Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:29:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you sell right away or wait?  (Read 2907 times)
jhonjhon

Activity: 1316
Merit: 126

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:09:18 PM

After participating in ICOs by buying some tokens or participating in bounties, the moment their tokens are listed in exchanges, what do you do guys, do you sell your tokens right away or wait for a more higher price to come?
Price really matters, it sometimes to sell them off immediately if we can see it have price cause I usually notice that it quickly fall down once it is already listed and it's getting hard to recover.  But it's recovery depending also how devs strategies to help it out from falling in dip.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
royalfestus

Activity: 2408
Merit: 516

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:11:44 PM

It still depends on the project. I am still holding sonm after that long period and I have sold a lot of coin after this. Some coin are so promising that you can't afford to lose early.
boyjackyou

Activity: 301
Merit: 11

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:12:55 PM

Nope not a good idea because these tokens are going to be much worthy few weeks or months when these tokens where distributed,you should be waiting patiently if you want to maximize your profits or else,but if you need monery asap you should sell it but for me i wont be going to sell these tokens because they might be worth thousands of dollars in the future.

krodmandoon

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:18:43 PM

I don't sell it right away. I always wait for a while and then I decide what would I do. Most of the time I am selling, but from time to time I keep it, because the project is great.

ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:21:41 PM

The ongoing price increase seems to be very phenomenal and has the belief that it'll continue to grow further reaching $10000 which is the next milestone to be reached. Also the more newcomers were making investments upon bitcoin which is a good news, in recent days after those days of panic now only the investor network is getting stronger. Holding is better at this moment.
onesalt

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:23:52 PM

Selling right away may be profitable in some cases but in most of the cases I have seen that waiting always provides you more profit. I support keeping that to sell for higher prices.
Yakult

Activity: 144
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:31:55 PM

What's good about my situation is I can hold the coins whenever I want since I dont need money too much. This is an advantage for me since I have another job. But the best way to do is to be wise on your decision. As long as you dont nees that money bettee hold it then.

hadveach

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:39:28 PM

I do not like to sell tokens quickly, but when I get token, I always analyze the token development and market conditions first. if the tokens I get have good growth in the future, then I will hold.

a few months ago I had a bad experience with the first token I got from ICO, I did not do the analysis, so I climaxed. and sell it for a low price. and a few weeks later, the coin that I get rising to $ 1. I regret, and I do not want it to happen again.
Bellator

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:40:07 PM

After participating in ICOs by buying some tokens or participating in bounties, the moment their tokens are listed in exchanges, what do you do guys, do you sell your tokens right away or wait for a more higher price to come?
Well probably i will wait if i see some reasons to wait,if it has a great potential in the market and the ICO were successful then i will hold it for longterm investments.It also depends on my needs,as long as i don't need to sell to profit i will hold it.Though there were instances that i also need to use,i think i have to convert sone of it to fiat for reasonable purposes.

mwaqar17

Activity: 462
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:41:19 PM

Most of the time I use to sell right away after listing on some exchange. I only wait for those token which have price less than ico. If it is more than or equal to ico price then sale at once. Usually token take so much time to have good margin in their price.
SOGabriel

Activity: 99
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:42:21 PM

It all depends on every individual as for me I follow the project and decide whether to sell or hold on to it for a while or even long time.
mobilestrike

Activity: 907
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:43:19 PM

It depends on the project and their team that how much they are active in the development of the project. If the team is passive then it will not bring much benefit and if the project have a high potential then no matter it will take time or not we will wait for a longer time till the project is completed and it start to work fully. Like I invested in Rasputin Online coin and they have taken an year for their completion of their platform but as their supply is much lower and they have a high potential for success so I am waiting for longer time.
johnyespapa

Activity: 257
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:44:58 PM

Of course waiting for these tokens to have some good value so that we can maximize our profits,joining bounties doesnt guarantee our rewards because some of these successful ICOs that arent paying bounty hunters,greedy people wont give the rewars which these people who promote their ICO,and these people shouldnt be given a chance.

drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:45:16 PM

When it comes to investing I have always believed in holding for long term, yes there is a temptation to sell as soon as possible and get your profits but a short term gain is not really what I'm looking for what I'm looking are big gains, that is why I try to invest in projects that seem to have a chance to succeed in the long term and I try to avoid coins that are created only to speculate with them.
jamesndungu1

Activity: 434
Merit: 25

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:50:22 PM

If i had money i would buy and invest in this businesses and wait for at-least the next strategic plan (5 years) If the next strategic plan is promising i will hold for the next 5 years and so on. That's why bounty participants are being told to work on project they believe in.

Imagine if you had Facebook shares and sold them after it was used buy almost 100% Harvard  student - That's what bounty hunters are doing by dumping their bounty rewards after exchange Listing..
Encelad

Activity: 294
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:55:37 PM

There is a common opinion that it is better to hold coins. But this is not right for all projects. There are projects that are not destined to develop further. And it is tokens of such projects that have a price depending on popularity. After ICO, the popularity of such projects may fall, which is why it is recommended that they be sold immediately.
AlienSeeker

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:58:41 PM

Sometimes, it always depends on iCO if it has a potential in the future. Sometimes, I would like to buy more coins because of its potential and I already trusted the altcoins that I would like to buy. Some tokens Is good to hold, maybe someday they will have more worth in the martketing of cryptocurrency.
OuterTech

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:02:03 PM

Whether the Token is sold immediately after distribution or not depends on the potential of the project. Because the project will be distributed to ICO investors the first, the waiting time for the bounty recipient to receive the token is a time to assess the potential of the ICO. If the exchange rate of Token for distributing to the investors is still higher, then hold, and then drop quickly, I will sell immediately after receiving the Token.

matsusomoto

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:03:25 PM

Nope because these tokens could be worth much few weeks or months when it was distributed,so we need to carefully hold these tokens especially those projects which has good future,check the roadmap if these tokens would have good future or it will be worthless because most of these projects are scam which is why you should be be checking these ICOs deeply.

engrlodi

Activity: 308
Merit: 18

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:04:53 PM

I will hold my coins, because of its potential but sometimes I sell it because of its low foundation of that coins. I think many altcoins has a potential and that’s why I still holding my coins right away. It always depends of the team behind it, if the coin has a good foundation and potential for the future.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: