Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:41:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why didn't you sell?  (Read 13304 times)
pand70

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 04:47:14 AM

So did you guys sell this time?  Roll Eyes

I think you should wait a little more before start yelling "i told you so".

"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JayB (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 04:48:23 AM

Why wait?

I don't get it....
Automatic

Activity: 238
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 04:50:10 AM

Because I simply don't care enough. I bought into BTC when they were $13 each because they were a cool concept, not because I wanted to make money. I still stick to my guns now.

Please ask for a signed message from my on-site Bitcoin address (Check my profile) before doing any offsite trades with me.
JayB (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 04:52:59 AM

Because I simply don't care enough. I bought into BTC when they were $13 each because they were a cool concept, not because I wanted to make money. I still stick to my guns now.

It's not money you'd be making...it's Bitcoins  Roll Eyes

And coincidentally it just happens that Bitcoins are treated like money....  Roll Eyes
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:06:10 AM

So did you guys sell this time?  Roll Eyes

I sold half my stake after BTC broke through resistance @ 835 or so.  Now I have the problem of finding the right point to reenter.

You're going to get shit (and you should) for starting back again after a big drop.  If you had come in to ask if we planned to sell sometime before noon EST then it would be different.

Just to show my money is where my mouth is... here is ONE of my swept cold wallets shipped to Gox this AM at 11am my time.  I sold at $830.

http://blockchain.info/tx/755d5849b5ff50174372378e71e96b941f7f2fb94147e4dfb7bc4c43df912065

That one was worth 13kUSD.

Now... you gonna start trading and predicting the market?  Or are you going to just keep asking after big moves?

PS... feel free to send donations to my Gox wallet. Smiley  1NsYQkL4ph4L7GbysvUp6Zd9e8a9m22jVT
JayB (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:11:53 AM

I sold half my stake after BTC broke through resistance @ 835 or so.  Now I have the problem of finding the right point to reenter.

You're going to get shit (and you should) for starting back again after a big drop.  If you had come in to ask if we planned to sell sometime before noon EST then it would be different.

Just to show my money is where my mouth is... here is ONE of my swept cold wallets shipped to Gox this AM at 11am my time.  I sold at $830.

https://blockchain.info/tx/755d5849b5ff50174372378e71e96b941f7f2fb94147e4dfb7bc4c43df912065

That one was worth 13kUSD.

Now... you gonna start trading and predicting the market?  Or are you going to just keep asking after big moves?

PS... feel free to send donations to my Gox wallet. Smiley  1NsYQkL4ph4L7GbysvUp6Zd9e8a9m22jVT

Dude I don't constantly follow Bitcoin news. Actually I just knew about what happened 10 minutes ago, and saw that the price moved in a way that is very similar to the last move and which I would've predicted.

I won't buy any Bitcoins anytime soon. But you're welcome to donate from the gains you'd be making by actively trading  Tongue
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:18:05 AM

Dude I don't constantly follow Bitcoin news. Actually I just knew about what happened 10 minutes ago, and saw that the price moved in a way that is very similar to the last move and which I would've predicted.

I won't buy any Bitcoins anytime soon. But you're welcome to donate from the gains you'd be making by actively trading  Tongue

My gains are all in USD now.  All my other coins will stay in deep deep cold lockup until they are either worthless or my life savings.

Now I have to stay glued to charts drawing triangles and waiting for moves so I can know when to start buying back my coins.  If my targets work I will be up 25 coins or so by the end.

I do not like trading much but the technical stuff is too strong ATM.
JayB (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:28:56 AM

My gains are all in USD now.  All my other coins will stay in deep deep cold lockup until they are either worthless or my life savings.

Now I have to stay glued to charts drawing triangles and waiting for moves so I can know when to start buying back my coins.  If my targets work I will be up 25 coins or so by the end.

Well good luck with that.

I believe it'll be worth it as long as Bitcoin is this volatile. Maybe some day active trading will cease becoming attractive but I suggest you take advantage of it while it last.

I believe "Facts" (as opposed to just analysis) as a result of announcements is the way to make money out of it. Facts are facts...and as long as it's clear whether the facts are negative or positive news, it'll be easy to predict the direction of Bitcoins value as a reaction to those news. And since its too volatile ATM, it should be fairly easy to make decent profits, even if your timing was not 100% accurate (Margin of error is wide in such cases)...
pand70

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 06:45:06 AM

Why wait?

I don't get it....

Wait for the rumor to confirm at least... And so far it isn't confirmed.

fluidjax

Activity: 750
Merit: 601

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 08:55:36 AM

@JayB, did you trade this dip?
Did you get out in time or get trapped?
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 09:22:54 AM

"Did you troll this dip?" Might be a better question Wink

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 09:39:04 AM

Because the dip is over? For all i know we are still swinging...
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 09:56:44 AM

Why would you sit on your Bitcoin ? It is boring.

I re-invest 100% of my Bitcoins.
JayB (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 12:07:51 PM

"Did you troll this dip?" Might be a better question Wink

Look I'm giving you sincere advice backed by solid arguments.

If you don't want to take advantage of it that's your problem. At least let others do

BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 03:54:23 PM

Did you buy any bitcoins yet?  Still waiting.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 04:00:41 PM

1, & 3, mostly 3.

and on top of that, i was buying some of the coins poeple sold.  Cool

Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:22:49 PM

I believe it'll be worth it as long as Bitcoin is this volatile. Maybe some day active trading will cease becoming attractive but I suggest you take advantage of it while it last.

I believe "Facts" (as opposed to just analysis) as a result of announcements is the way to make money out of it. Facts are facts...and as long as it's clear whether the facts are negative or positive news, it'll be easy to predict the direction of Bitcoins value as a reaction to those news. And since its too volatile ATM, it should be fairly easy to make decent profits, even if your timing was not 100% accurate (Margin of error is wide in such cases)...

You just have demonstrated again that you are a clueless troll.

If it is so easy to trade based on "facts" why aren't you filthy rich?

Both the stock market and Bitcoin are full of "facts". But anybody with half a brain knows that markets are irrational.

You, sir, are a pitiful troll looking for attention. Probably butthurt because you didn't buy BTC at single digits.

Sorry for that, move on.

dg2010

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:30:41 PM

I did sell this time, but re bought too early. With all these bulltraps and manipulations its not easy at all to call the correct bottom. When the choice comes to buying back with the small profit or being more greedy and waiting for a bigger drop but risking being left behind - making correct choice is only easy in high sight

Are you day trading or looking for a more medium term profit?

Trying to call the bottom is a waste of time, what you need to consider is whether the price will go above your buy in at any point in the short/medium term. That is the only question you need. Calling the bottom is a fluke and will just distract you.

I am doing a mix of both, I like to pick up on day trade profits, so far today has been rather good. People simply can't make their minds up. Meanwhile I am also confident that long term BTC will be trading above $1000 within the next 8-12 months, so $500 is still a good price to be buying at.
JayB (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:20:54 PM

I won't buy any Bitcoins anytime soon. But you're welcome to donate from the gains you'd be making by actively trading  Tongue

My gains are all in USD now.  All my other coins will stay in deep deep cold lockup until they are either worthless or my life savings.

Now I have to stay glued to charts drawing triangles and waiting for moves so I can know when to start buying back my coins.  If my targets work I will be up 25 coins or so by the end.

You just have demonstrated again that you are a clueless troll.

If it is so easy to trade based on "facts" why aren't you filthy rich?

Both the stock market and Bitcoin are full of "facts". But anybody with half a brain knows that markets are irrational.

You, sir, are a pitiful troll looking for attention. Probably butthurt because you didn't buy BTC at single digits.

Sorry for that, move on.

When will your peanut-sized brain understand that the Bitcoin market does not currently behave in as a complicated way as the stock market?

The stock market is a complex system that has much more variables at play than that of Bitcoin, which is governed by fewer variables making it easier (much easier in fact) to predict.

So while the value of an S&P 500 company might be subject to 100 different variables (having strong correlation with), Bitcoin might only have 4 or 5 of those variables (just to illustrate my point).

That was point number 1.

And point number 2 says the following: Facts are different than analysis, in that facts are events that already happened. FACTS are not just speculations, FACTS have a more predictable effect on the movement of things that belongs to its direct (then indirect) ecosystem. Cause-effect, ever heard of it, you dimwit?

So for example if a company has 80% of its expenses as oil (FACT) and if oil price went up by 100% in a single day (another FACT) then you'd expect the stock of that company to go down (cause-effect). How hard would it be to predict that? (I'm not sure how hard it would be for your mediocre brain but for anything below an IQ or 30 it's pretty straight forward)

I agree Cause-effect might be harder to predict in complex systems but easier in emerging, non-mature, less-complex systems like that of Bitcoin.

Now if I ask a person with an IQ above 30 what he thinks will happen to the value of a Bitcoin (given it's current state) if FACTS say that it's been given negative news in a country like China (where it had one of the biggest market share concentration)...then clearly the person above the IQ of 30 will predict that Bitcoin will go down in value.

But it seems you still have a long way to go before you reach that level of intelligence.

Now do me a favor and read all my previous comments before you come here and start trolling like a stupid maniac because I've already answered concerned similar to the ones you raised and I hate to always repeat myself.

P_Shep
Legendary

Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198

This is not OK.

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:23:43 PM

I didn't sell because I'm hodling.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: