Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 03:54:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Question: method against KYC stealing  (Read 283 times)
reverseflash

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 06:57:44 PM

First of all it is necessary to choose those companies which don't give a reason to doubt the reputation. And the second - drawing the watermark through the photo since the copy of the document can be important, information from the document can be got also in other ways Smiley
BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 07:08:46 PM

Hello, guys !

There is very relevant problem - a lot of projects are doing their ICOs and a big part of them require KYC submission.
I am, as a person, I'm afraid of stealing my personal data. I am, as maybe all of you, trying to find way to prevent thefting my data.
The question is, how about providing the text, while providing your docs in KYC Verification. The text will be ON this pictures of my docs, half-transparent font.
For example

Have you ever been trying this ? Does it work ?
Please, tell me your thoughts, I will be glad very much.

This method is most likely to work for people who steals identity from other people, but what about people who purchases other people's KYC documents and then use it on sites?
That could be a problem that you will be unable to solve unless you will require your customers to register with a bank account/credit card that is attached to their profile and then there will be zero chance of someone who stole an identity to actually be able to use the site.
bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2856
Merit: 605

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 07:36:54 PM

i believe that with a photo of the document of this kind and a writing like that unfortunately you will never pass the kyc verification, however i am against this procedure seems to me a limitation of freedom and i think goes against the principle of anonymity of the crypto...
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1347

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 07:47:36 PM

Now we can't do anything but trust in the ICO KYC process? I have been doing KYC as of now but nothings have ever been stolen from me. I guess I only have passed my documents to trusted ones. What if we add dates on what day we have taken up the picture? Maybe it will just be edited if there will be someone to stole it. I have ideas in my mind how to authenticate that the documents are mine, suddenly there are ICOs that are now making that happen.

How do you know that? You can't be sure until something actually gets stolen. Do you believe that your data will remain there for a month or 2 and then disappear? No, whatever you put in the Internet will remain there. Sure, there are cases of really legit and honest people who delete your pictures and scans right after verification, but you should always prepare for the worst.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
M0UZ3R

Activity: 203
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 07:50:57 PM

With KYC security we can not steal because of the identity of the documents of trusted users. I have an idea in my mind how to authenticate that document is mine. Cool
senne

Activity: 1078
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 08:22:40 PM

Hello, guys !

There is very relevant problem - a lot of projects are doing their ICOs and a big part of them require KYC submission.
I am, as a person, I'm afraid of stealing my personal data. I am, as maybe all of you, trying to find way to prevent thefting my data.
The question is, how about providing the text, while providing your docs in KYC Verification. The text will be ON this pictures of my docs, half-transparent font.
For example

I have already spoke against this system, where it was debated why KYC is important. You can check here :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3116739.msg35581672#msg35581672

KYC might help the ICO but it will not help the users who submit their details, as their identity is under risk. No, matter how secure system the company provides there is always risk of scam and hackers stealing our information. Crypto currency is a thing we deal all over the globe and not just one city or country, even if you security gets compromised and misused you will never know. Hence, companies should come with come a better solution than KYC.
elemosho.crypto

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 08:44:38 PM

Yes you are right. there is some stealing your data. But nevertheless, you have to provide all valid data for the process. It would be better if you choose the reliable one who might not steal your data and well reputed in the industry. And in the form, making the info transparent could be a good idea. 
exalterego

Activity: 99

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 08:45:22 PM

As far as I know nobody has done that yet, though that seems to be a really good idea.
Why don't you suggest it the ICO telegram groups you are participating in?
Writing directly to admins?
elisabetheva

Activity: 1708
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 12:46:34 AM

First of all it is necessary to choose those companies which don't give a reason to doubt the reputation. And the second - drawing the watermark through the photo since the copy of the document can be important, information from the document can be got also in other ways Smiley

actually should be like that, not forcing to look for identity of someone who can not be accounted for later. however identity is a secret that needs to be maintained.
MNTCorp (OP)

Activity: 119

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 01:32:14 PM

It's good idea to add a watermark to the KYC documents to prevent identity theft, however it will not pass if they are strict on it. KYC is something that puts investors off the project so better to stick to ones that don't require it, unless it is a sure thing like the telegram ico.

mostly investors have to go through KYC and there is no need for bounty hunters to go through KYC in most cases. if KYC required you can just skip this campaign.

Yeah, you are right, the high risky ICOs I will try to avoid passing KYC.
Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 06:00:19 AM

If you are afraid to provide your personal data and copies of documents while checking KYC, you can use any other documents that are in large numbers on the Internet. I know that many now do so. In general, I think that the requirement to undergo such a check against the participants of the ICO generosity campaign is illegal, because we do not invest in such projects and can not launder dirty money. I have not yet seen any campaign that sucked on any regulatory document that gives them the right to require me to provide such data. My country has a law on the protection of personal data and this case does not fit into this law.

maman09

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 06:08:22 AM

yes, this is part of what we are worried about, data theft or used as an illegal activity. but certainly not much we can do. because if it does not include KYC we do not get the token. but basically we can find out an ico involving KYC or not. it's just that most tend to ignore it.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:37:06 PM

But the data is still being handed over. The watermark will only show on the image you sent. All a thief has to do is copy the data. I think you are right to be afraid. When I see ICO I assume it is a scam.

If you simply must and take a foolish risk participate in an ICO then you should make absolutely sure that the business is a legal business with a license on file. If they don't have that and they are asking for KYC information then it is surely a scam.
This is absolutely right, even with the watermark they are still going to be in possession of your information and they can do whatever they want with that, this is why it is very important to do our due diligence on icos and unless we are completely convinced that the project is an honest one we should never sent our documents or we face the risk of getting our identities stolen.
laserfocused

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2018, 11:21:04 PM

I understand your fear, that is why the space needs a regulatory body to make sure these scammers are held accountable. 
forumsehat

Activity: 120

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:25:35 PM

It will not work, because KYC needs clear images and identities, and I'm also very afraid of data theft when there are ico using KYC.
kingkonjac

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:26:41 PM

unforutunately so many ICOs want a clear photo and not any kind of cover, this is a very important concern and it needs to be solved maybe with encrypted messaging system or a private blokchain cloud system.

hadveach

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:43:25 PM

as long as I follow ICO and use KYC, I never find a problem. the developer of ICO will give us rules, so to save the security of personal data, we better follow the rules of ICO.

you must synchronize all your data, from your identity, and also proof of payment of electricity must use your name as well.
you don't try to provide data that is not provided by ICO.
coincruncher1982

Activity: 82
Merit: 7

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 03:36:28 PM

I feel like KYC goes completely against the concept of crypto
Nonie

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

BBOD Zero-Fee Exchange

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 04:24:27 PM

yes almost all ico now need KYC for self-verification. to prevent the theft of personal data due to ico scam trap. first learn about the project to see if it is a scam or not. for sending pictures you have to send them completely for passport or id card if halfway I think you will not succeed to verify your KYC

PAKYU

Activity: 400
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 05:24:00 PM

i do hundreds of KYC for one year. i don't scared anymore, too late for me Smiley you came same pscyhology soon...
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: