Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 07:06:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [IPFS] [MN] [POS] Aegeus - A new era of Data Management  (Read 32071 times)
larrysm

Activity: 41
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 03:25:11 PM

[b]4  days[/b] till the reveal ! Cool
Really exciting news!
Aegeus (OP)

Activity: 254
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2018, 10:37:44 AM

We will have an additional surprise this weekend/early next week  Smiley

Aegeus (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2018, 02:05:09 PM

Mandatory wallet update before the 1st of October

2.0.4 contains the new wallet design, and the implentation of the governance system as well.
Please update your wallets and masternodes as soon as possible.

https://github.com/AegeusCoin/aegeus/releases/tag/2.0.4

Mambocoin

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 09:33:05 PM

no one answered me my question so here it goes again :

Where does AEG get the development funds to pay for exchanges, developers etc ?
I understand that each block makes 20 coins, 10 goes for Masternodes and 10 to Staking wallets . so how the project is sustained?

plus a new one, only masternode holders will be able to vote, what happened if I have a big staking wallet?

larrysm

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 10:02:58 PM

no one answered me my question so here it goes again :

Where does AEG get the development funds to pay for exchanges, developers etc ?
I understand that each block makes 20 coins, 10 goes for Masternodes and 10 to Staking wallets . so how the project is sustained?

plus a new one, only masternode holders will be able to vote, what happened if I have a big staking wallet?

Hey,

We spent our own BTC to list at crypto-bridge where we sold parts of the premine in a ladder strucure. We did burn some parts of the premine, but still have a part of it left. We have now implemented governance help us grow the coin. Only masternodes are allowed to vote, if you want to vote you should consider to setup some nodes instead of staking.
Aegeus (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 05:19:30 AM

New wallet looking mint !  Cool

Thanks!

examplens
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 3217

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 03:14:20 PM

Wow, new wallet really looks impressive. But I have one suggestion.
Why is the wallet window is not responsible? They have a default size, and I can't resize them. Just want to have more than one windows opened on my desktop, but now Aegeus wallet take 80% of my screen and I can't change it.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
wookie25

Activity: 26

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 05:26:43 PM

Definitely the best QT wallet I've seen!
JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 07:09:11 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2018, 11:30:48 AM by JanpriX

Just installed the updated wallet and d*mn, this is a very nice looking wallet. The color combination of white (silver?) and blue is quite pleasing to the eye. The UI itself looks very clean and very elegant. No useless logos or pictures. Good job to the person/team that designed this wallet.  Wink

Why is the wallet window is not responsible? They have a default size, and I can't resize them. Just want to have more than one windows opened on my desktop, but now Aegeus wallet take 80% of my screen and I can't change it.
I don't have this kind of problem at all. Maybe that is a sole problem on your end (PC)? Tried resizing my wallet and didn't get any issue with it. The maximize button for its size is also functioning.
examplens
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 10:40:38 PM

Just installed the updated wallet and d*mn, this is a very nice looking wallet. The color combination of white (silver?) and blue is quite pleasing to the eye. The UI itself looks very clean and very elegant. No useless logos or pictures. Good job to the person/team that designed this wallet.  Wink

I don't this kind of problem at all. Maybe that is a sole problem on your end (PC)? Tried resizing my wallet and didn't get any issue with it. The maximize button for its size is also functioning.

I can also to maximize windows, and I can extend it. His minimum size it's too big for me and I can't shrink it more

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
JanpriX

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 11:36:53 AM

I don't this kind of problem at all. Maybe that is a sole problem on your end (PC)? Tried resizing my wallet and didn't get any issue with it. The maximize button for its size is also functioning.

I can also to maximize windows, and I can extend it. His minimum size it's too big for me and I can't shrink it more

Oh, now that you explained it and after trying it with my machine, I can also say that the same thing happens to me too. Maybe the team can add this (able to minimize the QT window in any size that we want) in their next wallet update. This will be very much appreciated by the folks like us.  Wink
larrysm

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 06:17:38 PM

Aiodex listing tomorrow!
Aegeus (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 06:55:33 PM

Dear Aegeus Community,

We have chosen to introduce a poll regarding the Masternode Collateral. So, you have your input in this change.

We have chosen to provide 3 options below;

A= 25K

Pros:
Will initially reduce the current amount of Masternodes by approximately 80%
9,590,000 / 5,000 = 1918
9,590,000 / 25,000 = 383
Higher barrier to entry = more serious investors / higher volume
Less Masternodes = more frequent payouts to serious investors
Serious investors = Less dumpers = Higher value

Cons:
Too costly for less fortunate investors that believe in the project to get Masternodes. Fewer voters for governance initially.
Requires updates (which turns people off)

B= 35K

Pros:
Will reduce the number of Masternodes on the network reducing the time between reward holders and will make it more profitable to run a node. Will eliminate the people who don't believe in the project and will bring rewards to the people who really believe in the project.

Cons:
May cost too much for people that believe in the project currently about $350 for a Masternode. Would reduce the number of governance votes to a few hundred instead of a few thousand.
C=50K

Pros:
Masterodes becomes profitable to host, even when price suffers. 90% of our discord users have joined us from www.masternode.online and they are looking to buy a profitable coin even if the initial cost is higher than Option A & B.

Cons:
Big increase, forces smaller investors to stake if the price would increase Would create a big dump in worst case scenario.

As you will notice a lot of the pros and cons for each category are very similar because theoretically, they're fixing the same issue. The only real difference between each tier is the level of seriousness to acquire an AEG Masternode.

At this moment in time, the AEG Masternode is not attractive to the buyers and it hardly covers the VPS cost. The collateral change will make holding a Masternode more attractive as the monthly reward will also increase, meaning that the rewards will cover the VPS costs and then some.
Not everyone is supposed to own a Masternode. Only early investors and they have already acquired a handsome amount of AEG in rewards, now it's the time to make it worth having an AEG Masternode. Anyone with less than 25K AEG will be able to stake. So, in short, there will be no losers.
(*Note: We had an organized team vote prior to this earlier on and we decided to increase the collateral and propose it to our wider community)

Vote closing date: 28th of September 2018
Time: 7 pm EST

Please vote responsibly!

Best Wishes,
The Aegeus Team

You can vote on our Discord ( https://discord.gg/nzWManK ) in the community-vote room.

mundoyk

Activity: 127
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 10:09:32 PM

the best option is 25k
JanpriX

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 10:38:43 PM

Dear Aegeus Community,

-snip-

Vote closing date: 28th of September 2018
Time: 7 pm EST

Please vote responsibly!

Best Wishes,
The Aegeus Team

You can vote on our Discord ( https://discord.gg/nzWManK ) in the community-vote room.
As for me, the best option that I'm seeing right now is option B. The first option is still way too cheap while the last one is way too expensive. The 2nd option sits comfortably on my choices and I'll definitely vote for it in the Discord channel. This will definitely provide change in what's happening with AEG's price right now. Hopefully, the demand will be renewed because of this change.

Anyone who believes in this coin should take part in the voting schedule. The Devs gave us the opportunity to choose in which direction we would want to go so carefully vote for the option that you think is best for AEG.  Wink
Aegeus (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 04:15:14 AM

Thanks for your feedback! Please go to our discord, and make sure you give your votes! Thank you!

examplens
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 09:28:51 AM

what would be projected monthly MN rewards in 25k and 35k collateral and possible "383" masternodes?
Why do you think it will remain in a low number of MN? People will invest if coin stable and generate earning.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
davey76

Activity: 508
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 10:50:17 AM

So the coin value went down a lot (faster than the altcoin market went down) and now we will face a much bigger collateral. What will Aegeus do next when the price tanks even more? 100k collateral?
zaragosa

Activity: 76
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:33:39 PM
Merited by dbshck (1)

The raising of collateral is a good idea.

I hope people understand that raising the collateral doesn't mean getting the same rewards, and that raising the rewards mean more coins will be generated per day. No.

Raising the collateral to i.e. 25000 means you get 5x the rewards you'll get from a 5000 collateral. But since there will be fewer masternodes, it means that the increase in rewards is the result from the daily reward being distributed to a smaller number of masternodes.

If anything, this helps the price a lot making VPS fees worth it. I personally voted for 50k, but hey 25k is fine.

The thing here is, people are saying "What if the price goes down again?"

You're assuming that this is the only tech release they have. They already finished the prototype of the IPFS feature, and it works as seen on their livestream. When the product is released with the GUI, partnerships come along with this and also exchange listings as big exchanges require a use case for the coin(CHECK), and legal papers for the team, which the team is already currently working on(CHECK).
C X P

Activity: 36

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:51:46 PM

I actually believe the collateral increase is a good idea. Like most all coins price has bottomed out. But this isn't about price. First of with rewords being split 50/50 yo mn reword and staking reword per block, increasing collateral is not really going to affect your payout wheather you stake or you run a mn. Secondly a coin with no set total ammount of coins will need higher collateral to keep balance in the ecosystem. Say once 300m coins have been produced for example that would be a huge ammount of mns available and most people would then stake. Leaving the privacy from obfuscation lacking. As the coin grows so too shall the collateral. Early adopters that save their coins should have no problem growing along side the coin. Balance is very important for sustainability and growth. Also with a working prototype developed demand will grow. Once AEG launches and AEG coins begin being used In the ecosystem this will create more demdemademdemandemdemademdemand obviously. Nearing 30m coins a collateral change is just what AGE needs to grow, ( think not just price but overall growth) and mature into a well balanced ecosystem. Some say raising collateral is a last ditch effort for a dying mn, while that may be true for some coins that have no real product and are a copy and paste of earlier projects usually with no staking involved or unbalanced reword system. AEG on the other hand as I mentioned has a working prototype 50/50 split block reword structure and room to grow with no current max supply. It actually makes a lot of since once you break it down. Good luck team would love to see more exposure banner adds other traditional forms of traditional marketing. All in all AEG with a market cap of 300k could prove a very lucrative investment for the coming months and years. BEST OF LUCK TEAM AEG!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: