Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:36:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 185 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] INFINITECOIN - UPDATE TO 1.8.8 visit INFINITECOIN.COM  (Read 154574 times)
ryanb
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 06:03:08 PM

so does someone have a conf that works?

This is what I  have and I get 44 connections.

addnode=71.175.81.45
addnode=86.18.76.197
addnode=119.253.64.38
addnode=72.46.152.250
addnode=176.9.31.178

That worked.

Thank you

You are welcome, I have been syncing the wallet for 4 days now I am half way.

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
VonSpass
Legendary

Activity: 894
Merit: 1064

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 06:13:43 PM

Just an idea, you can buy some cheap IFC on Ebay, recent price hike isnt reflected in selling prices as of yet...
OBAViJEST

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 09:55:25 PM

addnode=71.175.81.45
addnode=86.18.76.197
addnode=119.253.64.38
addnode=72.46.152.250
addnode=176.9.31.178

That worked.

Thank you

Jesus, four days? How much space is it taking up?
ryanb
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 12:39:36 AM

addnode=71.175.81.45
addnode=86.18.76.197
addnode=119.253.64.38
addnode=72.46.152.250
addnode=176.9.31.178

That worked.

Thank you

Jesus, four days? How much space is it taking up?

So far it is 1.5gb it half way, the problem is it gets stuck and stops downloading, so I have to keep restarting the wallet.

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 10:26:31 AM

I transferred a 2 million coins to bter.com but they have not show up. Have any of you used them before? Reputable?

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
thew3apon

Activity: 784

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 10:32:42 AM

I transferred a 2 million coins to bter.com but they have not show up. Have any of you used them before? Reputable?

bter is fine it must be long confirmation time, has the mining period ended now?
coinits
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 10:42:49 AM

bter is fine it must be long confirmation time, has the mining period ended now?

yes can only mine transaction fees

bter says it needs 500 confirmations but I thought that it would show up like it does on other exchanges and show the progress

Devs should have turned this coin into a staking machine to keep the community active

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
balu2

Activity: 742

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 10:53:39 AM

Coin is up 10 times and here are still people complaining? Get the cheerleaders out you amateurs! :p
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 04:39:06 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2015, 07:23:04 PM by TECSHARE

Community went into limbo. My guess is that a lot of people lost interest once all of the blocks were mined. I do believe that only transaction fees can be mined now. I think coins with a short mining period will hit this wall. No one seems to be ready for life after mining.

Maybe someone could pick up the pieces and start a new version? This coin did show a lot of promise back in the day. It was a top 10 with over $7 million cap. I am a bag holder and would love to see it make a comeback. Could a hard fork be used to create version 2 with, say, a 20+ year window to mine? Maybe bag holders could exchange old for new in some kind of 5 old for 1 new kind of deal?

This is pretty much correct. The money faded away, and so did support for development. Right now there is me, and about 3 others who are still willing to actively participate in moving this coin forward. The issue is not shortage of ideas. I can reboot this coin and again make it a contender, I know HOW to get there. The problem is we do not have a dedicated developer to help us get there. Our current developer has health issues and can't be in front of the PC for long periods of time, therefore I can only really call on him to help in emergencies.  If you know one please have them contact me.

To restate: our main roadblock is the lack of a qualified and dedicated developer (as well as funds to pay them). Even if I knew one, they generally don't work for free, and I have already lost the vast majority of my holdings trying to keep this coin afloat just to have the "community" completely abandon me. Now that the coin is making people money once more, suddenly everyone wants me to do things for them again. This time nothing is happening without the community taking the lead. This coin has taken more from me than anyone would believe, and if you people really care about it YOU will do the work to move it forward instead of just listing off things I should be doing for you, completely free of charge.

For those not in the know, IFC's real dev is and always was, muddafudda. He, zackclark and the rest of his cryptsy buds staged everything from the very expensive client update to the IFC vs IFCv2/COL drama queen parade.

And they are STILL at it with CON vs PYC, COLv2.. ect..

I have talked with Hippie Tech personally for an extended period of time. I believe him to be a paranoid schizophrenic (not kidding).

Some Developer here who can transition IFC to a PoS only coin Huh!!

POW has ended, and IFC is now unsecure
Difficulty: 0.007
Value Out: 0.25 IFC

This is why we implemented checkpointing. If the coin were to be 51% attacked a message would instantly go over the network warning people and halting traffic of coins, thus preventing any 51% attack theft from being very profitable. If you want to help secure IFC, leave your client open to run, or set up your own nodes. One way you can do this is by helping to crowdfund nodes here:

What can be done to revive this coin from a technology perspective?

I have plenty of strategies to do this, what I lack is a dedicated developer (and his paychecks).

So how do we make this happen? We need to revise and revitalize this coin. I wonder if Tecshare would be interested in this again? Can't put it all on him to do all or most of the work though.

I am willing to facilitate users in revitalizing this coin. I am however not going to be participating if all I get is the usual list of things I should be doing for this coin, while they sit back and do nothing but complain and make more demands as they scoop up their profits.

Coin is up 10 times and here are still people complaining? Get the cheerleaders out you amateurs! :p
There is ALWAYS some one complaining, trust me.
coinits
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 01:37:56 AM

I may know of someone. Stay tuned.....

EDIT: PM was sent to a Developer. If he is interested then we should hear from him.

coinits
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 09:41:04 AM

I heard from the Developer. He said he does not have the time to dedicate to this coin. If it was just a tweak or two he would but can not commit long-term.

How much BTC are we talking to reboot this coin?

VonSpass
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 06:33:58 PM

I heard from the Developer. He said he does not have the time to dedicate to this coin. If it was just a tweak or two he would but can not commit long-term.

I don't think IFC needs rebooting.

You know, guys, there are people spending litterally millions US$ (see NeuCoin, Ripple, etc...) trying to create a "smarter" coin. Trying to create a coin with the best possible specs, the best possible PoS ot PoW combination in infinite variations. If you look at just this technical aspect, BTC doesn't shine that much; yet it is the most valuable coin by far.

We just cannot beat these guys at this game, and I do not think energies spent at changing the IFC fundamentals will be spent in the most valuable manner.

IFC can still win, however, because at the end of the day, the coin that will win is the coin people like; not necessarily the smartest or with the best specs. Only two criteria apply: it has to work (be secure), and people have to endorse it.

Of course I would like to see IFC go to .01$, this would be a game changer for me... and many of us reading this I am sure!

So what I suggest is we spend some daily efforts spreading IFC knowledge, and actually using it.
Technically IFC is functional, it is a fast transaction coin which is nice; the web site is also nice and professional.

1) I think our efforts would be best spent on marketing it, and spreading the good word about it. Put some for sale on craigslist, on Ebay, in a nice and professional manner.

2) Also buying some IFC regularly helps- this is important. Actually using it, tipping with it is also important; pay people with IFC when you have the chance. I have started buying a small amount of IFC everyday.

3) http://infinitecointalk.org/ which is linked from the main infinitecoin web page is down - this does not show a stable and trustworthy image. So I would put the IFC forum back online ASAP.
Tyke
Legendary

Activity: 1444
Merit: 1161

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 04:11:53 PM

Great to see a coin included in the book "Cryptocurrency "The Alt-ernative" A Beginner's Reference" doing well again Cheesy

http://www.amazon.com/Cryptocurrency-Alt-ernative-Beginners-Reference-Thompson/dp/1505743486/ref=tmm_pap_title_0?_encoding=UTF8&sr=&qid=
jaipagare

Activity: 514

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 04:26:06 PM

Just don't understand, why is IFC price rising? What has changed?
VonSpass
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 05:39:27 PM

Just don't understand, why is IFC price rising? What has changed?

People have always liked the infinitecoin concept; some speculators have realized just how low priced it was (and still is) ... IMO
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 07:19:26 PM

You know, guys, there are people spending litterally millions US$ (see NeuCoin, Ripple, etc...) trying to create a "smarter" coin. Trying to create a coin with the best possible specs, the best possible PoS ot PoW combination in infinite variations. If you look at just this technical aspect, BTC doesn't shine that much; yet it is the most valuable coin by far.

We just cannot beat these guys at this game, and I do not think energies spent at changing the IFC fundamentals will be spent in the most valuable manner.

IFC can still win, however, because at the end of the day, the coin that will win is the coin people like; not necessarily the smartest or with the best specs. Only two criteria apply: it has to work (be secure), and people have to endorse it.

Of course I would like to see IFC go to .01$, this would be a game changer for me... and many of us reading this I am sure!

So what I suggest is we spend some daily efforts spreading IFC knowledge, and actually using it.
Technically IFC is functional, it is a fast transaction coin which is nice; the web site is also nice and professional.

1) I think our efforts would be best spent on marketing it, and spreading the good word about it. Put some for sale on craigslist, on Ebay, in a nice and professional manner.

2) Also buying some IFC regularly helps- this is important. Actually using it, tipping with it is also important; pay people with IFC when you have the chance. I have started buying a small amount of IFC everyday.

3) http://infinitecointalk.org/ which is linked from the main infinitecoin web page is down - this does not show a stable and trustworthy image. So I would put the IFC forum back online ASAP.

Unfortunately it DOES need rebooting, only not like you are thinking. In order to bring it up to current Bitcoin protocol security and other update standards we will need to completely rewrite the code and likely do a burn and exchange. I have NO plans to change the number of coins, or otherwise make other drastic fundamental changes to the protocol beyond implementing standard protocols for security. IFC has done well but it can do much better if we can find a dedicated, trustworthy developer, and funding to keep him around. I see the path to Infinitecoins success, but I can't (and won't) keep dragging this ship by myself.

I need the community to step forward and help make this happen. I know some of you are making a lot of money right now. Do you want to make a whole lot more? Set some aside and reserve it for helping move development of this coin forward, and I believe we can go way past even the tops we had before at #8 market cap. The IFC fundamentals are strong, I don't want to fix something that isn't broken. I do however know we have room for improvement, and should focus on the infrastructure of the IFC network first as always. I know everyone wants the quick shot in the arm of marketing because it sends the price up, but what goes up must come down. If the system is not secure enough or robust enough to support the traffic that marketing brings, what happens to your price then along with the entire Infinitecoin name? After all this is supposed to be a MEANS OF EXCHANGE, not a stock. In order for it to be a means of exchange it needs to function efficiently and securely.
coinits
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 11:42:29 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2015, 11:53:45 PM by coinits

Unfortunately it DOES need rebooting, only not like you are thinking. In order to bring it up to current Bitcoin protocol security and other update standards we will need to completely rewrite the code and likely do a burn and exchange. I have NO plans to change the number of coins, or otherwise make other drastic fundamental changes to the protocol beyond implementing standard protocols for security. IFC has done well but it can do much better if we can find a dedicated, trustworthy developer, and funding to keep him around. I see the path to Infinitecoins success, but I can't (and won't) keep dragging this ship by myself.

I need the community to step forward and help make this happen. I know some of you are making a lot of money right now. Do you want to make a whole lot more? Set some aside and reserve it for helping move development of this coin forward, and I believe we can go way past even the tops we had before at #8 market cap. The IFC fundamentals are strong, I don't want to fix something that isn't broken. I do however know we have room for improvement, and should focus on the infrastructure of the IFC network first as always. I know everyone wants the quick shot in the arm of marketing because it sends the price up, but what goes up must come down. If the system is not secure enough or robust enough to support the traffic that marketing brings, what happens to your price then along with the entire Infinitecoin name? After all this is supposed to be a MEANS OF EXCHANGE, not a stock. In order for it to be a means of exchange it needs to function efficiently and securely.

I will publicly commit $100 USD per month for the foreseeable future, paid in either cash via PayPal, BTC, or IFC as my contribution towards a DEV Salary. I trust you 100% so know that you will use the funds appropriately.

I challenge 5 more of you to offer funding and then issue a challenge to others. Tell me where to send funds and first payment is on way followed by same payments every month.

This coin is too damn good to let die!

I propose new ticker symbol is XFC to make it ISO 4217 compliant. It is the International Standard for currency codes and currencies are traditionally represented as a 3-letter alphabetic code.

EDIT: Fucking shitcoin Fonziecoin has the XFC symbol. *sigh*

jrretirement

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 12:14:43 AM

Infinitecoin forum is back online it was just a minor DNS issue.

http://infinitecointalk.org
VonSpass
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 05:09:23 AM

Ok Tecshare; if you say IFC needs an upgrade so it can be as strong and secure network as BTC, then I am all for it: let's just not spend too much effort in cosmetics or pseudo-economics.

It was nice to see the IFC forum back online; let's keep it alive. Spread the good word.
coinits
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 07:28:25 PM

WOW! - Talk about coming back from the dead!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 185 »
  Print  

Jump to: