Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 02:21:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "light" litecoin client?  (Read 1603 times)
dustofdeath (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 10:23:55 PM

does anythign  similar  to multibit exist for litecoin?
Withotu the need to download the whole massive blockchain - since i wont be doing any solo mining anyways.

Bitcoin GHAS renting and 0% fee stratum mining.
https://cex.io/r/0/condemned/0/
hivewallet

Activity: 378
Merit: 325

hivewallet.com

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 11:29:14 AM

litecoinj is in progress and we plan to add support for it in Hive once that is ready.

Hive, a beautiful, secure wallet with an app platform for Mac OS X, Android and Mobile Web. Translators wanted! iOS and OS X devs see BitcoinKit.
Tweets @hivewallet. Skype us here. Donations appreciated at 1HLRg9C1GsfEVH555hgcjzDeas14jen2Cn
Rockefeller

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 07:11:24 PM

I like Hive - it's really amazing thing and the last version has no bugs !
hivewallet

Activity: 378
Merit: 325

hivewallet.com

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 08:54:01 AM

I like Hive - it's really amazing thing and the last version has no bugs !

Ha ha, don't tell our lead developer that. :-)

Hive, a beautiful, secure wallet with an app platform for Mac OS X, Android and Mobile Web. Translators wanted! iOS and OS X devs see BitcoinKit.
Tweets @hivewallet. Skype us here. Donations appreciated at 1HLRg9C1GsfEVH555hgcjzDeas14jen2Cn
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 09:31:39 AM

yeah, it's called multidoge  Grin
sniveling

Activity: 719
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:43:00 AM

litecoinj is in progress and we plan to add support for it in Hive once that is ready.

I cannot wait for this to come out.

The litecoin blockchain is just too big for downloading nowadays.

Some people claim multibit is less secure than the standard wallet because it only downloads the block headers instead of the blocks. Has there been any successful attacks due to this yet? Is this something to worry about or not that important?
jim618
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1066

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 11:53:49 AM

I cannot wait for this to come out.

The litecoin blockchain is just too big for downloading nowadays.

Some people claim multibit is less secure than the standard wallet because it only downloads the block headers instead of the blocks. Has there been any successful attacks due to this yet? Is this something to worry about or not that important?

The main attacks against MultiBit so far have been wallet stealers combined with keyloggers. The attacker then has the necessary information to decrypt the private keys and steal the user's bitcoin. This same attack is no doubt being used against all wallets.

With the 'downloading just the headers' architecture (technically called SPV) the main extra attack is that if the attacker controls the surrounding network they can create a fake Bitcoin network and fool the user. They can then mine some fake blocks and put the user on a fake chain. If the attacker can control all the nodes MultiBit connects to and give them the same fake chain MultiBit would think it was genuine.

So far I have not heard of anyone performing this attack successfully on any SPV client.

MultiBit HD   Lightweight desktop client.                    Bitcoin Solutions Ltd   Bespoke software. Consultancy.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: