Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:37:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive Bitmain AntMiner S1 Setup [HD]  (Read 112136 times)
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 05:23:02 PM

GENERAL QUESTION: what pools and settings do people use? ghash.io has become dangerously large and I have moved my 600Gh of mining to eligius to do my small part. Right now reported hashrate seems on target, but just curious if people have opinions on best pool or settings w/ regrds to antminer

I've been using BTC Guild for a while to minimize variance, which may not be quite as good from a network-security standpoint (though they're currently less than a third of the network).  P2Pool would be the ultimate in decentralization.  I've used it in the past, but started running into performance issues on the hardware I had available.  I think I'd need to at least throw more RAM and/or an SSD at it to get bitcoind to respond in a more timely manner to the queries P2Pool throws at it.

I moved to eligius and am seeing 590-600GH average from my 3 antminers (375,400,400 MHz)

Everyone seems to be getting very good hash rate out of the units, yet to see any dead chips.

one unit has a single chip with an x (it had about 4 that seemed caused by the pool switch but cleared by a reboot) and is at 200GH. If the chip is actually not working, the hashrate loss is minimal.

i plan to reconfigure some of the power lines and cooling soon and that should help bring temps down from 51-53 to 50-51

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ineedit

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 06:15:05 PM

GENERAL QUESTION: what pools and settings do people use? ghash.io has become dangerously large and I have moved my 600Gh of mining to eligius to do my small part. Right now reported hashrate seems on target, but just curious if people have opinions on best pool or settings w/ regrds to antminer

I've been using BTC Guild for a while to minimize variance, which may not be quite as good from a network-security standpoint (though they're currently less than a third of the network).  P2Pool would be the ultimate in decentralization.  I've used it in the past, but started running into performance issues on the hardware I had available.  I think I'd need to at least throw more RAM and/or an SSD at it to get bitcoind to respond in a more timely manner to the queries P2Pool throws at it.

I moved to eligius and am seeing 590-600GH average from my 3 antminers (375,400,400 MHz)

Everyone seems to be getting very good hash rate out of the units, yet to see any dead chips.

one unit has a single chip with an x (it had about 4 that seemed caused by the pool switch but cleared by a reboot) and is at 200GH. If the chip is actually not working, the hashrate loss is minimal.

i plan to reconfigure some of the power lines and cooling soon and that should help bring temps down from 51-53 to 50-51

I have 'x's appear an disappear on all of my Ant's but only once I have need to reboot one that went a bit sick after 3 days. I have one at present with 64 'x's but the pool says it is running at 190GH/s with accepted share figures no different from the other ants I have. I suspect I will look at it tomorrow and it will show 64 'o's instead.

If I have been help then please show your thanks         BTC: 127PRogAVZiV3fEmpJERh9KemK3a3Ffh6G         LTC: LXghFL8mZffpTFkm2nRTesuDrV5DJQP3Js
PulsedMedia

Activity: 402

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 06:07:32 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2014, 06:20:31 AM by PulsedMedia

I didn't get Antminer to use DHCP at all on LAN interface, nor use static settings.
So i chose to switch WAN to static and now i cannot connect to it's admin at all despite i see it finally on the network :/

What's the method to return it to "factory settings"?

EDIT: The good news is that it's at least hashing Tongue
EDIT 2: Found the info with a bit of googling, seems ot be hashing strong from pool stats so i won't be touching it just yet Smiley

http://PulsedMedia.com - Semidedicated rTorrent seedboxes
bitterdog

Activity: 728
Merit: 503

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 04:54:03 AM

Am I correct thinking I don't need to run a damn Stratum proxy with these?

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀███████████████
██████████▄   ▀█████████████
████████████▄   ▀███████████
██████████████▄   ▀█████████
█████████████▀   ▄██████████
███████████▀   ▄████████████
██████████▄  ▄██████████████
███████████████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

⬢⬢

⬢⬢

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀▀█▀█▄
██ ▀█████▀     ▀██
██▌   ▀▀▀      ███
███▄           ███
████▀         ████
▀████▄     ▄▄████▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  ▐███
██████▀▀  ▄   ████
███▀   ▄█▀   ▐████
████▄▄█▀     █████
▀█████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄███████▀   ▐████▄
████████  ▄███████
██████      ██████
████████  ████████
████████  ████████
▀███████  ███████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄██▀█▀███▄▄
▄███▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████▄
██████ ████▄ █████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
██████ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████
██████ ████▀ █████
▀███▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████▀
   ▀▀██▄█▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 05:00:52 AM

Correct. They run using similar logic as what Avalon came up with.

salfter

Activity: 651
Merit: 501

My PGP Key: 92C7689C

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 05:01:04 AM

Yes.  It's running cgminer underneath the web interface, which supports stratum.

Tipjars: BTC 1TipsGocnz2N5qgAm9f7JLrsMqkb3oXe2 LTC LTipsVC7XaFy9M6Zaf1aGGe8w8xVUeWFvR | My Bitcoin Note Generator | Pool Auto-Switchers: zpool MiningPoolHub NiceHash
Bitgem Resources: Pool Explorer Paper Wallet
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 07:50:13 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2014, 08:01:33 PM by DebitMe

Sorry for the noob question, I thought I would just be able to plug these into my router and go to the website listed on its side from another computer and do setup, but whats this about having to change the subnet mask?  Does this have to be done? and if so how does one go about doing it?

Thanks in advance

Update-I found how to change it on my router, but if it is currently set to a range of 192.168.1.0 to 255.255.255.0, should I be good?

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
praeluceo

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 12:58:42 AM

So I'm looking at getting 2 of these, each with 2 blades. I'm debating about getting 2 CX600M PSUs (each has 2x6-pin PCIe). Alternatively, I'm looking for a single PSU that could power both. But I'm not sure of the wattage required. Dogie says to expect about 500w each, so I'd need more than 1,000w and 4xPCIe, right?

I was told someone was successfully running each miner on only 430w, and that 750-850 can run 2. Does that sound about right? If so, it dramatically decreases the cost of the power supply to run 2 of them!

Also, does each blade have an ethernet port, or the chassis itself?
praeluceo

Activity: 123

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:09:03 AM

Yes.  It's running cgminer underneath the web interface, which supports stratum.

So if it's running cgminer, that means I guess that it has Linux underpinnings? Do you know if they are running ssh or anything like that, or if the cgminer settings can be tweaked?
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 06:06:30 AM

So I'm looking at getting 2 of these, each with 2 blades. I'm debating about getting 2 CX600M PSUs (each has 2x6-pin PCIe). Alternatively, I'm looking for a single PSU that could power both. But I'm not sure of the wattage required. Dogie says to expect about 500w each, so I'd need more than 1,000w and 4xPCIe, right?

I was told someone was successfully running each miner on only 430w, and that 750-850 can run 2. Does that sound about right? If so, it dramatically decreases the cost of the power supply to run 2 of them!

I had a corsair CX600M running an antminer at 200GH just fine. I snipped the 8-pin ATX MOBO cable and ran 2*12V and 2*GND to each blade without issues. With the new antminer with PCI-e connections you shouldnt have any problems

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Aexcu

Activity: 130

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:25:44 PM

I have a Corsair RM850 80 Plus Gold (850W) running in two AntMiner S1 units successfully. Grid is 230V. Haven't tested overclocking them.

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 08:50:17 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2014, 04:01:31 AM by dogie

Each chassis needs an ethernet port

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 08:50:56 PM

So if it's running cgminer, that means I guess that it has Linux underpinnings? Do you know if they are running ssh or anything like that, or if the cgminer settings can be tweaked?
Its the same software setup that Avlaon used. It is using cgminer, but on the public firmware you don't get access to any of the variables.

DimensionsOfHell

Activity: 346

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 11:58:00 PM

Each needs an ethernet port

Are you serious? I just bought 6 AntMiner S1's today, so that means I will be needing 12 Ethernet cables to run these? That has got to be a joke, right?

I wish KnCMiner was selling more Jupiter units. They have the best miners ever!
miter_myles

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 12:00:29 AM

Are you serious? I just bought 6 AntMiner S1's today, so that means I will be needing 12 Ethernet cables to run these? That has got to be a joke, right?

Just 6 there master chief...

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
DimensionsOfHell

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 12:19:09 AM

Just 6 there master chief...

Thanks for the answer... the response from the guy above made it seem like each blade needed an Ethernet port, not each unit. Again, thanks for the clarification.

Is there an easy step by step instruction for overclocking these units to above 200Gh/s? And when I say easy, I mean each step is clearly explained, rather then just saying "SSH into the miner and change the config file..."  I am not all too familiar with SSH. Right now I have PuTTY and winscp525, but I don't know any commands or anything so I don't know how to edit files or navigate in it. Any help will be appreciated.

Also, I have a Corsair HX850, do you think that will be good to run two units at 200Gh/s? If so, I will buy two more to cover the other 4 units.

Again, thank you in advance.
BotwinBG

Activity: 588

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 01:08:12 AM

After having a Corsair 520W and a CoolerMaster 1000w PSU break down, I opted for a few Dell Z750P server PSUs. Been running real nice since then. The PSUs are noisy as a jet, but I don't really care as long as the units work as they should. Fitted Scythe Ultra Kaze 3000rpm fans in the back, the temps are good too :

That is daytime, they drop to around 25-35C at night. That is the default overclock from the config file.

AMEPAY
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
AMEPAY IEO
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
AMEPAY LISTING
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
romeoz

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 02:20:51 AM

Is there an easy step by step instruction for overclocking these units to above 200Gh/s? And when I say easy, I mean each step is clearly explained, rather then just saying "SSH into the miner and change the config file..."  I am not all too familiar with SSH. Right now I have PuTTY and winscp525, but I don't know any commands or anything so I don't know how to edit files or navigate in it. Any help will be appreciated.

Connect putty to the address, via port 22

Once you login do the following commands

vi /etc/config/asic-freq
Press the letter i to get a prompt
Change the required stuff.
Then hit escape and ctrl zz. (This will save the file and exit)
Restart.

If you still can't get it setup team viewer and ill login and you can watch me change if for you.
DimensionsOfHell

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 03:27:53 AM

Is there an easy step by step instruction for overclocking these units to above 200Gh/s? And when I say easy, I mean each step is clearly explained, rather then just saying "SSH into the miner and change the config file..."  I am not all too familiar with SSH. Right now I have PuTTY and winscp525, but I don't know any commands or anything so I don't know how to edit files or navigate in it. Any help will be appreciated.

Connect putty to the address, via port 22

Once you login do the following commands

vi /etc/config/asic-freq
Press the letter i to get a prompt
Change the required stuff.
Then hit escape and ctrl zz. (This will save the file and exit)
Restart.

If you still can't get it setup team viewer and ill login and you can watch me change if for you.

Thank you very much, I really appreciate that.
edgie13

Activity: 155

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 08:21:43 PM

For some damn reason mine will not go to 400.

And yes I saved it and rebooted.

Even reopened putty to make sure

Remove the "#"s from the 400M set of options and put "#"s in front of the 350M options.  Without quotes of course. Then save and reboot.

BTC Scotch fund: 1GFZos2WGknCeVgDtjpHwo3jeJ4tSLVrXS
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: