Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:00:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A warning about Rpietila  (Read 7467 times)
BitcoinAccepted
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 07:02:35 PM

I don't post in this section as I don't feel I know enough to contribute fully.

However it was reading Risto's threads that first got me hooked on Bitcoin.

He treads a fine line between lunatic and genius as do most people I respect. Its a noble thing to formulate bold ideas and disseminate them whilst clearly not giving a shit about the way in which you are perceived by your peers.

He's got a big ego and can come across as a dick but will always get two thumbs up from me.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
mskryxz

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 07:16:33 PM

Rpietila is a good guy.

I don't post much here and whether or not he does have a medical condition, I still respect him. I admire the data that he posts and the wealth of information he provides for the rest of the community.
Thank you Rpietila.

If it wasn't for his data (other's data as well) I would not have bought in at $60. I am still holding long thanks to Rpietila and other people's data. The people who call doom for bitcoin or say it is going to fail never provide any data, charts, graphs, or statistics.

TLDR/Cliffs:

Rpietila's data made me purchase Bitcoins at $60 and I still hold them. Thanks to him and without disclosing how many BTC I have, I can say that he has made me more than 20 x my investment.
Dragonkiller

Activity: 378

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 07:23:44 PM

I agree, I don't post often but I've found rpietila's data and insight very useful. Doesn't mean I agree 100% with everything he says, but he certainly makes a very welcomed contribution.

Bringing up peoples' personal health issues is a very distasteful thing to do.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 07:46:31 PM

Please stop referring to this as a "health" problem. The way a person thinks and behaves are never treated effectively using medicine. Medicine tends to act as a way of subduing the symptoms of these manic people, it doesn't "cure" anything. You cannot medicate yourself into behavioural health any more effectively than you can think your way to physical health.

No-one should be encouraging, in whatever small way, a course of action that will remove rpietila's individuality of thought. He needs to use his faculties to manage his behaviour and self-reflect constructively, not take a route that destroys the type of thinking that makes him unique.

Vires in numeris
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 07:59:13 PM

Please stop referring to this as a "health" problem. The way a person thinks and behaves are never treated effectively using medicine. Medicine tends to act as a way of subduing the symptoms of these manic people, it doesn't "cure" anything. You cannot medicate yourself into behavioural health any more effectively than you can think your way to physical health.

No-one should be encouraging, in whatever small way, a course of action that will remove rpietila's individuality of thought. He needs to use his faculties to manage his behaviour and self-reflect constructively, not take a route that destroys the type of thinking that makes him unique.
A very good point, and important to remember for all of us. Nobody who is into bitcoin at this early stage is entirely "normal" by muggle standards. And those who understand it better than most, even less so.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
donjoe

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 08:14:21 PM

It seems to me that securities traders are a "type" and a lot of them do have manic depressive episodes.  Does the work attract that type of person or is that type of person better at it than the rest of us?
LOL, he said "work" and "securities traders" in the same paragraph. Roll Eyes

▮█     KRYLL     ▮█     AUTOMATED CRYPTO TRADING STRATEGIES MADE SIMPLE     ▮█
▁▁   ▮ █     Whitepaper   █   Token sale will start on Feb 7, 2018   █   Announcement     █ ▮   ▁▁
╚═══════●  ﹙ Telegram ﹚  ●●  ﹙ Twitter ﹚  ●●  ﹙ Facebook ﹚  ═══════╝
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 08:19:16 PM

My original post was meant as a warning for newbies to be careful about whose advice they follow.

Then say that instead of singling out one person.  He is far from the worst here, and having two entire threads devoted to him can't be helping his condition.

Fucktard.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
notme
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 08:21:15 PM

It seems to me that securities traders are a "type" and a lot of them do have manic depressive episodes.  Does the work attract that type of person or is that type of person better at it than the rest of us?
LOL, he said "work" and "securities traders" in the same paragraph. Roll Eyes

If it's not work and there is obviously high reward, why don't you go do it?

bassclef

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 08:22:18 PM

New people should be aware that this forum is full of sharks. There have been more scammers here than I have ever seen in any internet community. Tread carefully and don't trust anybody.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 08:25:31 PM

There have been more scammers here than I have ever seen in any internet community.

I rejoice every time a scammer runs off with suckers money. Why?
Being scammed into bankruptcy is every Bitcoiners true destiny.
maskielli

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 08:38:00 PM

I think hes one of the best posters on this forum, Judging from the majority of posters, I think Rpietila may be one of the sanest people here but most are just too crazy to see. With the amount of people screaming at him in every thread he posts in it really doesn't seem necessary to make a  thread just to highlight his personal/medical problems. If you want to discredit him you're only bet is to wait for the BTC price to continue rising and then you can point out that he was wrong about the crash, but i think there's a very good chance that his predictions are spot on and he will end up being the one laughing at everyone for making fun of him.
donjoe

Activity: 183

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 08:57:13 PM

For the same reason I don't go into thieving as a profession (and I mean what's recognized as thieving by the mainstream, because moving bits of paper left and right and getting rich from it is currently an unrecognized form of thievery, just like being a company owner and taking for yourself 100% of the profits created by your employees' work while paying them only a fixed income that's considered a cost).

▮█     KRYLL     ▮█     AUTOMATED CRYPTO TRADING STRATEGIES MADE SIMPLE     ▮█
▁▁   ▮ █     Whitepaper   █   Token sale will start on Feb 7, 2018   █   Announcement     █ ▮   ▁▁
╚═══════●  ﹙ Telegram ﹚  ●●  ﹙ Twitter ﹚  ●●  ﹙ Facebook ﹚  ═══════╝
notme
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:03:42 PM

For the same reason I don't go into thieving as a profession (and I mean what's recognized as thieving by the mainstream, because moving bits of paper left and right and getting rich from it is currently an unrecognized form of thievery, just like being a company owner and taking for yourself 100% of the profits created by your employees' work while paying them only a fixed income that's considered a cost).

Certain systems allow privledged individuals to steal via markets and currency creation mechanisms.

This does not mean trading is inherently stealing.  Without government sanctioned advantages (such as in the Bitcoin market), the only way to profit from trading is by moving assets from where they are available to where they are scarce.  If that is stealing, so is the import/export business.  And to accomplish that reliably requires a lot of work.

dave3k

Activity: 147

Realbitcoin.info

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 09:18:41 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2013, 09:29:38 PM by dave3k

I can't believe this is a topic.
A general warning is great, i.e do you own research.

But this needs deleting or major editing.

Realbitcoin.info
freethink2013

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:24:07 PM

I much prefer so called 'mad' people. These days having a strong personality or opinions is considered a disorder. Innovation is a disorder imho.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:42:38 PM

Innovation is a disorder imho.

Well of course it is! If you weren't changing the way things were ordered previously, what innovation did you really produce! And of course, the disordering has to begin in the mind of the innovator, that's inseparable from having a novel idea.

Vires in numeris
freethink2013

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:45:32 PM

Well of course it is! If you weren't changing the way things were ordered previously, what innovation did you really produce! And of course, the disordering has to begin in the mind of the innovator, that's inseparable from having a novel idea.

I think what you meant was "Fantastic post" before going on to ask me do I have a podcast or email newsletter to which you could subscribe. Cheesy
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 10:16:41 PM

I think what you meant was "Fantastic post" before going on to ask me do I have a podcast or email newsletter to which you could subscribe. Cheesy

Out of curiosity, do have a podcast or email newsletter to which one could subscribe?

Fantastic post btw.  OP must be ashamed of being such a shallow twit if he read it.

Tongue
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 10:20:35 PM

Do you have an example of his "doom and gloom"?

As far as I can tell, he's a top notch guy and the person on this board Bitchick and I would most want to meet IRL.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
revans

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 10:24:57 PM

Yeah,

Leave the guy alone. I man if he's kill them all reading this thread kill them all he's going to be pretty upset that people are kill them all saying stuff like this.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: