Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:15:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gridseed GC3355 -Hybrid Scrypt/SHA256 ASIC  (Read 107939 times)
regmann

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 07:40:01 PM

Guy could someone work out an average ROI on one of these sets. $2700 for 3000 hash power. It seems to work out 120-240 days before roi is reached. Or am I missing something? with more and more of these units being sold( a huge amount) isn't this also going to up the difficulty in the coming months? does this mean that coin wars calculator for coin profit isn't accurate because it doesn't take into account difficulty increases in coins?

If hypothetically you were to mine 3000/ms on middle coin for 4 months, would you even see roo in 4 months? Also these units are new so if they fail after 2-3 months(which no one knows it true or not, isn't this a null void waste. I understand there is risk, but it seems a bit troubling to say the least when you do the math from say March onwards..?

insta mine new coins
price of coins u mine gowing up
total power cost
vs gpu cards <

all in all if u play it smart could roi in about 1 week ( or 2 months )
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
podizzle

Activity: 535
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 09:18:09 PM

Guy could someone work out an average ROI on one of these sets. $2700 for 3000 hash power. It seems to work out 120-240 days before roi is reached. Or am I missing something? with more and more of these units being sold( a huge amount) isn't this also going to up the difficulty in the coming months? does this mean that coin wars calculator for coin profit isn't accurate because it doesn't take into account difficulty increases in coins?

If hypothetically you were to mine 3000/ms on middle coin for 4 months, would you even see roo in 4 months? Also these units are new so if they fail after 2-3 months(which no one knows it true or not, isn't this a null void waste. I understand there is risk, but it seems a bit troubling to say the least when you do the math from say March onwards..?

you mean its not an instant money machine? well forget it im out then.
Jamesco

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:14:18 AM

I dont mind waiting, I was talking about the miner lasting longer than 3-4 months
nairb131

Activity: 365

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:03:35 PM

I dont mind waiting, I was talking about the miner lasting longer than 3-4 months

I make about .025 on middlecoin each day with 3mh. So you are looking at about 6 months to ROI.
bclcjunkie

Activity: 833
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 01:51:19 AM

imho too risky to wait 6 months when these puppies could break down anytime... i'd bite the bullet if warranty was more solid and not just 1 month...  i still make money with my gpus after subtracting power costs not to mention i can always sell them off, have them RMAeds since most of them are backed by 2-3yrs warranty... also one thing to note scrypt's initial goal was to prevent centralized mining by asics and it's possible as soon as scrypt asics flood the market it won't become any different than sha256 and new coins are going to drop scrypt in favor of more sophisticated algos that would motivate more distributed and decentralized mining...

I make about .025 on middlecoin each day with 3mh. So you are looking at about 6 months to ROI.
Clayce

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 09:28:48 AM

imho too risky to wait 6 months when these puppies could break down anytime... i'd bite the bullet if warranty was more solid and not just 1 month...  i still make money with my gpus after subtracting power costs not to mention i can always sell them off, have them RMAeds since most of them are backed by 2-3yrs warranty... also one thing to note scrypt's initial goal was to prevent centralized mining by asics and it's possible as soon as scrypt asics flood the market it won't become any different than sha256 and new coins are going to drop scrypt in favor of more sophisticated algos that would motivate more distributed and decentralized mining...

So you think when these more sophisticated algos pop up... GPUs will be able to switch over more easily before asics catch up? I still think GPUs are the best option for scrypt (price/kh, re sale value, etc), but even better if they can hop over to a new algo in the near future.
Zoomhash

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:41:19 PM

If anyone is interested to get ROI on these.

I have them for sale at www.zoomhash.com

Check out my feedback on ebay and amazon Smiley.
gristlelump

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 10:18:44 PM

If anyone is interested to get ROI on these.

I have them for sale at www.zoomhash.com

Check out my feedback on ebay and amazon :).

Where you located at in L.A. ?  I might drive up to have a looksy ;)

Zoomhash

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 02:03:19 AM

City of Industry.
gristlelump

Activity: 110

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:56:50 PM

City of Industry.

Address and business hours?  Will call available?

Zoomhash

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:07:47 AM

City of Industry.

Address and business hours?  Will call available?

We currently have two warehouses now and do not have set office hours. Will have in the next few days. Bare with us! THanks!
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:05:28 AM

who can send me to europe ? please PM.

yolo
MicroCC

Activity: 97

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:58:37 AM

I  got my scrypt asic miner gridseed from http://hash-master.com/ they have good prices  go check them out.

you price is not competitive at all
vabchgent

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 04:11:27 AM

So far on these the best price I have seen on the gridseed is Zoomhash.com at least in the us. I have ordered one to see how they work  and test them out. Theres a site in China and I believe it is the distributer selling them for 150 USD but you have to order a large amount 50+ I think was the number.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 05:32:36 AM

where can i order those in EU ?

yolo
Powell

Activity: 486
Merit: 262

rm -rf stupidity

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 06:12:39 AM

Anyone setup a LA3M system using the Version B Control Board (the red one)?  I think mine was dead on arrival but in case for some reason I just don't understand plugging things in I wanted to see if I wasn't the only one with a dead unit.  Plug in on the separate 5V connector, Ethernet, MicroSD in, etc. no lights or any signs of coming online.  I don't know what they would use for the JTAG connector so I cannot bring it up with my Xilinx USB Adapter to see if it can boot that way.
lmazzola

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:18:14 PM

I have Gridseed miners in my possession let me know if anyone is interested. My partner lives in China by the factory. I have been importing and exporting for 14 years now.  I am located in the Ann Arbor Michigan area we have daily flights to and from China for all products.
yahma

Activity: 43

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 05:41:43 PM

According to this review, the 5-chip Gridseed Miner pulls almost 60W mining Litecoin and only does around 350KH/s...

Is there something I am missing?  Why are people spending $300 on this ASIC, when a ($110-150) Radeon 7850 has equivalent specs and about the same hashrate (ie 350-380 KH/s)??
mazedk

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 05:50:06 PM

According to this review, the 5-chip Gridseed Miner pulls almost 60W mining Litecoin and only does around 350KH/s...

Is there something I am missing?  Why are people spending $300 on this ASIC, when a ($110-150) Radeon 7850 has equivalent specs and about the same hashrate (ie 350-380 KH/s)??

Try reading their updated post about a fixed cpuminer.
miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 06:04:43 PM

Try reading their updated post about a fixed cpuminer.

Try reading the official guide: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=494625.0 Smiley

325 kh/s at 10W is way better to host for heat and power than 250Kh/s @ 10-20x the power and heat.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: