Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:30:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: deleted by request  (Read 50557 times)
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 06:07:31 PM

Crypsty has issues, but nothing that requires running to the Gov't. They are (until proven otherwise) a top-tier exchange and one of the only ones where your funds are probably safe, compared to ~98% of the other options.

Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 03:06:06 AM

Crypsty has issues, but nothing that requires running to the Gov't. They are (until proven otherwise) a top-tier exchange and one of the only ones where your funds are probably safe, compared to ~98% of the other options.

Really ? These people do not give a flying fuck about us.

If this is allowed to happen, what else will we learn if/when they get audited ?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=310335.msg4878420#msg4878420

Horus (cryptsy admin), aka. Jdtmp4 (crypty's troll box hobo)
I am a Cryptsy admin now.

lolz if Horus is BigVern and/or BitJohn.

BitJohn

Activity: 826

@Bit_John

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:22:20 AM

If this is allowed to happen, what else will we learn if/when they get audited ?

All different folks drive on down to Florida pop into the office and visit the other 30 employees Smiley Really pretty simply. We are the only exchange that is public and accessible in the scene really so trying to make us anonymous is well silly really.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:26:58 AM

Really ? These people do not give a flying fuck about us....

Really?
If you want/need people to pretend to care about you, then why not donate to your local sleaze-bag politician?
Some of Cryptsy's issues are related to fast growth, and others come from less than perfect site design........lol?

They have responded to every ticket I ever needed to create, and (like it or not) they are currently one of the very best BTC exchanges.

Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 02:10:54 PM

All different folks drive on down to Florida pop into the office and visit the other 30 employees Smiley Really pretty simply. We are the only exchange that is public and accessible in the scene really so trying to make us anonymous is well silly really.

Please explain why Horus' puppet show was allowed to go on as it did. Could it be because you had something to gain ? Or were you simply amused at how easy it is to fool and manipulate people ?

Btw, I'm still waiting for some answers regarding the 42coin deposit that magically tripled itself.

jjdub7

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:33:42 PM

I had to reset my password to enable 2FA today, and when I tried to withdraw the funds I'd sent via block #309615, the transaction never confirmed and just stayed at "pending" - despite the fact that it had only been 14 blocks since my deposit.  I contacted Cryptsy support to find that they locked my account for 24 hours due to the password change, despite the fact that nowhere on the site does it say this is the site policy.

I offered to supply all the necessary documentation required to prove my identity, but all I received was a curt "sorry, there's nothing we can do."

In a post-Gox world, you'd better do a hell of a lot more than that to prove your solvency.  So I also filed a report with the Florida attorney general's office because fuck this shit, I am not playing cute little games with these exchanges anymore.
A 24 hour password reset freeze is a good security measure. We are not the only exchange to employ it. Not sure what that has to do with this thread anyhow. Let me get this straight you are "filing a complaint" because we locked your funds for 24 hours for diligence? My bank once held funds for 45 days..... Best of luck to you.

The problem occurs when the first mention of it is in the fine print of the reset email rather than literally anywhere else on the actual website.  Clear communication is and will always be a leading practice in business.

For example, saying "there's nothing we can do because we think you're a hacker" conveys a different message than "sorry, there's nothing we can do because our automated system server-side encrypts your wallet's private key when you change your password"...

Don't underestimate your customer base.  We use cryptocurrencies because we like the long-winded, technical explanation.

Bumped, Cryptsy sent out tx - https://blockchain.info/tx/4b4ef2ed8c0a061a44230314db970e1d64365125222b55f157ca9b508845c834

My apologies for the doubt, I jumped the gun.  I was wrong.  That being said, does Cryptsy have a salt-based solvency proof?
Yuzu

Activity: 368
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 04:10:27 PM

I got my tx, too.  Thank you, Cryptsy!  I would urge, though, in the future, you want to pay really close attention to support tickets as they come in.  Especially now that you're dealing with USD.  A support ticket should get an automated response within 24 hours and some sort of human response within 48 hours (even if it's "we're still working on this problem").  Good luck!
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 06:00:38 PM

That being said, does Cryptsy have a salt-based solvency proof?

What is a salt based solvency proof? Did you just make that term up on the fly? Cryptsy is solvent. They have employees running to and from 3 different banks all day getting funds out and in to cold storage. I've seen proof.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
jjdub7

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 06:06:57 PM

What is a salt based solvency proof? Did you just make that term up on the fly? Cryptsy is solvent. They have employees running to and from 3 different banks all day getting funds out and in to cold storage. I've seen proof.

Yep, didn't look up the actual terms (Salt-hashed identifiers with a merkle tree-based proof schematic).

http://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/23m3xg/vault_of_satoshi_launches_full_public_proof_of/

(yes, Reddit)
rtr4

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 07:27:04 AM

I have opened a ticket more then Month and around 2 week and after a Month the guy who supposed to be responsible for the ticket asked me if the problem been solved. WTF!! One time i managed to get a customer service representative to chat send them again all the info they wanted, they promised to look into it and you can guess what happened. Absolutely nothing. I have never seen so bad customer service.
My money still missing and no one give .... in cryptsy about it.
If any of you have idea what legal steps i can take against i would be thankful.
In my eyes at this moment they are thieves i will try contact Attorney general in my state but not sure if it helps.
If any of you have idea what legal steps i can take against i would be thankful.
TheTruthHurtsDoesntIt

Activity: 15

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:39:57 AM

I think the hobo is a system admin or such.

How embarrassing and what a fucking joke!!!

Just remember people a sex shop, troll box scab is now in charge of systems at Cryptsy.

nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 06:33:33 AM

Anybody else getting '500 - Internal Server Error' message for cryptsy?

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 07:35:01 AM

pictures or it didn't happen..

and hey who is doing this when BitJohn is spending months in Iraq fighting towel heads with the army ?
I know he has said he has been deployed lots and disappeared at the same time for many months at a time.
And i also recall hearing about how this or that guy has no access to things.. hmmmm conspiracy ?
why is it that BigVern is the most quiet guy around ?
Your more likely to hear from Satoshi himself LOL

Are they solvent ? in reality i have no way to know for sure.
my instinct tells me yes they are (i am defending them)
and when Gox went down they posted a blog story on the Cryptsy Blog (i can't find it last time i looked)
That went on to explain a *little about how they operate in comparison to how BitJohn perceived Gox was operating.

End of the day though i have no clue either way.. i have always taken their word for it.
But their word has meant less and less to me over time.
You just can't have all the *older staff wrapped up in bullshit so much and not get suspicious.

I've gone to great lengths to explain in incredible detail story after story showcasing their crap stunts so if your dumb then drown..
I'm done caring really.

this is Gox all over again.. the place pulls stupid stunt after stunt with it's customers while cheerleaders defend them.. just like Gox !

FUD first & ask questions later™
Viscis

Activity: 15

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:27:29 AM

Anybody else getting '500 - Internal Server Error' message for cryptsy?

Twitter reports they are doing some maintenance.
BBmodBB

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

BTC = FREEDOM IS OUR ONLY HOPE!

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 03:35:33 PM

bwaahahahahaha^^^^  Cheesy   i know right!!!

*BTCitcoin Wales Club*-- message me for details!--///\\\TELEKINETICS///\\can manipulate objects with their mind. Telekinesis is one of the basis of many superpowers that are based on "controlling/manipulating", it may evolve to the point that a Telekinetic can control anything at a subatomic level.
Coingrab

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Got to get them all!

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:07:41 PM

It seems it is down.  Huh

magcoin-crypto

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:48:44 PM

pictures or it didn't happen..

and hey who is doing this when BitJohn is spending months in Iraq fighting towel heads with the army ?
I know he has said he has been deployed lots and disappeared at the same time for many months at a time.
And i also recall hearing about how this or that guy has no access to things.. hmmmm conspiracy ?
why is it that BigVern is the most quiet guy around ?
Your more likely to hear from Satoshi himself LOL

Are they solvent ? in reality i have no way to know for sure.
my instinct tells me yes they are (i am defending them)
and when Gox went down they posted a blog story on the Cryptsy Blog (i can't find it last time i looked)
That went on to explain a *little about how they operate in comparison to how BitJohn perceived Gox was operating.

End of the day though i have no clue either way.. i have always taken their word for it.
But their word has meant less and less to me over time.
You just can't have all the *older staff wrapped up in bullshit so much and not get suspicious.

I've gone to great lengths to explain in incredible detail story after story showcasing their crap stunts so if your dumb then drown..
I'm done caring really.

this is Gox all over again.. the place pulls stupid stunt after stunt with it's customers while cheerleaders defend them.. just like Gox !

Like that guy said earlier, though -- this is a great opportunity to right a wrong, and subsequently gain a lot of people's trust. I knew a coin dev that fucked up his launch due to an unpatched bug that some linux users patched on their own (and thus got a head start on mining). However, upon fixing everything and having the privileged miners donate to those who missed out, things played out well.

All I'm saying is, give it some time and things may turn out better than expected Smiley
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 06:07:04 PM

Spoetnik, c'mon man. you're not even trying anymore. Big Vern programmed atari's at 12 years old. He's one of, if not the most highly recommended Ecommerce web developers in the game. he has thousands of recommendations on LinkedIn. Mention his name as a reference in a job interview = you get a job. Dude is more important than you will ever be, and he's a damn good developer. FWIW, he's also pretty cool once you get to know him, and he gives solid advice.

Am i cheerleading? Nope. I don't like some things they've done in the past, and you can ask any employee @ cryptsy i'm very vocal in airing a complaint, i just don't do it on the forum which is what a child does for attention. I contact the person directly and handle it. I told vern hey, i don't like xyz, or hey i think you should change the way xyz works. it would be more efficient. or hey xyz sometimes shows xyz message when condition w is met. the customer should never see that message.

I do have an outstanding complaint about a feature of the site, and i will not comment about it publicly but at the time of this writing it hasn't been fixed yet. i would consider it mission critical, and i've reported it, but you know, its whatever at this point.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
BBmodBB

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

BTC = FREEDOM IS OUR ONLY HOPE!

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 10:50:24 PM

Spoetnik, c'mon man. you're not even trying anymore. Big Vern programmed atari's at 12 years old. He's one of, if not the most highly recommended Ecommerce web developers in the game. he has thousands of recommendations on LinkedIn. Mention his name as a reference in a job interview = you get a job. Dude is more important than you will ever be, and he's a damn good developer. FWIW, he's also pretty cool once you get to know him, and he gives solid advice.

Am i cheerleading? Nope. I don't like some things they've done in the past, and you can ask any employee @ cryptsy i'm very vocal in airing a complaint, i just don't do it on the forum which is what a child does for attention. I contact the person directly and handle it. I told vern hey, i don't like xyz, or hey i think you should change the way xyz works. it would be more efficient. or hey xyz sometimes shows xyz message when condition w is met. the customer should never see that message.

I do have an outstanding complaint about a feature of the site, and i will not comment about it publicly but at the time of this writing it hasn't been fixed yet. i would consider it mission critical, and i've reported it, but you know, its whatever at this point.

if this is true then i'm shocked he has gone out of the way to perpetuate a site that is full of known bugs and glitches!!!  Roll Eyes

*BTCitcoin Wales Club*-- message me for details!--///\\\TELEKINETICS///\\can manipulate objects with their mind. Telekinesis is one of the basis of many superpowers that are based on "controlling/manipulating", it may evolve to the point that a Telekinetic can control anything at a subatomic level.
magcoin-crypto

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:06:30 AM

if this is true then i'm shocked he has gone out of the way to perpetuate a site that is full of known bugs and glitches!!!  Roll Eyes

Bugs and glitches can happen to anyone, though -- careless mistakes are very much a part of being human, and hence I think jumping to conclusions isn't really a responsible thing to do :/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: