Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 02:12:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I make a coin?  (Read 27702 times)
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 08:18:10 PM

making a coin is simple as fuck... keeping it going for a while is a different story though, forks happen

my advice: read satoshi's whitepaper, learn a whole lot about cryptographic hashing algo's, and learn everything you can about c++

If you use devcoins model and get the coins started you can offer bounties for people to fix forks and such I've been reading through devtome and if it would reach outside of the bitcointalk world it could change everything

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:07:15 PM

Is there anyone that could make me a coin for .1 BTC? I just want a clone with a few percentages changed I have read the devtome guide for coin cloning and it still just makes no sense to me

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:08:39 AM

Please people this would do wonders for bitcoin recognition on campus Let me know if you would need to be paid more

ocean59

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 07:27:35 AM

Please people this would do wonders for bitcoin recognition on campus Let me know if you would need to be paid more

It's going to take a *lot* more than paying some guy $90.
JonnyBravo

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

Owlmeister

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 01:19:17 PM

0.1BTC gets you what? An hour of a decent dev, or a few hours of a junior dev?

.... so what happens next?

Can you support and nurse this coin without understanding the tech side?

My advice -- if you really really want to do this, team up with some compsci people from your university. If you want to do this right, you're going to have a lot of expenses, and it sounds like you have negligable budget, so might as well make dev NOT one of your expenses.

That being said, have a look at this very good primer as to how these protocols actually work.

But come on man, how far did you get when you TRIED that devtome tutorial? I mean it walks you through the github SIGNUP FORMS, for goodness sake, gives you literally every command you need.

Operator of the L8 site family, featuring classic Roulette, Blackjack, Video Poker, Dice and more on your favourite altcoins (CLOAK, DOGE, LTC and more)
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 04:35:54 PM

0.1BTC gets you what? An hour of a decent dev, or a few hours of a junior dev?

.... so what happens next?

Can you support and nurse this coin without understanding the tech side?

My advice -- if you really really want to do this, team up with some compsci people from your university. If you want to do this right, you're going to have a lot of expenses, and it sounds like you have negligable budget, so might as well make dev NOT one of your expenses.

That being said, have a look at this very good primer as to how these protocols actually work.

But come on man, how far did you get when you TRIED that devtome tutorial? I mean it walks you through the github SIGNUP FORMS, for goodness sake, gives you literally every command you need.

I just want a clone coin so I don't need more than an hour of "dev" I have been told it is as simple as changing the numbers in front of the percentage symbol I just do not understand coding in the slightest

But I already said I have a friend that is better at this stuff that will be handling it all after I get it started and he will be making an app for the coin as well so that people with smartphones can do stuff too

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:31:39 PM

Why would it take more than $90? Everyone says it's extremely simple I'm not asking for a lawyer for an hour

ocean59

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 07:29:04 PM

Why would it take more than $90? Everyone says it's extremely simple I'm not asking for a lawyer for an hour

Because crypto-coin is not same as purchasing soda vending machine.
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 10:46:42 PM

Because crypto-coin is not same as purchasing soda vending machine.

I never said it was but asking for someone to copy and paste something for me shouldn't cost $200+ That doesn't make sense

CheekyChappy

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 11:13:26 PM

All the source code is out there, all available. It is a matter of finding someone who can help put all the pieces together, create the wallet, set the block rates, set the total number of coins to be mined etc

If it is being designed from scratch it will take a long time and then has to go through a trial and error phase too. If it is on existing source code then surely 99% of the hard work has already been done by the original programmers.

I know, I know... but the thing is I cannot help it because even though I am an absolute gentleman... I also happen to be a CheekyChappy after all:)
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 11:17:34 PM

All the source code is out there, all available. It is a matter of finding someone who can help put all the pieces together, create the wallet, set the block rates, set the total number of coins to be mined etc

If it is being designed from scratch it will take a long time and then has to go through a trial and error phase too. If it is on existing source code then surely 99% of the hard work has already been done by the original programmers.

Well from scratch yeah But I just want a clone I have someone on PM though so it's ok

smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 11:18:34 PM

Compiling the coin is the hardest part.
CheekyChappy

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 11:22:46 PM

Well from scratch yeah But I just want a clone I have someone on PM though so it's ok

It should be quite straight forward for a programmer to do. I am looking in to starting a coin too, am looking for a programmer for hire.

I know, I know... but the thing is I cannot help it because even though I am an absolute gentleman... I also happen to be a CheekyChappy after all:)
pand70

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 11:48:12 PM

I want to make a coin called "KEEP OUT Coin" and the symbol will be [KOC] and I want to make the coin revolutionary in that it pays for textbooks and "educational missionaries" to go to 3rd world countries

So if people decided to buy any "KEEP OUT Coins" or "KOC" they will be funding education around the globe and it will be a force kinda like Christian missionaries but for education instead of telling people about magic people waiting for them in the sky when they die... like the church does

How exactly the coin will pay for education and textbooks? Are you planning on doing it centralized in any way?

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 12:16:55 AM

I want to make a coin called "KEEP OUT Coin" and the symbol will be [KOC] and I want to make the coin revolutionary in that it pays for textbooks and "educational missionaries" to go to 3rd world countries

So if people decided to buy any "KEEP OUT Coins" or "KOC" they will be funding education around the globe and it will be a force kinda like Christian missionaries but for education instead of telling people about magic people waiting for them in the sky when they die... like the church does

How exactly the coin will pay for education and textbooks? Are you planning on doing it centralized in any way?

It would be like devtome and I would go out and ind people that deserved scholarships they wouldn't

duuuuude

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 12:31:02 AM

how will you defend your coin agains 51% attack, bots, or superuser groups just ready to crash a coin, the easiest part is setting the coin up, handeling it and helping it survive is the challenge.   its like your a gardener and you dont even know what dirt is.  alot, alot, alot of reading is needed.

j
GameKyuubi

Activity: 253
Merit: 1413

DTCxNMC

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 12:41:42 AM

If you did manage to get this set up, it'd be a huge risk for students to invest in.

BTC: 15SLrNo6PKVfsH5JLtatJcVkSQXCk1LXyq
full stack Node
pand70

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 12:50:26 AM

It would be like devtome and I would go out and ind people that deserved scholarships they wouldn't

I still don't understand how this will work out and how exactly you have it on your mind. Who will decide which people need shcolarships etc. You?

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 02:15:42 AM

how will you defend your coin agains 51% attack, bots, or superuser groups just ready to crash a coin, the easiest part is setting the coin up, handeling it and helping it survive is the challenge.   its like your a gardener and you dont even know what dirt is.  alot, alot, alot of reading is needed.

j

Well I have a coin in the works that will not be available for ASIC mining so for one... That
And since a percentage of the earnings will go elsewhere for my later coins it will be harder to mine 51% since 100% are not minable

How are you going to say I don't know what I am doing before waiting for a reply?

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 02:17:02 AM

If you did manage to get this set up, it'd be a huge risk for students to invest in.

I never said anything about anyone investing I said they could get them free

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: