View Profile
December 07, 2013, 07:31:02 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2016, 08:11:23 PM by CoinHumper

delete

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bidji29

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 07:33:20 PM

Of course they are operating on fractional reserve.

Not because they use the money to finance or to lend, but because they lost a shitton of coin with hack and bugs

http://www.freebieservers.com/  100% FREE GAME SERVERS
litecoin_messiah

Activity: 355
Merit: 268

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 07:36:05 PM

Yeah you are probably right, i saw a user mention he deposited 1btc and had 101btc in his account, he then withdrew it to this address

http://blockchain.info/pt/address/13VmZgvanGpsJXnLnT3NWgPdbfPLwR6Rsv

He told me he was joking, after i begged him for 1 btc but i don't believe him, throughout our conversation what he said seemed to be legit.

FYI check this bitcoin topic http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1s73f7/i_have_sent_back_the_60_btc_i_was_mistakenly_able/

they sent 60btc to someone by accident, lucky for them the guy sent it back but they probably sent it to more than 1 person.
hypostatization

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 07:37:30 PM

I asked for confirmation multiple times today on whether or not they can cover pending withdrawals. I did not receive a response. They are slammed with support work, so that could easily explain the absence of response. I worry about this, however, when considering the hack followed by (unrelated) panic selling and Bitcoin withdrawals.

xrptalk.org :: setup a wallet + trade all currencies :: gateway reviews @ coinist.co :: deposit to buy xrp @ snapswap [now supporting PayPal withdrawls + instant ACH transfer deposits]
CrossCoin Ventures startup accelerator - offering XRP funding up to $50,000 USD equivalent
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 07:48:12 PM

Cryptsy states that it exceeds 100 BTC monthly fee earnings.

We currently are collecting in fees over 100 BTC per month.    We estimate that by bringing Fiat currency to the exchange we will increase our revenue by 10-20 fold almost instantly (within 90 days to allow for licensing).   This equates to fee income of 1000 to 2000 BTC per month within 90 days and increasing as more users migrate from other services.   At 2000 BTC monthly income, each share would receive 0.004 BTC per month - which would give a full return on investment within 1 year.

We currency have over 13,000 users, and over 3,500 users in the United States.  A very large portion of our user base has expressed that we would be their exclusive exchange once we begin offering Fiat currency exchange.

they were turning over 5 million in qrk alone, i doubt they have money worries right now along with their shares they sold.

Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 08:00:07 PM

I was just watching a convo in Cryptsy IRC Support about the possibility of Cryptsy operating off fractional reserves. For those that do not know what fractional reserves are, it's where any financial institution borrows from deposits on hand down to a fraction and then operates on what is remaining. They are gambling that all depositors will not withdraw at once or in masses. Then use deposits on hand to handle the normal flow of business.

Effectively they are getting a free loan from their customers. Cryptsy was prime for such a maneuver. I think this is what is happening. Cryptsy cannot simply shut down and allow customers to withdraw funds, because the funds aren't there. So they keep this charade up by feigning technical issues related to an upgrade while they collect deposit funds to hand out to the oldest and loudest people who are having deposits "disappear".

It all makes sense. It's the only thing that makes sense as the technical bullshit is border lining on stupid. Big Vern needs to PROVE he has coins on hand.

Anyone have any thoughts?

You mean like a bank?

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
tiptopgemdotcom
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1000

Truly decentralized stable asset

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 08:02:51 PM

Sad, but I am afraid this is the most logical explanation.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 08:06:55 PM

put the fees up then and start getting back into the green, i mean with the increased turn over they could make back any losses asap.

however i don't think it is the case. i think their site is just not able to cope any longer.

Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 08:28:11 PM

It says right on thr Cryptsy twitter feed that Vern is in Vegas partying it up.  When he's done giving two handed zambonis to the hookers I'm sure his full attention will be back.
Kane49

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 05:09:35 PM

Anyone still doubt they are operating off fractional reserves and feigning technical issues? The reason for no real updates is so that it can't be used as evidence. I really wonder if they think the crypto world is this stupid.

Actually the last few days have made me certain that they do not.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 05:16:27 PM

I've been able to move coins in and out the last few days too without any issues, I still have a bit of a lag on trades though but its no big deal because for the most part I'm http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG1qooBzE2w for the longest time!
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 05:17:50 PM

I have had issues where you get negative coin balances after a trade.

I payed back, sent a ticket (obviously no response yet Smiley  ).  but yeah.   I feel sorry a little for cryptsy because other than coinex, its a agood site witha lot of cryptocoins to trade.  I feel people bash too much on it, but yeah I wonder how much money they are making.

dont forget they raised (or are still raising) money issuing stocks online to whoever thinks buying unregulated un-everything piece of electronic bits thats tells you will get dividends of some sort at some time.
kaito

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 06:24:50 PM

Not because they use the money to finance or to lend, but because they lost a shitton of coin with hack and bugs
Are you kidding me? They rake in enough fees to comensate any losses due to bugs.
Reece523

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 06:39:41 PM

Cryptsy should double their fees and fix their site. The money would be more than worth it for the peace of mind it would provide...
strunberg

Activity: 1316
Merit: 324

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 06:45:01 PM

Cryptsy needs to add features such as Limit buys and sells.

I authorized a buy of a currency at a certain price,and the website  bought the coins at a higher price than what I authorized.
Lost a lot of money.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Kane49

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 06:59:50 PM

Are you kidding me? They rake in enough fees to comensate any losses due to bugs.

While I don't think it's a fraud issue at all, fees would not cover a serious hack as they have stated at their peak, they were at 100 BTC per month.

A hack or spending spree could easily make it a multi month payback at that rate.

~BCX~

Hi, they released new earning figures.
Last week they made 180BTC in Fees
bigvern

Activity: 100

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 04:16:45 AM

We do not operate with fractional reserves.    Any exchange that does that will never get licensed.    Part of getting licensed is having the financials audited, including customer held funds.  I have to assume that any coin can and will have a "bank run" at some point.   I'm not a bank and I do not lend coins out, so I have no business in misappropriating coins on deposit.   If you want to move all funds out, then they are there to move.   They may, however, need to be moved from our offline wallet to the hot wallet first.

Any overwithdrawals caused by a system issue in the past and going forward are covered either by myself or the profits of the exchange itself (if the user is not honorable enough to send them back).   These issues are rare and getting rarer.

Paul
BigVern
Slingshot

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 05:05:54 PM

We do not operate with fractional reserves.   

Any exchange that does that will never get licensed.   

Part of getting licensed is having the financials audited, including customer held funds. 

I have to assume that any coin can and will have a "bank run" at some point.   

I'm not a bank and I do not lend coins out, so I have no business in misappropriating coins on deposit.   

If you want to move all funds out, then they are there to move.   

They may, however, need to be moved from our offline wallet to the hot wallet first.

Any over-withdrawals caused by a system issue in the past and going forward are covered either by myself or the profits of the exchange itself (if the user is not honorable enough to send them back).   These issues are rare and getting rarer.

Paul
BigVern

Thanks for the reply Paul (BigVern).

Glad to know this straight from the one in charge at Cryptsy (You).

P.S.

An automated Audit was just done on my account four times. Glad to see that was done
but I never requested it, nor ever even filled out any support tickets since around October for
a very minor issue back then.

But it's nice to see that sweeping through my account and verifying every balance is accurate! Nice touch.

IE:

Recent Audits
Requested    Processed    Changes
2013-12-14 18:29:28    2013-12-14 18:29:39    None
2013-12-13 10:48:09    2013-12-13 10:48:15    None
2013-12-13 04:37:29    2013-12-13 04:37:37    None
2013-12-13 03:49:10    2013-12-13 03:49:19    None
2013-12-13 03:46:33    2013-12-13 03:46:40    None

But I sure didn't request any audit.
Surely this is an automated system set of checks.

I am rather certain others will see this in their respective Balances Page soon too.

That's great!

Thanks Paul

Caveat emptor - let the buyer beware!
Speaker

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Veronica <333

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 05:15:49 PM

Why the hell is grandcoin gone without warning?
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 05:22:20 PM

be carefull with that kind of exchanges. i never traded there but heard that they had some problems. Fractional reserving is a no go. also try other exchanges (maybe better ones) like  www.coins-e.com

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: