Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 10:42:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alex jones calls Bitcoin a "Bubble" & "Globalist NWO" Creation  (Read 10540 times)
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:23:07 PM

Max Keiser brought something interesting to my attention in his most recent interview with Alex Jones (by accident I think, Alex Jones didn't respond to it directly, and him and Max are seemingly buddies).

Jones uses the Darth Vader theme from the Star Wars movies as lead-in music. That music is from one of the most copyright enforced entertainment franchises of all time, you get in huge legal trouble for infringing Star Wars copyright. Which tells you that Jones has permission to use the music, and so the idea that he is some major thorn in the side of the political establishment doesn't seem quite so credible. Not that he does if you've ever seen him cry or rant, he's also a poor actor.

Vires in numeris
polarhei

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Firing it up

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:29:02 PM

Well, love and hate must co-exist in order to stop brainwashing.

I know there are people disliking us because of grabbing their money away but they don't know the true facts. Only few people know these facts.

There are few stories which are true.

1. US reserves (such as US bonds or relatives) may be disqualified by some governments very soon, which shall be happened 5 years later.
2. If gasoline can be made from air economically, then The dollar (or euro in the E.U) we know, will be drained soon pound will be back to the main due to the gasoline.
3. People who cannot adapt with this monitored-by-everyone project, will be forgotten.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 05:48:18 PM

It will still die if the banks decide to go offline, because then there will be no reason (or maybe ability) for governments to keep the Interned alive.

Uh... what Huh Government doesn't run the internet. And I would guess most of the money to support the internet infrastructure comes from Silicon Valey businesses, not banks.

By the way, people who call bitcoin a Ponzi Bubble are morans. Obviously it's a Penny Auction Bubble. Or at least a Nigerian Prince Scam Bubble  Roll Eyes

which makes as much sense as calling it a ponzi bubble, if you missed the sarcasm
Hideyoshi

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 04:22:37 AM

We already refuted that semantic shell game obfuscation delusion. See the thread that I quoted from. Numerous prominent Libetarians and Austrian economists have weighed in on this in agreement with me, such as Peter Schiff and Gary North who is a key advisor and long-time close confidant of Ron Paul, Lew Rockwell and the Mises Institute.

Ron Paul disagree with Gary North and you.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/12/04/technology/bitcoin-libertarian/
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 01:20:53 PM

We already refuted that semantic shell game obfuscation delusion. See the thread that I quoted from. Numerous prominent Libetarians and Austrian economists have weighed in on this in agreement with me, such as Peter Schiff and Gary North who is a key advisor and long-time close confidant of Ron Paul, Lew Rockwell and the Mises Institute.

That was from April.

"There will be alternatives to the dollar, and this might be one of them,"

He wasn't sure. I am confident he has been so advised by his long-time confident Gary North hence. Gary's article on Bitcoin being a Ponzi was just published a few days ago.

Get Ron Paul on record with a long detailed article, not just a sound bite quip.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
Hideyoshi

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 12:22:14 AM

That was from April.

He wasn't sure. I am confident he has been so advised by his long-time confident Gary North hence. Gary's article on Bitcoin being a Ponzi was just published a few days ago.

Why April? Article says

"There will be alternatives to the dollar, and this might be one of them," said former U.S. congressman Ron Paul. If people start using bitcoins en masse, "it'll go down in history as the destroyer of the dollar," Paul added."

and article date is December. Nothing about April. Nothing about him thinking it is ponzi, either. So is Ron Paul disagree with Gary North, because article is more recent than Gary's that was published more days ago?

I do not know Ron Paul, and he does not live near me, so I can not ask.
mateo

Activity: 87

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 02:50:57 AM

In a new Video Alex jones stated that he believes crypto currency is the way of the future, however Bitcoin specifically is a creation of the NWO global elites due to its shadowy origins and is just a bubble that will ultimately fail. He also advises against investing in it.

It's unfortunate in my opinion that he decided to take this stance on Bitcoins, as he's one of the most popular Libertarians out there with 10's of Millions worldwide followers which could've helped Bitcoin in terms of promotion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCgkCBvODl8

Alex Jones is a nutjob, nobody takes him seriously. The least what Bitcoin needs right now, is people like him representing it.

BTC to the moon!
VforVictory

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

V for Victory or Rather JustV8

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 03:18:03 AM

In a new Video Alex jones stated that he believes crypto currency is the way of the future, however Bitcoin specifically is a creation of the NWO global elites due to its shadowy origins and is just a bubble that will ultimately fail. He also advises against investing in it.

It's unfortunate in my opinion that he decided to take this stance on Bitcoins, as he's one of the most popular Libertarians out there with 10's of Millions worldwide followers which could've helped Bitcoin in terms of promotion.

Alex Jones is a nutjob, nobody takes him seriously. The least what Bitcoin needs right now, is people like him representing it.

And it needs nutjobs like the people on this forum to represent it?
mateo

Activity: 87

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:17:56 AM

And it needs nutjobs like the people on this forum to represent it?

Now it needs respectable academics, not radio show hosts and conspiracy theorists.

BTC to the moon!
bitcoinminer

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 05:15:39 AM

Alex Jones "Drinks Paint thinner" & "Is a stupid asshole".

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.

-Warren Buffett
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 06:24:18 AM

That was from April.

Get Ron Paul on record with a long detailed article, not just a sound bite quip.

Ron Paul said yesterday exactly what I expected him to say:

Ron Paul says he was misquoted in the past on Bitcoin and he downplays the hype around Bitcoin:

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/2916084919001?cmpid=cmty_twitter_fb

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
spect0r

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:45:49 AM

Alex should really be educated about what Open Source means and that because of that fact it is completely irrelevant who created Bitcoin - the creator has now no impact or relevance to the functioning of the system.
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 11:55:25 AM

All money is a bubble and globalization/control conspiracies are more likely to be more accurate than less. What Jones and many others fail to realize is that the invalid monetary game itself is the source of the vast majority of "evil" they see in the world, and instead mis-attribute it to whoever happens to be running the world that day. End money and you can end this terror and fear.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
Rez

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 01:06:17 PM

Alex Jones accepts major credit cards. You know, the ones issued by banks.

Don't want to use credit cards? He accepts checks, too.

You know, those ones accepted by banks.

http://www.infowars.com/donate/

Alex Jones is a joke. You know, the kind created by governments to make those who are suspicious of governments look absolute idiots to the general public by association.

BITCOIN.SL Domain for Sale - ฿5.00 - Bitcoin Only - Escrow OK
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 03:06:04 PM

Ron Paul said yesterday exactly what I expected him to say:

Ron Paul says he was misquoted in the past on Bitcoin and he downplays the hype around Bitcoin:

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/2916084919001?cmpid=cmty_twitter_fb

The way he put it, Ron Paul said he has doubts about digital currency in general, so AnonyMint Coins are in the same category for him.
Rez

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 01:44:05 AM

I've been wondering for a while whether or not we should come up with a formal response to the inevitable fire & brimstone evangelist argument that Bitcoin is the global currency of end times. Maybe it's not too late.

Of course, if we even argue against it, it could just fan the flames and lead more people taking the position that Bitcoin is some type of antichrist currency.

You can't defeat stupid.

BITCOIN.SL Domain for Sale - ฿5.00 - Bitcoin Only - Escrow OK
greenlion

Activity: 667
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:19:52 AM

Long-standing anti-establishment pundit types are fairly universally pissed off with Bitcoin.

All these kind of people have ever done is talk, then here comes along an invention that actually represents the single greatest concrete advancement in antiestablishmentarianism / anarchy, and none of these windbags had anything to do with it.
Gimpeline

Activity: 555
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 06:46:05 PM

One thing that I find strange. Alex says he is against bitcoin and think it is a cia scam or whatever.
Why do he have bitcoin commercials on his show when he says he only have commercials for things he is 100% behind?

Edit: he runs commercials for https://cloudhashing.com/
Probably

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 08:13:34 PM

alex jones speaking against bitcoin is a huge vouch for it.

the bit about "cointelpro" that people don't seem to grasp is that the logic folds on itself. the messages are so confused and jumbled that you basically shed/ignore any propaganda and rely more on facts. The idea is to steer you towards agenda loaded/biased facts, I suppose, but really it just makes you doubt everything as a skeptic and immediately see people's biases and agendas.

aka, alex jones as a rabble rouser against something quickly turns into "well maybe he's pushing an agenda 'they' want him to push of confusion and uncertainty."

Conversely, it's pretty hard to argue with the bitcoin whitepaper and bitcoin itself captured a vast amount of mindshare with basically zero media assistance.
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:33:18 PM

Alex should really be educated about what Open Source means and that because of that fact it is completely irrelevant who created Bitcoin - the creator has now no impact or relevance to the functioning of the system.

How would this make Alex Jones profit?  That's all he cares about.  Education will not help him, except possibly to let him know that he is correct in opposing Bitcoin from his own self-interest.  It endangers the profits from the creepy scam artists who buy all the ads on his disinformation show.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: