Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:02:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 185 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] INFINITECOIN - UPDATE TO 1.8.8 visit INFINITECOIN.COM  (Read 154585 times)
finnovatie.nl

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 12:55:36 PM

Picking up a bag now... only thing that needs liftoff for this coin is more dev
Are you sure? How would anyone be able to pick up dev? They need the old team to cooperate

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 01:18:27 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2017, 11:31:40 PM by coinits

Picking up a bag now... only thing that needs liftoff for this coin is more dev
Are you sure? How would anyone be able to pick up dev? They need the old team to cooperate

Let me rant on for a minute...

One was having health issues and lead dev was burned out by this coin and moved on. All of the good devs are gobbled up by the high market cap coins. I have no idea what it will take to reassemble some or all of the original team but I would suspect, at minimum, 100 BTC.

Perhaps an escrowed ico may be required to get the funding necessary but what do you tell potential investors to sell them on ifc v2? What will be unique about the coin? That is why I suggested using the cryptonight algo. Make this the lite version on Monero. Sort of like ifc v1 was the lite version of litecoin.

The coin supply should really be infinite, meaning cannot be mined out. Need to be clever with code so as to minimize inflation.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2017, 07:34:11 PM
Last edit: June 03, 2017, 07:48:12 PM by TECSHARE

Could someone please release a update to fix this "Out of Sync" issue even though the blockchain has been downloaded(like a 1.8.8.1)HuhHuhHuh

Try deleting your peers.dat and restarting.

RE: Everyone else wondering about the status of this coin

Coinits pretty much has been telling you what is up. I put TONS of money, time, and stress into just keeping IFC alive and the userbase just took their money and ran. I haven't heard a peep from hardly anyone since 2014. I am done breaking my back for people to just leech profit and contribute nothing. People wouldn't even help moderate the forums so I shut them down. I couldn't even look at anything crypto related for about a year because this project made me sick to my stomach just thinking about it. Now that there is money to be made, again everyone pops out of the woodwork and wants progress.

Even if funding were not an issue, there are significant technical hurdles required to even begin to move forward. Our previous dev (as well as myself) have had serious health issues related to the stress of managing this project. The dev is no longer interested in moving the project forward, and frankly neither am I. I tried my best to build a community around this project but I failed, and I am not going to keep carrying it alone. If you want progress, get to work, otherwise I guess you are just going to have to deal with it.
coinits
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 11:10:28 PM

Thanks TS. I appreciate you verifying publicly what I have been saying.

So there you have it folks. You know the current status and that it will take significant brain power, financing, and grunt work to move this project forward.

My life is busy and crypto is only my hobby but if you want this project to move I will volunteer my time to draft a proposed course of action, ico proposal, attempt to build a team, find a reliable escrow agent.

There had better be overwhelming support to this right here if YOU want it to happen. If your only interest is in cashing in some big bag of coins on the backs of the team, it is not going to happen.

So step up and publicly share what YOU can do to revive IFC.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
ath10n

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 07:43:22 AM

Those sigs though...

IFC donation/fund address to start maybe?  Who own's the infinitecoin.com website?

Infinitecoin is still higher than it's ever been.  This is the window of opportunity to start fresh forward thinking posts.  I think, for now, updating in Litecoin's development wake provides the least amount of effort and takes advantage of the bitcoin and litecoin developer progress.  Trying to stray too far from those coins increases the amount of resources needed.  Having gone through the trials of being mined out there's nowhere else to go but up.  I think people will find security and stability in a "transaction fee" only coin.  Infinitecoin, in it's current state, has a major advantage as it can pick and choose from all the new freely available crypto technology and incorporate them into a new more mature coin.
coinits
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 12:02:48 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2017, 11:32:03 PM by coinits

Those sigs though...

If you stay around here long enough to mine jade..ed you will see that the sigs are spot on!

IFC donation/fund address to start maybe?  Who own's the infinitecoin.com website?

Infinitecoin is still higher than it's ever been.  This is the window of opportunity to start fresh forward thinking posts.  I think, for now, updating in Litecoin's development wake provides the least amount of effort and takes advantage of the bitcoin and litecoin developer progress.  Trying to stray too far from those coins increases the amount of resources needed.  Having gone through the trials of being mined out there's nowhere else to go but up.  I think people will find security and stability in a "transaction fee" only coin.  Infinitecoin, in it's current state, has a major advantage as it can pick and choose from all the new freely available crypto technology and incorporate them into a new more mature coin.

That price is, as Trump would say, Fake News. It is on an exchange exclusive to Chinese and BTER which is a criminal enterprise. The exchanges are involved in their own arbitrage games and, in BTERs case, they make it so difficult to get coin out that they bleed you in fees to rob you of gains.

The status quo is a no go. I don't know who owns the website.

TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2017, 02:36:03 PM

Those sigs though...

If you stay around here long enough to mine jade..ed you will see that the sigs are spot on!

IFC donation/fund address to start maybe?  Who own's the infinitecoin.com website?

Infinitecoin is still higher than it's ever been.  This is the window of opportunity to start fresh forward thinking posts.  I think, for now, updating in Litecoin's development wake provides the least amount of effort and takes advantage of the bitcoin and litecoin developer progress.  Trying to stray too far from those coins increases the amount of resources needed.  Having gone through the trials of being mined out there's nowhere else to go but up.  I think people will find security and stability in a "transaction fee" only coin.  Infinitecoin, in it's current state, has a major advantage as it can pick and choose from all the new freely available crypto technology and incorporate them into a new more mature coin.

That price is, as Trump would say, Fake News. It is on an exchange exclusive to Chinese and BTER which is a criminal enterprise. The exchanges are involved in their own arbitrage games and, in BTERs case, they make it so difficult to get coin out that they bleed you in fees to rob you of gains.

This coin will go no where without a new genesis block. Mining fees only has proven that it creates an unstable network that is rife for forking.

The status quo is a no go. I don't know who owns the website.

I own infinitecoin.com . Just to clarify, the check pointing system would notify via the network alert if there was a fork. There are other risks involved with a low number of nodes though. This is why exchanges require such a high number of confirmations on deposit. Considering the limited number of exchanges that still trade IFC, it would be very easy to pump and dump the coin since there is not actual genuine price discovery. I am not really interested in donations at this point, unless some one wants to compensate me for costs already accrued (I won't hold my breath on that one). Unless people step up and start organizing on their own, consider me a passive participant.
surivtoor

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 05:13:32 PM

Thanks TS. I appreciate you verifying publicly what I have been saying.

So there you have it folks. You know the current status and that it will take significant brain power, financing, and grunt work to move this project forward.

My life is busy and crypto is only my hobby but if you want this project to move I will volunteer my time to draft a proposed course of action, ico proposal, attempt to build a team, find a reliable escrow agent.

There had better be overwhelming support to this right here if YOU want it to happen. If your only interest is in cashing in some big bag of coins on the backs of the team, it is not going to happen.

So step up and publicly share what YOU can do to revive IFC.

If there is a strong following for this, I have no problem joining the fight to make this happen. I have good amount of experience / skills in the real world as an sw engineer / Dev. Like coinits  mentioned I am also very busy but will make time to join a team of dev's to push this out. we just have to see how many are willing to dedicate serious time to this.
bondi

Activity: 347
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 08:05:10 AM

We can use cryptopia to trade our IFCs...

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange?market=IFC_LTC#
ednawnika5

Activity: 44

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 10:36:59 AM

why does this coin trade so heavy /CNY and no one gives a shit to develop this coin? wtf
ath10n

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 06:05:55 AM

There's a crypto dev (Hazard) available for hire if we need extra help.  He's still active on this forum.  Any thoughts on this?  IFC can't wait to take off.

CryptoLife Development
https://dev.cryptolife.net/

Services include:

Android Wallets
Electrum Wallets
Block Explorer
Mining Pool
Paper Wallet Generator
Node Hosting
Faucet
Web/Mobile Wallet
Compile Clients
Coin Repair & Alterations
nyeko_12

Activity: 33

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 07:27:59 PM

Could someone please release a update to fix this "Out of Sync" issue even though the blockchain has been downloaded(like a 1.8.8.1)HuhHuhHuh

Coinits pretty much has been telling you what is up. I put TONS of money, time, and stress into just keeping IFC alive and the userbase just took their money and ran. I haven't heard a peep from hardly anyone since 2014. I am done breaking my back for people to just leech profit and contribute nothing. People wouldn't even help moderate the forums so I shut them down. I couldn't even look at anything crypto related for about a year because this project made me sick to my stomach just thinking about it. Now that there is money to be made, again everyone pops out of the woodwork and wants progress.

Even if funding were not an issue, there are significant technical hurdles required to even begin to move forward. Our previous dev (as well as myself) have had serious health issues related to the stress of managing this project. The dev is no longer interested in moving the project forward, and frankly neither am I. I tried my best to build a community around this project but I failed, and I am not going to keep carrying it alone. If you want progress, get to work, otherwise I guess you are just going to have to deal with it.

tried that, it still shows that its "out of sync"...
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 07:55:34 PM

It will say that until the blockchain is updated... do you have connections to peers? Hover over the icons in the bottom right.
bondi

Activity: 347
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 08:24:27 PM

Found something interesting, this latest surge was around the same date 2 years ago....
Check the charts....

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/infinitecoin/#charts

What's your take on this TECSHARE?
explosivo

Activity: 88

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 12:54:46 PM

I'm new to this coin, but there is definitely some buzz around it. What are the chances that the issues get worked out before the end of summer? I'm taking a stake in it now.
Kryptomaniac

Activity: 110

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 05:09:07 PM

Understandable why you Devs would feel as they do.  But if Devs are unable to continue with this coin or all  Devs still available that are simply unwilling to rise to the occasion should now propose the forming of a new Dev team.  As leaders we need to be strong and courageous, that means we have to pass the test of adversity.  The adversity for the current Dev Team has been GREAT BUT TODAY IS A NEW DAY and if you look for it, new strength and power is available - right now.  The TIMING for IFC had not yet come but is definitely here right now.  A strong Dev team now needs to be in place along with a marketing Guru.  The new Dev Team if one needs to be formed in the absence of the old one, would have to be willing to accept IFCs as donations or any other form of Dev funding.  The team would have to be believers in what their developing.  With new Dev and Marketing and Old Coin like IFC can gain traction to fulfill the original intent:  Electronic Cash.  It's not too late yet, but the window of opportunity will soon close, so if anything happens it needs to happen quickly.

We need to see the fact that IFC is hitting new highs, has great daily volume and all this is happening even without an active Dev Team.  Just imagine the possibilities with Dev and Marketing. My head is not in the clouds with all I'm saying but like anything else success is the product perseverance and effort.  It won't be easy but it's definitely possible.

To all you HDLRs, those that have millions of IFCs, just think this coin could be worth $.10 in the near future how much would your bag be worth?  There's only a few coins left where a non WHALE could acquire millions of and IFC is one of them.  So I say to the community at large if you don't believe this could happen maybe you should consider getting out now and to those that believe let's support a Dev Team and let's get excited about this Darn thing.

ath10n

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 08:42:48 PM

Understandable why you Devs would feel as they do.  But if Devs are unable to continue with this coin or all  Devs still available that are simply unwilling to rise to the occasion should now propose the forming of a new Dev team.  As leaders we need to be strong and courageous, that means we have to pass the test of adversity.  The adversity for the current Dev Team has been GREAT BUT TODAY IS A NEW DAY and if you look for it, new strength and power is available - right now.  The TIMING for IFC had not yet come but is definitely here right now.  A strong Dev team now needs to be in place along with a marketing Guru.  The new Dev Team if one needs to be formed in the absence of the old one, would have to be willing to accept IFCs as donations or any other form of Dev funding.  The team would have to be believers in what their developing.  With new Dev and Marketing and Old Coin like IFC can gain traction to fulfill the original intent:  Electronic Cash.  It's not too late yet, but the window of opportunity will soon close, so if anything happens it needs to happen quickly.

We need to see the fact that IFC is hitting new highs, has great daily volume and all this is happening even without an active Dev Team.  Just imagine the possibilities with Dev and Marketing. My head is not in the clouds with all I'm saying but like anything else success is the product perseverance and effort.  It won't be easy but it's definitely possible.

To all you HDLRs, those that have millions of IFCs, just think this coin could be worth $.10 in the near future how much would your bag be worth?  There's only a few coins left where a non WHALE could acquire millions of and IFC is one of them.  So I say to the community at large if you don't believe this could happen maybe you should consider getting out now and to those that believe let's support a Dev Team and let's get excited about this Darn thing.

This.

There are many coins out there with devs working around the clock that can't even reach infinitecoin's current marketcap and volume.  Top market cap coins have enough room to grow probably up to 3 to 10 times more while infinitecoin has room to grow 50 to 10,000 times more.  Relatively minimal dev work for so much potential return.  Heck, just copy paste litecoin segwit code, leave it for a while, and even without marketing the price will probably soar to $0.01. 
Kryptomaniac

Activity: 110

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 10:20:49 PM

This.

There are many coins out there with devs working around the clock that can't even reach infinitecoin's current marketcap and volume.  Top market cap coins have enough room to grow probably up to 3 to 10 times more while infinitecoin has room to grow 50 to 10,000 times more.  Relatively minimal dev work for so much potential return.  Heck, just copy paste litecoin segwit code, leave it for a while, and even without marketing the price will probably soar to $0.01. 

We need the Dev Team to step up one more time.  Just the news alone announcing that the Dev Team's back will raise price by 100 SATS. This reinvigorated Dev Team could work on the following:

1.  Segwit Implementation

2.  Hybrid PoW and PoS implementation

3.  Additional Mining Algo allowing for ASIC like X11 (some folks oppose ASIC but I've been Mining DASH with ASIC since the first Baikal Unit and I've experienced DASH go from $2 to today's price of $152, let me tell you it feels good on the pocket)

4.  Adopt some privacy code into the coin, borrow from DASH, MONERO & ZCASH

Think about this: We have almost 20 BILLION LESS CIRCULATING SUPPLY THAN DOGE COIN yet their price right now is fluctuating between 120 to 165 SATS, each time peaking higher and higher.  We can beat DOGE all we need is Dev commitment.

What's it gonna take to get a functioning Dev Team in place?  That's what we need right now.
ednawnika5

Activity: 44

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 01:14:55 PM

I'm ready to put some more into it if there is any progress at all.

The infinite wallet seems to be shut down, any thoughts on how to create a paper wallet or store coin off exchange?
explosivo

Activity: 88

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 01:59:54 PM

I'm ready to put some more into it if there is any progress at all.

The infinite wallet seems to be shut down, any thoughts on how to create a paper wallet or store coin off exchange?

Are you sure the wallet isn't working? I'm syncing the blockchain now.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 185 »
  Print  

Jump to: