Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:27:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It’s not illegal to use real strawberries, it’s just impossible if you don’t wan  (Read 5377 times)
hugolp (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 02:12:10 PM

Again the question arises, why would you put your safety (or societies safety for that matter) in the hands of an organisation which primary goal is to make money off of you.

This exactly what you are proposing. Politicians want to make money and you are proposing giving to them the monopoly. Its ridiculous.

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mobodick

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 09:32:26 PM

Again the question arises, why would you put your safety (or societies safety for that matter) in the hands of an organisation which primary goal is to make money off of you.

Everything that you wrote was garbage.  Absolute nonsense.

But this one made me chuckle.  I'm not sure where you live, but around here, the government is funded by taxes, and taxes are paid under threat of men with guns coming around to toss you in jail.

So, we are considering two organizations with a primary goal of making money off me.  Thank you very much, but I prefer the one that doesn't threaten violence to get me to pay for things that I don't want.

Hey, if you don't like the guys with the guns then go live in another country!
But don't be surprised if that country is unstable and noone cares if you get a knive between your ribs on your walk through the park.

At least the government doesn't include a 3rd party (the share holders) that demands profit even if it means some people will die or get poor or whatever.
kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 05, 2011, 11:54:34 PM

But this one made me chuckle.  I'm not sure where you live, but around here, the government is funded by taxes, and taxes are paid under threat of men with guns coming around to toss you in jail.

So, we are considering two organizations with a primary goal of making money off me.  Thank you very much, but I prefer the one that doesn't threaten violence to get me to pay for things that I don't want.
But don't be surprised if that country is unstable and noone cares if you get a knive between your ribs on your walk through the park.

At least the government doesn't include a 3rd party (the share holders) that demands profit even if it means some people will die or get poor or whatever.
Are you joking?

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
mobodick

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 02:19:17 PM

Are you joking?

About what?
onesalt

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 08:50:31 PM

Hes right, shareholders demand money regardless of what the company is doing. Thats a major reason why GM failed, shareholders refused to let them fund the R&D into new car designs and research into what cars people actually wanted (people don't want SUVs that get 1mpg when petrol is 4 dollars a gallon) so GM was stuck making rubbish cars no one wanted.
coinonymous

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2011, 03:09:26 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2011, 03:38:10 AM by coinonymous

Everything that you wrote was garbage.  Absolute nonsense.

But this one made me chuckle.  I'm not sure where you live, but around here, the government is funded by taxes, and taxes are paid under threat of men with guns coming around to toss you in jail.

So, we are considering two organizations with a primary goal of making money off me.  Thank you very much, but I prefer the one that doesn't threaten violence to get me to pay for things that I don't want.

Are you joking?

About what?

I don't usually make inflammatory flameposts but this is going to be one.  mobodick, I don't like you.  I'm not going to debate any of this with you because you are clearly well beyond the capability of reasonable discussion on this stuff.

OTOH, mobodick, your people have won, and mine have lost, for the most part, in the battle for control of this world, so congratulations on your victory, I sure hope you are enjoying your utopia.

Now, what the fuck are you here for?  Bitcoin can't possibly be the right currency for somebody like you.

BTW, a small plug: my recent (and, effectively, first) blog post tangentially relates to this dicussion, check it out at http://btcz.tk/.  even mobodick is welcome to read but he probably won't like what I have to say.  Sorry for the crappy writing, though.  It's a work-in-progress.
mobodick

View Profile
September 09, 2011, 05:24:23 PM

OTOH, mobodick, your people have won, and mine have lost, for the most part, in the battle for control of this world, so congratulations on your victory, I sure hope you are enjoying your utopia.

Wait, what?
I never said i LIKED it, i was just being realistic.
You need to open your eyes and see the reality most people live in.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: