Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:21:33 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: deleted by request  (Read 50559 times)
NeonRonin

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 06:35:36 PM

This thread is funny.  If you suspected Fraud from this company, your first step would be to file a criminal complaint with the police that would investigate and then refer the case to onward. 

Actually, that is not true. In the United States, Private Citizens must report Fraud to the Attorney Generals Office in their State. Local Police Office's can't even take a report in most cases, they can only refer you to the Attorney General.

Yes, you are right, but without going down the rat hole, it is unlikely that AG would do anything without guidance at the federal level and likely be FINCEN and also a Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).  This is why you go to a lawyer as your first step and gather any evidence and submit an online or telephone report. After the initial report is filed, you will then be asked to provide evidence which usually takes several days to weeks and would happen well before having the opportunity to meet an AG.  And you ALWAYS want a lawyer present, as you can and likely will, incriminate yourself in some fashion.
rix5

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 06:46:56 PM

why would you want to trade on an exchange where you can loose all your coins to a bug? I moved to coins-e, cryptotrade and bter. Cryptsy isn't fixing their bugs.
WillBit

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 06:53:18 PM

Why did you narc on cryptsy? Fuck you narc!

I hope they don't start fucking with usd.  Will invite too much additional bullshit and problems to the site.  Keep it crypto-only!
WillBit

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 06:56:56 PM

The owner/operator of Cryptsy is well known as he has repeatedly made it clear he is Paul Vernon from Del Ray Beach,Florida. Cryptsy is registered as a business with the State Florida. As such it makes it very easy to file complaints with the State of Florida over the issues we are having. Cryptsy is in the mid process of filing all the needed applications to enter into a USD market. The last thing they need are multiple complaints about financial mismanagement and issues right now as it would get them nixed pretty quickly. Florida is very aggressive on consumer issues like this and it doesn't matter if you reside outside the USA.

Paul Vernon himself, also know as BigVern needs to come in here and explain what is going on.  Not one of his "lackys" like BitJohn or pr9me but Paul Vernon himself.  I have a combined total of coins in limbo of about 63BTC. Enough is enough. Let us know what is going on or deal with the consequences.

What say you Paul Vernon?

UPDATE:

I took a day off on Thursday December 12th and drove up to Tallahassee to the Florida AG's Office. After about an hour lecture and introduction to Crypto for two Investigators and Assistant AG, I then showed them several exchanges and Cryptsy, who was operating inside the State of Florida. Excited wasn't the word, you would have thought it was Christmas in addition to their jaw's dropping when they saw the volume and the amount of unregulated $$$ flowing through Mr. Vernon's site. They were extremely concerned at the potential fraud that was happening and the theory of a possible multimillion dollar ponzi scheme just seemed to materialize out of thin air. While she said they couldn't determine "if anything was indeed amiss, they were certainly going to be talking to Mr. Vernon as well as contacting their Federal counterparts"

OP is a narc-ass bitch
adamb

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 07:20:43 PM

OP is trying to ruin the fun for all of us
rikkejohn

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 07:23:44 PM

To above,

Cryptsy isn't fun if you are getting screwed - yet again I have just had a debit land on my account, this time after doing the self-audit!

I've hardly any trades on the acconut and I'm suddenly minus a small amount of LTCs - how the f--- can that happen?

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
btcrich

Activity: 302

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 07:31:33 PM

why would you want to trade on an exchange where you can loose all your coins to a bug? I moved to coins-e, cryptotrade and bter. Cryptsy isn't fixing their bugs.

Coins-e?  Seriously? 
YoyodyneSystems
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:43:37 AM

Now they are holding deposits pending while the market crashes. I could have sold 5 hours ago.
So it's essentially confirmed they are using people's money to play the market.

They got caught in the down swing and now have frozen withdrawals.

So I lost a small fortune because of this.

There was a guy who did this before once. He is the guy that ran payment processing for adult sites all over the world.
He would lag on payouts for months while he used the money to play the markets. Christopher Mallick was the name. Paycom.

Exact same thing is going on here. I really liked the site and helped them earn some nice trade fees.
I supported them everywhere.
I guess this is the reward.

Stuff like this will kill this whole industry.
nastybit

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 12:19:41 PM

YoyodyneSystems I am sorry to hear that but you decided to use cryptsy knowing for many weeks that it's not working properly, trading engine is slow as hell and withdraws are blocked from time to time
For BTC and LTC there are other better and more reliable exchanges.
If you are long in alts, well.. higher risks > higher rewards, not always :-)
Slingshot

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:21:55 PM

Once the dust settles from the current crash companies like Cryptsy will probably get a little breathing room as volumes decrease. Of course it may get worse in the short term as people panic and try to get into fiat as fast as possible.

First my sympathies towards everyone that believes they have been victimized.

Second my sympathies towards Cryptsy whom most here believe are ethically trying, but obviously overwhelmed at the very least.

But...:

I don't trust the motivations of someone (the OP) that is also clamoring for another Exchange, an extremely shady one, to reopen, in another thread here at bitcointalk.org !

Does the OP have a position in the profits by way of profit shares or whatever, at that other Exchange still closed Huh

Caveat emptor - let the buyer beware!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=373333.msg4025652#msg4025652
Slingshot

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:44:43 PM

Just hold all your coins till mcxNOW comes back online with v3!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345627.msg3748747#msg3748747
[/quote]
Slingshot

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:45:35 PM

The bad news for Tradehill is that they are based out of San Francisco. Being based out of the USA is a huge liability that no serious investor is willing to take. If the US Government decides they want to freeze Tradehill, it is as simple as phone call and quick orders from the court to the bank.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=52382.msg631163#msg631163

[/quote]
OrphanedGland

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 03:53:50 PM

Cryptsy has screwed up my balance (now negative for one currency instead of 0).  I created a support ticket, and they claimed the error had been fixed.  I replied them letting me know the problem had not been fixed.  Now the ticket is closed and no closer to getting a resolution.  My funds are now in limbo as I can't withdraw.  Not complaining, just saying the software is broken and they aren't handling things very well.
WillBit

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 09:35:16 PM

I had 0 bitcoin balance and 21000 zetacoin balance.

I did a trade to sell 3000 zetacoin.

After the trade my zetacoin balance goes to -5000 and my bitcoin balance goes to 1.25.

Self-audit is not correcting the situation.

I put in a support ticket and won't be trading anymore until it's fixed.

This doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in cryptsy.  Seems like the balances are just a number on the screen. Who's to say they actually have enough coins to back 100% of balances at any given time?

I'll be slowly trasferring all the coins I can into personal wallets after this.  Only way to be sure I actually own the coins.
rix5

Activity: 271

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:54:49 AM

i deposited 10 uno and sold 11 - no negative balance now.

lol ... wtf?
NWO

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 01:49:47 AM

Every time I try and withdraw MNC, I get - Error: An Internal Error Has Occurred.

WTF? What the hell happened to this site. I have received no response from support.
Nanolucas

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 02:01:26 AM

Why are there so many people saying 'Cryptsy aren't responding to my support ticket'? How many support staff do you think they have?

They will be getting FLOODED with support tickets at the moment and each one just increases the backlog further.

They should definitely be making some sort of announcement to let people know what's going on, but there's no chance that responding to individual support tickets at the moment is particularly feasible.
BitcoinTate

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:02:29 AM

I can't withdraw any coins. They have been pending for 2 days. I had a negative balance. Filled 5 support tickets. No response. This is bullshit. Craptsy needs to stop trading, fix their shit or get out of the Crypto market.

- aka The "DigiMan"
traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:17:57 AM

Cryptsy just added Dogecoin and whole bunch of different coins, HAHAHAHA. I honestly don't know what to think anymore.
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:55:38 AM

I can't withdraw any coins. They have been pending for 2 days. I had a negative balance. Filled 5 support tickets. No response. This is bullshit. Craptsy needs to stop trading, fix their shit or get out of the Crypto market.

I have worked in support.  If you have 5 support tickets, you are taking more than 5 times the time it takes to handle 1 ticket.  It will work better for you, and for everyone, if you file one with the detail.  "something is wrong" is not enough detail.  Then quit and wait. 

If you try to apply more pressure, they will respond by becoming more defensive, and not by fixing the problem.  It hurts everyone for you to put many support tickets in.  Don't do it.

I try to be respectful and informed.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: