Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:08:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alex jones calls Bitcoin a "Bubble" & "Globalist NWO" Creation  (Read 10540 times)
GigaCoin (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 10:37:51 AM

In a new Video Alex jones stated that he believes crypto currency is the way of the future, however Bitcoin specifically is a creation of the NWO global elites due to its shadowy origins and is just a bubble that will ultimately fail. He also advises against investing in it.

It's unfortunate in my opinion that he decided to take this stance on Bitcoins, as he's one of the most popular Libertarians out there with 10's of Millions worldwide followers which could've helped Bitcoin in terms of promotion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCgkCBvODl8

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 11:13:00 AM
Last edit: December 03, 2013, 06:54:52 AM by Elwar

Alex Jones is COIntelPro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMGRVqIz9ko

'nuff said

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 01:13:06 PM

Dam he is real late to the party must have stuff all coin Sad

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 01:29:20 PM

I've been wondering for a while whether or not we should come up with a formal response to the inevitable fire & brimstone evangelist argument that Bitcoin is the global currency of end times. Maybe it's not too late.

Of course, if we even argue against it, it could just fan the flames and lead more people taking the position that Bitcoin is some type of antichrist currency.
laowai80

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 01:46:17 PM

I've been wondering for a while whether or not we should come up with a formal response to the inevitable fire & brimstone evangelist argument that Bitcoin is the global currency of end times. Maybe it's not too late.

Of course, if we even argue against it, it could just fan the flames and lead more people taking the position that Bitcoin is some type of antichrist currency.

That's why we should diversify into Litecoins. Since they were invented by a Chinese guy, they can't be evil, the Chinese are mostly out of any religion.
BlackShadowX1

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 02:29:52 PM

Alex would much rather you invest in is snake oil instead, he bottles fear and sells it by the dozen.
jballs

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 02:42:19 PM

I went to a film screening a few years ago and met Alex, Mike Ruppert and Aaron Russo (his flick) all at the same time.

Talk about a mindfuck.

Note that all of Alex's products are priced in USD, which is certainly NOT a creation of the globalist NWO.

I like the guy, reminds me of some of my old drinking buddies. I also like that he isn't afraid to stare into the abyss. He's pretty fearless.

But he isn't terribly smart. He just isn't, and it's not his fault.

The people behind bitcoin, really fucking smart.

I will go with smart on this one.

Noam Chomsky's alright too.

Can't we all just get along?

H A R A                [  WHITEPAPER   │   LITEPAPER  ]                H A R A  
Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
TWITTER     GITHUB          REDDIT     FACEBOOK     BITCOINTALKLINKEDIN
exahash

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 02:53:48 PM

Refer them to Matthew 22:21 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Render_unto_Caesar and tell them Ceasar won't take USD.

AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 03:47:28 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2013, 06:16:25 PM by AnonyMint

In a new Video Alex jones stated that he believes crypto currency is the way of the future, however Bitcoin specifically is a creation of the NWO global elites due to its shadowy origins and is just a bubble that will ultimately fail. He also advises against investing in it.

It's unfortunate in my opinion that he decided to take this stance on Bitcoins, as he's one of the most popular Libertarians out there with 10's of Millions worldwide followers which could've helped Bitcoin in terms of promotion.

Alex is often over dramatic and sensationalizes everything, as well he is often too loose on the facts.

Nevertheless, he is very much correct in what he said in this video, in terms of the USA being dumbed down (ah I see my ACT and SAT qualified me for Mensa) with low IQ races, violent races, eugenics, and feminism then mind programmed (by TV, propaganda, constant video stimulation, and Stupid U state schools) into zombie society of feminine "males" and asexual females. Note the aforementioned links are James A. Donald's blog-- the first person who communicated on the cryptography discussion group with Bitcoin's creator Satoshi. A smarter guy, Eric S Raymond, the creator of "open source", who thinks women who shoot are sexy, blogged on the failure of feminism.

Alex Jones (as well as Henry Blodget, Gary North of Mises Institute, etc) is correct about Bitcoin being a ponzi-bubble and also the role it could play in destroying crypto-currencies. I have documented those two points extensively, just click my name and "Show Posts" and read the last 2 weeks of November 2013 archive of my posts. Then you will become much more knowledgeable than you.

Of course, most readers are in that zombie "get rich quick" state-of-mind, their brain is zapped with dopamine spikes, and their pre-frontal cortex has shut down as a result, thus they will totally ignore my post and not read the evidence and logic in my archived posts.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
jballs

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 04:09:39 PM
Last edit: December 03, 2013, 09:14:29 AM by jballs

Alex is often over dramatic and sensationalizes everything, as well he is often too loose on the facts.

Nevertheless, he is very much correct in what he said in this video...

Anonymint I will read your breakdown this week, I have seen bits and piece but I am still too ignorant to have an opinion. But not too ignorant to have a question. Anyone paying close attention to the current social dynamics knows we are in a mess like nothing we've ever seen, both as a species and as living people. Some of it is amazing, some horrifying, all bifurcating into two worlds that may or may not be able to coexist.

I have spent the last 5 years in deep contemplation about how to change the monetary system to make it suck less. Not for any personal gain but because I just couldn't play along after 08. I wonder how it all worked this long and how to get rid of it. So if bitcoin is doomed... what else is there? Who else is doing anything genuinely disruptive to monetary technology? This whole board, mostly absent of right/left agitprop circus and highly intelligent (relatively at the very least) idealists building out something that challenges the existing fubar control structure.

If bitcoin vaporized today, what's next? All rally behind Alex Jones and take back the hall of Eccles with a bullhorn?

What? What else is going on in this space?

AnonyMint

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 04:32:24 PM

I believe your questions will be mostly answered if you read the archive of my posts.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 04:37:35 PM

Alex Jones has the kind of job most paranoid schizophrenics can only dream about, ranting about ones delusions and being paid for it by a bunch of morons... priceless. Smiley
I envy him.
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 04:42:51 PM

Alex Jones is COIntelPro

'nuff said

yup. witnessed.

He bashed the Liberty Dollar and AOCS too. He also has close ties to other cointel/freemasons. Do your research on Alex.

I'm grumpy!!
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 04:44:48 PM

The less of the world's future purchasing power that ends up in the hands of the delusional, the better.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 04:53:25 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2013, 05:04:15 PM by Rassah

Anonymint I will read your breakdown this week, I have seen bits and piece but I am still too ignorant to have an opinion.

Don't pay him too much attention. Anonymint is a newbie who talks big, but knows little, which you'll likely notice in the last two weeks of "debates" he had with other bitcoin experts, and the deep brown Ignore status he earned within a matter of days. He thinks his idas are original (they have been debated years ago), always thinks he is smarter than you, is apparently very religious, and thanks to this thread, is apparently racist, too.

As for Alex, when one peddles in conspiracy theories and crazy stuff, this conclusion on Bitcoin is to be expected. Was never a fan of his brand of loony, and honestly, I'm glad he was never convinced to shill for Bitcoin, despite Atlas proposing such an idea two years ago, since I think Alex promoting Bitcoin would harm it more than help it.
AnonyMint

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 04:53:42 PM

The less of the world's future purchasing power that ends up in the hands of the delusional, the better.

Astute. The delusional should continue buying Bitcoin.

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 04:56:10 PM

Perhaps we can take the opposite route, and mock the hell out of those people by actually creating a fake Antichrist Illuminati Church of Bitcoin or something. After all, Satanism was created as a mockery of Catholicism.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 05:00:16 PM

Perhaps we can take the opposite route, and mock the hell out of those people by actually creating a fake Antichrist Illuminati Church of Bitcoin or something. After all, Satanism was created as a mockery of Catholicism.

Ironic that you were one of the people trolled by the Freemason SA connection. Grin
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 05:02:51 PM

He things his idas are original (they have been debated years ago), always thinks he is smarter than you, is apparently very religious, and thanks to this thread, is apparently racist, too.
That description fits the description of a certain blogger I know:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=162318.0

I refuted you over at the other linked thread. The solution is never stop coin rewards. That also improves the distribution problem, which fixes the fact that BitCON can never be a currency, as I explained in my rebuttal at the other thread.

"Bitcon" used deliberately (instead of a typo) is fairly rare on this forum.
Speaker

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Veronica <333

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 05:04:37 PM

No one should listen to Alex Jones. He's so full of shit. I honestly hate that fear monger. 
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 05:05:55 PM

Ironic that you were one of the people trolled by the Freemason SA connection. Grin

I was trolled by PinkiePie, not the Freemasons. I didn't even pay attention to the Freemason thing, as 1) I know who Freemasons are and what they do (and even considered joining them), and 2) I thought that particular trolling was pretty stupid. I didn't even know that SA was trolling with fremason stuff until after PinkiePie, actually. Get your trolling history straight, goon.
AnonyMint

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 05:10:28 PM

Alex Jones is COIntelPro

'nuff said

yup. witnessed.

He bashed the Liberty Dollar and AOCS too.

And he was correct. How much are your centralized Liberty Dollars' worth now? And AOCS is nonsense, because hard money is nonsense if you study the math of economics.

ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 05:14:01 PM

I was trolled by PinkiePie, not the Freemasons. I didn't even pay attention to the Freemason thing, as 1) I know who Freemasons are and what they do (and even considered joining them), and 2) I thought that particular trolling was pretty stupid. I didn't even know that SA was trolling with fremason stuff until after PinkiePie, actually. Get your trolling history straight, goon.

I'm more of independent than a Goon, I've only started posting on SA in relation and after following Bitcoin. But thanks for the correction, I've seen your name mentioned over there several times and assumed it was true.

Either way if you are serious about trolling AJ PM me.
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 06:01:33 PM

translation: alex jones does not currently own bitcoin. he may be late to the game, so he now supports alt currencies.
dominicwin

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 06:02:37 PM

Honestly anyone who doesn't think fiat paper currency will one day not exist and be replaced by digital currency is stupid.

CUBAN CIGARS for Sale - Full Boxes and Individual Cigars https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=299151.0
Austrian GOLD 1oz PHILHARMONICS -  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=330401.0
BUYING BTC HERE https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=334920.0
AnonyMint

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 06:11:38 PM

Honestly anyone who doesn't think fiat paper currency will one day not exist and be replaced by digital currency is stupid.

Anyone who thinks that Alex Jones or I said there won't be a digital currency that replaces our current system is not paying attention.

Ecurb123

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 06:17:32 PM

I didn't listen but really I don't care, bitcoin is growing fast enough anyway.
beetcoin

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 06:19:39 PM

and anyone who thinks bitcoin will replace fiat paper money is out of their minds.
neutralist

Activity: 85

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 06:26:45 PM

Alex Jones is simply an operative for the Zionist NWO and tried to pose himself as part of the anti-NWO movement but spreading poisonious disinformation,

Here is one proof:

http://www.hugequestions.com/Eric/TFC/FromOthers/Violet-Jones.html

Hold on to your BTC - it is the only true son of god. It is the ONLY MAJOR THREAT to the Zionist debt-based banking system that has enslaved and tortured so many lives. BTC will be the answer to poverty elimination and true wealth, and liberate the gentile slaves in the process.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 06:40:14 PM

I like how people who try to appear even more whacked out of their minds accuse him of working for "the enemy". It's really some pandemonium of paranoia, everybody in the conspiracy scene accuses everybody else to be part of THEM. At the worst conspiracy theorists engage in self censorship and taboos, all in all its a toxic mixture of delusion and hypocrisy.

And the very worst part it's very much like Bitcoin.
beetcoin

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 06:50:03 PM

people are really whacked out. i sold something on ebay and the buyer once left an infowars.com link on my feedback. i think some people are just so bored out of their minds that they need to think up wild conspiracy theories, and alex jones caters to that. some people just listen to him because it's funny/interesting to see whacked out people, so it's a win/win for him.

i have to admit, i found this part really entertaining and funny http://youtu.be/6vDrimfbEOE?t=1m26s
Speaker

Activity: 154

Veronica <333

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 06:52:16 PM

The best way to control the opposition is to lead it ourselves.
dominicwin

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 06:55:17 PM

and anyone who thinks bitcoin will replace fiat paper money is out of their minds.

No one knows. It will be a digital currency though. The fact that Bitcoin is allowed to exist at the prices its at is a sign that we are heading that direction.

CUBAN CIGARS for Sale - Full Boxes and Individual Cigars https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=299151.0
Austrian GOLD 1oz PHILHARMONICS -  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=330401.0
BUYING BTC HERE https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=334920.0
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 06:58:01 PM

people are really whacked out. i sold something on ebay and the buyer once left an infowars.com link on my feedback. i think some people are just so bored out of their minds that they need to think up wild conspiracy theories, and alex jones caters to that. some people just listen to him because it's funny/interesting to see whacked out people, so it's a win/win for him.

i have to admit, i found this part really entertaining and funny http://youtu.be/6vDrimfbEOE?t=1m26s

I can't really stand raw unedited AJ bullshit anymore. I very much enjoy this guys compilations though:
http://www.youtube.com/user/vilemonkey?feature=watch
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 07:31:56 PM

Can you explain how being a super-paranoid conspiracy nut is very much like following a pre-defined and agreed-upon mathematical protocol? Because  Tongue

Maybe you mean it's typical of the type of people to be attracted to Bitcoin? Because... maybe? But bitcoin is just inert software running on series of tubes.
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 07:35:25 PM

That's why we should diversify into Litecoins. Since they were invented by a Chinese guy, they can't be evil, the Chinese are mostly out of any religion.
Actually that would only fuel the fire.  One must know the mentality of the Christian.  If it originates in a "Godless" country, even more reason why the influences behind it are not "of God".

Now if Bitcoin was invented in the Bible Belt, down home USA, by a Fat white guy with sandy blonde hair and blue eyes, who goes to church and lives on a former slave plantation > converted master planned community, hates gay people and anyone who doesn't have to go in the sun to get tan, then Bitcoin would be safe for Christians.

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 07:35:42 PM

I always kind of enjoyed and like Alex Jones, though I do believe that he is more on the clown end of the spectrum.  He throws shit at everything he sees and a surprising (though still small) percentage of it sticks.  But this is mostly because the world is a little more complex than 'normals' are comfortable believing...as Ed Snowden has helped some people understand...and not necessarily a result of Jone's great insight and analysis.

The Sandy Hook thing was interesting.  I think that Jones himself got uncomfortable blaming _everything_ on some conspiracy and tried to tow the mainstream line on it initially, but there really are some oddities and it has as good a chance of being a hoax as most of what Jones promotes as a conspiracy.

Bitcoin being some sort of 'NWO construct' or whatever is one of the many hypothesis I've entertained and evaluated since I got interested in it.  My conclusion is that this hypothesis really does not stand up well.

Similarly, I don't believe it likely that Jones is some sort of 'contelpro' guy, though it remains possible insofar as he is running some sort of a honeypot used to understand the individuals that could be problematic going forward and map their social graphs.  That well may be occurring, and probably is,  but it does not necessarily mean that Jones has any active role as a conspirator.  More that he's just a useful natural artifact.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 07:39:07 PM

Can you explain how being a super-paranoid conspiracy nut is very much like following a pre-defined and agreed-upon mathematical protocol? Because  Tongue

Maybe you mean it's typical of the type of people to be attracted to Bitcoin? Because... maybe? But bitcoin is just inert software running on series of tubes.

Not Bitcoin itself dummy Smiley
bitcointalk and /r/bitcoin

Things like hating on paypal/credit card companies/banks are the same fight against windmills as blaiming NWO/Illuminati/Bilderbergers/Zionists.
Ripple/Altcoins are a taboo with hardline Bitcoin supporters as certain theories are amongst other camps, for instance WTC space lasers vs nano thermite
urubu

Activity: 87

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 01:03:10 AM

I thought that Max Kaiser was pumping BTC on Alex Jones's show, not too long ago...

If I remember correctly, the first time I heard of either of them, was when I came across AJ's interview of MaxK. on a youtube video linked from here somewhere. (There seem to be a few on youtube if you search.)
I think they both switched from BTC and are both invested in litecoin now.  (or they were, until litecoin hit their pump target.  Probably cashed out to something else now.)
jballs

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 01:19:35 AM

I thought that Max Kaiser was pumping BTC on Alex Jones's show, not too long ago...

If I remember correctly, the first time I heard of either of them, was when I came across AJ's interview of MaxK. on a youtube video linked from here somewhere. (There seem to be a few on youtube if you search.)
I think they both switched from BTC and are both invested in litecoin now.  (or they were, until litecoin hit their pump target.  Probably cashed out to something else now.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u88mc6L7ac

EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 01:49:39 AM

AJ clearly said that he's affraid of BTC investment as it may collapse but sees the need for crypto. He's just a cautious nonbeliever, if btc prevails he may change his view.

Patel
Legendary

Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 01:53:42 AM

Alex Jones was funnier when he was Bill Hicks. How's that for a conspiracy?
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 01:55:43 AM

He walked a fine line, OP title is as FUD-ish as Jones himself.

The key thing he said, and he emphasised it, was that if the "globalists" didn't create Bitcoin, they will use it as a scapegoat for economic problems. Which will likely be the case, in fairness. I think it will be hard to make that particular brand of mud stick though, too many people from all over the world will know better, and too many will be seeing too much benefit from having access to sound money (I'm thinking Argentina, India, Zimbabawe, Iran etc).

Vires in numeris
AmGfxMarty

Activity: 63

Hi, I'm Marty.

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 01:58:36 AM

That jacka** is no libertarian. He is full on teabagger.
Nutbags like him run amok spouting wholly unbelievable crap and people listen.
He's right about the dumbing down of the US. They are his core audience.
beetcoin

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 02:08:10 AM

i watched the link earlier and alex jones is one hilarious motherfucker. i even feel guilty for finding him funny/entertaining.

he was accusing max keiser of being satoshi, and he kept insisting on it.. with no evidence or logic. he did it while sounding angry as fuck, which is so hilarious. all he does is point fingers at everyone but himself, claiming they are the antichrist.
jballs

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 02:39:54 AM

A grave insult to Bill Hicks.

But funny.... and Bill don't care no more.

+1

Patel
Legendary

Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 03:05:25 AM

A grave insult to Bill Hicks.

But funny.... and Bill don't care no more.

+1

With all due respect to the legend, no insult intended Tongue
Impaler

Activity: 826

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 04:00:46 AM

I like how people who try to appear even more whacked out of their minds accuse him of working for "the enemy". It's really some pandemonium of paranoia, everybody in the conspiracy scene accuses everybody else to be part of THEM. At the worst conspiracy theorists engage in self censorship and taboos, all in all its a toxic mixture of delusion and hypocrisy.

Right on Brother!

Seriously who cares what an insane person like Alex Jones thinks, it's like arguing back in the 2004 election (Bush vs Kerry) which candidate Osama-Bin-Laden wanted to win so voters could vote for the OTHER guy (cause obviously the other guy would be better!).  You can not come to a correct conclusion by simply inverting the solution of a crazy person, that is not how logic works.  Crazy or stupids peoples opinions are not the opposite of correct they are just MEANINGLESS.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
AnonyMint

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 04:21:35 AM
Last edit: December 03, 2013, 07:45:43 AM by AnonyMint

Alex Jones doesn't need to be personally corrupted, nor do his occasionally correct logic points need to be false, in order for the amount of sheer volume of constant over stimulation of the dopamine receptors on the brain to cause the followers to stop using their pre-frontal cortex and basically become zombies and delusional. Ditto Bitcoiners.

http://unheresy.com/Information%20Is%20Alive.html#Existential_Fear

If you want to restore your rationality, turn off all the noise and focus. Focus for example reading those who continuously speak or write in logic. For example most of my November posts.

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 04:35:55 AM

Alex Jones doesn't need to be personally corrupted, nor do his occasionally correct logic points need to false, in order for the amount of sheer volume of constant over stimulation of the dopamine receptors on the brain to cause the followers to stop using their pre-frontal cortex and basically become zombies and delusional. Ditto Bitcoiners.

If you want to restore your rationality, turn off all the noise and focus. Focus for example reading those who continuously speak or write in logic. For example most of my November posts.

Yes, it is clear that your dopamine receptors are stimulated by ranting on this board and your November work (from what I've skimmed) is ample evidence of this.  I'm not saying that you are any different from most of the rest of us, but it would probably be healthy to take a break from it from time to time and/or explore other forms of expression.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
AnonyMint

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 07:46:30 AM

Alex Jones doesn't need to be personally corrupted, nor do his occasionally correct logic points need to false, in order for the amount of sheer volume of constant over stimulation of the dopamine receptors on the brain to cause the followers to stop using their pre-frontal cortex and basically become zombies and delusional. Ditto Bitcoiners.

Yes, it is clear that your dopamine receptors are stimulated by ranting on this board and your November work (from what I've skimmed) is ample evidence of this.  I'm not saying that you are any different from most of the rest of us, but it would probably be healthy to take a break from it from time to time and/or explore other forms of expression.

My bandwidth is much higher than you realize. You are only see a small fraction of my time involved.

Hexadecibel
Human Intranet Liason
VIP

Activity: 571
Merit: 504

I still <3 u Satoshi

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 07:51:45 AM

My bandwidth is much higher than you realize. You are only see a small fraction of my time involved.

Yes, you do seem to have quite a bit of time on your hands....
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 07:57:34 AM

So, you break away to beat off from time to time?

rat

Activity: 253

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 08:48:08 AM

i used to like alex.

but he has turned into a terrible liar.

the other day he said bitcoin just crashed - and he warned everyone...

meanwhile bitcoin was at $1200.

AnonyMint

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 10:53:00 AM

Yes, it is clear that your dopamine receptors are stimulated by ranting on this board and your November work (from what I've skimmed) is ample evidence of this.  I'm not saying that you are any different from most of the rest of us, but it would probably be healthy to take a break from it from time to time and/or explore other forms of expression.

Yeah.

i used to like alex.

He has to force all the puzzle pieces into his horrific scenario outcome to keep his readers/viewers emotionally glued to their stacks, guns, and basements.

Nevertheless I think he has a point about the decadence of the society before a collapse, yet I don't know if I can fathom the "feral zombies on the loose" World War Z anarchy he is painting.

I can fathom the socialism turning against the free market folks and the millionaires.

GigaCoin (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 01:06:27 PM
Last edit: December 03, 2013, 01:40:17 PM by GigaCoin

i used to like alex.

+1

I must admit i too used to respect and enjoy listening to Alex, he is actually pretty well informed about MANY things but at the same time he is so soooo wrong about MANY other things. He also had flat out LIED about couple of stuff, Bitcoin "crash" being one of them.

Every time i hear crap like this i lose interest, i find myself hardly ever checking his channel anymore. However he does have some excellent very intelligent guests on his show which is something i usually check out.

There is a lot of (some credible) info about him being an agent of this or that, but i dunno i think i'm just gonna be agnostic about it.

Martijnvdc

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 01:33:27 PM

Alex Jones is a LIAR...
I'm amazed bitcointalk is even defending that guy.
Bitcoin is an open source project; the whole point is that no government can control it...
AnonyMint

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 05:55:32 PM

Logic 101 remedial course is now in session...

Bitcoin is an open source project; the whole point is that no government can control it...

What does point #1 have to do with point #2? (Hint: nothing)

And what does either point have to do with what Alex Jones said in the video about Bitcoin being a ponzi bubble? (Hint: nothing)

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 06:46:21 PM

Open source impplies forked development. (Hint: it doesn't matter if government or a cartel create their own fork, people using bitcoin will continue to use the original bitcoin)

And what does either point have to do with what Alex Jones said in the video about Bitcoin being a ponzi bubble? (Hint: nothing)

We both know that you know what a ponzi is, and that the definition requires some secretive fraudulent promises of a return on investment. Bitcoin has no secrets, no controling profiting party, and no promises of any returns by anyone in charge (Hint: there isn't even anyone in charge)
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 07:19:28 PM

Right on Brother!

Seriously who cares what an insane person like Alex Jones thinks, it's like arguing back in the 2004 election (Bush vs Kerry) which candidate Osama-Bin-Laden wanted to win so voters could vote for the OTHER guy (cause obviously the other guy would be better!).  You can not come to a correct conclusion by simply inverting the solution of a crazy person, that is not how logic works.  Crazy or stupids peoples opinions are not the opposite of correct they are just MEANINGLESS.

Hmm you're right.
But still every time I see somebody on the forum call for the death of visa/paypal, put Bernake on an assassination market and I read things like "The dollar is crashing against bitcoin." it cranks me up. The only way for me to deal with that is making fun of em, that is what keeps me here and that's why I am still "supporting" Bitcoin in my own way.
TheRandomGuy

Activity: 162

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 07:29:38 PM

How the hell is bitcoin a global currency? You aren't forced to use it.  Cheesy

BTC: 1wbGAAabrsu8pjVXWUQvjUUhe18e721K2
FAUCET ROTATOR SCRIPT
neutralist

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 07:33:11 PM

AJ is from the NWO side. Tons of evidence. Look for it.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 07:35:45 PM

Nobody of you whackjobs is NWO, you are experiencing cognitive dissonance.

nuff said.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 08:11:29 PM

Nobody of you whackjobs is NWO, you are experiencing cognitive dissonance.

nuff said.

I'm sure we have plenty of Nerdy White Old guys on this forum  Tongue
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 08:58:22 PM

Yes, it is clear that your dopamine receptors are stimulated by ranting on this board and your November work (from what I've skimmed) is ample evidence of this.  I'm not saying that you are any different from most of the rest of us, but it would probably be healthy to take a break from it from time to time and/or explore other forms of expression.

Yeah.

Me to, but mostly when BTC is tanking.

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:01:57 PM

Alex Jones is also bat shit crazy. So, why is this a surprise?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
gangplank

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:07:54 PM

The guy is a marketer, that's all. He spews out so much shit, of course he is going to be right some of the time (broken clock right twice a day). He won't promote Bitcoin because he hasn't figured out how to sell it to his viewers while taking a slice of the profits and he doesn't want the dimwits that listen to him to buy bitcoins instead of berkey water filters, survival seeds or whatever other shit he is pushing this week.
neutralist

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:36:05 PM

The guy is a marketer, that's all.

Gold is a prime example.
AnonyMint

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 06:19:37 AM

To clarify for dolts who don't pass Logic 101, open source and the ability to fork does not guarantee the government can't control it.

And Alex Jones' thesis was not about the government controlling it or not. It was about the Bitards' emotional speculation and the Ponzi bubble. Whether the alleged Ponzi bubble is true or not, is irrelevant to the fact that Alex's thesis in the video linked in the OP was not about government control.

Tangentially, the proof it is a ponzi bubble is at the following quoted post:

Gonzalo Lira explains why anonymity is so important but Bitcoin doesn't have it.

Also, actually acquiring bitcoins is remarkably complex—and completely negates the supposed anonymity of bitcoin. Here’s a Reddit editor discussing how tough it was for him to get bitcoins, which is fairly typical of retail customers: A whole lot of hassles, and he still couldn’t buy any. And for all the talk of “bitcoin’s anonymity”, you need a whole truckload of verifiable documents making clear who you are in order to buy your first bitcoin. So the bitcoin-anonymity argument is a chimera.

The failure to meet that condition—“buy or sell exclusively and necessarily with bitcoin”—is what makes bitcoin essentially useless.

Data taken from http://blockchain.info/charts

In the past 60 days bitcoin market price has increased by 8000%. If the cause of increase was widespread adoption of bitcoin as a currency, people would be making transactions. The number of transactions would increase by a similar percentage taking it to around 300000 transactions per day. The current number of transactions is around 75000 per day.

My take from the data is that bitcoin is in a massive speculative bubble. People are hoarding and not using bitcoin as a currency.

beetcoin

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 06:22:28 AM

To clarify for dolts who don't pass Logic 101, open source and the ability to fork does not guarantee the government can't control it.

And Alex Jones' thesis was not about the government controlling it or not. It was about the Bitards' emotional speculation and the Ponzi bubble. Whether the alleged Ponzi bubble is true or not, is irrelevant to the fact that Alex's thesis was not government control.

you're the illuminati! tell me who you work for, and what your boss' name is.. you can't take our liberty!
AnonyMint

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 06:24:24 AM

And Alex Jones' thesis was not about the government controlling it or not. It was about the Bitards' emotional speculation and the Ponzi bubble. Whether the alleged Ponzi bubble is true or not, is irrelevant to the fact that Alex's thesis was not government control.

you're the illuminati! tell me who you work for, and what your boss' name is.. you can't take our liberty!

You are taking your own liberty by destroying yourselves in the Ponzi bubble.

darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 06:26:03 AM

Alex Jones is a gibbering idiot and it is no surprise he would say something this stupid.  I don't think that clown has seen an event that isn't some bogus conspiracy.  Whoever said it upthread was right.  He doesn't like Bitcoin because he hasn't found a way to swindle people with it or sell it to the mouth-breathers who hang on his every word.
jballs

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 06:32:00 AM

And Alex Jones' thesis was not about the government controlling it or not. It was about the Bitards' emotional speculation and the Ponzi bubble. Whether the alleged Ponzi bubble is true or not, is irrelevant to the fact that Alex's thesis in the video linked in the OP was not about government control.

Tangentially, the proof it is a ponzi bubble is at the following quoted post:

Gonzalo Lira explains why anonymity is so important but Bitcoin doesn't have it.

Also, actually acquiring bitcoins is remarkably complex—and completely negates the supposed anonymity of bitcoin. Here’s a Reddit editor discussing how tough it was for him to get bitcoins, which is fairly typical of retail customers: A whole lot of hassles, and he still couldn’t buy any. And for all the talk of “bitcoin’s anonymity”, you need a whole truckload of verifiable documents making clear who you are in order to buy your first bitcoin. So the bitcoin-anonymity argument is a chimera.

The failure to meet that condition—“buy or sell exclusively and necessarily with bitcoin”—is what makes bitcoin essentially useless.

Data taken from http://blockchain.info/charts

In the past 60 days bitcoin market price has increased by 8000%. If the cause of increase was widespread adoption of bitcoin as a currency, people would be making transactions. The number of transactions would increase by a similar percentage taking it to around 300000 transactions per day. The current number of transactions is around 75000 per day.

My take from the data is that bitcoin is in a massive speculative bubble. People are hoarding and not using bitcoin as a currency.

Let's play spot the bubble...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=355406.0

Which one is not a bubble?

I know but no hints...

darkmule
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 06:52:17 AM

About the only good thing about reckless misuse of the word "Ponzi" is that it advertises the speaker as an idiot whose opinion can safely be ignored.

A Ponzi is a scheme that pays new "investors" out of funds from older investors, generally with some implausible cover story portraying it as a legitimate investment.  That's all it is.  It isn't just a word that means any financial anything that the speaker finds shady for some reason.  Used that way, what it means is "I am an idiot."
AnonyMint

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 07:23:36 AM

About the only good thing about reckless misuse of the word "Ponzi" is that it advertises the speaker as an idiot whose opinion can safely be ignored.

A Ponzi is a scheme that pays new "investors" out of funds from older investors, generally with some implausible cover story portraying it as a legitimate investment.  That's all it is.  It isn't just a word that means any financial anything that the speaker finds shady for some reason.  Used that way, what it means is "I am an idiot."

We already refuted that semantic shell game obfuscation delusion. See the thread that I quoted from. Numerous prominent Libetarians and Austrian economists have weighed in on this in agreement with me, such as Peter Schiff and Gary North who is a key advisor and long-time close confidant of Ron Paul, Lew Rockwell and the Mises Institute.

Let's play spot the bubble...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=355406.0

Which one is not a bubble?

I know but no hints...

I hope you realize they are both Ponzi bubbles, but the fiat one will be the last one to crash, because both require a collapse of confidence and a supply of greater fools. The QE is ending up as dollar bond issues in the developing world, and they have a lot more undeveloped areas to soak up more debt than Bitcoin will have greater fools willing to pay $10000, $100000, or $1 million per 1 BTC (depending on which price the crash occurs).

beetcoin

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:02:04 AM

Alex Jones is a gibbering idiot and it is no surprise he would say something this stupid.  I don't think that clown has seen an event that isn't some bogus conspiracy.  Whoever said it upthread was right.  He doesn't like Bitcoin because he hasn't found a way to swindle people with it or sell it to the mouth-breathers who hang on his every word.

he's just trolling you. he makes millions by playing this character, just like rush limbaugh and practically every other tv personality. if they didn't say incendiary shit, eyes would not be on them.. i really do think they plan these outbursts just to get people talking about them (whether lovers or haters).
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:00:46 AM

The reason the government hasn't clamped down on Bitcoin is, they are waiting to see if it will go anywhere for real. If Bitcoin doesn't expand worldwide rapidly enough, somewhere along the line they will try to shut it down. If it expands worldwide rapidly, government will try to exploit it.

The Federal Reserve Bank creates money out of thin air. What if they expanded the Bitcoin bubble by offering double for it, say, $2400 a bitcoin. They could take a lot of ownership that way. People would sell - not everyone of course.

And who can afford ASIC mining computers more than the FED? They could win this thing simply by taking over. Are they smart enough?

The only way Bitcoin will succeed is if it spreads around the world rapidly enough that people can start bypassing the banks in droves. It will still die if the banks decide to go offline, because then there will be no reason (or maybe ability) for governments to keep the Interned alive.

Of course, there are a bunch of viable Bitcoin spin-offs that just might help Bitcoin remain. For example, in this present Bitcoin bubble (if that is what it really is) Litecoin has jumped further, faster, percentage-wise, than Bitcoin. And it looks like PPcoin has done similar.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
beetcoin

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:19:46 AM

The reason the government hasn't clamped down on Bitcoin is, they are waiting to see if it will go anywhere for real. If Bitcoin doesn't expand worldwide rapidly enough, somewhere along the line they will try to shut it down. If it expands worldwide rapidly, government will try to exploit it.

The Federal Reserve Bank creates money out of thin air. What if they expanded the Bitcoin bubble by offering double for it, say, $2400 a bitcoin. They could take a lot of ownership that way. People would sell - not everyone of course.

And who can afford ASIC mining computers more than the FED? They could win this thing simply by taking over. Are they smart enough?

The only way Bitcoin will succeed is if it spreads around the world rapidly enough that people can start bypassing the banks in droves. It will still die if the banks decide to go offline, because then there will be no reason (or maybe ability) for governments to keep the Interned alive.

Of course, there are a bunch of viable Bitcoin spin-offs that just might help Bitcoin remain. For example, in this present Bitcoin bubble (if that is what it really is) Litecoin has jumped further, faster, percentage-wise, than Bitcoin. And it looks like PPcoin has done similar.

Smiley

they can't buy all the reserves.. because not all bitcoins are available. it would likely cost them, but at the rate that they spend money, that's just chump change.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 11:39:10 AM

did he say something about chemtrails  Grin ?

honestly: these guys have to talk like that because they get their money from their viewers. everything is doomed, except gold and silver .... sure Roll Eyes

@ BADecker

they will try to regulate it. but good luck with that in the long run.

porcupine87

Activity: 546

hm

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:19:11 PM

Alex Jones is libertarian? I thought he wants to sell books and uses conspiracy theories for that? He is right. The founder of Bitcoin is not known, but he has to be carefully not to lose his credibility among his stupid fans  Tongue

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:23:07 PM

Max Keiser brought something interesting to my attention in his most recent interview with Alex Jones (by accident I think, Alex Jones didn't respond to it directly, and him and Max are seemingly buddies).

Jones uses the Darth Vader theme from the Star Wars movies as lead-in music. That music is from one of the most copyright enforced entertainment franchises of all time, you get in huge legal trouble for infringing Star Wars copyright. Which tells you that Jones has permission to use the music, and so the idea that he is some major thorn in the side of the political establishment doesn't seem quite so credible. Not that he does if you've ever seen him cry or rant, he's also a poor actor.

Vires in numeris
polarhei

Activity: 462

Firing it up

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:29:02 PM

Well, love and hate must co-exist in order to stop brainwashing.

I know there are people disliking us because of grabbing their money away but they don't know the true facts. Only few people know these facts.

There are few stories which are true.

1. US reserves (such as US bonds or relatives) may be disqualified by some governments very soon, which shall be happened 5 years later.
2. If gasoline can be made from air economically, then The dollar (or euro in the E.U) we know, will be drained soon pound will be back to the main due to the gasoline.
3. People who cannot adapt with this monitored-by-everyone project, will be forgotten.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 05:48:18 PM

It will still die if the banks decide to go offline, because then there will be no reason (or maybe ability) for governments to keep the Interned alive.

Uh... what Huh Government doesn't run the internet. And I would guess most of the money to support the internet infrastructure comes from Silicon Valey businesses, not banks.

By the way, people who call bitcoin a Ponzi Bubble are morans. Obviously it's a Penny Auction Bubble. Or at least a Nigerian Prince Scam Bubble  Roll Eyes

which makes as much sense as calling it a ponzi bubble, if you missed the sarcasm
Hideyoshi

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 04:22:37 AM

We already refuted that semantic shell game obfuscation delusion. See the thread that I quoted from. Numerous prominent Libetarians and Austrian economists have weighed in on this in agreement with me, such as Peter Schiff and Gary North who is a key advisor and long-time close confidant of Ron Paul, Lew Rockwell and the Mises Institute.

Ron Paul disagree with Gary North and you.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/12/04/technology/bitcoin-libertarian/
AnonyMint

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 01:20:53 PM

That was from April.

"There will be alternatives to the dollar, and this might be one of them,"

He wasn't sure. I am confident he has been so advised by his long-time confident Gary North hence. Gary's article on Bitcoin being a Ponzi was just published a few days ago.

Get Ron Paul on record with a long detailed article, not just a sound bite quip.

Hideyoshi

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 12:22:14 AM

That was from April.

He wasn't sure. I am confident he has been so advised by his long-time confident Gary North hence. Gary's article on Bitcoin being a Ponzi was just published a few days ago.

Why April? Article says

"There will be alternatives to the dollar, and this might be one of them," said former U.S. congressman Ron Paul. If people start using bitcoins en masse, "it'll go down in history as the destroyer of the dollar," Paul added."

and article date is December. Nothing about April. Nothing about him thinking it is ponzi, either. So is Ron Paul disagree with Gary North, because article is more recent than Gary's that was published more days ago?

I do not know Ron Paul, and he does not live near me, so I can not ask.
mateo

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 02:50:57 AM

Alex Jones is a nutjob, nobody takes him seriously. The least what Bitcoin needs right now, is people like him representing it.

BTC to the moon!
VforVictory

Activity: 280

V for Victory or Rather JustV8

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 03:18:03 AM

Alex Jones is a nutjob, nobody takes him seriously. The least what Bitcoin needs right now, is people like him representing it.

And it needs nutjobs like the people on this forum to represent it?
mateo

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:17:56 AM

And it needs nutjobs like the people on this forum to represent it?

Now it needs respectable academics, not radio show hosts and conspiracy theorists.

BTC to the moon!
bitcoinminer

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:15:39 AM

Alex Jones "Drinks Paint thinner" & "Is a stupid asshole".

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.

-Warren Buffett
AnonyMint

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 06:24:18 AM

That was from April.

Get Ron Paul on record with a long detailed article, not just a sound bite quip.

Ron Paul said yesterday exactly what I expected him to say:

Ron Paul says he was misquoted in the past on Bitcoin and he downplays the hype around Bitcoin:

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/2916084919001?cmpid=cmty_twitter_fb

spect0r

Activity: 20

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:45:49 AM

Alex should really be educated about what Open Source means and that because of that fact it is completely irrelevant who created Bitcoin - the creator has now no impact or relevance to the functioning of the system.
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 11:55:25 AM

All money is a bubble and globalization/control conspiracies are more likely to be more accurate than less. What Jones and many others fail to realize is that the invalid monetary game itself is the source of the vast majority of "evil" they see in the world, and instead mis-attribute it to whoever happens to be running the world that day. End money and you can end this terror and fear.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
Rez

Activity: 132

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 01:06:17 PM

Alex Jones accepts major credit cards. You know, the ones issued by banks.

Don't want to use credit cards? He accepts checks, too.

You know, those ones accepted by banks.

http://www.infowars.com/donate/

Alex Jones is a joke. You know, the kind created by governments to make those who are suspicious of governments look absolute idiots to the general public by association.

BITCOIN.SL Domain for Sale - ฿5.00 - Bitcoin Only - Escrow OK
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 03:06:04 PM

Ron Paul said yesterday exactly what I expected him to say:

Ron Paul says he was misquoted in the past on Bitcoin and he downplays the hype around Bitcoin:

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/2916084919001?cmpid=cmty_twitter_fb

The way he put it, Ron Paul said he has doubts about digital currency in general, so AnonyMint Coins are in the same category for him.
Rez

Activity: 132

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 01:44:05 AM

You can't defeat stupid.

BITCOIN.SL Domain for Sale - ฿5.00 - Bitcoin Only - Escrow OK
greenlion

Activity: 667

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:19:52 AM

Long-standing anti-establishment pundit types are fairly universally pissed off with Bitcoin.

All these kind of people have ever done is talk, then here comes along an invention that actually represents the single greatest concrete advancement in antiestablishmentarianism / anarchy, and none of these windbags had anything to do with it.
Gimpeline

Activity: 555
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 06:46:05 PM

One thing that I find strange. Alex says he is against bitcoin and think it is a cia scam or whatever.
Why do he have bitcoin commercials on his show when he says he only have commercials for things he is 100% behind?

Edit: he runs commercials for https://cloudhashing.com/
Probably

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 08:13:34 PM

alex jones speaking against bitcoin is a huge vouch for it.

the bit about "cointelpro" that people don't seem to grasp is that the logic folds on itself. the messages are so confused and jumbled that you basically shed/ignore any propaganda and rely more on facts. The idea is to steer you towards agenda loaded/biased facts, I suppose, but really it just makes you doubt everything as a skeptic and immediately see people's biases and agendas.

aka, alex jones as a rabble rouser against something quickly turns into "well maybe he's pushing an agenda 'they' want him to push of confusion and uncertainty."

Conversely, it's pretty hard to argue with the bitcoin whitepaper and bitcoin itself captured a vast amount of mindshare with basically zero media assistance.
darkmule
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:33:18 PM

Alex should really be educated about what Open Source means and that because of that fact it is completely irrelevant who created Bitcoin - the creator has now no impact or relevance to the functioning of the system.

How would this make Alex Jones profit?  That's all he cares about.  Education will not help him, except possibly to let him know that he is correct in opposing Bitcoin from his own self-interest.  It endangers the profits from the creepy scam artists who buy all the ads on his disinformation show.
Probably

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 11:12:14 PM

How would this make Alex Jones profit?  That's all he cares about.  Education will not help him, except possibly to let him know that he is correct in opposing Bitcoin from his own self-interest.  It endangers the profits from the creepy scam artists who buy all the ads on his disinformation show.

supporting bitcoin increases the price sooner as more points of usage increase interest and demand. he could have spun it that it is ANTI-Gov, but I think he's not one to retract his message or change his mind.

encouraging bitcoin adoption speeds up the discovery process for better or worse. what if pushing it to the forefront of banks/creditcards/govs to respond to it somehow actually lowers the valuation? that serves him greatly.

So at this point his game is to trash the fuck out of it, hope it lowers in price while secretly investing in it. it just sounds like someone who isn't an early investor trying to lower valuation.

lets look at his track record: how many "conspiracies" has he revealed to any effect whatsoever on the world, bringing anyone to justice, improving anything?

Permanently yelling through a megaphone is his position, he is as bad as the governments he claims to be 'disrupting' in that he needs the rabble to exist so he can rouse them.
BlackShadowX1

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:21:23 AM

Alex 'shill' Jones attacking bitcoin

Is Bitcoin a Trojan Horse of Chase?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVPMETLl5AI&feature=c4-overview
greenlion

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 08:38:12 AM

I'd like to propose the following as "Schiff's Law", and suggest that it applies to Alex Jones and all such publicly-known commentators.

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 08:09:44 PM

Alex 'shill' Jones attacking bitcoin

Is Bitcoin a Trojan Horse of Chase?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVPMETLl5AI&feature=c4-overview

Hah! Alex trusts his gut, and is thus putting his trust into something that's full of shit (literally)
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 06:37:56 PM

I'd like to propose the following as "Schiff's Law", and suggest that it applies to Alex Jones and all such publicly-known commentators.

I am living proof that this isn't actually true. Not smug about it, there are plenty of other people who are too.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 08:41:45 PM
Last edit: December 13, 2013, 09:27:30 PM by Rassah

https://i.imgur.com/eku7Dnq.jpg

I am living proof that this isn't actually true. Not smug about it, there are plenty of other people who are too.

And many of us oldtimers would claim that it is still true, even in your case.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 09:05:55 PM

https://i.imgur.com/eku7Dnq.jpg

And many of us oldtimers would claim that is it still true, even in your case.

You hardliners will claim the moon is made of cheese if it suits you.
greenlion

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:08:40 PM

In the sense that you know nothing but still like it?
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 09:11:30 PM

who are you?
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 06:03:11 AM

Nevertheless, he is very much correct in what he said in this video...

Anonymint I will read your breakdown this week, I have seen bits and piece but I am still too ignorant to have an opinion. But not too ignorant to have a question. Anyone paying close attention to the current social dynamics knows we are in a mess like nothing we've ever seen, both as a species and as living people. Some of it is amazing, some horrifying, all bifurcating into two worlds that may or may not be able to coexist.

I have spent the last 5 years in deep contemplation about how to change the monetary system to make it suck less. Not for any personal gain but because I just couldn't play along after 08. I wonder how it all worked this long and how to get rid of it. So if bitcoin is doomed... what else is there? Who else is doing anything genuinely disruptive to monetary technology? This whole board, mostly absent of right/left agitprop circus and highly intelligent (relatively at the very least) idealists building out something that challenges the existing fubar control structure.

If bitcoin vaporized today, what's next? All rally behind Alex Jones and take back the hall of Eccles with a bullhorn?

What? What else is going on in this space?
The next step would be to remove the monetary system and work together as a one living being.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
RAVENCROW

Activity: 169

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 07:16:19 AM

he should of listend to Max Keiser months   Roll Eyes

฿Allaboutbit ฿฿Cludcoin ฿[/color]
pand70

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 07:22:49 AM

And with all the mystery around its creator? Good luck with that.  Roll Eyes

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: