Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 12:18:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A little suggestion for these new coins. READ THIS!  (Read 355 times)
Jude Austin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1140
Merit: 1000

The Real Jude Austin

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 02:21:09 PM

Everyone is a coin dev. these days.

But you're still doing it wrong.

If you aren't changing the message starting string, don't even compile your coin.

When ever you make a new coin in this example a Litecoin clone, open up main.cpp and search for pchmessagestart and you will find this:

Code:
unsigned char pchMessageStart[4] = { 0xfb, 0xc0, 0xb6, 0xdb }; // Litecoin: increase each by adding 2 to bitcoin's value.

CHANGE THE LAST TWO HEX BITS ON EACH AFTER 0x OR YOUR COIN WILL SUCK ASS AND FORK WITH OTHER COINS!

Make sure they don't match up with another coin.

Have a good day.

Thank me later.

Buy or sell $100 of Crypto and get $10!
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 02:26:36 PM

better advise,

don't make any more clone coins, make something new or forget it.  The last wave of clones was enough for the next 50 years. Only new innovation should be rewarded with mining.

Jude Austin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1140
Merit: 1000

The Real Jude Austin

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 02:34:51 PM

better advise,

don't make any more clone coins, make something new or forget it.  The last wave of clones was enough for the next 50 years. Only new innovation should be rewarded with mining.

Agreed.

I just find it funny every time I open up one of these clones the magic bits are the same as what ever they cloned.

Buy or sell $100 of Crypto and get $10!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: