Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:01:47 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Quark the new FTC  (Read 5482 times)
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 06:29:16 PM

yes both are crap coins that will die once the dump happens.

Please shut up and stop saying scam, you dont have to rip your ass.

Don't mind him. There will always be BTC/LTC fanboys who are eager to call other coins "scamcoins" for no reason or research. Better coins scare them.

Quark is one serious contender and people who do not understand this will cry later Smiley

What is quak coin? A premined coin with noobs worshiping it without even knowing what's so great about it.
You realize that you're on the BITCOINtalk forum kermitcoin fanboy?

Your a moron, hundreds of thousand of $ have been buying quark, i guess they don't know anything about it. who back to btc-e trollbox

You mean like 100BTC. =))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Also fix your English cause it doesn't make sense who bought who back to who

no couple hundred Bitcoins trollface, btc-e is calling, fetchhh
cosmoo

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 06:35:22 PM

That's not a bad analogy, Quark was instamined just as fervently as FTC was.

People who back Quark are clueless. Quark was indeed a copy of SifCoin. SecureCoin is Quark with a bitcoin-based economy that was launched without the instamine. As it stands SRC is the leading coin in the multi-algo hype-bubble.

Dump your Quark for SecureCoin if you're after profit.

Besides once Quark's mint rate gets reduced to a million a year you can bet miners will flee almost instantly, leaving it dead in its tracks.
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2013, 06:39:07 PM

This is why Quark is a scam coin:

"* 2048 QRK per block (halving every 60480 blocks ~ 3 weeks)
* Block reward will never drop below 1 QRK
* Total of 247 million QRK will be mined in ~ 6 months, after that ~ 1 million QRK p.a. (~ 0.5% p.a inflation)"

.... 247 million mined in the first 6 months.  Roll Eyes

It's a shame they had to ruin a good idea with an unfair 6 month instamine.

http://forum.qrk.cc/thread/406/20-000-qrk-youtube-video

this guy suggest that BTC is an ongoing Pre-mine because it was "micro-mined" from 2009 then "scammed with BFL " > then went to huge ASICS < so who gets the next 40+% of BTC?

and who got the first 50+ % ?

so he want someone to articulate that in a video and he is paying more than 20k QRK  then the huge community seems to want to all push it at Peter Schiff and see what he says ?    

what do you think ?

I'm pretty neutral but do you guys think that BTC is a "Scam-coin"   because no one will be able to obtain it and only few got it at the start ? < meaning there is large risk  /?

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2013, 06:40:34 PM

just want to get feed back  because i hold some BTC - ? ? ?

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2013, 06:42:35 PM

nothing like the % of the first guys or the guys that will buy these 3TH ASIC of course but i  purchased mine like everyone else will have to in the future  <except for that tiny minority with 3 and 5 and 10 TH miners>

- so you know  i want to know if i should hold or not ?

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
BrianM

Activity: 546
Merit: 510

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 08:25:06 PM

Those Quarks are swindlers coins  Angry
lyno

Activity: 150
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 08:36:13 PM

Lol... "instamine" usually is just a euphemism for "i missed  the boat and now i am pissed". I am also one of those how missed the quark boat, so what? From that point of view for most people bitcoin and litecoin are the all time worst instamines.
braytz

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 08:51:13 PM

Agree with you.
This is why Quark is a scam coin:

"* 2048 QRK per block (halving every 60480 blocks ~ 3 weeks)
* Block reward will never drop below 1 QRK
* Total of 247 million QRK will be mined in ~ 6 months, after that ~ 1 million QRK p.a. (~ 0.5% p.a inflation)"

.... 247 million mined in the first 6 months.  Roll Eyes

It's a shame they had to ruin a good idea with an unfair 6 month instamine.
MikeH

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 08:53:34 PM

maybe if they did a 200 million quark give away they'd get backers instead of haters
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 08:58:24 PM

QRK will keep on growing now, FTC was a clone. QRK is superior to BTC in many ways, the ONLY people crying out about qrk are the people that have btc and fear qrk and those that didn't buy or mine qrk when it was cheap or easy to mine.

Qrk fair price is 8c to 20c from there is will grow like all other crypto that have something to offer. I see a 450,000 dump in one go today....that is market redistribution for you. Far better than mining.

SRC is good but actually i believe QRK has a far wider distribution now. Forget the crybabies who didn't mine quark and call it instamine.

The market has distributed the coins better than any mining could have done.  It was dumped by the first miners the moment it hit the exchange, they dumped so hard they drove the price to 37 for months it is now 12000  which is just about it's fair price.

The endless over and over conversatoins about qrk on this board show what everyone is talking about Smiley 

rumlazy

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:02:02 PM

QRK will keep on growing now, FTC was a clone. QRK is superior to BTC in many ways, the ONLY people crying out about qrk are the people that have btc and fear qrk and those that didn't buy or mine qrk when it was cheap or easy to mine.

Qrk fair price is 8c to 20c from there is will grow like all other crypto that have something to offer. I see a 450,000 dump in one go today....that is market redistribution for you. Far better than mining.

QRK is a clone too
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:03:35 PM

QRK is a clone too

It was not a clone, it may not have been the first multi algo coin but it was not a clone. Besides that FTC was broken for ages, it had to be altered because any coins cloning the old diff adjust can not be released today. FTC is not that bad but it was a clone and has had to be fixed up many times. Still though qrk is not that different to FTC price even now based on coins minted. That is without taking into account FTC has a lot more to mint.  FTC has crashed in the last few days but i think it will recover.

How many QRK threads will there be on this forum every day lol. EIther it is noobs not searching the forum or people constantly trying to talk crap about it to drive the price down. I know of one HUGE miner that loved qrk....he has obviously sold out early and now decideds to turn negative on the coin. He is regretting selling out cheap, the others are regretting not buying in cheap.  It is at it's fair price now even if you don't factor in the media attention it is getting that FTC never had.

rumlazy

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:17:05 PM

It was not a clone, it may not have been the first multi algo coin but it was not a clone. Besides that FTC was broken for ages, it had to be altered because any coins cloning the old diff adjust can not be released today. FTC is not that bad but it was a clone and has had to be fixed up many times. Still though qrk is not that different to FTC price even now based on coins minted. That is without taking into account FTC has a lot more to mint.  FTC has crashed in the last few days but i think it will recover.

QRK cloned SIFcoin.  Def a clone.  Even down to the number of coins and release schedule.
desert_beagle

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:28:34 PM

What's going to happen once all the quarks are mined?  Won't the miners stop mining therefore halting the blockchain and transfer of coins?

LOL i mean quark pretty much shot itself in the foot. Grin
eon89

Activity: 308
Merit: 292

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:32:06 PM

What's going to happen once all the quarks are mined?  Won't the miners stop mining therefore halting the blockchain and transfer of coins?

It never stops being mined. Apparently someone can't read.

Mjbmonetarymetals
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 10:37:55 PM

What's the problem with a 6 month mine? We still havent seen mass adoption of Bitcoin should they have the right to mine or shoud they just go buy some ?

I've been involved here for 3 years never mined a single crypto of any kind should I be angry at miners for getting in first ? Many miners see zero benefit in any crypto so they likely just sell straight away.

Dev's have a good share ? That's great gives them incentive to continue to develop further.

Bitrated user: Mick.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 11:14:10 PM

What's the problem with a 6 month mine? We still havent seen mass adoption of Bitcoin should they have the right to mine or shoud they just go buy some ?

I've been involved here for 3 years never mined a single crypto of any kind should I be angry at miners for getting in first ? Many miners see zero benefit in any crypto so they likely just sell straight away.

Dev's have a good share ? That's great gives them incentive to continue to develop further.

Word
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 11:21:10 PM

The reward will drop dramatically. It means that to keep the network secure from a botnet you must keep miners mining. How ?
Nobody will keep mining if the electricity cost will be higher than the reward.
And even if the reward will be higher than cost it will be far lower than what miners can get from mining other altcoins.
That's why Satoshi came up with a halving idea over long periods of time, to allow transactions to grow in numbers and replace the block rewards, and it was a good one.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
btcprice

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 11:25:19 PM

Too much hate and greed in the crypto world Sad

People invest in a coin and see another coin have wild success. So they feel they have to feed lies about that coin and boost their own coin.

QRK has double the BTC buys at Cryptsy than litecoin and litecoin had a huge lead. People are just jealous that QRK is getting all the success.
pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 11:26:47 PM

The reward will drop dramatically. It means that to keep the network secure from a botnet you must keep miners mining. How ?
Nobody will keep mining if the electricity cost will be higher than the reward.
And even if the reward will be higher than cost it will be far lower than what miners can get from mining other altcoins.
That's why Satoshi came up with a halving idea over long periods of time, to allow transactions to grow in numbers and replace the block rewards, and it was a good one.

This is indeed interesting point of view but look at Bitcoin, if the price of 1 BTC would be $1 then anyone would mine it?

The question is if quark will naturaly achieve the price that will be worth of mining after 247mln coins.

I don't know that, I would like someone who is more into Quark technical details to answer that.

Is here someone?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: