Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:07:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is cryptsy.com scamming us out of our hard earned coins?
Yes, I will never use them again - 65 (30.4%)
NO!, I still believe in cryptsy.com - 66 (30.8%)
Please cryptsy.com dont let us down Sad - 83 (38.8%)
Total Voters: 214

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: (Warning) Whats going on with cryptsy.com every one is losing there coins  (Read 14321 times)
bsnmine

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:55:52 PM

Not for any reason other than to throw a contrary opinion in here, I've been using Cryptsy since it's inception. No affiliation with the site other than a user. While there were some issues with LKY for a while, and some major timeout/page-load problems (which seem to have ceased since the redesign and maybe some new hardware), I havent had a single major problem that wasnt satisfactorily resolved.  Haven't lost any coins (haven't had any mystery 60BTC deposit either)I think, credit where credit's due, it's not a bad site. Problems? Yes. Being worked on? So it seems. Kudos to Vern from a pretty satisfied customer. You may now resume your regularly scheduled bashing. Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ManicMeddler

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:43:18 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2013, 01:11:09 AM by ManicMeddler

Not for any reason other than to throw a contrary opinion in here, I've been using Cryptsy since it's inception. No affiliation with the site other than a user. While there were some issues with LKY for a while, and some major timeout/page-load problems (which seem to have ceased since the redesign and maybe some new hardware), I havent had a single major problem that wasnt satisfactorily resolved.  Haven't lost any coins (haven't had any mystery 60BTC deposit either)I think, credit where credit's due, it's not a bad site. Problems? Yes. Being worked on? So it seems. Kudos to Vern from a pretty satisfied customer. You may now resume your regularly scheduled bashing. Wink

i hear you and am glad you have had no problems Smiley

but me and this hoard: https://twitter.com/search?q=cryptsy&f=realtime are having a living nightmare trying to retrieve our coin

**RESOLVED** by BitJohn Smiley x 1,000,000,000

ManicMeddler

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 12:39:44 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2013, 11:49:36 PM by ManicMeddler

FAITH IN CRYPTSY RESTORED BitJohn fixed me up and sorted it, been a long slog, but it paid off Smiley

Jamievs

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 12:43:45 PM

At least I'm not the only one who has negative balances  Roll Eyes
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 02:38:19 PM

Yo Mullick you might want to remove the "Inputs.io - instant bitcoin payments & secure wallet" from your signature  Wink

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

ManicMeddler

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:50:15 PM

At least I'm not the only one who has negative balances  Roll Eyes

restored by BitJohn wow, i am sooooo relieved Smiley

best approach is irc support channel http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=%23Cryptsy_support best of luck guys

LittleD (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 12:56:37 AM

Yo Mullick you might want to remove the "Inputs.io - instant bitcoin payments & secure wallet" from your signature  Wink

Yeah I was wandering about that too Huh  Shocked Shocked Shocked Tongue

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=11253 ~ StayFocus!
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 03:00:27 AM

Cryptsy is buggy as hell right now but they are light years ahead of everyone else on the support side.  I think that will make all of the difference long term.  If they can fix the technical stuff they will dominate the exchange business.  Meanwhile though, kind of unusable.  Vern get back from Vegas and fix that ish!
jdarta

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 03:04:27 PM

At least I'm not the only one who has negative balances  Roll Eyes

restored by BitJohn wow, i am sooooo relieved Smiley

best approach is irc support channel http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=%23Cryptsy_support best of luck guys

still having issues with negative balances and order placement. I can't trade for over 24h now... :/

BitJohn is look at this i think, got a email from him. Maybe it will be resolved soon...
ManicMeddler

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 09:39:14 PM

you need to hound them constantly on #cryptsy_support irc channel, and i mean CONSTANTLY

jdarta

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:39:39 PM

you need to hound them constantly on #cryptsy_support irc channel, and i mean CONSTANTLY

BitJohn just solved my problems.
Now I can trade.

Confiance is restored.

Cryptsy support will answer to all your tickets, just a bit of patience required. Better later than never...

thanks BitJohn
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 07:30:47 PM

BitJohn just solved my problems.
Now I can trade.

Confiance is restored.

Cryptsy support will answer to all your tickets, just a bit of patience required. Better later than never...

thanks BitJohn

Thanks for the update!

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
huyha123

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 08:16:07 PM

want to share a great experience. my coins not refund after cancel sell order. here how I get the coins back.

"One little trick you might try is placing a very small order in the same coin pair for an amount that wont fill and cancelling it this forces an audit and may fix your issue. Try it on the buy and sell side might fix you right up."
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 09:26:01 PM

nothing works. my account is still FUBAR and I can't get my coins out of there
rikkejohn

Activity: 644

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 10:30:57 PM

Nothing has improved for me. I have negative balance on one coin and have had for days. On another coin I cancelled an order and the funds just did not reappear (a number of hours ago).

I had previous issues with another account when coins went missing and was told that it was the audit taking them because my balance was incorrect (10 litecoins or something too high!!). The same account also had issues with non-refunds of cancelled orders. I gave Cryptsy the benefit of the doubt on it being my imagination playing up. Now I'm not so sure.

The site is not working and it's getting worse.

Mullick and BitJohn have always been good at looking into things in the past. But to be honest, I don't think either of them can really be sure of anything themselves. The site cannot cope with the customer numbers and it has awful programming.

So I can't use Cryptsy until it is sorted out.

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 10:43:14 PM
Last edit: December 13, 2013, 10:56:53 PM by LittleD

Every one that uses cryptsy needs to make more noise (Tweeter, facebook, bitcointalk, an etc.) Poeple are lossing all of there coins. Warning STOP using cryptsy.com    >:(until they START fixing our issues!

LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 10:48:29 PM

Here's mullick's Trust rating, please feel free to rate them and make some noise on bitcointalk!, Sorry Cryptsy/mullick but enough is enough please!!! fix the problemS!
Thank you! Sad Roll Eyes Embarrassed Undecided Cry Angry Sad Shocked

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=99433

oxxymoronn

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 10:49:20 PM

I'm glad to see that issues are beginning to be resolved.
Cryptsy experienced some pretty insane growth over the last little bit and appear to be making a reasonable effort to handle the issues.
Luror

Activity: 215

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 11:40:07 PM

From other thread:

Guys I know I have been a ghost of late but figured I get you all an update. Its overdue.

The lag etc has been caused by the massive influx of users to Cryptsy.

Here are the stats:
  • Nov 24th Cryptsy had 17903 users 18 days later we have 64895 users. This is a 2600 ish average new customers a day.
  • Most trades total in a day went from 66,000 record to 200,000. Previously it would fluctuate now its steadily rising every day is a new trade record usually beating the prior day by 8k or more.

What we have done to fix it so far:
  • We have already added a bunch of new hardware have bunches more on order so were not caught like this again
  • Optimizing our site to handle the massive growth and tweaking things to better cater to the customers.
  • Staff is now about 13 people and growing.

We have a backlog of support tickets in the 1000's
  • We will get to everyone. Might not be as fast as we would like to.
  • Bulk replies yep we have done a few and it makes some folks unhappy in those are some pretty common fixes to the majority of the problems we see. Its an attempt to help as many folks as we can quickly not to blow anyone off.
  • Leaving your ticket open when it is fixed still makes an agent spend 5-15 minutes on your issue.
  • Some folks are doing 10-15 tickets on the same issues.
  • Leaving out details in your ticket slows it down tremendously. Saying simply "MY COINS ARE MISSING FIX IT" will likely not get you fixed faster. Not that we dont want to help but the lack of detailed information makes the agent reply and dig it out.

One of the biggest tickets we get are from cancellations. I know its slow but if you mash the button a bunch during lag it seems to cause way more harm then good. If you have a balance error and don't want to wait for support. One little trick you might try is placing a very small order in the same coin pair for an amount that wont fill and cancelling it this forces an audit and may fix your issue. Try it on the buy and sell side might fix you right up. We have a fix for this but nothing is instant.

Some of the other common tickets.

New users and how to deposit BTC and other coins to your account

Once you have purchased your Bitcoin (BTC),
please follow these simple steps to add your BTC or any coin to your Crypsty account.

1. Login to your Crypsty Account
2. Click on your balances tab
3. Click the BTC or other currency Action button
4. Choose Deposit
5. Generate address and send the coin to that address.

New User Registration Issues
Make sure you fill in all the fields and avoid non standard characters.
Make sure you are filling in the Captcha correctly.
Security errors or errors in general due to the heavy load. (If you get an error, please refresh and try again)

Deposits
Keep these things in mind with deposits:

Trust Scores
New user confirms can take up to 1.5x longer than trusted users.
Your trust score builds over time with the more transactions you make and other criteria.
This process is in place to prevent 51% attacks and double spends keeping everyone's coins safe from fraud.

Out of date or out of sync wallets particularly Infinitecoin (IFC) .You will need to make sure your wallet is in sync
with the network and that your wallet is the latest version. (If your wallet is not the latest version, your transactions will not post)

We are experiencing some delays with wallets due to large amount of deposits.

Withdrawls
User did not confirm the withdrawl email.
To resend a confirmation, go to the bottom of your balance page and resend the confirmation email.
If you hit enter, the email will NOT be sent. You must click the link to send
Want to cancel an unconfirmed withdrawl? You can do this on the balance page at the bottom with the cancel option

Tradekeys are for user to user transfers on cryptsy only. You have to use an address to send coins to locations outside of cryptsy.

What are our fees?
Our fees are listed on every trade page 0.3% to sell and 0.2% to buy
Withdraw fees are based on the coin and what it costs to send that coin into the chain

Scams abound!
Watch our for trading software that isn't well known or accepted from trusted sources. We have confirmed one contains a keylogger
 - automatic bitcoinbot v4.5 it is a keylogger
Watch out for sites that are not Cryptsy there are some fake ones out there that steal your information and all others kinds of bad things.
Verify you have our certificate from Project investors inc.

Your coins are safe with Crypsty.We understand that delays can mean lost money and that that is unacceptable. All we can do at this time is assure you we are doing everything we can to get your coin to you as quickly as possible under the enormous amount of new growth we are experiencing.

Hope this helps some folks!

BTC: 1DzAEtLoFxqmJoNH5ZYHyWxaSNYUGKf2S6
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 11:47:56 PM

From other thread:

Guys I know I have been a ghost of late but figured I get you all an update. Its overdue.

The lag etc has been caused by the massive influx of users to Cryptsy.

Here are the stats:
  • Nov 24th Cryptsy had 17903 users 18 days later we have 64895 users. This is a 2600 ish average new customers a day.
  • Most trades total in a day went from 66,000 record to 200,000. Previously it would fluctuate now its steadily rising every day is a new trade record usually beating the prior day by 8k or more.

What we have done to fix it so far:
  • We have already added a bunch of new hardware have bunches more on order so were not caught like this again
  • Optimizing our site to handle the massive growth and tweaking things to better cater to the customers.
  • Staff is now about 13 people and growing.

We have a backlog of support tickets in the 1000's
  • We will get to everyone. Might not be as fast as we would like to.
  • Bulk replies yep we have done a few and it makes some folks unhappy in those are some pretty common fixes to the majority of the problems we see. Its an attempt to help as many folks as we can quickly not to blow anyone off.
  • Leaving your ticket open when it is fixed still makes an agent spend 5-15 minutes on your issue.
  • Some folks are doing 10-15 tickets on the same issues.
  • Leaving out details in your ticket slows it down tremendously. Saying simply "MY COINS ARE MISSING FIX IT" will likely not get you fixed faster. Not that we dont want to help but the lack of detailed information makes the agent reply and dig it out.

One of the biggest tickets we get are from cancellations. I know its slow but if you mash the button a bunch during lag it seems to cause way more harm then good. If you have a balance error and don't want to wait for support. One little trick you might try is placing a very small order in the same coin pair for an amount that wont fill and cancelling it this forces an audit and may fix your issue. Try it on the buy and sell side might fix you right up. We have a fix for this but nothing is instant.

Some of the other common tickets.

New users and how to deposit BTC and other coins to your account

Once you have purchased your Bitcoin (BTC),
please follow these simple steps to add your BTC or any coin to your Crypsty account.

1. Login to your Crypsty Account
2. Click on your balances tab
3. Click the BTC or other currency Action button
4. Choose Deposit
5. Generate address and send the coin to that address.

New User Registration Issues
Make sure you fill in all the fields and avoid non standard characters.
Make sure you are filling in the Captcha correctly.
Security errors or errors in general due to the heavy load. (If you get an error, please refresh and try again)

Deposits
Keep these things in mind with deposits:

Trust Scores
New user confirms can take up to 1.5x longer than trusted users.
Your trust score builds over time with the more transactions you make and other criteria.
This process is in place to prevent 51% attacks and double spends keeping everyone's coins safe from fraud.

Out of date or out of sync wallets particularly Infinitecoin (IFC) .You will need to make sure your wallet is in sync
with the network and that your wallet is the latest version. (If your wallet is not the latest version, your transactions will not post)

We are experiencing some delays with wallets due to large amount of deposits.

Withdrawls
User did not confirm the withdrawl email.
To resend a confirmation, go to the bottom of your balance page and resend the confirmation email.
If you hit enter, the email will NOT be sent. You must click the link to send
Want to cancel an unconfirmed withdrawl? You can do this on the balance page at the bottom with the cancel option

Tradekeys are for user to user transfers on cryptsy only. You have to use an address to send coins to locations outside of cryptsy.

What are our fees?
Our fees are listed on every trade page 0.3% to sell and 0.2% to buy
Withdraw fees are based on the coin and what it costs to send that coin into the chain

Scams abound!
Watch our for trading software that isn't well known or accepted from trusted sources. We have confirmed one contains a keylogger
 - automatic bitcoinbot v4.5 it is a keylogger
Watch out for sites that are not Cryptsy there are some fake ones out there that steal your information and all others kinds of bad things.
Verify you have our certificate from Project investors inc.

Your coins are safe with Crypsty.We understand that delays can mean lost money and that that is unacceptable. All we can do at this time is assure you we are doing everything we can to get your coin to you as quickly as possible under the enormous amount of new growth we are experiencing.

Hope this helps some folks!
Thanks for the thread BUT enough is enough! Its been a couple days and people are loosing out on trades and sells! Please Fix the problem, Please!

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: