Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:12:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is going on in the market?  (Read 1726 times)
Wonder_woman

Activity: 674
Merit: 101

I am hired and not own by any Team!

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 04:21:19 PM

The market is very unpredictable now. The volatility of every coin is increasing and its really hard to read and predict whats gonna happen.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
socksserver3

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:58:00 PM

Different things are going on, depending on what you mean exactly. If you are talking about the price changes than there are obvious reasons why this happens. I think that if you control the market, you will always be aware of fluctuations and take smart decisions how to act
jlong187

Activity: 255

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:00:49 PM

I would say that many things on a market as growth or fall of prices can be caused by news, real news and fake news of course
doomloop

Activity: 2282
Merit: 581

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 09:30:47 PM

Some are commenting that the recent price hike was due to the conferences being held in various places and upcoming conferences.

"In addition, Lee pointed out that the 2018 conference (marking the fourth year of the event), scheduled to kick off in New York City on May 14, is expected to pull in a crowd of roughly 7,000 (as compared to last year’s 2750-strong crowd) – previously, when attendance increased, Bitcoin jumped by 69% during the conference, and 138% in the months following the event."

https://cryptovest.com/news/fundstrat-analyst-foresees-impending-rally-for-bitcoin-owing-to-consensus-conference/
In the current market the stability and the equilibrium has established and this is due to the equal number of demand for Bitcoin which is responsible for this stability. The Bitcoin fluctuates and today the price equivalent to 8.7k dollar which is increasing more with the passage of time. Now invest in Bitcoin and choose your new modern way of living without any high transaction fees and wastage of time.

mistajackson

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:57:06 AM

Lots going on within the space in all honesty. Lots of FUD being spread, and regulatory issues coming into play. I'm just continuing to hodl and sell bit by bit when in profit.
newcollegestar

Activity: 124
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 12:15:15 PM

I haven't noticed much of a change for the better. Only see that the rate does not recover to the point where it was worth 19000. I think I don't see anything good yet.

It seems to me, nothing new is happening. As usual, the coins prices are swinging. If today they are green, tomorrow they can turn red. Of course, I wish to see how the cryptocurrency is constantly growing.

Here's a different question -

Have we seen the bottom of the market?
Few days ago when I monitored the market the price was moving around 7k dollar and was a little bit stable around 7k dollar but eventually the price rose up and stabled at 8k dollar but after few days the same thing or trend happened when I monitored the market the price of Bitcoin was stable at 9k dollar. This shows an increase trend and this increase trend can go eventually in the upcoming days and will make the market back at the highest possible stage.
gegewojinnian18

Activity: 385

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 04:46:05 PM

I would say that many things on a market as growth or fall of prices can be caused by news, real news and fake news of course
That's right, this proves that the market for cryptocurrency is very fragile, and you look at the stock market and they are rarely interfered by fake news.

alibaba93

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:01:50 PM

Hello everyone - I don't usually put up posts, but I was curious on what everyone is seeing for this recent market upswing.

This is the second time in the last 4 months we've gone from 250bn market cap to over 400bn. Very much a yo-yo effect.

We've seen the market press hype cool down - so what is causing the market to go back up? If you could all please post some real world news that would be much appreciated. Doesn't have to be news from a news source - could be numbers from block explorers, investment news, just something that can be tied down to a FIAT value being put into crypto.

For me (a little bit of a conspiracy theorist)

USD Tether gains FIAT value in Q3 to Q4 of 2017 -> Moves FIAT value to Noble Bank -> "Legitimizes" USD Tether

BitConnect crisis occurs -> Loss of investor confidence -> Lack of market liquidity -> Correction

SEC opens with somewhat positive remarks to crypto as a whole -> Focus specifically on ICO scams

Discovery of Mt. Gox trustee -> Rumors spread -> Investor confidence drops further causing further slide

USD Tether media cools off -> USD Tether prints off more tokens beginning of April -> Stabilizes investor confidence

Stable coins begin emerging post USD Tether -> Markets keep resurfacing throughout April

May 7th SEC supposed to rule on Ethereum and XRP on whether they are securities (https://www.ethnews.com/sec-cftc-to-discuss-possible-securities-classification-of-ether-other-cryptocurrencies) -> Market effect Huh??

ICO fraud rumors (https://medium.com/@douglaslyons/ldj-capital-all-that-glitters-is-not-gold-ccbfc21ffd71) -> Market effect Huh??

I can provide links for any of those events - I just didn't want to spam links. It would be interesting to see if anyone can find info of "new" FIAT money going into Crypto which would give evidence of a bull market - especially if it is found from institutional sources. The opposite as well - if anyone has insights into how this could be a bull trap, that would be awesome to read.

As I said, goal is to pool together everyone's reading material for better clarity on current market events.

Please post your mother will die.
The market today is showing signs of not being good, as bitcoin and altcoin prices are continuing to stay after a slight increase. This suggests that although bitcoin prices have increased over the last few days, bitcoin prices have remained in the down cycle in the long run. Therefore, you should only short-term investment at this time to avoid the risk that may occur.
kiloiko

Activity: 339
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 05:13:31 AM

I haven't noticed much of a change for the better. Only see that the rate does not recover to the point where it was worth 19000. I think I don't see anything good yet.
Speaking about Bitcoin, I would say the market looks stable and the stability was long awaited. This stability in the values of Bitcoin has attracted so many to invest and the rise in the demand is on the peak. Besides, ETH has also a good market. ETH is expected to cross the 1000$ value very soon. Besides, the number of people holding ETH has gone beyond expected. Good news of course.
illnino

Activity: 756
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 03:50:57 PM

It seems to me, nothing new is happening. As usual, the coins prices are swinging. If today they are green, tomorrow they can turn red. Of course, I wish to see how the cryptocurrency is constantly growing.

I guess that the bottom of the market was seen already. The bearish trend ( Thank God!) is surely over. Yes, the cryptocurrencies are not stable still, and many altcoins prices are going up and then down often.
cuenzy

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 03:57:57 PM

In my opinion, sentiment, unlike the last two times, is changing. Institutional money is never really interested in catching falling daggers, so they just let coins bleed out without participating at all... noobs from the run-up in December-January who fomo'd switch to full FUD and through despair sent us through a capitulation period.  Institutional money then around 250-270 billion market cap started its accumulation phase after the last little bit of 200 day death cross was less severe than expected. Now that the bottom was found, and institutional money propped us up along with experienced people got their bags loaded with their favorite alts, its time for noobs to eventually step back in and really fomo this thing up to previous highs and eventually a market cap above 1 trillion by the end of the year.  One thing noobs never really understand is big whales make more money in smaller position trades over letting the market run .. everyone has their role to play.. the institutional money supporting or dumping and not participating, the whales looking for key areas to accumulate and dump to start it over, the smarter older fish who swim with whales as to not get eaten, and the classic noobies who fear missing out and panic.  Some of your things like SEC news, Mt Gox, and BitConnect have their role to play in this process, but I think its more of an institutional money creating an opportunity for a swing trade off of this over anyone really being scared.

May 7th SEC supposed to rule on Ethereum and XRP on whether they are securities (https://www.ethnews.com/sec-cftc-to-discuss-possible-securities-classification-of-ether-other-cryptocurrencies) -> Market effect Huh??

This, however, is a bit concerning.. but you'll likely know beforehand as the market reacts.. stuff like this will almost certainly be leaked and you'll see people in the know react accordingly. I have a hard time seeing how ETH as a security though... XRP can go to zero.. so I'm not concerned there.

Cant help but agree in all the points mentioned but we can just always take are guess unleess we’re the ones who really post or involved. Too much hyped in dec-jan
ricardobs

Activity: 1204
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 05:25:37 AM

The market is a little bit stable and the stable price lie between 8k dollar and 9k dollar. Sometimes the price becomes 8.5k dollar and sometimes 9.5k dollar but the situations change rapidly with sudden increase or decrease in the demand.

This market is favorable for investment as the price is not stable so high but stable fewer than 10k dollar and I find this opportunity and refer it to others to invest here and wait for the high market.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 12:45:58 PM

The market is a little bit stable and the stable price lie between 8k dollar and 9k dollar. Sometimes the price becomes 8.5k dollar and sometimes 9.5k dollar but the situations change rapidly with sudden increase or decrease in the demand.

This market is favorable for investment as the price is not stable so high but stable fewer than 10k dollar and I find this opportunity and refer it to others to invest here and wait for the high market.

Well if you're going to refer it to someone who've been aware of btc since last year, i don't think they'll be positive about it because of the drastic drop it made. As for the bottom, i'm not sure if we've seen it already but hopefully we did last february :p

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
lance04

Activity: 462
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 02:45:53 PM

The market is still in the good condition because everything in this business is properly functioning and it is systematic, so less worries about the negative thoughts in our mind, just simmered down.
rose8963

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:56:25 PM

Hello everyone - I don't usually put up posts, but I was curious on what everyone is seeing for this recent market upswing.

This is the second time in the last 4 months we've gone from 250bn market cap to over 400bn. Very much a yo-yo effect.

We've seen the market press hype cool down - so what is causing the market to go back up? If you could all please post some real world news that would be much appreciated. Doesn't have to be news from a news source - could be numbers from block explorers, investment news, just something that can be tied down to a FIAT value being put into crypto.

USD Tether gains FIAT value in Q3 to Q4 of 2017 -> Moves FIAT value to Noble Bank -> "Legitimizes" USD Tether

BitConnect crisis occurs -> Loss of investor confidence -> Lack of market liquidity -> Correction

SEC opens with somewhat positive remarks to crypto as a whole -> Focus specifically on ICO scams

Discovery of Mt. Gox trustee -> Rumors spread -> Investor confidence drops further causing further slide

USD Tether media cools off -> USD Tether prints off more tokens beginning of April -> Stabilizes investor confidence

Stable coins begin emerging post USD Tether -> Markets keep resurfacing throughout April

ICO fraud rumors (https://medium.com/@douglaslyons/ldj-capital-all-that-glitters-is-not-gold-ccbfc21ffd71) -> Market effect Huh??

I can provide links for any of those events - I just didn't want to spam links. It would be interesting to see if anyone can find info of "new" FIAT money going into Crypto which would give evidence of a bull market - especially if it is found from institutional sources. The opposite as well - if anyone has insights into how this could be a bull trap, that would be awesome to read.

As I said, goal is to pool together everyone's reading material for better clarity on current market events.

You can see that the market is showing signs of slowdown and bitcoin prices are showing signs of decreasing slightly in the past days when adjusted to the $ 6300 level. Prices for altcoin are also starting to fall sharply. Therefore, I believe that at this time you should only short-term investment in bitcoin to reduce the risk.
xitrum

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 11:27:22 PM

The market is showing signs of continuing its down cycle, you can see that at the current price bitcoin is continuing to adjust and are very volatile, so that can reduce the risk. ro, I believe that at this time you should only deal day and always have investment plans to be able to reduce the risk. The price of my bitcoin will probably fall to $ 5300 in the near future.

Ronaldcoin2017

Activity: 1148
Merit: 300

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 12:55:42 AM

The market is showing signs of continuing its down cycle, you can see that at the current price bitcoin is continuing to adjust and are very volatile, so that can reduce the risk. ro, I believe that at this time you should only deal day and always have investment plans to be able to reduce the risk. The price of my bitcoin will probably fall to $ 5300 in the near future.
amrkwt is now down, but we need to take it easy because it is a normal thing. We experience huge dip before and this dip is not new to us. We can all gain on it even in a huge dip but only buying some more and wait foe the right time to sell our holdings, that is why patience is really more important in crypto.
KrishaBitcoin

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 02:21:16 AM

Obviously, the market is in difficult right now in which Bitcoin has been in this situation before. I remember the day when Bitcoin was young and just introduced in the market in which the price is constantly fluctuating, we though it is the end of it but mostly are wrong because Bitcoin survived. Therefore we should be use to this market cycles and should learn from it so that we keep on earning even this time of difficulties.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                        
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
maydna

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 04:34:38 AM

the market still going on and still unpredicted but we can still try to make a profit. I think cryptocurrency will keep increase no matter how bad the news is out there and if the market gets impact because of that news, the market will still increase in the end. but the market is also up and down in anytime and it's not just because of the news only. but I am happy to see bitcoin now because the price can increase although it is not too big and we can try to get the benefits from the price.
dekcutbusu33

Activity: 166
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 05:44:28 AM

Yes, many things happen, depending on what we mean correctly. If we talk about price changes rather than there is a clear reason why this happens. Because of broader regulations, and that will apply to this year and maybe next year because unless the market is well regulated, it cannot be handled by all who see.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: