Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:33:02 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The whole quark thingy  (Read 2960 times)
Meebo

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 01:46:33 PM

Thank you for the link. That really looks like a good distribution, but how do you know that each wallet represents only 1 holder? Couldn't it be possible, that for example 1 holder has the top 10 wallets?

There is always possibility for this and sadly it can never be answered, but it is not Quark specific issue. This can happen with every coin Sad
rix5

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 01:58:25 PM

qrk is just working like a clockwork. It is reliable. All the haters hate cuz they missed the train cuz of their ignorance. xpm and qrk gonna be both big because of cpu-only-mining that is. Anybody being able to mine without much extra hardware means lots of nodes in the network. That means: healthy network -> even more secure.
You can not save up money in a coin where you have to be affraid the network dies down any moment. Qrk and xpm could be suitable for real money-saving.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 02:01:04 PM

1. try using the search function because this gets asked daily

2. the only people that have negative things to say about qrk are those that have none.

go ahead and read other quark threads.

MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 02:04:32 PM

Okay let me get this straight.

You guys claim that quark was insta-mined by 10 people.. well then post the addresses. All I read is some guy said this and that. No one has proof. Not that I have seen anyways.

Here is my take on the whole quark is spread evenly..

When it was released it was worthless. Who the fuck in their right mind would point a botnet at it to mine millions of coins when they could have been mining something that was actually profitable. When Quark was released I pointed 3 or 4 of my computers at it and let them go. I don't recall seeing huge botnets mining it. There were a handful of miners with low hashrates like me. Right up until Digital Industry started making noise about the coin. Thats when people started to jump on it. Before there were about 50 workers on qrk.coinmine.pl now there are over 2000. I do believe that the coin was evenly distributed.

ya ya I know they could have used their botnet to solo it but is someone actually going to go to the trouble to setup a private pool to mine a worthless coin?

Yurizhai

Activity: 764
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 02:08:58 PM

It's basically going to go down as one of the greatest scamcoins of all time.
indiemax

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 02:46:55 PM

Go ahead and tell us how it pans out?

then go buy yourself a lottery ticket
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 02:48:58 PM

Someone escaped from btc-e trollbox
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 02:54:00 PM

Quark is as well distributed (if not more) as Bitcoin. Also, unlike BitCoin, Quark was not premined.

Quark benefits over Bitcoin:

1) More secure
2) Faster transactions
3) Small inflation coded in (this is huge plus and adds to stability of the currency)
4) ASIC farms were not able to steal all Quarks (it was mined by people not corporations)
5) It is just starting to take off and being noticed as one of the "big players" (BitCoin and LiteCoin people really hate this)

What the actual fuck.. "more distributed" are you high?

The coin was made so that a few people could mine 98% of the total coins ever within the first months. The majority of those are owned by less than 10 people. Look it up. (They are even trying to hide the coins the last few days by splitting them up into different addresses)

And about the marketcap, its misleading and artificially kept that high because the actual volume of coins available is a fraction of those 2%.

If you made a blueprint on how to create a coin scam, it would be exactly like this. By the book exactly like this.

He is not high, you are just unable to understand how he is correct.

THERE IS MORE TO FAIR DISTRIBUTION THAN MINING. Do some homework then come back to discuss. You are crying because you did not mine and worse still you did not by at 37 lol. Stop spreading misinformation and buy some before you cry harder.

paratox

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 03:28:40 PM

THERE IS MORE TO FAIR DISTRIBUTION THAN MINING. Do some homework then come back to discuss. You are crying because you did not mine and worse still you did not by at 37 lol. Stop spreading misinformation and buy some before you cry harder.

Care to explain?

I am genuinely interested in quarkcoin, but first I wanna understand the concept before I buy in on the hype.
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 03:33:20 PM

I post this here in hope to get more objective opinion Smiley

Can anyone please explain to me what's the deal behind current quark hype? It is growing reasonably fast and could be used for some nice speculative profits, but some guys in altcoin forums view it like second coming of all deities combined and have some weird siege mentality.

From what I see, quark isn't more exceptional than any of other coins, plus it have that built-in inflation that I don't like and kind of breaks the whole point.

Again, I post here rather than in altcoin forums, as there I kind of feel like a black communist guy that accidentally dropped to GOP meeting.

its not inflation its  equilibrium its a fixed  to slightly deflationary money supply  .

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
paratox

Activity: 124

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 03:40:10 PM

Thank you for the link. That really looks like a good distribution, but how do you know that each wallet represents only 1 holder? Couldn't it be possible, that for example 1 holder has the top 10 wallets?

There is always possibility for this and sadly it can never be answered, but it is not Quark specific issue. This can happen with every coin Sad

Yes of course this is a possibility with all coins. But with the amount of mined coins in such a short time, it would have more of an impact, than with a coin, were even after 1 year  an average guy could mine a fair amount of coins compared to the guy who mined at the beginning

With quarkcoin it seems like the guy who mined in the first half year will get on average around  ~240x more coins for the same work than the one who mine after 1 year.

Don't get me wrong, I do like the security concept and the CPU only mining. But I still can't wrap my head around the stated argument, that this distribution is fair.
Ailure

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 03:44:00 PM

1) More secure
BTC is pretty secure as it is. Unless quantum computing is making major leaps or there is a weakness found in SHA, it's secure enough. And to be honest, if something was threatening the security of BTC such as quantum computing... it would pretty much affect all current cryptocurrencies save for the first quantum-crypto based coins. Wink
2) Faster transactions
Blockchain bloat have been a concern for BTC lately (although probably wouldn't turn out to be a problem for a bit longer). Wouldn't the shorter target time of Quark make this a possible bigger issue if quark got big?
3) Small inflation coded in (this is huge plus and adds to stability of the currency)
Doubt it have any real effect on stability due to the power that is speculation. Plus the sudden decrease in reward seems certainly more unfair towards late adopters than the bitcoin reward halving (reward difficulty aside mind you), almost like it was made to make the coin suddenly rise up in value artificially.
4) ASIC farms were not able to steal all Quarks (it was mined by people not corporations)
Isn't this the said advantage for pretty much all non-SHA256 coins so far? Plus it's arguable much easier to mine with large botnets making it more unfair towards those who prefer legal ways.
5) It is just starting to take off and being noticed as one of the "big players" (BitCoin and LiteCoin people really hate this)
Altcoins in general tend to be discussed and traded between people who already are into cryptocurrencies, and to be frank probably mostly people who wants to mine without competing with the SHA256 asic miners, especially since there been a explosion of altcoins ever since ASIC miners obsoloted GPU mining. Even litecoin that is currently the second biggest cryptocurrency have a tendency to follow BTC's value. I'm doubting that over longterm, Quark would be different in this department.

Distribution dosen't really tell much IMO as it's really easy to spread coins over a huge amount of different addresses.
nrhs05

Activity: 268
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:00:21 PM

Lets say it is a pre-mined coin, the coin is slowly released into the market at different values. In terms of the creators become rich (which.. in all honesty i cant blame them if they hold some for $ they created the damn thing so stfu with your crying). 

So now the coins are in the market, value is high, HUGE public interest and media coverage and the "pump and dump" of the creators is over, but value is still high as the masses has adopted the coin and is still being traded in good volumes.  Well then is it still a scam coin as it is evenly distributed now?

I guess my point is if the coin survives the pump and dump section of its existence, then who cares.  I think if a few people hold the coin, and release it properly then is stands a much better chance at becoming a good coin than a coin who dumps 75% of its whole coins a few days after it hits exchanges to a handful of people.

btc: bc1q3ll9xul5mpyq5vqgzdwj079xl2gxafhrgr3kq0
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:10:09 PM

Lets say it is a pre-mined coin, the coin is slowly released into the market at different values. In terms of the creators become rich (which.. in all honesty i cant blame them if they hold some for $ they created the damn thing so stfu with your crying).  

So now the coins are in the market, value is high, HUGE public interest and media coverage and the "pump and dump" of the creators is over, but value is still high as the masses has adopted the coin and is still being traded in good volumes.  Well then is it still a scam coin as it is evenly distributed now?

I guess my point is if the coin survives the pump and dump section of its existence, then who cares.  I think if a few people hold the coin, and release it properly then is stands a much better chance at becoming a good coin than a coin who dumps 75% of its whole coins a few days after it hits exchanges to a handful of people.

+1. They just whine why another guy was smarter and noticed Quark earlier than they did and made a decent profit. I mean 6 months is a pretty long time. It's not Quarks fault some are inactive in the forums or too busy with their own investment. Altough it's far from too late, it's still very cheap you could be early adopters.
aggster

Activity: 214

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:22:15 PM

is there proof that this was pre-mined, I managed to get a fair share of them for a month or so with my intel i5. I solo mined over a million of them till the difficulty went too high, gutted I sold them all for peanuts.
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 04:24:07 PM

i for one bought a few for the long term (months) and who knows. i didnt put all my money on it. But quark looks better than 50 other altcoins there...
Doublelucky

Activity: 113

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:27:32 PM

I'm so glad that Quark is surviving and thriving even after all the scrutiny and hate

Everywhere you turn there is a Quark hater trying to bring down the coin.. They read about two lines regarding Quark saying it's a "scamcoin" "instamined" and automatically make their minds up on the spot, without looking into anything else further, and confirmation bias comes along whenever they hear somebody scream shit about Quark (i.e. btc-e trollbox, posted comments)

So when they all see Quark's price steadily increase, a wave of envy runs through their body and the only way to escape some of the pain, is by following around Quark threads and media- and posting shit about it - in hopes to discourage new investors and bring down the price - so ultimately, they can selfishly feel a small sense of relief from a lower opportunity cost of not buying some Quark in the first place.

Quark has been addressing every single issue that has been brought to their attention since all the hate.. Just read through the Quark forums.. The haters keep posting the same fucking questions and criticisms over and over again - despite them already being addressed - and some scream that "quark creators and devs aren't responding to my questions etc. - Yeah maybe because they've been asked that question 100 times already and addressed it 100 times - it gets extremely tedious and annoying to have to regurgitate the same answers over and over again - if you really cared about answers and were interested - then browse for 2 minutes and you'll find your answers - if you don't want Quark then just don't buy and shutup

Question for you anti-quark trolls:

Have you noticed that there are significantly less trolls talking smack about Quark in the past few days?

(Have you thought maybe it's because they've all jumped on the train? and left the dumbest, most ignorant, close-minded ones behind (you) )

Ailure

Activity: 68

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:42:57 PM

You know, I'm getting a deja vu from the bitcoin bubbles here.

Everyone who speaks in doubts gets quickly labeled as a hater to a almost zealotish extent, while everyone else tries to hype up the price. Eventually it ends with a pop as large jumps in value tend to be unsustainable, and people who held onto their coins loses a lot of money and there is a lot of told you so from people. It's kinda pisses me off, as naive people get caught in the hype but since they jumped on the train late they wind up losing money. Of course we all knew that BTC eventually recovered each and every time so far.

And to be honest, Quarkcoin value is going to "crash" just like BTC bubbles of the past, it's a bit naive to think that it's current price trend is gonna keep up forever. It's not a matter of if, but a matter of when. And also a matter if it would keep going like BTC is at the moment, or never really recovers from it's crash.
exige

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:44:48 PM

The one thing Quark has going for it is that the community seems to really be rallying behind it.  Hopefully that is sustainable.

One thing I was wondering about is how the math works for the 247million mined coins + 1% inflation.  The max coins in the code is set to 500,000,000.  Is the inflation based on the halving of the reward and the other parameters, so that it just works out that way?  How was the max coins of 500M determined?

...as skeptical as I am, I do have some QRK because who knows

edit:By community I mean the quark community, not the community at large...they seem to really have a lot of "true believers" - a little concerning on the flip side because it also seems like a fair number of non-technical/non-savvy investors plopped a bunch of money into it.
syp

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:51:11 PM

Even though I kinda like the name Quark I have a hard time believing the general public is not going to find the name a bit off-putting.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: