Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:15:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is cryptsy.com scamming us out of our hard earned coins?
Yes, I will never use them again - 65 (30.4%)
NO!, I still believe in cryptsy.com - 66 (30.8%)
Please cryptsy.com dont let us down Sad - 83 (38.8%)
Total Voters: 214

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: (Warning) Whats going on with cryptsy.com every one is losing there coins  (Read 14328 times)
LittleD (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 07:19:55 AM

Another site stilling our coins  Tongue Embarrassed Undecided Cry Angry Sad who can we trust wow. Poeple are lossing all of there coins. Warning STOP using cryptsy.com  Angry

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=11253 ~ StayFocus!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 07:25:10 AM

yeah it looks like their engine is very buggy, losing track of balances and who bought what

i had a buy order filled in, and btc were left in tact, not much but it made my books a little greener. another day it totally skipped on my orders while trading below my buying target
coastermonger

Activity: 367
Merit: 250

Find me at Bitrated

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 07:27:56 AM

Can you explain with some more info?  I realize that they're erroneously sending out free BTC lately but i haven't heard much beyond that.  
http://it.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1s73f7/i_have_sent_back_the_60_btc_i_was_mistakenly_able/

Bitrated user: Rees.
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 07:32:04 AM

It looks like the admin is in Vegas. i dont have a twitter account but can some one let him know we are losing our minds/coins trying to figure out what to do???  Angry
Heres a link:
https://twitter.com/cryptsy/status/409030598934945792

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
mullick
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 08:51:11 AM
Last edit: December 08, 2013, 08:38:06 PM by mullick

We apologize for the issues. I assure you vern has been working hard. I spoke with him throughout the day and he does not leave for Vegas until Monday

Here is what has been going on the last 24-48 hours

• We had the deposit program encounter some bad backlog of deposits overnight. Vern worked throughout the day to further optimize it and had great success. The deposit system still was working through some backlog so he worked to speed up the process. The program should be just about caught up now
  • An error popped up during the day and trades were not being executed correctly.  Which ended up being a slow down in our database communications due to database lag. That has also been resolved
  • During the database fix a variety of deposits deposits were not transferred successfully. Vern has done a scan for these and most if not all should be corrected
  • He also did a scan back on a variety of wallets for the past 30 days looking for any missing deposits
  • A system wide audit is now being performed to correct any missing transactions due to the issues
  • Further prepared for the hardware upgrades at the datacenter
  • We continued training our new support staff who are getting much more efficient and are able to handle a larger variety of issues

We appreciate everyones patience with the issues and are doing out best to better handle the recent volume increase and further increases
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 08:58:07 AM

We apologize for the issues. I assure you vern has been working hard. I spoke with him throughout the day and he does not leave for Vegas until Monday

Here is what has been going on the last 24-48 hours

• We had the deposit program encounter some bad backlog of deposits overnight. Vern worked throughout the day to further optimize it and had great success. The deposit system still was working through some backlog so he worked to speed up the process. The program should be just about caught up now
  • An error popped up during the day and trades were not being executed correctly.  Which ended up being a slow down in our database communications due to database lag. That has also been resolved
  • During the database fix a variety of deposits deposits were not transferred successfully. Vern has done a scan for these and most if not all should be corrected
  • He also did a scan back on a variety of wallets for the past 30 days looking for any missing deposits
  • A system wide audit is not being performed to correct any missing transactions due to the issues
  • Further prepared for the hardware upgrades at the datacenter
  • We continued training our new support staff who are getting much more efficient and are able to handle a larger variety of issues

We appreciate everyones patience with the issues and are doing out best to better handle the recent volume increase and further increases

Thanks for your response !

ManicMeddler

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 11:47:18 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2013, 01:08:33 AM by ManicMeddler

ive been robbed so hard by cryptsy, now they have all my funds still locked in the system by putting the GLD balance into negative.... no reply to tickets, they just seem to have packed up and run

even my cryptsy points are in negative, WTF?

i just want my negative balances reset so i can safely leave..... but with people being able to withdraw more funds than they had..... see link http://it.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1s73f7/i_have_sent_back_the_60_btc_i_was_mistakenly_able/

what chance do i have Mullick of seeing my funds again?

***resolved*** it all comes out in the wash Wink

marcovaldo

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 12:33:11 PM

Thanks for the answer.

I got the balance back + withdrawal processed Smiley

BITEX
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                              ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███

The First Locally-Embedded, Yet Global, Crypto-Bank
TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK   TWITTER    YOUTUBE    LINE

███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
               ███     ███     ███
                 ███     ███     ███

WHITEPAPER | ANN
JOIN WHITELIST NOW!
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 12:43:19 PM

turn it off and turn it back on..... or hit repeatedly with a large hammer  Grin
in the end all exchanges have issues. hope they get it sorted

P.S my solutions do not come with any guarantees but study's do show they work in 99.9% of cases

verloren

Activity: 323

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 01:27:15 PM

• A system wide audit is not being performed to correct any missing transactions due to the issues
Huh
ManicMeddler

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 01:44:05 PM

two weeks ago i mailed them saying "don't you think it is everyones best interest to close registration until everything works? no answer, the greedy cryptsy just let their own site fail due to greed of fees, now my account is screwed and ive lost shitload of coin

conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 01:50:36 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2013, 03:33:07 PM by conspirosphere.tk

Huh

I can believe that: it still does not work and it seized my coins due to fake negative balances after cancelled trades.
We're being Cryptsy-ized  Angry
ManicMeddler

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 04:22:04 PM

Huh

please note this reads A system wide audit is NOT being performed to correct any missing transactions due to the issues

i hope this is a typo   Cry

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 07:12:39 PM

• We had the deposit program encounter some bad backlog of deposits overnight. Vern worked throughout the day to further optimize it and had great success.
You have got to be kidding me. What is this, the MtGox school of updates? Shit breaking, and people fucking up, is not something that is "further optimized" nor can it be described as "great success".

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 07:39:20 PM

i can confirm: my balance sheet looks balanced now, no excess btc in my account.
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2013, 08:33:31 PM

My cryptsy account is 0 across the board and I have no trade history.

I know i've traded before here ...

Something funny going on for sure.\

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
mullick
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 08:41:14 PM

Fixed a typo. A system audit is NOW being performed

Vern is working on the balances issue. All users funds WILL be returned.

We apologize for slow responses on tickets. We have the full staff on them now and should work through the 3000+ fairly quickly

verloren

Activity: 323

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 02:21:09 AM

Fixed a typo. A system audit is NOW being performed

Vern is working on the balances issue. All users funds WILL be returned.

We apologize for slow responses on tickets. We have the full staff on them now and should work through the 3000+ fairly quickly
Things seem fixed now. Missing coins showed up, deposits are on track, and order placement is quick (and shows up on open orders).

A little niggle is that the previous order which caused the BTC to go missing didn't get fulfilled.
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:31:49 AM

Things seem fixed now. Missing coins showed up, deposits are on track, and order placement is quick (and shows up on open orders).

my account is still FUBAR: full of negative balances and with locked withdrawal instead
ManicMeddler

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 12:49:49 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2013, 01:07:34 AM by ManicMeddler

My account is still in artificial deficit - nothing has changed - so frustrating and nobody ever responds to my tickets, twitter or helpdesk arrrrghh

edit ok it seems bitjohn is helping me now, he just sent some points to my account, just the negative GLD to correct now, i'll keep you posted

2nd edit: been four hours now since last edit, not resolved, in fact they asked me to confirm my deposits lol - which i did, nothing since.....

3rd edit: still not fixed and reports on twitter are getting well dodgy, i'm off to bed, been on the pc ALL DAY trying to sort this out, my fuckin head hurts

****RESOLVED**** they did me right in the end Smiley

bsnmine

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:55:52 PM

Not for any reason other than to throw a contrary opinion in here, I've been using Cryptsy since it's inception. No affiliation with the site other than a user. While there were some issues with LKY for a while, and some major timeout/page-load problems (which seem to have ceased since the redesign and maybe some new hardware), I havent had a single major problem that wasnt satisfactorily resolved.  Haven't lost any coins (haven't had any mystery 60BTC deposit either)I think, credit where credit's due, it's not a bad site. Problems? Yes. Being worked on? So it seems. Kudos to Vern from a pretty satisfied customer. You may now resume your regularly scheduled bashing. Wink
ManicMeddler

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:43:18 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2013, 01:11:09 AM by ManicMeddler

Not for any reason other than to throw a contrary opinion in here, I've been using Cryptsy since it's inception. No affiliation with the site other than a user. While there were some issues with LKY for a while, and some major timeout/page-load problems (which seem to have ceased since the redesign and maybe some new hardware), I havent had a single major problem that wasnt satisfactorily resolved.  Haven't lost any coins (haven't had any mystery 60BTC deposit either)I think, credit where credit's due, it's not a bad site. Problems? Yes. Being worked on? So it seems. Kudos to Vern from a pretty satisfied customer. You may now resume your regularly scheduled bashing. Wink

i hear you and am glad you have had no problems Smiley

but me and this hoard: https://twitter.com/search?q=cryptsy&f=realtime are having a living nightmare trying to retrieve our coin

**RESOLVED** by BitJohn Smiley x 1,000,000,000

ManicMeddler

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 12:39:44 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2013, 11:49:36 PM by ManicMeddler

FAITH IN CRYPTSY RESTORED BitJohn fixed me up and sorted it, been a long slog, but it paid off Smiley

Jamievs

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 12:43:45 PM

At least I'm not the only one who has negative balances  Roll Eyes
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 02:38:19 PM

Yo Mullick you might want to remove the "Inputs.io - instant bitcoin payments & secure wallet" from your signature  Wink

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

ManicMeddler

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:50:15 PM

At least I'm not the only one who has negative balances  Roll Eyes

restored by BitJohn wow, i am sooooo relieved Smiley

best approach is irc support channel http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=%23Cryptsy_support best of luck guys

LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 12:56:37 AM

Yo Mullick you might want to remove the "Inputs.io - instant bitcoin payments & secure wallet" from your signature  Wink

Yeah I was wandering about that too Huh  Shocked Shocked Shocked Tongue

not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 03:00:27 AM

Cryptsy is buggy as hell right now but they are light years ahead of everyone else on the support side.  I think that will make all of the difference long term.  If they can fix the technical stuff they will dominate the exchange business.  Meanwhile though, kind of unusable.  Vern get back from Vegas and fix that ish!
jdarta

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 03:04:27 PM

At least I'm not the only one who has negative balances  Roll Eyes

restored by BitJohn wow, i am sooooo relieved Smiley

best approach is irc support channel http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=%23Cryptsy_support best of luck guys

still having issues with negative balances and order placement. I can't trade for over 24h now... :/

BitJohn is look at this i think, got a email from him. Maybe it will be resolved soon...
ManicMeddler

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 09:39:14 PM

you need to hound them constantly on #cryptsy_support irc channel, and i mean CONSTANTLY

jdarta

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:39:39 PM

you need to hound them constantly on #cryptsy_support irc channel, and i mean CONSTANTLY

BitJohn just solved my problems.
Now I can trade.

Confiance is restored.

Cryptsy support will answer to all your tickets, just a bit of patience required. Better later than never...

thanks BitJohn
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 07:30:47 PM

BitJohn just solved my problems.
Now I can trade.

Confiance is restored.

Cryptsy support will answer to all your tickets, just a bit of patience required. Better later than never...

thanks BitJohn

Thanks for the update!

huyha123

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 08:16:07 PM

want to share a great experience. my coins not refund after cancel sell order. here how I get the coins back.

"One little trick you might try is placing a very small order in the same coin pair for an amount that wont fill and cancelling it this forces an audit and may fix your issue. Try it on the buy and sell side might fix you right up."
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 09:26:01 PM

nothing works. my account is still FUBAR and I can't get my coins out of there
rikkejohn

Activity: 644

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 10:30:57 PM

Nothing has improved for me. I have negative balance on one coin and have had for days. On another coin I cancelled an order and the funds just did not reappear (a number of hours ago).

I had previous issues with another account when coins went missing and was told that it was the audit taking them because my balance was incorrect (10 litecoins or something too high!!). The same account also had issues with non-refunds of cancelled orders. I gave Cryptsy the benefit of the doubt on it being my imagination playing up. Now I'm not so sure.

The site is not working and it's getting worse.

Mullick and BitJohn have always been good at looking into things in the past. But to be honest, I don't think either of them can really be sure of anything themselves. The site cannot cope with the customer numbers and it has awful programming.

So I can't use Cryptsy until it is sorted out.

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 10:43:14 PM
Last edit: December 13, 2013, 10:56:53 PM by LittleD

Every one that uses cryptsy needs to make more noise (Tweeter, facebook, bitcointalk, an etc.) Poeple are lossing all of there coins. Warning STOP using cryptsy.com    >:(until they START fixing our issues!

LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 10:48:29 PM

Here's mullick's Trust rating, please feel free to rate them and make some noise on bitcointalk!, Sorry Cryptsy/mullick but enough is enough please!!! fix the problemS!
Thank you! Sad Roll Eyes Embarrassed Undecided Cry Angry Sad Shocked

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=99433

oxxymoronn

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 10:49:20 PM

I'm glad to see that issues are beginning to be resolved.
Cryptsy experienced some pretty insane growth over the last little bit and appear to be making a reasonable effort to handle the issues.
Luror

Activity: 215

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 11:40:07 PM

From other thread:

Guys I know I have been a ghost of late but figured I get you all an update. Its overdue.

The lag etc has been caused by the massive influx of users to Cryptsy.

Here are the stats:
  • Nov 24th Cryptsy had 17903 users 18 days later we have 64895 users. This is a 2600 ish average new customers a day.
  • Most trades total in a day went from 66,000 record to 200,000. Previously it would fluctuate now its steadily rising every day is a new trade record usually beating the prior day by 8k or more.

What we have done to fix it so far:
  • We have already added a bunch of new hardware have bunches more on order so were not caught like this again
  • Optimizing our site to handle the massive growth and tweaking things to better cater to the customers.
  • Staff is now about 13 people and growing.

We have a backlog of support tickets in the 1000's
  • We will get to everyone. Might not be as fast as we would like to.
  • Bulk replies yep we have done a few and it makes some folks unhappy in those are some pretty common fixes to the majority of the problems we see. Its an attempt to help as many folks as we can quickly not to blow anyone off.
  • Leaving your ticket open when it is fixed still makes an agent spend 5-15 minutes on your issue.
  • Some folks are doing 10-15 tickets on the same issues.
  • Leaving out details in your ticket slows it down tremendously. Saying simply "MY COINS ARE MISSING FIX IT" will likely not get you fixed faster. Not that we dont want to help but the lack of detailed information makes the agent reply and dig it out.

One of the biggest tickets we get are from cancellations. I know its slow but if you mash the button a bunch during lag it seems to cause way more harm then good. If you have a balance error and don't want to wait for support. One little trick you might try is placing a very small order in the same coin pair for an amount that wont fill and cancelling it this forces an audit and may fix your issue. Try it on the buy and sell side might fix you right up. We have a fix for this but nothing is instant.

Some of the other common tickets.

New users and how to deposit BTC and other coins to your account

Once you have purchased your Bitcoin (BTC),
please follow these simple steps to add your BTC or any coin to your Crypsty account.

1. Login to your Crypsty Account
2. Click on your balances tab
3. Click the BTC or other currency Action button
4. Choose Deposit
5. Generate address and send the coin to that address.

New User Registration Issues
Make sure you fill in all the fields and avoid non standard characters.
Make sure you are filling in the Captcha correctly.
Security errors or errors in general due to the heavy load. (If you get an error, please refresh and try again)

Deposits
Keep these things in mind with deposits:

Trust Scores
New user confirms can take up to 1.5x longer than trusted users.
Your trust score builds over time with the more transactions you make and other criteria.
This process is in place to prevent 51% attacks and double spends keeping everyone's coins safe from fraud.

Out of date or out of sync wallets particularly Infinitecoin (IFC) .You will need to make sure your wallet is in sync
with the network and that your wallet is the latest version. (If your wallet is not the latest version, your transactions will not post)

We are experiencing some delays with wallets due to large amount of deposits.

Withdrawls
User did not confirm the withdrawl email.
To resend a confirmation, go to the bottom of your balance page and resend the confirmation email.
If you hit enter, the email will NOT be sent. You must click the link to send
Want to cancel an unconfirmed withdrawl? You can do this on the balance page at the bottom with the cancel option

Tradekeys are for user to user transfers on cryptsy only. You have to use an address to send coins to locations outside of cryptsy.

What are our fees?
Our fees are listed on every trade page 0.3% to sell and 0.2% to buy
Withdraw fees are based on the coin and what it costs to send that coin into the chain

Scams abound!
Watch our for trading software that isn't well known or accepted from trusted sources. We have confirmed one contains a keylogger
 - automatic bitcoinbot v4.5 it is a keylogger
Watch out for sites that are not Cryptsy there are some fake ones out there that steal your information and all others kinds of bad things.
Verify you have our certificate from Project investors inc.

Your coins are safe with Crypsty.We understand that delays can mean lost money and that that is unacceptable. All we can do at this time is assure you we are doing everything we can to get your coin to you as quickly as possible under the enormous amount of new growth we are experiencing.

Hope this helps some folks!

BTC: 1DzAEtLoFxqmJoNH5ZYHyWxaSNYUGKf2S6
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 11:47:56 PM

From other thread:

Guys I know I have been a ghost of late but figured I get you all an update. Its overdue.

The lag etc has been caused by the massive influx of users to Cryptsy.

Here are the stats:
  • Nov 24th Cryptsy had 17903 users 18 days later we have 64895 users. This is a 2600 ish average new customers a day.
  • Most trades total in a day went from 66,000 record to 200,000. Previously it would fluctuate now its steadily rising every day is a new trade record usually beating the prior day by 8k or more.

What we have done to fix it so far:
  • We have already added a bunch of new hardware have bunches more on order so were not caught like this again
  • Optimizing our site to handle the massive growth and tweaking things to better cater to the customers.
  • Staff is now about 13 people and growing.

We have a backlog of support tickets in the 1000's
  • We will get to everyone. Might not be as fast as we would like to.
  • Bulk replies yep we have done a few and it makes some folks unhappy in those are some pretty common fixes to the majority of the problems we see. Its an attempt to help as many folks as we can quickly not to blow anyone off.
  • Leaving your ticket open when it is fixed still makes an agent spend 5-15 minutes on your issue.
  • Some folks are doing 10-15 tickets on the same issues.
  • Leaving out details in your ticket slows it down tremendously. Saying simply "MY COINS ARE MISSING FIX IT" will likely not get you fixed faster. Not that we dont want to help but the lack of detailed information makes the agent reply and dig it out.

One of the biggest tickets we get are from cancellations. I know its slow but if you mash the button a bunch during lag it seems to cause way more harm then good. If you have a balance error and don't want to wait for support. One little trick you might try is placing a very small order in the same coin pair for an amount that wont fill and cancelling it this forces an audit and may fix your issue. Try it on the buy and sell side might fix you right up. We have a fix for this but nothing is instant.

Some of the other common tickets.

New users and how to deposit BTC and other coins to your account

Once you have purchased your Bitcoin (BTC),
please follow these simple steps to add your BTC or any coin to your Crypsty account.

1. Login to your Crypsty Account
2. Click on your balances tab
3. Click the BTC or other currency Action button
4. Choose Deposit
5. Generate address and send the coin to that address.

New User Registration Issues
Make sure you fill in all the fields and avoid non standard characters.
Make sure you are filling in the Captcha correctly.
Security errors or errors in general due to the heavy load. (If you get an error, please refresh and try again)

Deposits
Keep these things in mind with deposits:

Trust Scores
New user confirms can take up to 1.5x longer than trusted users.
Your trust score builds over time with the more transactions you make and other criteria.
This process is in place to prevent 51% attacks and double spends keeping everyone's coins safe from fraud.

Out of date or out of sync wallets particularly Infinitecoin (IFC) .You will need to make sure your wallet is in sync
with the network and that your wallet is the latest version. (If your wallet is not the latest version, your transactions will not post)

We are experiencing some delays with wallets due to large amount of deposits.

Withdrawls
User did not confirm the withdrawl email.
To resend a confirmation, go to the bottom of your balance page and resend the confirmation email.
If you hit enter, the email will NOT be sent. You must click the link to send
Want to cancel an unconfirmed withdrawl? You can do this on the balance page at the bottom with the cancel option

Tradekeys are for user to user transfers on cryptsy only. You have to use an address to send coins to locations outside of cryptsy.

What are our fees?
Our fees are listed on every trade page 0.3% to sell and 0.2% to buy
Withdraw fees are based on the coin and what it costs to send that coin into the chain

Scams abound!
Watch our for trading software that isn't well known or accepted from trusted sources. We have confirmed one contains a keylogger
 - automatic bitcoinbot v4.5 it is a keylogger
Watch out for sites that are not Cryptsy there are some fake ones out there that steal your information and all others kinds of bad things.
Verify you have our certificate from Project investors inc.

Your coins are safe with Crypsty.We understand that delays can mean lost money and that that is unacceptable. All we can do at this time is assure you we are doing everything we can to get your coin to you as quickly as possible under the enormous amount of new growth we are experiencing.

Hope this helps some folks!
Thanks for the thread BUT enough is enough! Its been a couple days and people are loosing out on trades and sells! Please Fix the problem, Please!

LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 10:01:10 PM

Wink
Yes, I will never use them again   - 14 (23.7%)
NO!, I still believe in cryptsy.com   - 27 (45.8%)
Please cryptsy.com dont let us down Sad   - 18 (30.5%)

Total Voters: 59

Please keep on voting!

X68N

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 12:12:08 AM

i also lost on 07. December 3,28 Litecoins without getting anything in return.
After i played an order the coins vanished without record in trading history!
I opened a support ticket, after 48h they asked about transaktion ID :-(
I clearly described the problem, that the problem is that there isnt a record about it!
now 7 days later my Problem still isnt fixed. I am feeling goxed.

Also i saw only john and vern providing soloutions, the other support newbies only ask questions to win time.
Cryptsy should make priority to existing users and support.

I will take my money else where.

YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM meine Steuerdatei:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=612741.msg19244732#msg19244732
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:11:14 AM

same here #37961
missing BTC :?/ its not showing up on Cryptsy account.
764e35b5794d48693f5606250d4a4991ec3ba44790a70e9e387b77d9df24de0b

nate008

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:19:40 AM

It's a company that didn't built it's trade engine to match the actual flow of users , and it also lacks manpower when dealing with problems.

It's like another Gox for alt coins.
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:36:10 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2013, 04:14:54 AM by LittleD

Please post negative reviews on mullick/bigvern (bigvern/mullick runs cryptsy) feedback! Please people post negative reviews untill the hear our CRY! Angry
Here the link:
Mullick LINK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=99433

bigvern LINK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=93918

enough is enough! Its been a couple days and people are loosing out on trades and sells! Please Fix the problem, Please!

not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 03:54:49 AM

Mullick doesn't run cryptsy Vern does.  Mullick is just an employee.
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 04:06:43 AM

Mullick doesn't run cryptsy Vern does.  Mullick is just an employee.
IT DONT MATTER WHO ITS IS ! WE SHOULD MAKE SOME NOISE TO ANYONE THAT WORKS THERE.

LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 04:19:19 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2013, 04:31:53 AM by LittleD

Please post negative reviews on mullick/bigvern (bigvern/mullick runs cryptsy) feedback! Please people post negative reviews untill the hear our CRY!  Angry
Memeber of cryptsy,  links to review cryptsy:

BitJohn  Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=110699

Enough is enough! Its been a couple days and people are loosing out on trades and sells! Please Fix the problem, Please!

X68N

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 07:06:14 AM

seems like you try to start a shit storm   Grin
i can understand this, when you have a bigger amount.
I was in the same situation with mt.Gox. Now i am lucky that it is anly a small amount.

good luck.

LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 06:02:59 PM

Keep on making noise people don't stop! Keep on banging the Pots and Pans!

mybogusname

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 02:11:18 AM

Just lost a bunch of qrk and BTC

Ticket #41810

And still can't trade. (this happened to me about 4 days ago as well, only last time I was still able to trade). Very frustrated at this site as I am losing money by not being able to trade at the appropriate times!!
sharknutzz

Activity: 335

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 04:00:18 AM

They are now trading on negative balances.

Got coins?  Move them out now...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=372732.0
LuisBCoin

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 10:12:00 AM

Este problema es algo temporal? O hay grave riesgo de que todo el mundo pierda sus coins.
Radacoin

Activity: 255

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 11:41:19 AM

They are now trading on negative balances.

Got coins?  Move them out now...

Not possible any more.

When I try to log in I get "Error: Session Error Code 7 Detected" (what ever that means)
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 11:49:36 AM

These people at Cryptsy are in WAAAY over their heads and they refuse to do the two things that could help them save this company:
1. Close registrations to new users temporarily
2. Hire outside help debugging their system

Why don't they do these things? Well because it costs them money of course, and they don't mind making their entire user base suffer because of it. Unfortunately they don't have the foresight to see they will lose the entire user base before they can catch up with their issues like this, and take a lot of coins with them when they finally do burst into flames.
LuisBCoin

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 01:06:37 PM

I can see my quark coins again.
d--b

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 02:35:45 PM

I was going to deposit $300 into coinbase and then use cryptsy to trade but now that I read about this I dont know what to do anymore.

Any other sites that trade qrk, dev etc?   I dont want to miss the boat on the pump and dumps.
rikkejohn

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 10:00:02 PM

I can't make any trades, and I just got landed with another negative balance on LTC. This is despite not transfering any in or out for a while. It is an account with hardly anything in. I could pay it back if it let me sell the QRK or Bitcoin I have there, but no, coins are all "error" prone. I could transfer my QRK and BTC out of the exchange and leave enough to pay the LTC debt, but it won't let me.

Really recommend people not to attempt sending money there.

rikkejohn

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 10:01:34 PM

I was going to deposit $300 into coinbase and then use cryptsy to trade but now that I read about this I dont know what to do anymore.

Any other sites that trade qrk, dev etc?   I dont want to miss the boat on the pump and dumps.

bter.com does qrk and so does coins-e .... the Chinese exchange (forgotten name was supposedly adding it, too)

crostorm

Activity: 32

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 11:24:38 PM

canceled one of my older orders cos price was not right,and after confirmed cancelation i got only half of my btc. back,other half nowhere to be seen for hours now Sad
also just found big thread(about 10 pages) on their forum people conplaining about coins gone or M.I.A. for days.
will wait a bit to see if coins come back somehow,in meantime withdrawing the rest of btc and prolly done with this exchange
GroundRod

Activity: 206

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 06:38:56 PM

Right there with you, got hit yesterday with a canceled BUY order returning a negative BTC balance, figured I better try the new 'Self Audit' button, that didn't fix the problem but created another negative balance, this time on my LTC account! 

Coming up on 24hrs since I created the support ticket & halted all account activity, had 2 tickets over lost coins when opening my account early Dec, too their credit the problems seemed to get resolved in a day or two.  Since then however, I've keep good records myself, can't trust'em, now need to move that documentation trail from a text file over to spreadsheet program & calculate my own balances across ~10 coins and ~150 trades, their server seems incapable of doing it.

Preparing to bail & hoping to get this resolved & transfer out my various coin investments to wallets here at home, their engine needs an overhaul....
TheGr33k

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 10:34:13 PM

From what I know it is done by people withdrawing so there wallet has a negative balance. I dont use cryptsy
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 12:50:50 AM

Please post your reviews on mullick/bigvern (bigvern/mullick runs cryptsy) feedback! Please people post negative reviews until the hear our CRY!  Here the link:

enough is enough! Its been a couple days and people are loosing out on trades and sells! Please Fix the problem, Please!

X68N

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 03:34:43 AM

bter.com does qrk and so does coins-e .... the Chinese exchange (forgotten name was supposedly adding it, too)

be careful with coins-e, they stole me 10k GLC, i wait for 7 days no answer to my 3 support requests...

d--b

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 03:36:33 PM

Looks like most of these exchange websites are scams.
mybogusname

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 09:04:52 PM

I have an open ticket from over 3 days ago... lost coin and went to a negative balance. Tried their self audit... nothing happened. Had to use some of my other coin to pay my way out of the false debt.

Then got an automated ticket (it was very generic, and told me to use the self audit... which I had written I did).

So some of my coins came back (because I bought my way out of the debt, I didn't actually get any of my lost coins) <--QRK coins lost

So I started a ticket thinking they were going to fix things... and started trading again. BIG MISTAKE.

Lost some BTC this time. Tried everything, nothing worked. Had to buy my way out of that again.

Started trading again... Then on one of the orders... LOST THOSE ALSO.

And yet still no response from the support team, or owners.

WARNING. DO NOT USE THEIR SITE. and I welcome all the new sites I have heard about coming. Hopefully you work out the bugs BEFORE you release the product.
traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:09:40 PM

Cryptsy just added Dogecoin. LOL HAHAHAHAHAH
HPWolf

Activity: 79

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:18:26 PM

Ive been waiting over 3 weeks for Cryptsy to come back to me over my missing QRK

Earn Devcoins by Writing / DVC = 1EZJpi6p2eckikh84cWtLN1D2sqFbsNi2T
BTC = 13q8dXCqEeCcfXkktbYTorpvNP4B6Qowcz / http://bitcoinpyramid.com/r/7567
rikkejohn

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:04:30 AM

Cryptsy just added Dogecoin. LOL HAHAHAHAHAH

Big Vern is surely the Doge Dev!!  Grin

Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470

Hello!

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 12:38:37 AM

yeah, i sent some coins, 1225 confirmations later, still pending  Roll Eyes

hi
infinitybo

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 01:49:33 PM

Crypsy is victim of its own success therefore the website may not give you coins Grin
Oztwinpeaks

Activity: 133

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 10:35:27 AM

I'm making the decision to move all my coins into wallets and other sites today. I'm saying this despite owning Cryptsy fee shares and wishing the site to succeed. The lag is completely unusable for trading- it's an embarrassment to crypto that these exchanges represent the community and it's trading structure. For about the 10th time over two months, I've had an order placed, cancelled that order, and the btc held has just disappeared. Like the times before it most likely appear in an hour, a day, or a few days. Writing emails serves no point- because by the time anybody responds the amount is back. But in the meantime I am unable to place another trade with those funds and I'm in limbo.
BTC-E has the smoothest trading process I've seen- Cryptsy has to be the worst, and for this reason I'm moving on. I'll use Vircurex to trade some of the newer coins and BTC-E and others for the usual suspects.
I can't believe that with the obvious influx of business they haven't acted quicker to upgrade there software/servers/whatever to fix what's going on. The owners need to sit down and actually experience it from a users point of view!
Anyway, that's my rant. I had high hopes for Cryptsy and I still hope that they get it together- I guess I'll keep my shares to recoup some of the lost profits on trades not executing!

vual

Activity: 714

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 11:52:24 AM

This place is a joke, its seriously needs some regulation, crypsty are high volume trading on spreads and canceling sell orders so they can cash in.
Its been going on for to long now, its not hard when u are doing 10mil + volume a day to rent pubnub.com servers..... the only explanation for this is its more financial beneficial to not fix.
I just made my options clear in irc and was greeted with a instant BAN, now consider i have lost over 5btc with crypsty today and that is not including all my canceled orders and "missing money".
We must stand as a community and not let them get away with such blatant day light robbery. Can anyone suggest to me a new exchange to take my volume to please? If we stay at crypsty we send the message that this behavior is acceptable.
HPWolf

Activity: 79

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 10:13:40 PM

This place is a joke, its seriously needs some regulation, crypsty are high volume trading on spreads and canceling sell orders so they can cash in.
Its been going on for to long now, its not hard when u are doing 10mil + volume a day to rent pubnub.com servers..... the only explanation for this is its more financial beneficial to not fix.
I just made my options clear in irc and was greeted with a instant BAN, now consider i have lost over 5btc with crypsty today and that is not including all my canceled orders and "missing money".
We must stand as a community and not let them get away with such blatant day light robbery. Can anyone suggest to me a new exchange to take my volume to please? If we stay at crypsty we send the message that this behavior is acceptable.

Thats exactly the problem, even with the way they screwing it all up they still have the best exchange when it comes to volume and variety Sad

Earn Devcoins by Writing / DVC = 1EZJpi6p2eckikh84cWtLN1D2sqFbsNi2T
BTC = 13q8dXCqEeCcfXkktbYTorpvNP4B6Qowcz / http://bitcoinpyramid.com/r/7567
VesperPL

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 12:45:50 PM
Last edit: December 27, 2013, 01:14:04 PM by VesperPL

For five days i'm waiting for fix my negative ballance. mThey give me -0.41btc and now I can't witherdraws any coins until I pay that debt.
Cryptsy suck!!! I lost a lot of money. I cant trade and get back my cash it's some joke?

Cryptsy fix my negative btc ballance immediately. I will not wait anymore!!! my support ticket #54503
X68N

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 05:52:03 AM
Last edit: December 28, 2013, 07:04:47 AM by X68N

No, there is no trustworthy exchange for trading left! Cryptsy and Bter, both play the "negative balance" game now!
It is crazy. I stopped Altcoin trading, and withdrawed the most coins. The Rest i will also withdraw today.
Bter made me loose 0,6 BTC and Cryptsy ~3,2 LTC.

For now never deposit more you are willing to loose on Cryptsy or Bter.

maybe i will give the newcommers a try (coinedup).
The old players got their chance for years, they failed.(exept vircurex& cryptotrade so far for me)

ok123

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 04:39:24 PM

I can't withdraw deposit because my Cryptsy account is in negative status

When I withdrew deposit the day before yesterday,  system prompted that "One or more of your accounts is in negative status. Please correct prior to any withdrawals". I found that my JKC amount is “-4694”! How did this happen?

I submitted a ticket,then Cryptsy answered me that the cause of the problem is either oversold JKC or JKC had a fork.

I checked all my buy and sell orders of JKC 5 times(the number of transaction history is only a total of 13,so it is easy to check JKC account ), the total number of buying and selling is equal. I can swear that I didn't oversell JKC at all.

Fork? There are so many people who have encountered similar problems, could it be said that all their coins have a fork?

I received another reply of Cryptsy today,only a word:
"JKC has a tendency to have some reversals and not a strong community its one of the riskier coins to invest in. I assure you your balances are correct."

They still insist that this is the problem of JKC.
Although they admit that my balances are correct, but they don't offer any solution.

What's wrong with Cryptsy?

What should I do now?
just_me

Activity: 420

Jesus Christ Saves Sinners

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 06:04:44 AM

I can't withdraw deposit because my Cryptsy account is in negative status

When I withdrew deposit the day before yesterday,  system prompted that "One or more of your accounts is in negative status. Please correct prior to any withdrawals". I found that my JKC amount is “-4694”! How did this happen?

I submitted a ticket,then Cryptsy answered me that the cause of the problem is either oversold JKC or JKC had a fork.

I checked all my buy and sell orders of JKC 5 times(the number of transaction history is only a total of 13,so it is easy to check JKC account ), the total number of buying and selling is equal. I can swear that I didn't oversell JKC at all.

Fork? There are so many people who have encountered similar problems, could it be said that all their coins have a fork?

I received another reply of Cryptsy today,only a word:
"JKC has a tendency to have some reversals and not a strong community its one of the riskier coins to invest in. I assure you your balances are correct."

They still insist that this is the problem of JKC.
Although they admit that my balances are correct, but they don't offer any solution.

What's wrong with Cryptsy?

What should I do now?

u might need to buy the junk coin to make it positive balance again, and that might correct the withdrawal problems. cryptsy won't allow you to withdraw because of the negative balance

Today is the day that the Lord has made, lets be glad and rejoice in it
sharted

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 10:31:29 PM

Decided to give them another try after their las shambles. Deposited some netcoins 2-3 times without issue. Today I sent 299 to Cryptsy about 5 hours ago, not pending or any acknowledgement on the site that the coins were sent, an utter disgrace yet again. For the fortune they make in fees they should have a working fucking platform. Fucking useless.

primeomega

Activity: 63

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 09:16:39 PM

Not sure if they fix something over there.  But when I do auto transfers in now from my mining site, they go into the account very fast.  Before it would be 20-300 confirmations.  Seems to be no average or special number to hit.  Now (past 2 days) I see them pop up and get put in for sale in a few minutes.  Very nice.  Plan on doing a pull out of some of my coins today, and will see how that goes.

Join Cryptsy today: https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=102496
BTC: 139MV449UuLAcdndGATzDfwZ6aJTtgcJv8
LTC: LS1D74RomV9CmoMEBiomQZX9Hywqe8Ndq8
everthelast

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 04:19:41 AM

it's time 4 law

.oO lock money from customers without paying back losses/investments
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 09:17:09 AM

I've got thousands of coins sitting in Cryptsy and there doesn't appear to be a problem
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 09:23:14 AM

never had a problem with crytpsy.
when I started with them, I didn't realise that you needed to send an activation link to your email to withdraw coins, it's all in the faq.
the original email went to my junk folder, and I missed it.. 2 days later, wondering where my coins were... i realised. doh.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 05:07:04 AM

Is it possible that these 42coins were counterfeit ?

After noticing that my deposit had arrived ... 

Date: 21/01/2014 15:13
To: cryptsy 4JF3YMUj8yxMZUayN1ohfN4nvCuGMRSQjn
Debit: -0.00218592 42
Transaction fee: -0.00000001 42
Net amount: -0.00218593 42
Transaction ID: e76f68b1984f2a732cdadcc5dd2acb1a8d4c42736b6f3bd390daa03599835ea6

I stepped out for a smoke, then came back to this. Shocked  ... I mean Cheesy Grin Tongue  (edit) Seconds before, the deposit's balance was showing as available on the order page.

Then this on the order page ... Roll Eyes

If I'm seeing a surplus, no doubt others are missing coins.

Tread lightly folks...

UPDATE

The 0.00655776 42 is still there.

UPDATE II

The website is down.

LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:40:13 PM

I truly have to say Thank you cryptsy for taking care of all the problem and for keeping us updated.
Thanks Wink

U1TRA_L0RD

Activity: 126

CAUTION: Angry Man with Attitude.

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:35:02 AM

I truly have to say Thank you cryptsy for taking care of all the problem and for keeping us updated!
Thanks Wink and I love the D.

You see, They are very nice people, Better than any other exchanges. Thanks Cryptsy. Smiley
Faince1985

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:57:16 AM

I had an issue with a transaction not crediting when it should. I contacted them and they added it into my balance. looks like they have some issues with the new software but I don't think they are purposely stealing the coins.

sharted

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:51:01 PM

They are running a website that is clearly not capable of the workload being sent its way. NO other exchange has problems like this, EVER. Vircurex, coins-e,bter,coinedup,coinex are the ones I use now and deposits/withdraws takes minutes not hours or days.

dogeshibe

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:39:58 AM

Just thought I should the community know that Cryptsy has definitely still got a bug with double withdrawls. I withdrew about 30k of Dogecoin, checked my balance and I still had that amount, which was weird. I thought it hadn't gone through so sent another request. I checked my wallet and I had 30k of extra Doge. I sent it back of course, but I can't get over the fact that this can happen, esp. without any checks on who they're allowing on their system. Unbelievable.
sharted

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:28:32 PM

Here's an idea: DON'T USE IT.

There are plenty of other exchanges around that have the exact same coins as Cryptsy and they never have any problems. So why not use them?

LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:43:35 AM

There are plenty of other exchanges around that have the exact same coins as Cryptsy and they never have any problems. So why not use them?

can you please name a couple for us Huh

matrixdog

Activity: 69

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:06:53 PM

I had problems with them but is got fixed but it toke 2 weeks for a reply. Am still using them we need to all understand no one is perfect and sometime software or hardware can be buggy. people should not jump the gun and start flaming them and put them down its hard work what they do. Plus they cant reply to everyone in one shot.

Anyhow Cryptsy keep up the good work.

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078

BCJ

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:25:37 PM

I met Big Vern and his partner at the Vegas conference and asked them some tough questions about their business.  While I can only take the answers they chose to give (for obvious security and business privacy reasons) as face value, it is clearly a legitimate business run by thoughtful and intelligent individuals.   My only concern with Cryptsy.com would be their legal compliance.  As I understand Federal and State Money Transmission regulation they would seem to me ( I am not a lawyer or any type of legal expert - this is only my personal opinion) to be operating as a Money Transmitter without a license.  

So while your coins may be save from a business and a technological standpoint (depending on their security model) the greater concern would be shut down by law enforcement and civil asset forfeiture of any coins on the cryptsy.com server at the time of any seizure.

EDIT: as we have seen from the SHREM indictment (http://www.scribd.com/doc/202555785/United-States-vs-Charles-Shrem-and-Robert-M-Faiella) the US GOV has been making undercover buys from the SR since 2012.  If, in their ongoing investigation, they determine that any coins from SR made their way into or out of Cryptsy.com in an effort to launder or move funds from any illicit activity, there are civil asset forfeitures regulations in place that could have an impact on all funds held on cryptsy.com's servers.

I think it would be tough to fully trust any on-line virtual currency business right now unless they clearly state their compliance with laws and regulations in any jurisdictions in which they operate.  As we have seen in the past, virtual currency business are clearly the current focus of law enforcement's efforts and I don't think we've seen that last of the their efforts to make an example of individuals and business that are not operating with in the existing laws and regulations.  

The only question that remains is "Who is next?"
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:03:15 AM

I met Big Vern and his partner at the Vegas conference and asked them some tough questions about their business.  While I can only take the answers they chose to give (for obvious security and business privacy reasons) as face value, it is clearly a legitimate business run by thoughtful and intelligent individuals.   My only concern with Cryptsy.com would be their legal compliance.  As I understand Federal and State Money Transmission regulation they would seem to me ( I am not a lawyer or any type of legal expert - this is only my personal opinion) to be operating as a Money Transmitter without a license.  

So while your coins may be save from a business and a technological standpoint (depending on their security model) the greater concern would be shut down by law enforcement and civil asset forfeiture of any coins on the cryptsy.com server at the time of any seizure.

EDIT: as we have seen from the SHREM indictment (http://www.scribd.com/doc/202555785/United-States-vs-Charles-Shrem-and-Robert-M-Faiella) the US GOV has been making undercover buys from the SR since 2012.  If, in their ongoing investigation, they determine that any coins from SR made their way into or out of Cryptsy.com in an effort to launder or move funds from any illicit activity, there are civil asset forfeitures regulations in place that could have an impact on all funds held on cryptsy.com's servers.

I think it would be tough to fully trust any on-line virtual currency business right now unless they clearly state their compliance with laws and regulations in any jurisdictions in which they operate.  As we have seen in the past, virtual currency business are clearly the current focus of law enforcement's efforts and I don't think we've seen that last of the their efforts to make an example of individuals and business that are not operating with in the existing laws and regulations.  

Please read good info

LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:11:36 AM

I just PM  bigvern and mullick to see if they can answer some of the legal questions Huh i asked them to post on this thread.

bigvern

Activity: 100

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 04:01:42 AM

There are several things going on here it seems.   I'll see how many I can address.

1. Federal Money Transmitter License - There is actually no such thing at a federal level.   The only thing the Fed's require is that you register and file SAR reports when deemed necessary.   They also want us to check to ensure we aren't doing business with anybody on the OFAC list.    We are registered and the list checking and reporting is fairly easy to do, but detecting suspicious activity is a very subjective thing.   It's certainly easier to determine suspicious activity when dealing with USD.   Before launching USD, we will have the necessary items in place.

2. State Level Licenses - The states aren't going to come and shut you down, but they may fine you and tell you not to deal with people in their state until you get licensed there.   We are in the process of getting state licenses.   Some are harder than others.   This is another thing we are waiting on before doing USD.    Many of the states who we previously thought would require a license have stated that we probably do not need one.  Many states have laws which were written before the internet.  Some state requirements are a little overboard.

3. SR stuff.  Just because some coins passed through a service that ended up at SR doesn't mean that it would be covered under any laws which would result in forfeitures.  Only if we were willfully and knowingly performing such actions, which we are not.    We may be subpoenaed for information in such cases where funds pass through here, which of course we would comply with.

BigVern

LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:11:32 AM

There are several things going on here it seems.   I'll see how many I can address.

1. Federal Money Transmitter License - There is actually no such thing at a federal level.   The only thing the Fed's require is that you register and file SAR reports when deemed necessary.   They also want us to check to ensure we aren't doing business with anybody on the OFAC list.    We are registered and the list checking and reporting is fairly easy to do, but detecting suspicious activity is a very subjective thing.   It's certainly easier to determine suspicious activity when dealing with USD.   Before launching USD, we will have the necessary items in place.

2. State Level Licenses - The states aren't going to come and shut you down, but they may fine you and tell you not to deal with people in their state until you get licensed there.   We are in the process of getting state licenses.   Some are harder than others.   This is another thing we are waiting on before doing USD.    Many of the states who we previously thought would require a license have stated that we probably do not need one.  Many states have laws which were written before the internet.  Some state requirements are a little overboard.

3. SR stuff.  Just because some coins passed through a service that ended up at SR doesn't mean that it would be covered under any laws which would result in forfeitures.  Only if we were willfully and knowingly performing such actions, which we are not.    We may be subpoenaed for information in such cases where funds pass through here, which of course we would comply with.

BigVern

Thank you BigVern ~

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 03:02:28 PM

There are several things going on here it seems.   I'll see how many I can address.

1. Federal Money Transmitter License - There is actually no such thing at a federal level.   The only thing the Fed's require is that you register and file SAR reports when deemed necessary.   They also want us to check to ensure we aren't doing business with anybody on the OFAC list.    We are registered and the list checking and reporting is fairly easy to do, but detecting suspicious activity is a very subjective thing.   It's certainly easier to determine suspicious activity when dealing with USD.   Before launching USD, we will have the necessary items in place.

2. State Level Licenses - The states aren't going to come and shut you down, but they may fine you and tell you not to deal with people in their state until you get licensed there.   We are in the process of getting state licenses.   Some are harder than others.   This is another thing we are waiting on before doing USD.    Many of the states who we previously thought would require a license have stated that we probably do not need one.  Many states have laws which were written before the internet.  Some state requirements are a little overboard.

3. SR stuff.  Just because some coins passed through a service that ended up at SR doesn't mean that it would be covered under any laws which would result in forfeitures.  Only if we were willfully and knowingly performing such actions, which we are not.    We may be subpoenaed for information in such cases where funds pass through here, which of course we would comply with.

BigVern

I tend to agree with 1 & 2 for the most part. They would likely get a cease and desist order first before action was taken. Number 3 I disagree with your reply completely. Due to the nature of asset civil asset forfeiture laws there literally is no requirement for any kind of evidence whatsoever for them to do this. They generally limit this kind of activity only when it is politically inconvenient. Right now there are a lot of political reasons to attack Bitcoin and related altcoin infrastructure, and Silk Road is a perfect pretext to justify this to the casually attentive masses. Civil asset forfeiture laws are designed to enable law enforcement to rob people and organizations of assets with zero evidence. Want proof? How do you think the FBI is getting away with selling the confiscated Silk Road BTC before the trial even begins? Civil asset forfeiture laws.
sharted

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 07:24:52 PM

can you please name a couple for us Huh

look at my post two posts above.......

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078

BCJ

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:02:45 PM

There are several things going on here it seems.   I'll see how many I can address.

1. Federal Money Transmitter License - There is actually no such thing at a federal level.   The only thing the Fed's require is that you register and file SAR reports when deemed necessary.   They also want us to check to ensure we aren't doing business with anybody on the OFAC list.    We are registered and the list checking and reporting is fairly easy to do, but detecting suspicious activity is a very subjective thing.   It's certainly easier to determine suspicious activity when dealing with USD.   Before launching USD, we will have the necessary items in place.

2. State Level Licenses - The states aren't going to come and shut you down, but they may fine you and tell you not to deal with people in their state until you get licensed there.   We are in the process of getting state licenses.   Some are harder than others.   This is another thing we are waiting on before doing USD.    Many of the states who we previously thought would require a license have stated that we probably do not need one.  Many states have laws which were written before the internet.  Some state requirements are a little overboard.

3. SR stuff.  Just because some coins passed through a service that ended up at SR doesn't mean that it would be covered under any laws which would result in forfeitures.  Only if we were willfully and knowingly performing such actions, which we are not.    We may be subpoenaed for information in such cases where funds pass through here, which of course we would comply with.

BigVern

BigVern,  Thanks for your thoughts.  There are still some important issues.  Again I am not an attorney, this is just my understanding of existing law and regulation.

1.  On July 21st FinCEN issued a Final Rule on "Definitions and Other Regulations Relating to Money Services Businesses" (RIN 1506–AA97)  that includes the following:

The regulatory definition of ‘‘money transmission services’’ includes the phrase ‘‘or other value that substitutes for currency’’ to state that businesses that accept stored value or currency equivalents as a funding source and transmit that value are providing money transmission services. FinCEN has modified the final rule so that both references to ‘‘value’’ in the regulation are expressed as ‘‘value that substitutes for currency’’ to maintain consistency in the rule’s language.

This essentially included all virtual currencies within the scope of the Bank Secrecy Act.  So according to FinCEN it does not matter if you are not transferring or converting from USD.  Transferring and converting virtual currency is also money transmission under these Federal Regulations.

2. No the states aren't going to shut you down but operating a "unlicensed money transmitter" if a federal offence under U.S.C. 1960 (b)(1)(a):

is operated without an appropriate money transmitting license in a State where such operation is punishable as a misdemeanor or a felony under State law, whether or not the defendant knew that the operation was required to be licensed or that the operation was so punishable;

U.S.C. 1960 (a) states:

Whoever knowingly conducts, controls, manages, supervises, directs, or owns all or part of an unlicensed money transmitting business, shall be fined in accordance with this title or imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both.

So no the states will not come after you but if you are serving customers in US State where a money transmission laws apply, you could be as risk for violating these statues.

Unfortunately laws don't always mean what we "think" they mean.  They mean what regulators and law enforcement want them to mean unless proven otherwise in a court of law.

3.  I think TechSare addressed the very broad implication of civil asset forfeiture.  

Again, I'm not an attorney nor a legal expert, however we have seen these statues used with tremendous impact in the digital currency space in recent months.  There are serious implications and we as a community of businesses and users need to understand the implications as best we can.

Unfortunately the legal gray area is currently very broad which possesses significant risk for all involved until we see greater legislative and regulatory clarity in the digital currency space.

Again I don't assume to know Cryptsy.com's business model or safe guards to prevent this type of action.  I'm just trying to point out that these are currently risks we are all assuming by operating and transacting in this space.

Oyster5513

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:05:32 AM

cryptsy seems to have a habit of holding funds on withdrawals, till the one just caves in. i was charged a transaction fee, on a canceled withdrawal.

3 pending withdrawal, out of the 3 , 2 have been on pending status for over 24 hours. I guess they expect me to beg for a cancellation, again. this time, I am taking my funds out and leaving it. out. I'm really starting to think they don't have the bitcoins in house, and just flipping it with the hundreds of alt coins and junk coins.

such wreckless behavior. I cannot believe a major exchange based in the states can get away with this.
sharted

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:20:33 AM

They take on more coins than their system can handle because they, just like the modern banking system, are fueled by greed. I have been using other exchanges instead and I have NEVER had a single problem with any of them, even the newer ones, which says it all.....

LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 08:10:16 PM

They take on more coins than their system can handle because they, just like the modern banking system, are fueled by greed. I have been using other exchanges instead and I have NEVER had a single problem with any of them, even the newer ones, which says it all.....

interesting !

rikkejohn

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 11:21:35 PM

Cryptsy has a lot more volume than the rest. It is King of the altcoin market. I can't think of any exchange that get anywhere near the volume. The problems started when volume began to increase.

Cryptsy is guilty of adding too many idiotic coins, and not employing people technically capable of putting together a site that can handle the traffic.

I owe them 10 LTCs apparently, which I don't intend to repay.

Oh, and I once logged into coinex to find nearly 2 BTCs in my account. Not mine. But then it wouldn't let me spend them so no harm done.

Jeronimus

Activity: 97

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:11:50 AM

Quote from:
I owe them 10 LTCs apparently, which I don't intend to repay.

that makes you a thief...
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 02:16:38 AM

Has anyone thought about the PoS generated coins these exchanges are piling up ?

LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 11:38:26 PM

Thanks BitJohn, for fixing the problem you had... I love cryptsy and I will continue using Cryptsy +1

https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=11253

hitcher

Activity: 20

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:28:19 AM
Last edit: April 10, 2014, 04:56:50 AM by hitcher

Previous user advertises this exchange, don't press his link, if you want go to website remove ?refid=11253 from link.
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 03:37:07 AM

Previous user advertises this exchange, don't press his link, if you want go to website remove register?refid=11253 from link.

You know i made this thread right >>>Huh? Smiley

hitcher

Activity: 20

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 04:54:57 AM

But why you use referral id? Why you advertize it in your signature? Remove "11253" from your signature.
LeChatNoir

Activity: 699
Merit: 501

Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 08:56:44 AM
Last edit: April 25, 2014, 09:21:58 AM by LeChatNoir

Are you able to withdraw NXT from Craptsy?
I have 3 "processed" withdrawals from 48 hours but i never actually received any NXT.
I've also tried to contact the support but they are ignoring me.
Should i get worried?

I wonder why these stupid people keep adding 3 new shitcoins everyday while they can't manage properly coins already listed.

Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 07:16:22 PM

I am bump this bcus ... I am hearing complaints concerning Cryptsy... Please let us know ur concerns?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: