Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 05:44:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Nation  (Read 10435 times)
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 03:11:05 AM

Please, no!
It's one of bitcoin's greatest asset that it is outside all nations and countries, please don't build a new one. Bitcoin shall not be used to create a new nation, but to destroy all the existing ones. Who needs a nation?

everyone  Wink  some people look at anarchy as the lack of nations, i prefer to look at it as having 7billion of them.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Bitcoin-hotep

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 06:00:38 AM

If the bitcoin nation became a nation of research, development, discovery, recovery, reconstruction and charity then no one would attack it and everyone would protect it

Bitcoin-hotep

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 10:01:39 PM

How many people are really really wanting to do this?

Cryddit
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1129

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 10:25:43 PM

Hell, I've been giggling since the idea was brought up.

"Let's start our own country" is completely impossible for anyone who isn't, first, willing to point heavy weapons at someone else's face and pull the triggers, and second, surrounded by compatriots also willing to do so.

Since we've seen no evidence of hardcore sociopaths here, and the supply of people whose entire families have been murdered etc by the people they'd have to kill (or otherwise 'radicalized' revolutionaries) seems near zero, it's pretty clear that nobody here is going to start a country.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 10:55:59 PM

If bitcoin goes to one million? I'd dump a few into it, at least. Less than that and it's not really realistic.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
Bitcoin-hotep

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 11:17:33 PM

"Let's start our own country" is completely impossible for anyone who isn't, first, willing to point heavy weapons at someone else's face and pull the triggers, and second, surrounded by compatriots also willing to do so.

You're wrong

Look up the recently created internet nation of Lovely You can even become a citizen

Bitcoin-hotep

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 11:21:30 PM

If bitcoin goes to one million? I'd dump a few into it, at least. Less than that and it's not really realistic.

The only thing not being realistic is you

If they were 1 million each it would only take like 2000 bitcoins to do this Plus create a standing army

That's not a lot of bitcoins at all And if we are going to do this we will need at least 1000 people And I expect that they will need more than 2 bitcoins each realistically and that would be easy to achieve realistically even if bitcoins were $5000 each Because again needing like 1000+ people means we would have a lot of people putting stuff in together

Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 02:00:30 AM

If bitcoin is going to move the world it has to be worth enough to, well, move the world. Thousands/coin is not going to do that. Not even tens of thousands. It's millions or bust for world change. I'd be fine with just making a tidy profit too of course, but the more the better.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
Bitcoin-hotep

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 02:48:49 AM

If bitcoin is going to move the world it has to be worth enough to, well, move the world. Thousands/coin is not going to do that. Not even tens of thousands. It's millions or bust for world change. I'd be fine with just making a tidy profit too of course, but the more the better.

Don't confuse bitcoin and crypto Their is a whole crypto world to work with Bitcoin is not alone

Bitcoin-hotep

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 06:57:08 PM

I just posted this in the DOGE coin thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=361813.msg4013046#msg4013046) we should start talking about this in the DOGE thread If DOGE and BTC worked together they could get a lot more done than they could alone

So if DOGE wants to go to the moon Shouldn't we start some space exploration projects?

This telescope went out like 4 years ago or more and took these pictures What if we funded a second telescope that was designed to take pictures of the locations that were most interesting in the first telescope

They have been doing things like looking for planets that are in the right temperature zone to survive and that have green and blue mass And even if they have not found anything like that yet They have found some amazing stuff

deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 07:21:38 PM

If they were 1 million each it would only take like 2000 bitcoins to do this Plus create a standing army

Price is not wealth, and wealth is not money. If you were able to buy (or sell) one Satoshi at an exchange rate of one million dollars per bitcoin, this wouldn't automatically imply that you could actually buy something worth a billion dollars with a thousand bitcoins...

Bitcoin-hotep

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 07:28:29 PM

Price is not wealth, and wealth is not money. If you were able to buy (or sell) one Satoshi at an exchange rate of one million dollars per bitcoin, this wouldn't automatically imply that you could actually buy something worth a billion dollars with a thousand bitcoins...

Your not even arguing the point any more Are you trying to prove that bitcoins can't be spent everywhere in the world yet? Great we all know that

Are you trying to prove that bubbles exist? Awesome

I'm talking about creating a nation of bitcoiners

deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 07:36:07 PM

Your not even arguing the point any more Are you trying to prove that bitcoins can't be spent everywhere in the world yet? Great we all know that

Oh, excuse me! I thought you were going to spend just 2000 bitcoins for that plus create a standing army... On a serious note though, do you really think that if bitcoin exchange rate somehow hit a million dollars per BTC, you would actually be able to buy anything valuable with 2,000 of them?

If you sell 1 Satoshi to your friend for 1 million dollars per BTC, will it change anything?

Bitcoin-hotep

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 08:10:14 PM

Oh, excuse me! I thought you were going to spend just 2000 bitcoins for that plus create a standing army... On a serious note though, do you really think that if bitcoin exchange rate somehow hit a million dollars per BTC, you would actually be able to buy anything valuable with 2,000 of them?

If you sell 1 Satoshi to your friend for 1 million dollars per BTC, will it change anything?

The original point you made was that bitcoin would have to be worth 1,000,000 each for this to happen

I basically replied "no it will be able to happen far before that"

I feel like the discussion just spiraled out of control from there

deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 08:33:25 PM

The original point you made was that bitcoin would have to be worth 1,000,000 each for this to happen

Which part of my post made you think so? In fact, I was saying that if bitcoins were worth 1,000,000 dollars each as extrapolated from the price paid for one Satoshi, this wouldn't imply that all bitcoins would actually have such purchasing power...

Bitcoin-hotep

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 08:50:23 PM

Which part of my post made you think so? In fact, I was saying that if bitcoins were worth 1,000,000 dollars each as extrapolated from the price paid for one Satoshi, this wouldn't imply that all bitcoins would actually have such purchasing power...

I'm not denying that the purchasing power would be great at that point I am just saying that this project does not need that to happen before the project itself can happen

Bittzy78
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1019

I do not give financial advice .. do your own DD

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 09:40:35 PM

Been thinking about the same thing. Maybe something like an artificial floating island, possibly a huge ship-city that can sail around the world as needed. With an airport for easy travel and obviously easy to anchor a personal boat to it for those so inclined. We would have to import everything this way, but we can afford to and it would also mean that other nations benefit from us since they would be making money.

Yeah, if we are talking about a large ship that constantly sails the world, it might be very possible. If you have a physical country then you will have to do things such as make laws, raise taxes, build an army and provide social welfare programs. I think a crypto-ship would be kinda interesting though.

~ 2 cents ~

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░▒▒▒████████████████▒▒▒░░
░░▒▒██████████████████████▒▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒█████████▀▀▀▀███████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████▀      ▀██████▀    ▀████▒░░
░░▒██████▄        ▀██▀       ████▒░░
░░▒███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▒░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
Facebook | Twitter | Discord | Insane Hub
battlescars

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 11:40:46 PM

So if we form our own nation who will be president and prime minister, what will we do to scammers or criminals.

will we have clean water and shelter with appropriate clothing? What will we do when other countries try to take our resources.

Will the bitcoin nation have a military and spies to see what other countries are doing?

Should we enter the UN or EU?
O.O

Bittzy78
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1019

I do not give financial advice .. do your own DD

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 12:24:39 AM

So if we form our own nation who will be president and prime minister, what will we do to scammers or criminals.

will we have clean water and shelter with appropriate clothing? What will we do when other countries try to take our resources.

Will the bitcoin nation have a military and spies to see what other countries are doing?

O.O

I think it would be something closer to the MS The World cruise ship. The entire population of the ship owns the ship and pays for it's maintenance. If you want to sell your cabin, you can do so. You can also come and go as you please as the ship comes into different ports. The catch is, no matter how much time you spend on the ship, you must pay for it's upkeep every year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS_The_World

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░▒████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒█████████▀▀▀▀███████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████▀      ▀██████▀    ▀████▒░░
░░▒██████▄        ▀██▀       ████▒░░
░░▒███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▒░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
Facebook | Twitter | Discord | Insane Hub
Bitcoin-hotep

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 05:41:00 AM

O.O

I think leaders would be picked based on where in the boat you are so that each region has it's own leaders Then a captain that gets to make major decisions and direction changes

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: