Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:03:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Telegram Gained $1.7 Billion in a Private Coin and No Longer Plans a Public Sale  (Read 140 times)
Psicotico (OP)

Activity: 99
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:38:02 PM

Telegram, the well-known, messaging app has gained a lot of profit from the small group of private investors. This is led Telegram to call for a sale of cryptocurrency to a wider investing public. According to some source, Telegram Group Inc has fetched around $1.7 billion by trading newly created cryptocurrency to a fewer than 200 private investors.

Source: https://coinpedia.org/news/telegram-no-longer-plans-public-sale-tokens/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kavallo

Activity: 395
Merit: 129

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:52:28 PM

Telegram, the well-known, messaging app has gained a lot of profit from the small group of private investors. This is led Telegram to call for a sale of cryptocurrency to a wider investing public. According to some source, Telegram Group Inc has fetched around $1.7 billion by trading newly created cryptocurrency to a fewer than 200 private investors.

I have heard that they are having a very good whitepaper for this project. However, it is very unfortunate they have aborted the public sale. 200 private investors is not decentralization. They may end up with some bad surprise.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 11:02:12 PM

lol that sounds like the way to start a decentralised trustless project

Mahanton

Activity: 2702
Merit: 627

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 11:10:57 PM

I have heard that they are having a very good whitepaper for this project. However, it is very unfortunate they have aborted the public sale. 200 private investors is not decentralization. They may end up with some bad surprise.
200 private investors then average approximately for each one investor would be on 8.5M usd.Its really surprising yet only few invested but reaching out that very big amount which coming to a point where they didnt even have the plan to have a public sale. Sad for those who are longing to buy up tokens to this project.It would be limited which means expect for those private investors will either give a bad surprise later on.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Noobaru

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 11:11:56 PM

I heard these news just this morning and I was disappointed. I really believed that they could pull off a public sale and give an opportunity to broader audience to invest. I hope that other projects don't end up like that as well. Though, Telegram was a bit special.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 11:18:08 PM

That is ridiculous, that's not how you star a decentralized project. That is not how it works. With only 200 people hooding the coin. The price will be easily manipulated, pumed and dumped. When people realize this then the coin will be worthless, the private investor is the one who should reject this decision.

sidodadii

Activity: 597
Merit: 250

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 11:18:16 PM

it is not surprising that ico telegram can penetrate like that, because they have a good reputation, fair if many investors are interested in their project stretcher besides that they also easily advertise their products because they already have millions of users listed on their telegram platform.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
Kavallo

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 11:32:57 PM

200 private investors then average approximately for each one investor would be on 8.5M usd.Its really surprising yet only few invested but reaching out that very big amount which coming to a point where they didnt even have the plan to have a public sale. Sad for those who are longing to buy up tokens to this project.It would be limited which means expect for those private investors will either give a bad surprise later on.

I really think this will eventually backlash. People involved in this - both the Telegram people and the investors, seem to have completely forgotten what is giving value to any currency: adoption base. And now we have a coin with only 200 holders who however are millionairs - in that currency. They will try to sell their coins at inflated prices to the people, but... will anybody buy?
Sebas.tian

Activity: 2016
Merit: 156

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 11:42:57 PM

I really think this will eventually backlash. People involved in this - both the Telegram people and the investors, seem to have completely forgotten what is giving value to any currency: adoption base. And now we have a coin with only 200 holders who however are millionairs - in that currency. They will try to sell their coins at inflated prices to the people, but... will anybody buy?
If it offers innovative features that are new to cryptocurrencies and is actually useful to the crypto-space, then there'd be a demand for it. Actually, as long a person sees a value in something, he/she would spend for it. In retrospect, there's still someone buying bitcoin even if the price is not affordable.

Kavallo

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:23:50 PM

If it offers innovative features that are new to cryptocurrencies and is actually useful to the crypto-space, then there'd be a demand for it. Actually, as long a person sees a value in something, he/she would spend for it. In retrospect, there's still someone buying bitcoin even if the price is not affordable.

Of course this is true. But supposedly these 200 investors would now speculate and sell some of their tokens only at inflated prices. They would keep most of their token for themselves though so as to inflate prices further, especially if you are right and there would be demand for the tokens. My perception is that the whole issue would rapidly grow into the biggest ever bubble in the crypto space. This is scaring, especially as it is not clear (at least to me) what would be the intrinsec usefulness (beyond sheer speculation) of owning those tokens.
HALLASTERA

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:34:06 PM

Guys don't trust your attention to telegram because it's full controled messanger from Russian goverment. Telegram still have not monetization strategy. TOn it's full monetization for telegram and their big investors. And that news ground that telegram have fights for freedom or another shit - it's bullshit.
Kavallo

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 09:51:53 PM

Guys don't trust your attention to telegram because it's full controled messanger from Russian goverment. Telegram still have not monetization strategy. TOn it's full monetization for telegram and their big investors. And that news ground that telegram have fights for freedom or another shit - it's bullshit.

If you had written it in English perhaps we would even understand what you wanted to say. As far as Telegram's ties with Russian government, I'm skeptical, as far as I know the owners had even lo leave Russia and move to Berlin.
david0ikari

Activity: 280
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:11:46 PM

LOL, this is not a surprise. but 1.7 B. I did not try to reach the project when I heard what they were trying to fund. This is how it works for massive project, only a couple of investor and that's it. Let see how it goes after the token go live.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: