my case is ,i sent on 8/11/2013 from my country Malaysia, then i check with my bank says that the money had received on 11/11/2013. i had sent many ticket but got no reply. Today i submit a new ticket with all the scan swift record and my proof of identity,see got any answer or not.
efodix

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 11:12:35 AM

First time I've sent them money it got stuck on hold from my bank. They called me to ok the transaction, which I did. Then, a week later I still didn't get my money. I contacted the tech support, which could barely speak english, and told them about the issue. After something like 3 days of misunderstandings, they finally asked for swift and some other stuff. Five more days of nothing, than two more days of complaints and the money finally showed up! After that it was locked on my account, but that got sorted out fairly quickly.

Next time I got the money real fast, in something like 2 days. So I think they're just disorganized and amateurish, like most btc services are. Just be persistent and you should get the thing sorted out. But be aware that it might take weeks. Also their cash withdrawal fee is something like 150$.
michaelhampton

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:53:04 PM

i tried using their service, but when i open a ticket and ask for support, they replied in russian? Automatic response? spambot?
Altcoinfuture

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:59:57 PM

I also deposited an amount of USD 600 to my BTC-E account.
It has been 2.5 weeks and it still hasnt showed up.
I already send out 3 tickets and was asked for payment details a week ago.
I replied but havent heard anything from them since then.
Whats the best thing to do now?
DeboraMeeks

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 02:25:21 PM

They still require ID verification for any payment there bank sees as suspicious for anything from fraud and hacked accounts to money laundring,Banks have limits regarding privacy wherever they are located.
also btc-e itself might be asking for those to avoid possible chargebacks if the accounts were fake.
infamousrev

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 02:28:52 PM

Hopefully it will not be closed down, it seems like a good market place
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: