Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:57:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 [1107] 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 ... 1548 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DOGE] Dogecoin - very currency many coin - v1.10.0  (Read 3097697 times)
C10H15N

Activity: 811
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 03:34:54 PM

lol - great marketing!   Grin

Bitcoin is that like Dogecoin?

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
luckygenough56
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 03:46:19 PM

McShibe haha. Nice one Smiley
rnicoll

Activity: 199
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 05:48:40 PM

If anyone needs a DOGE project that could really make a difference I still have www.DogecoinFoundation.com & several others for sale Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=376726.msg4034737#msg4034737
How dare you sell DogecoinFoundation.com!! Shocked Huh?!!!?? That's the rightful property of the Dogecoin Foundation, not you! Better shut up before they sue your ass for it, you greedy and ungrateful bastard.

Fuck Reddit.

No it is not. And they can't sue him for that either.
The domain is owned by the one that bought it until a judge migth change that in case of copyright and other infringement.
Not the case here.

Fairly certain he's just trolling. Certainly if we were going to start picking fights over domain names, we'd start with dogecoin.org.

Dogecoin Core developer, ex-researcher, trader.

Unless stated otherwise, opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect that of other Dogecoin developers.
rnicoll

Activity: 199
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 05:50:07 PM

Based on what?
Do you have a clue about the rules and the TOS of ICANN ?

Secondary , what is the legal status of the dogecoin foundation? Crickets?

AFAIK the Dogecoin Foundation is a legally registered entity, although I'm not part of it so that's simply my understanding of the situation when it was being set up.

Dogecoin Core developer, ex-researcher, trader.

Unless stated otherwise, opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect that of other Dogecoin developers.
Bitcoins101

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:31:34 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2014, 07:11:36 AM by Bitcoins101

I'm actually just making fun of the response he got from Redditors when he tried to sell it on /r/Dogecoin. That's why I said "Fuck Reddit" - Reddit is filled to the brim with hypocritical, anti-capitalistic sheep. What do you think happens when the content you see is based upon what everyone else likes? Everyone starts thinking the exact same way.

There are only two websites on the Internet I really have a problem with: Reddit and Wikipedia. Reddit because of its hypocritical group-think and poor advertising model and Wikipedia because it hogs the top of every search result, requests donations instead of just serving ads like every other website (and hence wasting its contributors' money), and hurts small businesses/websites tremendously. Wikipedia killed all the small websites about specific topics from real enthusiasts which were so popular back in the day. If they're going to hurt the small guy, at least make money off of it, rather than pretending to be some sort of philanthropic non-profit.

C10H15N

Activity: 811
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 11:21:43 PM

...what is the legal status of the dogecoin foundation? Crickets?

Such Wow, Many Work, Very Foundation

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1242

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 11:26:36 PM

Secondary , what is the legal status of the dogecoin foundation? Crickets?

I'm trademarking my DogecoinFoundation.com, so no one can take my damn domain that I came up with the idea first!

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
YoyodyneSystems
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 07:17:02 AM

It's time to double up again soon.
Prepare for the volume to get sucked out of all the other Alts just like last Sunday.

Round two. Ding.. ding ..ding.
Bitcycle

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 07:20:55 AM

Prepare for the volume to get sucked out of all the other Alts just like last Sunday.

It's definitely possible.  Not counting on it yet, but I'm watching for it.
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 07:21:48 AM

It's definitely possible.  Not counting on it yet, but I'm watching for it.

Miners and difficulty on dogepool quadrupled over the last few days.. much wow Smiley

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
binary_tree

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 07:26:25 AM

Doge fans have earned a lot recently  Grin

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 07:48:49 AM

WOW!

I have to admit that one was a bit surprising to me
Although I wonder what the other two were about
Garden of Children hmm guess I'll look them up as well.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
niothor

Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 10:41:13 AM

Looking on the 150% gains in 30 days I was amazed that some other alts went up the same time.
Yet bitcoin is going down right now , so prepare for a down-slide on all fronts if things go bad in bitcoin land.

But , I won't sell even one dogetoshi.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1242

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 10:46:18 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2014, 11:13:09 AM by BayAreaCoins

I'm actually just making fun of the response he got from Redditors when he tried to sell it on /r/Dogecoin. That's why I said "Fuck Reddit" - Reddit is filled to the brim with hypocritical, anti-capitalistic sheep. What do you think happens when the content you see is based upon what everyone else likes? Everyone starts thinking the exact same way.

There are only two websites on the Internet I really have a problem with: Reddit and Wikipedia. Reddit because of its hypocritical group-think and poor advertising model and Wikipedia because it hogs the top of every search result, requests donations instead of just serving ads like every other website (and hence wasting its contributors' money), and hurts small businesses/websites tremendously. Wikipedia killed all the small websites about specific topics from real enthusiasts which were so popular back in the day. If they're going to hurt the small guy, at least make money off of it, rather than pretending to be some sort of philanthropic non-profit.

haha I got your humor Cheesy Fuck Reddit! (check dogecoinfoundation.com now Tongue)

95% trollin & 5% sales pitch! I really do think it is a killer domain and I had the idea far before the DOGE foundation today.  I even offered to them, but for whatever reason they didn't want it!

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 10:49:41 AM

But , I won't sell even one dogetoshi.

Right on, shibe, haha!
Bitcoins101

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:44:26 PM

haha I got your humor Cheesy Fuck Reddit!

95% trollin & 5% sales pitch! I really do think it is a killer domain and I had the idea far before the DOGE foundation today.  I even offered to them, but for whatever reason they didn't want it!
The Dogecoin community in December and the Dogecoin community now is just....different. It has bore no resemblance to the original community ever since the Wolong pump. December people (who didn't cash out immediately when it hit Cryptsy....for whatever reason, like in my case, their stinkin' deposit lag) either cashed out during Wolong pump (or waited a couple months afterwards for it to drift down to like 75 before dumping it...that would be me) or cashed out before the pump when it was slumping, causing a personal aversion to the coin when the price shot up higher than ever before.

Everyone was effectively filtered out.

Then, the whole Josh Wise fiasco.

Some weird new site which wasn't really around back when Dogecoin started essentially funds a race for him, gets the entire subreddit to be their best friends, and proceeds to make Dogecoin = Josh Wise and Josh Wise = Dogecoin. (And Moolah = god, of course.) The price becomes tied to Josh Wise and it's all people care about anymore.

Then, all the "shipes" on /r/Dogecoin work their ass off for a month to win some stupid award, burning themselves out. When that All Star race happened Dogecoin was at 100. A little while later, it started plummeting (which was when I sold) because there was nothing left. Josh Wise wasn't going to be in representing Dogecoin in races anymore thanks to immature shipes who were trying to seem mature by saying stuff like, "we need to work on improving Dogecoin and its use, rather than spending all of our time on Nascar." Unfortunately, they didn't realize that it was too late (and that use has never been an issue with Dogecoin - it had more transaction number volume than bitcoin and litecoin put together back in December) - by that time, most of the Dogecoin community didn't know a Dogecoin without Josh Wise. He was the face of the brand and it devastated the community when everything died down. It's kind of like how by 2036, the majority of Americans will be too young to remember 9/11 - the Dogecoin community at that point was too young to remember a time back when Dogecoin wasn't about Josh Wise.

Who ruined Dogecoin? The very people that shipes consider their heroes. The devs and everyone involved in Doge 4 Nascar.

How is that relevant to DogecoinFoundation.com? Well, I tried to register it back then, but some asshole had already taken it. I'm pretty sure DogecoinFoundation.org was available, though...

I miss the 3-week period of time when doges.org was a cool site and the go-to place. When miners were mining a few million per day with a couple $200 video cards. When people with 15 posts who joined 2 1/2 days ago were considered long-time members and less likely to scam than the people who joined a half-hour prior to posting a trade request for $2K. When I got flat out scammed on my second transaction with some miner for 6 million DOGE, but still made money on our trades together overall. When some guy spent 15 minutes creating a tipbot for a 10 million DOGE bounty. (Subsequently becoming an important figure in the community that people looked up to for some reason, despite never doing anything other than being like an hour faster than the next guy in building a a simple tipbot.) When the price was 30% more on the forum and 300% more on eBay than CoinedUp. When CoinedUp went all the way up to 89 satoshis and right back down to 30, even before it ever hit Cryptsy. When it hit Crypsty and it took 2 days for my deposit to confirm, thanks to a Cryptsy issue. When that subsequently cost me so much money due to provable and documented chain reactions that no one would ever believe me - that has a negative nostalgic factor of course, though.

I know the feelings I have regarding Dogecoin are the same feelings that Bitcoin people from the early days have regarding Bitcoin. They must feel so out of place talking with people who have only been in cryptocurrencies for the past year or two, let alone a few months. I felt out of place in the Dogecoin community in March, and especially now in September. I have never had anything in common with anyone in the community, but now I can barely even relate.

This is why it particularly bugs me when a bunch of shipes from Reddit got on BAC's case for trying to sell DogecoinFoundation.com. He has more right to that domain name than the Dogecoin Foundation ever will. He was there when it started, he was there on doges.org, he was here on this thread 8 months ago arguing the same damn point about the ridiculous never-ending coinflation (which didn't even exist when the coin was created, by the way).....it's his fucking domain name.

You can add dogecoinfoundation.org and bitcoinfoundation.org to the list of websites I really hate.

devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:51:03 PM

@Bitcoins101,

you've just told the story of Dogecoin's pre-historic days. The new era of Dogecoin has just started. Watch closely, historian shibe, you'll need to record all events as they exactly unfold for future shibe generations, haha Grin
sucksyd

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:51:57 PM

doge puzzles me a lot.weak future has pushed doge and lite to integrate into one huge community and currently dogeparty has launched with less supports from investors .hardly do i know why doge has gone rocket except for being pushed by chinese money.
Bitcoins101

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:58:19 PM

doge puzzles me a lot.weak future has pushed doge and lite to integrate into one huge community and currently dogeparty has launched with less supports from investors .hardly do i know why doge has gone rocket except for being pushed by chinese money.
Because despite all its shortcomings, people actually use it. That and pumps.

Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:12:19 PM

Because despite all its shortcomings, people actually use it. That and pumps.

Yep.  Take 100 other coins from the ANN section.  Add up all the people actually using those coins. 

It's still less than the number of people using Dogecoin.

Pages: « 1 ... 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 [1107] 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 ... 1548 »
  Print  

Jump to: