Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:56:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $35000 USD missing at BTC-e.com and they won't respond (RESOLVED)  (Read 1864 times)
gmoneyjive (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 02:56:18 AM
Last edit: December 02, 2013, 11:30:04 PM by gmoneyjive

I attempted to transfer $35k from btc-e to MetaTrader 4, but it never showed up. I have submitted many tickets through their support website, but no response in 9 days. Anyone know of another way to contact them?
traderCJ

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 03:23:01 AM

I attempted to transfer $35k from btc-e to MetaTrader 4, but it never showed up. I have submitted many tickets through their support website, but no response in 9 days. Anyone know of another way to contact them?

I've heard that unless you submit your message in Russian, you probably won't get much help.  I do not recommend using BTC-E as a fiat gateway.  Bitstamp is as good as it gets, which doesn't say much.
gmoneyjive (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 04:26:07 AM

Thanks, I just submitted in Russian, we'll see if that gets a response. I like bitstamp but they only do BTC and I'm also investing in LTC & PPC. I'll be researching other exchanges over the next few days, but right now my top priority is to get btc-e to respond if at all possible.
WayTooGosu

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 04:44:00 AM

Try submitting the same message in Russian I think it is the language they speak.
Cefalu

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:53:57 AM

Thanks, I just submitted in Russian, we'll see if that gets a response. I like bitstamp but they only do BTC and I'm also investing in LTC & PPC. I'll be researching other exchanges over the next few days, but right now my top priority is to get btc-e to respond if at all possible.

gmoneyjive, you are one of many.
read the last few posts here, you will likely see some familiar stories:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=40889.1400
and, here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=347946.0;all

When you come to a point where you feel they have screwed you around enough,
help the rest of us who share your fate ( soon to be a full month for me, Btc was around 200 when they got my cash )
to warn others.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=33012

Then drop a line to news at coindesk, maybe someone will realize these BTC-e guys are running Ponzi with our money.

Or maybe you will be one of the lucky ones who finally sees their money show up. They are selectively scamming,
you may have hit the wrong side of that jackpot.
JTrain_51

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:56:56 AM

I would use bitstamp!
But for this situation I have no Idea but I hope you sort it out
ajax3592

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:57:36 AM

Go ahead negative rep that BTC-E profile. If it's a scam, it has to go down by all means!

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
chitae

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 06:30:26 AM

gmoneyjive, you are one of many.
read the last few posts here, you will likely see some familiar stories:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=40889.1400
and, here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=347946.0;all

When you come to a point where you feel they have screwed you around enough,
help the rest of us who share your fate ( soon to be a full month for me, Btc was around 200 when they got my cash )
to warn others.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=33012

Then drop a line to news at coindesk, maybe someone will realize these BTC-e guys are running Ponzi with our money.

Or maybe you will be one of the lucky ones who finally sees their money show up. They are selectively scamming,
you may have hit the wrong side of that jackpot.

It seems Btc-e is not very reliable. Sad
What is the most reliable exchange now?
traderCJ

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 06:31:29 AM

My hunch is the BTC-E are a combination of overworked, understaffed, and somewhat corrupt.  Do I think they might just bolt with everyone's money one day?  Nah, they'd be foolish to do that.  Too much money in the exchange business.  They'd be killing the golden goose.  However, I have heard that they do some pretty sketchy stuff like insist on bribes to host a particular alt-coin.  Anyway, you're on the right track.  Communicate with them in Russian and make a stink on the forums until they get it fixed.  $35k is a lot of trust to put in their hands.
traderCJ

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 06:38:34 AM

It seems Btc-e is not very reliable. Sad
What is the most reliable exchange now?

Bitstamp, but even they can be pretty slow.  At least the support people speak English.  Roll Eyes  It really is crazy that more exchanges haven't opened up.  Just goes to show you how difficult the bridge between banks <---> internet really is.  The difficulty we are facing is precisely why Bitcoin is so disruptive.
gmoneyjive (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:56:17 PM

Cefalu - thanks for the info.
chitae - I just did a little research in the past hour or so and came up with a tentative ranking system for myself. Couple things: 1) I am based in the US so I ranked US exchanges the highest since I have legal recourse here, your ranking will likely be different depending where you live, 2) Several exchanges have addresses in two countries and I haven't had time to figure out where they are truly based yet, 3) I am interested in LTC/PPC and other alt coins so BTC only exchanges don't do me much good, and 4) I take volume into account because you really can't invest significant amounts without volume. With that in mind, here is a very tentative list from my perspective, any additional info/corrections would be appreciated:

1. Cryptsy: Florida USA, most crypto currencies, volume seems high enough (I think)
2. Crypto Street: New Jersey USA, many cryptos but low volume currently
3. Coin Market: California USA, most cryptos but low volume currently
4. LiteTree: BTC/LTC only, Atlanta USA, not much volume currently
5. Campbx: Atlanta USA, but BTC only, volume is good enough
6. Coinbase: California USA, BTC only, has had problems with liquidity recently
7. Bitstamp: BTC only, I've seen addresses for the UK and Slovenia, good volume
8. Crypto-Trade: most cryptos, good volume, address in Hong Kong but the company is registered in Belize?
9. Bifinex: Hong Kong

Others that are so far down the list I won't bother ranking them:

mcxNOW: New signups disabled, most trading halted (this can't be good)
BTC-e: most cryptos, I've seen addresses in Russia (at least one of which is fake) and Bulgaria, I currently have $35k missing
MtGox: Japan, no way to get USD out from the US, has had huge problems with withdrawals & responding to people in the past. I hear it's good for those outside the US though.
Vircurex: Beijing
There are quite a few other exchanges I've never heard of (including 6 in China that I wouldn't trust due to lack of legal recourse), and I'm guessing the others are relatively new and simply don't have the volume needed to invest more than small amounts, but I'll keep researching them.

traderCJ - I agree, the responsiveness of all the exchanges seem to go down when prices spike as they are overwhelmed with new accounts, funds, and support issues. I just hope this is the case vs. them trying to steal it. I will keep writing them in Russian - is there anywhere else I should post this to get their attention? On this forum or others? Or how about social media (fb, twitter, etc.)?
HighRoad

Activity: 3

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 06:19:05 PM

Its not the first time someone report this.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=351118.0

Many other people already has been "scammed".

I think you'll never see the money again.
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 06:22:49 PM

All the guys that suggest op to send the money in Russian what do you mean?
Use google translator or something?  Tongue
BitcoinFr34k

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 06:33:35 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2013, 11:08:15 PM by tysat

telling you all just come mine through cex.

https://cex.io/

Newest way of mining, cloud pool mining, buy GH/s and mine instantly!
Earn a free 500 MH/s for signing up through my refferal!

Just  buy you GH/s and use it instantly, the site mines for you.

Donations would be much appreciated! Smiley

Stop making spam posts. This topic isn't about mining so your post is irrelevant.
gmoneyjive (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 06:39:46 PM

All the guys that suggest op to send the money in Russian what do you mean?
Use google translator or something?  Tongue

Not send money - send messages in Russian. And yes, I used google translator.
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 06:49:23 PM

i never had problem with BTC-E and i write to them in english

yolo
gmoneyjive (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 07:03:43 PM

I never had a problem getting a response when writing in english either. But that was before prices spiked and they likely got overwhelmed, and before a large chunk of money was at stake. Things are different now, for me anyway.
brole

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 07:04:03 PM

I lost 1 BTC last month on BTC-E and they didn't respond me yet.
Cefalu

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 10:49:23 PM

Cefalu - thanks for the info.
chitae - I just did a little research in the past hour or so and came up with a tentative ranking system for myself. Couple things: 1) I am based in the US so I ranked US exchanges the highest since I have legal recourse here, your ranking will likely be different depending where you live, 2) Several exchanges have addresses in two countries and I haven't had time to figure out where they are truly based yet, 3) I am interested in LTC/PPC and other alt coins so BTC only exchanges don't do me much good, and 4) I take volume into account because you really can't invest significant amounts without volume. With that in mind, here is a very tentative list from my perspective, any additional info/corrections would be appreciated:

1. Cryptsy: Florida USA, most crypto currencies, volume seems high enough (I think)
2. Crypto Street: New Jersey USA, many cryptos but low volume currently
3. Coin Market: California USA, most cryptos but low volume currently
4. LiteTree: BTC/LTC only, Atlanta USA, not much volume currently
5. Campbx: Atlanta USA, but BTC only, volume is good enough
6. Coinbase: California USA, BTC only, has had problems with liquidity recently
7. Bitstamp: BTC only, I've seen addresses for the UK and Slovenia, good volume
8. Crypto-Trade: most cryptos, good volume, address in Hong Kong but the company is registered in Belize?
9. Bifinex: Hong Kong

Others that are so far down the list I won't bother ranking them:

mcxNOW: New signups disabled, most trading halted (this can't be good)
BTC-e: most cryptos, I've seen addresses in Russia (at least one of which is fake) and Bulgaria, I currently have $35k missing
MtGox: Japan, no way to get USD out from the US, has had huge problems with withdrawals & responding to people in the past. I hear it's good for those outside the US though.
Vircurex: Beijing
There are quite a few other exchanges I've never heard of (including 6 in China that I wouldn't trust due to lack of legal recourse), and I'm guessing the others are relatively new and simply don't have the volume needed to invest more than small amounts, but I'll keep researching them.

traderCJ - I agree, the responsiveness of all the exchanges seem to go down when prices spike as they are overwhelmed with new accounts, funds, and support issues. I just hope this is the case vs. them trying to steal it. I will keep writing them in Russian - is there anywhere else I should post this to get their attention? On this forum or others? Or how about social media (fb, twitter, etc.)?

nice work gmoneyjive - one thing to add - Check those companies through the BBB, see if any complaints have been lodged.
I know some are in there, so you might want to re-rank ....
gmoneyjive (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 03:21:54 AM

UPDATE: BTC-e fixed the problem, the money is back in my account. The actions I took were:

1. Posting here
2. Posting/quoting & responding to "btc-e.com" on the official btc-e.com thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=40889.1420
3. PMing btc-e.com on this forum
4. Emailing root.servers.btc@gmail.com and financial@btc-e.com instead of just support@btc-e.com (which just generates an automated response for you to submit a ticket)
5. Tweeting @btcecom with the problem
6. Commenting on the btc-e.com news tab, both under the MetaTrader 4 and most recent news articles
7. Submitted a ticket in Russian instead of English

I have no idea what got through to them, or whether it was the cumulative effort, but it worked. I suggest all those with continuing problems do the same.

Cefalu - Will do. Those were super tentative rankings based on an hour of research. :-)
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: