Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:16:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: RALLY!  (Read 39202 times)
Vladimir (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 10:38:56 AM

hiVe, just people hinting it in forum here and there, I cannot be bothered to start looking for the links for ya, sorry. It is plausible anyway. This is what I would do if I was a trading type.

-
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 10:59:39 AM

There are multiply reports of relative large amounts of fiat moving into exchanges with goal to pick up some cheap coins in case of potential price shocks due to the pirate debacle.

Have you got any references?

Alright, i know, this is "THE" speculation section, however what worries me is that an increasing number of people here are pulling "something" out of their pants in an attempt to spread, false information?  
...just saying Vlad, not pointing fingers...

Some evidence of some sort (watch the up spike in cumulated funds in the order book):

http://bitcoinx.com/charts/
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 12:29:54 PM

There are multiply reports of relative large amounts of fiat moving into exchanges with goal to pick up some cheap coins in case of potential price shocks due to the pirate debacle.

Have you got any references?

Alright, i know, this is "THE" speculation section, however what worries me is that an increasing number of people here are pulling "something" out of their pants in an attempt to spread, false information?  
...just saying Vlad, not pointing fingers...

Some evidence of some sort (watch the up spike in cumulated funds in the order book):

http://bitcoinx.com/charts/

Look at the order book here.  Almost $3m to $15 (233,000 BTCs).  That's incredible.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 01:07:52 PM

That order book is insane.

Come on bulls, buy'em up. Sweet deals, we're stable, other obvious lies.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 04:36:52 PM

"further drop" is starting to take its damn sweet time

I, for one, am more than a little surprised at the resiliency of this 10ish level...

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 04:45:37 PM

"further drop" is starting to take its damn sweet time

I, for one, am more than a little surprised at the resiliency of this 10ish level...

I am not yet surprised by it because of the pirate debacle has yet to fully unfold.
If he pays everyone back, even if only a percentage, that is a flood of bitcoins going
back to people. If 10% decide to sell right away.. well that is going to drive us below
9 in my opinion.
BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 05:12:04 PM

If pirate pays out, it would mean there is some legitimate business you can do with Bitcoin that earns 10% a week. That's awesome, and will increase interest in Bitcoin a lot! Also, the people that get paid out are all hoarders anyway.

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2012, 06:15:17 PM

If pirate pays out, it would mean there is some legitimate business you can do with Bitcoin that earns 10% a week. That's awesome, and will increase interest in Bitcoin a lot! Also, the people that get paid out are all hoarders anyway.

Compound Interest motherfucker, do you understand it?
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 06:20:36 PM

No, he doesn't. But in his defense, most people probably don't.
BTCurious

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 07:08:42 PM

What are you even trying to say here? Compound interest is trivial. w/e, go bet in Matthew's thread or something.

Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 07:32:07 PM

What are you even trying to say here? Compound interest is trivial. w/e, go bet in Matthew's thread or something.

No, it isn't trivial, at 10% it's the difference between a doubling time of ten cycles and one of seven cycles FOR THE FIRST DOUBLING, and it will keep getting smaller with each consecutive one. Compound interest, truly, is a bitch.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 08:14:37 PM

No, it isn't trivial, at 10% it's the difference between a doubling time of ten cycles and one of seven cycles FOR THE FIRST DOUBLING, and it will keep getting smaller with each consecutive one. Compound interest, truly, is a bitch.
You're compounding the interest in both cases, it's just one is compounding daily (or constantly, will be pretty close), and the other is compounding yearly.  It is important to mention the interval when discussing compounding interest.
Chaz

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 08:23:32 PM

"The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to understand the exponential function."

― Albert A. Bartlett

10% per week hahah.  Let me invest a measly 1 BTC into this awesome business.  Lets say I do this today 24th Aug 2012 and assume all 21 million bitcoins are already mined.  At what point do I control all 21 millions bitcoins?  On 8th January 2016 I have ~19,280,246 BTC and on 15th January 2016 I'm pretty sure no one can pay me 10% interest anymore.

I can't believe people fall for this shit, take a look at this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=97094.0

This guy invested 10,000 BTC. At 7% interest per week, did this guy even calculate what this means?  Again, assuming all 21 million bitcoins exist and his investment started on the 1st of August 2012, he owns them all by 16th June 2014.... lol

1FsQJtY4vbvbkJj4Pd869rDcbFmu11RHge
BTCurious

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 08:30:19 PM

Oh jesus guys don't turn this into another FUD thread.
Go here, put up or shut up.

Vladimir (OP)

-

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 08:46:52 PM

I can't believe people fall for this shit, take a look at this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=97094.0

easy come, easy go

Oh jesus guys don't turn this into another FUD thread.
Go here, put up or shut up.

We do not need to go anywhere. We can just sit here and wait and have laughs at your expense. All the genius investors out there meanwhile can sweat it and go over all the stages of greed and fear.

-
BTCurious

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 09:08:16 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2012, 09:21:50 PM by BTCurious

We do not need to go anywhere. We can just sit here and wait and have laughs at your expense. All the genius investors out there meanwhile can sweat it and go over all the stages of greed and fear.
I'm just saying take the pirate talk, from either side, to one of the million pirate threads. This is just spam now.
Also, when I said earlier that I wouldn't argue with you about pirate stuff because we'd only disagree anyway, I was hoping you'd do the same. But if you'd rather post vitriolic comments directed at me, then go fuck a bucket.

Edit: nvmd, this ignore button was long overdue.

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 09:12:14 PM

I'm just saying take the pirate talk, from either side, to one of the million pirate threads. This is just spam now.
Also, when I said earlier that I wouldn't argue with you about pirate stuff because we'd only disagree anyway, I was hoping you'd do the same. But if you'd rather post vitriolic comments directed at me, then go fuck a bucket.

+1

Also, where's my magazine Vladimir?

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 09:14:29 PM

+1

i ordered the first 2 issues yesterday.  hope i don't get delayed.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2012, 09:17:05 PM

+1

i ordered the first 2 issues yesterday.  hope i don't get delayed.

Bitcoin magazine is a ponzi scheme  Grin

Vladimir (OP)

-

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 09:18:13 PM

My comment was not directed at you specifically. But since you now brought it up, please do allow me to retort.

We should realise that the market does trade right now only one thing. It is not Bitcoin Magazine's new issues on every news stands in states (well... almost) and soon all over EU, it is not bitpay's new services, it is not bitinstant's upcoming BTC denominated debit cards, is it not a few more huge developments that should not be mentioned just yet. It is pirate's default which is the only thing the market is trading right now. Therefore, whether you like it or not, pirate's default is as much on topic here as it gets.

Now. if you think that anyone who has an opinion on something must obey your command and go and gamble on some strangely worded bet with a huge counterparty risk, you'd better rethink that attitude of yours.

Greed and fear do tend to cloud minds of the best of us.

-
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: