Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:54:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][USC] First merged minable scryptcoin UnitedScryptCoin, exchange available!  (Read 51716 times)
snailbrain
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:05:32 AM

can anyone confirm actual merged mining is happening?

I tried to get it to work with Grandcoin and couldn't get it to work. Obviously the difficulty on litecoin is way too high to solo mine it merged mine with USC so without a pool it's too bad.

Can you explain exactly what you did and what didn't work? Did a block get rejected? What does the debug.log say?

BTW: if you use p2pool + LTC + merged mining USC, you mine LTC in a pool (so the high difficulty does not matter) and you mine USC solo.

I couldn't get p2pool to work with grand coin. I obviously don't know what I'm doing with p2pool because I didnt realize that about LTC. I would still have to setup litecoind and download the whole block chain though, right?

you can replace LTC in what he said with GRAND coin (don't know anything about grandcoin but that is what he means, i think )

united-scrypt-coin (OP)

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 04:59:44 AM

can anyone confirm actual merged mining is happening?

I tried to get it to work with Grandcoin and couldn't get it to work. Obviously the difficulty on litecoin is way too high to solo mine it merged mine with USC so without a pool it's too bad.

Can you explain exactly what you did and what didn't work? Did a block get rejected? What does the debug.log say?

BTW: if you use p2pool + LTC + merged mining USC, you mine LTC in a pool (so the high difficulty does not matter) and you mine USC solo.

I couldn't get p2pool to work with grand coin. I obviously don't know what I'm doing with p2pool because I didnt realize that about LTC. I would still have to setup litecoind and download the whole block chain though, right?

you can replace LTC in what he said with GRAND coin (don't know anything about grandcoin but that is what he means, i think )

Yes. It's best to try it with LTC first. You need to run a full litecoin node. Point p2pool to it. If that works, you can add the --merged commandline option to p2pool.

It seems to work for a lot of people; hashrate is 5GH/s (faster than FTC!).
#R#a#u#t#e#

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 11:46:28 AM

i guess thoose who figured out how to merge mine this properly will keep their knowledge for a while.

if you are running a big pool this could be quiete profitable if that thing hits an exchange.

--->6Gh/s
united-scrypt-coin (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 12:25:35 PM
Last edit: December 04, 2013, 12:36:14 PM by united-scrypt-coin

i guess thoose who figured out how to merge mine this properly will keep their knowledge for a while.

if you are running a big pool this could be quiete profitable if that thing hits an exchange.

--->6Gh/s

That.

According to the hashrate display at vircurex, USC is now second only to LTC in hashrate. It is low risk for exchanges to carry it, because a 51% attack is quite unfeasible. On the other side: this coin is not even 4 days old...

Note, however, that the goal of this coin is to be the most secure scrypt coin. This can be done by combining most of the hashing power of all LTC-compatible coins. In this way it is theoretically possible to get more GH/s than LTC.

These are interesting times  Grin

Have you all read about the bounty (USC 100) for finding LTC-compatible coins to use as merged mining parent chain? (see at the top of this thread)
snailbrain
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 12:48:55 PM

--->6Gh/s

That.

According to the hashrate display at vircurex, USC is now second only to LTC in hashrate. It is low risk for exchanges to carry it, because a 51% attack is quite unfeasible. On the other side: this coin is not even 4 days old...

Note, however, that the goal of this coin is to be the most secure scrypt coin. This can be done by combining most of the hashing power of all LTC-compatible coins. In this way it is theoretically possible to get more GH/s than LTC.

Have you all read about the bounty (USC 100) for finding LTC-compatible coins to use as merged mining parent chain? (see at the top of this thread)

i wondered about this..

what happens when USC has more hash power than parent chain, it just works like normal except if you solve parent chain block it can't "solve" secondary chain block?

i.e. atm with namecoin, (i believe) if you solve a bitcoin block it can also solve the namecoin block at the same time? something like that..

can you clear that up? (i know i've read the answer a long time ago but has slipped my mind)

-- edit - if people are using multiple parent chains (seperate people) then USC could have more hash than LTC, how does that work or does USC never have more hash power than biggest parent chain.. confusing actually now

united-scrypt-coin (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 12:58:28 PM

--->6Gh/s

That.

i wondered about this..

what happens when USC has more hash power than parent chain, it just works like normal except if you solve parent chain block it can't "solve" secondary chain block?

i.e. atm with namecoin, (i believe) if you solve a bitcoin block it can also solve the namecoin block at the same time? something like that..

can you clear that up? (i know i've read the answer a long time ago but has slipped my mind)

-- edit - if people are using multiple parent chains (seperate people) then USC could have more hash than LTC, how does that work or does USC never have more hash power than biggest parent chain.. confusing actually now

There is no problem. I'm currenly experimenting with LKY as parent chain and USC as child. I have an LKY solution, which is not accepted by USC, because it is too 'easy'.

USC can, in theory, if enough people start to merged mine, have a higher rate than LTC.
snailbrain
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:00:20 PM

--->6Gh/s

That.

i wondered about this..

There is no problem. I'm currenly experimenting with LKY as parent chain and USC as child. I have an LKY solution, which is not accepted by USC, because it is too 'easy'.

USC can, in theory, if enough people start to merged mine, have a higher rate than LTC.

ok, this is fun

(i get easily excited)

#R#a#u#t#e#

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:48:15 PM

This defenitly needs a public pool for merged mining!
To solo mergemine is pretty useless at diff 64 wich will quadrupel in ~400 Blocks i guess....
gritter

Activity: 147
Merit: 101

Datum.network - register for Pre-ICO

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 05:45:18 AM

I mined some against CNC (ChinaCoin) as Parent

USC BLock #19357
http://unitedscryptcoin.org/block/3ea91b2b07865c11c592503f6e334aa2b8b8b6ff7014947a00b2d903f4e2df16

Parent
CNC Block #114,622
http://coinplorer.com/CNC/Blocks/1719d61692e753038d7f6d6bb9dc44d1f070dafe4a274edf9237df9c287ff1be

USC UWLDM5VHoueGh9MJBaawKZoKpFdUngQmJA
#R#a#u#t#e#

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 02:09:29 PM

Is anyone trusted willing to run a Giveaway thread? I would donate 150 USC. I cant right now due to lack of time.

Also im interested in a public pool for merge mining this! Of cause merged with one or even some of the mayor crypto currencies ( should be listed at http://coinmarketcap.com/ ).
Maybe we should start a bounty for that?  I would be willing to throw in some USC...
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 02:12:35 PM

i can add usc to one of my DGC PPS pools and i will distribute USC in giveaways if u like?

#R#a#u#t#e#

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 02:27:17 PM

Why not regular Payout in relation to the shares of the miners ?
I guess this would also be great marketing for the pool if the users gain aditional USC while mining DGC!

ahmed_bodi

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 02:28:07 PM

current software doesnt support it

#R#a#u#t#e#

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 02:32:27 PM

How hard could it be to implement?
A Dayly manual payout would be annoying i guess..

ahmed_bodi

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 02:53:54 PM

quite hard if im honest since there isnt any existing pool software supporting it

united-scrypt-coin (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 05:21:11 PM
Last edit: December 05, 2013, 05:39:00 PM by united-scrypt-coin

Thats great  Smiley Bounty paid (adc07eb25f27b6006ad5edeb62f03bebfc08c0cb4bd969bae973450e044c8802). I will add your proof to the announcement.
united-scrypt-coin (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 05:45:07 PM

i can add usc to one of my DGC PPS pools and i will distribute USC in giveaways if u like?

That would both be great. I will donate USC 350 to a giveaway. What is a reasonable amount to give? USC 1? USC 2? (that will be a looong thread...)

Pool support of merged mining is needed. Please add USC to one (or all) of your pools! (if you are the first to prove a block is mined against an other major scryptcoin, you can claim a bounty of USC 100)

#R#a#u#t#e#

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 06:48:16 PM

I suggest 1 USC because of the current difficulty of almost 200 and Block reward of 50.
This is quiet a lot, a decent VGA card (~500Kh/s) gives 2,5 coins a day right now.

To mine one coin it costs me more than USD 0,5 (germany)
united-scrypt-coin (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 06:57:24 PM

I suggest 1 USC because of the current difficulty of almost 200 and Block reward of 50.
This is quiet a lot, a decent VGA card (~500Kh/s) gives 2,5 coins a day right now.

To mine one coin it costs me more than USD 0,5 (germany)

ahmed_bodi, are you willing to do a thread with 500 giveaways of USC 1? Otherwise, maybe we should limit the amount to, say USC 250 or lower?
zoro

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 07:31:45 PM

will anyone implement a merge pool? with whatever parent

"killer app" of BTC = MasterCoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=265488.0Mastercoin(A new protocol layer on top of Bitcoin)
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: