Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 10:16:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alex jones calls Bitcoin a "Bubble" & "Globalist NWO" Creation  (Read 10544 times)
TheRandomGuy

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 07:29:38 PM

How the hell is bitcoin a global currency? You aren't forced to use it.  Cheesy

BTC: 1wbGAAabrsu8pjVXWUQvjUUhe18e721K2
FAUCET ROTATOR SCRIPT
neutralist

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 07:33:11 PM

AJ is from the NWO side. Tons of evidence. Look for it.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 07:35:45 PM

Nobody of you whackjobs is NWO, you are experiencing cognitive dissonance.

nuff said.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 08:11:29 PM

Nobody of you whackjobs is NWO, you are experiencing cognitive dissonance.

nuff said.

I'm sure we have plenty of Nerdy White Old guys on this forum  Tongue
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 08:58:22 PM

If you want to restore your rationality, turn off all the noise and focus. Focus for example reading those who continuously speak or write in logic. For example most of my November posts.

Yes, it is clear that your dopamine receptors are stimulated by ranting on this board and your November work (from what I've skimmed) is ample evidence of this.  I'm not saying that you are any different from most of the rest of us, but it would probably be healthy to take a break from it from time to time and/or explore other forms of expression.

My bandwidth is much higher than you realize. You are only see a small fraction of my time involved.

So, you break away to beat off from time to time?

Yeah.

Me to, but mostly when BTC is tanking.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:01:57 PM

Alex Jones is also bat shit crazy. So, why is this a surprise?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
gangplank

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:07:54 PM

The guy is a marketer, that's all. He spews out so much shit, of course he is going to be right some of the time (broken clock right twice a day). He won't promote Bitcoin because he hasn't figured out how to sell it to his viewers while taking a slice of the profits and he doesn't want the dimwits that listen to him to buy bitcoins instead of berkey water filters, survival seeds or whatever other shit he is pushing this week.
neutralist

Activity: 85

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:36:05 PM

The guy is a marketer, that's all.

Gold is a prime example.
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 06:19:37 AM

Logic 101 remedial course is now in session...

Bitcoin is an open source project; the whole point is that no government can control it...

What does point #1 have to do with point #2? (Hint: nothing)

And what does either point have to do with what Alex Jones said in the video about Bitcoin being a ponzi bubble? (Hint: nothing)

To clarify for dolts who don't pass Logic 101, open source and the ability to fork does not guarantee the government can't control it.

And Alex Jones' thesis was not about the government controlling it or not. It was about the Bitards' emotional speculation and the Ponzi bubble. Whether the alleged Ponzi bubble is true or not, is irrelevant to the fact that Alex's thesis in the video linked in the OP was not about government control.

Tangentially, the proof it is a ponzi bubble is at the following quoted post:

Gonzalo Lira explains why anonymity is so important but Bitcoin doesn't have it.

Also, actually acquiring bitcoins is remarkably complex—and completely negates the supposed anonymity of bitcoin. Here’s a Reddit editor discussing how tough it was for him to get bitcoins, which is fairly typical of retail customers: A whole lot of hassles, and he still couldn’t buy any. And for all the talk of “bitcoin’s anonymity”, you need a whole truckload of verifiable documents making clear who you are in order to buy your first bitcoin. So the bitcoin-anonymity argument is a chimera.

The failure to meet that condition—“buy or sell exclusively and necessarily with bitcoin”—is what makes bitcoin essentially useless.

Data taken from http://blockchain.info/charts

In the past 60 days bitcoin market price has increased by 8000%. If the cause of increase was widespread adoption of bitcoin as a currency, people would be making transactions. The number of transactions would increase by a similar percentage taking it to around 300000 transactions per day. The current number of transactions is around 75000 per day.

My take from the data is that bitcoin is in a massive speculative bubble. People are hoarding and not using bitcoin as a currency.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 06:22:28 AM

Bitcoin is an open source project; the whole point is that no government can control it...

And what does either point have to do with what Alex Jones said in the video about Bitcoin being a ponzi bubble? (Hint: nothing)

To clarify for dolts who don't pass Logic 101, open source and the ability to fork does not guarantee the government can't control it.

And Alex Jones' thesis was not about the government controlling it or not. It was about the Bitards' emotional speculation and the Ponzi bubble. Whether the alleged Ponzi bubble is true or not, is irrelevant to the fact that Alex's thesis was not government control.

you're the illuminati! tell me who you work for, and what your boss' name is.. you can't take our liberty!
AnonyMint

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 06:24:24 AM

And Alex Jones' thesis was not about the government controlling it or not. It was about the Bitards' emotional speculation and the Ponzi bubble. Whether the alleged Ponzi bubble is true or not, is irrelevant to the fact that Alex's thesis was not government control.

you're the illuminati! tell me who you work for, and what your boss' name is.. you can't take our liberty!

You are taking your own liberty by destroying yourselves in the Ponzi bubble.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 06:26:03 AM

Alex Jones is a gibbering idiot and it is no surprise he would say something this stupid.  I don't think that clown has seen an event that isn't some bogus conspiracy.  Whoever said it upthread was right.  He doesn't like Bitcoin because he hasn't found a way to swindle people with it or sell it to the mouth-breathers who hang on his every word.
jballs

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 06:32:00 AM

And Alex Jones' thesis was not about the government controlling it or not. It was about the Bitards' emotional speculation and the Ponzi bubble. Whether the alleged Ponzi bubble is true or not, is irrelevant to the fact that Alex's thesis in the video linked in the OP was not about government control.

Tangentially, the proof it is a ponzi bubble is at the following quoted post:

Gonzalo Lira explains why anonymity is so important but Bitcoin doesn't have it.

Also, actually acquiring bitcoins is remarkably complex—and completely negates the supposed anonymity of bitcoin. Here’s a Reddit editor discussing how tough it was for him to get bitcoins, which is fairly typical of retail customers: A whole lot of hassles, and he still couldn’t buy any. And for all the talk of “bitcoin’s anonymity”, you need a whole truckload of verifiable documents making clear who you are in order to buy your first bitcoin. So the bitcoin-anonymity argument is a chimera.

The failure to meet that condition—“buy or sell exclusively and necessarily with bitcoin”—is what makes bitcoin essentially useless.

Data taken from http://blockchain.info/charts

In the past 60 days bitcoin market price has increased by 8000%. If the cause of increase was widespread adoption of bitcoin as a currency, people would be making transactions. The number of transactions would increase by a similar percentage taking it to around 300000 transactions per day. The current number of transactions is around 75000 per day.

My take from the data is that bitcoin is in a massive speculative bubble. People are hoarding and not using bitcoin as a currency.

Let's play spot the bubble...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=355406.0

Which one is not a bubble?

I know but no hints...

H A R A                [  WHITEPAPER   │   LITEPAPER  ]                H A R A  
Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
TWITTER     GITHUB          REDDIT     FACEBOOK     BITCOINTALKLINKEDIN
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 06:52:17 AM

About the only good thing about reckless misuse of the word "Ponzi" is that it advertises the speaker as an idiot whose opinion can safely be ignored.

A Ponzi is a scheme that pays new "investors" out of funds from older investors, generally with some implausible cover story portraying it as a legitimate investment.  That's all it is.  It isn't just a word that means any financial anything that the speaker finds shady for some reason.  Used that way, what it means is "I am an idiot."
AnonyMint

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 07:23:36 AM

About the only good thing about reckless misuse of the word "Ponzi" is that it advertises the speaker as an idiot whose opinion can safely be ignored.

A Ponzi is a scheme that pays new "investors" out of funds from older investors, generally with some implausible cover story portraying it as a legitimate investment.  That's all it is.  It isn't just a word that means any financial anything that the speaker finds shady for some reason.  Used that way, what it means is "I am an idiot."

We already refuted that semantic shell game obfuscation delusion. See the thread that I quoted from. Numerous prominent Libetarians and Austrian economists have weighed in on this in agreement with me, such as Peter Schiff and Gary North who is a key advisor and long-time close confidant of Ron Paul, Lew Rockwell and the Mises Institute.

Let's play spot the bubble...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=355406.0

Which one is not a bubble?

I know but no hints...

I hope you realize they are both Ponzi bubbles, but the fiat one will be the last one to crash, because both require a collapse of confidence and a supply of greater fools. The QE is ending up as dollar bond issues in the developing world, and they have a lot more undeveloped areas to soak up more debt than Bitcoin will have greater fools willing to pay $10000, $100000, or $1 million per 1 BTC (depending on which price the crash occurs).

beetcoin

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:02:04 AM

Alex Jones is a gibbering idiot and it is no surprise he would say something this stupid.  I don't think that clown has seen an event that isn't some bogus conspiracy.  Whoever said it upthread was right.  He doesn't like Bitcoin because he hasn't found a way to swindle people with it or sell it to the mouth-breathers who hang on his every word.

he's just trolling you. he makes millions by playing this character, just like rush limbaugh and practically every other tv personality. if they didn't say incendiary shit, eyes would not be on them.. i really do think they plan these outbursts just to get people talking about them (whether lovers or haters).
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:00:46 AM

The reason the government hasn't clamped down on Bitcoin is, they are waiting to see if it will go anywhere for real. If Bitcoin doesn't expand worldwide rapidly enough, somewhere along the line they will try to shut it down. If it expands worldwide rapidly, government will try to exploit it.

The Federal Reserve Bank creates money out of thin air. What if they expanded the Bitcoin bubble by offering double for it, say, $2400 a bitcoin. They could take a lot of ownership that way. People would sell - not everyone of course.

And who can afford ASIC mining computers more than the FED? They could win this thing simply by taking over. Are they smart enough?

The only way Bitcoin will succeed is if it spreads around the world rapidly enough that people can start bypassing the banks in droves. It will still die if the banks decide to go offline, because then there will be no reason (or maybe ability) for governments to keep the Interned alive.

Of course, there are a bunch of viable Bitcoin spin-offs that just might help Bitcoin remain. For example, in this present Bitcoin bubble (if that is what it really is) Litecoin has jumped further, faster, percentage-wise, than Bitcoin. And it looks like PPcoin has done similar.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
beetcoin

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:19:46 AM

The reason the government hasn't clamped down on Bitcoin is, they are waiting to see if it will go anywhere for real. If Bitcoin doesn't expand worldwide rapidly enough, somewhere along the line they will try to shut it down. If it expands worldwide rapidly, government will try to exploit it.

The Federal Reserve Bank creates money out of thin air. What if they expanded the Bitcoin bubble by offering double for it, say, $2400 a bitcoin. They could take a lot of ownership that way. People would sell - not everyone of course.

And who can afford ASIC mining computers more than the FED? They could win this thing simply by taking over. Are they smart enough?

The only way Bitcoin will succeed is if it spreads around the world rapidly enough that people can start bypassing the banks in droves. It will still die if the banks decide to go offline, because then there will be no reason (or maybe ability) for governments to keep the Interned alive.

Of course, there are a bunch of viable Bitcoin spin-offs that just might help Bitcoin remain. For example, in this present Bitcoin bubble (if that is what it really is) Litecoin has jumped further, faster, percentage-wise, than Bitcoin. And it looks like PPcoin has done similar.

Smiley

they can't buy all the reserves.. because not all bitcoins are available. it would likely cost them, but at the rate that they spend money, that's just chump change.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 11:39:10 AM

did he say something about chemtrails  Grin ?

honestly: these guys have to talk like that because they get their money from their viewers. everything is doomed, except gold and silver .... sure Roll Eyes

@ BADecker

they will try to regulate it. but good luck with that in the long run.

porcupine87

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

hm

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:19:11 PM

In a new Video Alex jones stated that he believes crypto currency is the way of the future, however Bitcoin specifically is a creation of the NWO global elites due to its shadowy origins and is just a bubble that will ultimately fail. He also advises against investing in it.

It's unfortunate in my opinion that he decided to take this stance on Bitcoins, as he's one of the most popular Libertarians out there with 10's of Millions worldwide followers which could've helped Bitcoin in terms of promotion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCgkCBvODl8

Alex Jones is libertarian? I thought he wants to sell books and uses conspiracy theories for that? He is right. The founder of Bitcoin is not known, but he has to be carefully not to lose his credibility among his stupid fans  Tongue

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: