Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:38:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I am currently country shopping. What are some good ones?  (Read 7962 times)
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 09:03:38 PM

These wont rebel...

They're still piloted remotely, so their pilots can rebel Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
uMMcQxCWELNzkt

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 09:20:26 PM

These wont rebel...

Sure but it makes is a lot less likely in my opinion, in fact I can imagine Americans turning on each other as massive propaganda campaigns would route out the new [insert communist/terrorist here] threat. To be honest who needs to use military when you can cut of the food/water/electricity supply in the blink of an eye. Police are probably the most dangerous and less likely to not rebel I think, I have little faith those.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 09:31:06 PM
Last edit: December 04, 2013, 10:16:35 PM by iCEBREAKER

Slovenia, Czech, and Slovakia are nice places for Bitcoiners.

Also, great beer and lovely ladies!   Cool

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 09:35:34 PM

Stay in America to assist with the turning of days.
Any attempt at that would just get shut down by our giant fucking military, unless some other countries were helping us out..
Unless we take them out with peace.  All it takes is people to stop using money and we are free.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 09:55:25 PM

Sure but it makes is a lot less likely in my opinion, in fact I can imagine Americans turning on each other as massive propaganda campaigns would route out the new [insert communist/terrorist here] threat. To be honest who needs to use military when you can cut of the food/water/electricity supply in the blink of an eye. Police are probably the most dangerous and less likely to not rebel I think, I have little faith those.  

In Libya the aircraft pilots dropped their bombs and missed on purpose because they didn't want to carry out their orders and bomb innocent people who were just fighting for their lives, honestly, I know there are people on the internet who think the government are this big scary totalitarian regime but the fact is the majority of the time it's a sociopath against the rest of the world and usually the rest of the world bands together to stop them.

That said we've gone a bit off topic, but anyway yeah, picking a Bitcoin friendly country is a good idea, not sure what I'm going to do here in the UK with what's going on right now.
caminilegroup

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 10:01:10 PM

I hear North Korea is nice this time of year  Grin
calian

Activity: 354

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 12:44:36 AM

Hmm, you can buy groceries with bitcoin in Canada or Germany but neither is cheap or particularly known for sunny beaches. While looking at high tech options where a startup could do well Estonia should be on the radar too. The islands of Belize are pretty good unless you're slightly crazy and have an anti-virus company named after you. Uruguay would be worth checking out a bit more. Argentina is running on an insane economic policy but I'll bet if you showed up with a pocket full of bitcoin you could do quite well. I think moving around a bit and seeing where you like is a good way to start. I'd love to check a bunch of places out.
Maderia, the Azores, the Canaries, Portugal, Gibraltar, Barcelona, Ibiza, Mallorca, Ceuta, Melilla, Pompeii, Corsica, Sardinia, Malta, Cyprus, the Dead Sea, Mwanza, Tanzania, Zanzibar, Namibia, Tasmania, the Cayman Islands, Barbados, Mauritius, etc.

I knew a guy who rented a place on the beach, tutored English and really enjoyed himself in Taiwan for a few years. Singapore is extremely expensive but still a fascinating city.

I'd be a little scared to visit Transnistria, South Ossetia and Abkhazia not being a Russian. However you could go visit the preparations for the Olympics in Sochi.

If you need infrastructure to build things though you'll probably gravitate to Southern California, Shenzhen or Hong Kong.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 01:35:08 AM

In Libya the aircraft pilots dropped their bombs and missed on purpose because they didn't want to carry out their orders and bomb innocent people who were just fighting for their lives, honestly, I know there are people on the internet who think the government are this big scary totalitarian regime but the fact is the majority of the time it's a sociopath against the rest of the world and usually the rest of the world bands together to stop them.

That said we've gone a bit off topic, but anyway yeah, picking a Bitcoin friendly country is a good idea, not sure what I'm going to do here in the UK with what's going on right now.

Sooner or later, the police state jackboots will mess with the wrong vet, a well-connected and highly-respected vet who didn't watch his buddies die face down in the sand just to return home to an unconstitutional empire led by a supreme executive.

Then it's the Battle of Athens, writ large.  Open season on the thug pigs, from Good Guys and Bad Guys alike.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Athens_%281946%29

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
JekyllIsland

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 04:55:55 AM

These wont rebel...

I honestly don't feel it will come to that. There is no reason that is has to come to that. We as humans are capable of peaceful change. Take Iceland for example/

But if it did, that isn't bravery... it's fucking stupidity. Sad times we're living in. But these are also very interesting and pivotal times.(as are all times in history, just depends how humans react.) We've been kicking the can down the road for far too long.
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 10:59:02 AM

Luxemburg
Caymans

You probably want to eschew Cyprus Cheesy

Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2013, 10:17:14 AM

I appreciate all of the responses. I may have to just take a year and just stay in different locations for a month or so at a time. Most countries allow you to stay there for a month on a tourist visa.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 12:02:12 AM

How about Uruguay?

Great beaches, clean, safe, and loves Bitcoin.

People from Argentina are running away to Uruguay.... The country is booming. I would go their now and enjoy the next 20 years until the next generation starts wearing Che T Shirts. No country is amazing for a long time. Use the Che T Shirt matrix system to know when it is time to split Smiley
snakebit

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 02:59:46 AM

Chile, Peru, Colombia, Ecuador, and Uruguay

South America is very appealing to me lately. Even better if you know Spanish and it is a pretty easy language to pick up.
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 03:44:29 AM

those countries are probably pretty stable ^ but generally speaking, isn't south america kind of unsafe?
snakebit

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 04:50:22 AM

That's kind of a vague statement. It would be the equivalent of me saying the US is unsafe. You won't find a country that is 100% safe (Switzerland maybe?). One will have to do their due diligence to research and visit those countries in order to make an informed decision as far as picking a new country to live in and especially to avoid living in the seedy parts of town.
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 04:52:04 AM

That's kind of a vague statement. It would be the equivalent of me saying the US is unsafe. You won't find a country that is 100% safe (Switzerland maybe?). One will have to do their due diligence to research and visit those countries in order to make an informed decision as far as picking a new country to live in and especially to avoid living in the seedy parts of town.

well, i know columbia and venezula are pretty unsafe.. as people are getting kidnapped left and right. if the OP plans to live in south america, he's probably going to want to travel in the surrounding areas too after all.. so it would limit his options on where to go on vacation from his "vacation."
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 05:05:00 AM

I'm in the Philippines. Smiley A bunch of expats are also living here, including Mr. Tagbond (founder and owner of vtc.com)

snakebit

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 05:12:52 AM

well, i know columbia and venezula are pretty unsafe.. as people are getting kidnapped left and right. if the OP plans to live in south america, he's probably going to want to travel in the surrounding areas too after all.. so it would limit his options on where to go on vacation from his "vacation."

Yeah, I didn't include Venezuela a place to live as I have an acquaintance that works in Caracas and know what's going on over there. It's very unstable over there. Also avoid Brazil and Argentina.

However, I've been to Medellin Colombia and have friends who are from the area and it is surprisingly nice over there. Beautiful scenery and low crime. There are some shady areas in Colombia of course, but there are also some really good areas to visit. If you look at the cycle of nations and all the problems they had in the past, Colombia is definitely on an upswing.

Chile is my favorite though as far as South America goes even despite the earthquakes. Smiley
ginbank

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:05:48 PM

I'd look into Chile. Research it. Google Sovereign Man Simon Black Chile. Immigration supposed to be easy, cheap, safest of South America, infrastructure ok.

If you can pass NZ immigration, I'd also look into that. Australia is always nice, too.

Hong Kong for fast internet and if you are still looking to start businesses or work, earn money, good for low tax rates.

Thailand is not bad if you are no longer working, just want to have good food, sports, health releated stuff, but immigration is a pain unless you have lots of spare money and want to join the "Thailand Elite" program. Language is also difficult to master perfectly especially reading and writing. Internet infrastructure and power cuts are bad if you are still productive, can also be bad for networking unless you are in polluted, noisy, flooding Bangkok.

AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 06:05:54 AM
Last edit: December 13, 2013, 06:18:27 AM by AnonyMint

another place to consider: the phillippine islands. you probably won't find many other non-western countries that have as big a population that speaks english, ladies all over, and beaches to the north, south, west, and east.

i hear in certain corners it can be quite dangerous though.

I lost my eye in Philippines due to an attack by a gang of youth (and the police were involved too) and it was in the area where all the bars are and the foreigners hang out.

More importantly, you will hate the Philippines for at least a couple of years:

http://liveinthephilippines.com/content/you-wont-like-living-in-the-philippines/

The only way you will really like the Philippines is if:

1. You like Christians, otherwise go to Thailand.

2. And you like everything to be incredibly inefficient and difficult.

3. And you like that your neighbors will put a 115 dB karaoke and male rooster next to your bedroom and home-office windows.

4. Or you are rich enough to live in a bubble so you aren't exposed to the real Philippines, in which case you will be exposed to the real kidnapping and extortion.

For the moment, the Philippines has improved a bit, but by 2016 the bad times will return and you will NOT want to be in the country:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jessecolombo/2013/11/21/heres-why-the-philippines-economic-miracle-is-really-a-bubble-in-disguise/

I was in the Philippines during the 1998 Asian crisis and I left to the USA. It was just miserable. The people were so pissed off. Boys always yelling "hey joe, fuck you". "hey joe, give me your money". Then the jeepney drivers running me off the road into a tree when ever I would try to ride my bicycle on the road.

I do have one item I want to nitpick on as follows...

But see how little they have accomplished in 12 years! All the gains in spying power have come at the expense of greatly increased information (and later monetary) freedom to everyone.

The QE ended up as dollar bond issues throughout the developing world. Thus what they've been successfully doing the past 12 years is running up the debt of the world, and preparing all the tracking technologies, for the global implosion that will begin before 2020 (and after 2015).

Don't concentrate on FUD-news too much. I don't follow the news on QE or anything for that matter, just happily concentrate on Bitcoin:
1) See how I'm doing, not bad ha? Wink

The QE did in fact ended up as massive dollars loans in the developing world. And there is now a huge overhang of corporate debt in the developing world. This is not FUD. It is a fact. It can be verified. I personally verified it by reading the business section of the local paper every day for a few weeks and seeing $billion dollar bond issues by San Miguel, FilInvest, etc.. every day! Every day! Every day!

You can see it here, there are condos, new malls, new subdivisions going up like crazy. Forbes identified all the points I had already wrote about this.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jessecolombo/2013/11/21/heres-why-the-philippines-economic-miracle-is-really-a-bubble-in-disguise/

I have adjusted and I now love the place. But it took decades to adjust. And I am not the same person I was 20 years ago. And I know many techniques that aid me in being happy and more efficient in this inefficient place.

Yet I am not sure if I will stay when the really bad times return. As much as I love the filipinos, that was hell during the Asian crisis. Everyone was trying to use and abuse me.

The filipinos are sweet people, they are hard working, etc.. But people are not happy when they can't eat what they like. Try eating bananas every day with no meat. I have tried it, you won't be in a good mood.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: