Bitcoin Forum
September 20, 2018, 05:40:56 PM *
News: ♦♦ Bitcoin Core users must update to 0.16.3 [Torrent]. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ■■■My 2013 legendary account was hacked :( help me to find how and to recover it  (Read 883 times)
hilariousetc
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1334

highly educated moran

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 10:00:19 AM

I am even fearing theymos and Cyrus are somehow filtering my messages,

I doubt it. I'm not sure there's a way to block your messages without you knowing so (if they blocked you it would say as such). They're either just purposely not opening anything they see to do with account recoveries or are just ignoring them and not looking into verifying them at all. Messages can also get buried very fast due to multiple users messaging moderators and as admins they probably receive the most mail of all staff, but they can't all be getting buried because I haven't seen an account publicly restored in many many months nor do other people seem to be getting a response at all about it. theymos has stated he doesn't have time to look into them because he's busy coding the forum but I haven't heard a response from Cyrus. He also either doesn't have the time or just can't be bothered. Unless more admins are added or theymos codes the automatic recovery tool and implements that then I can't see accounts getting recovered anytime soon, sadly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Realerre

Activity: 90
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 09:47:13 PM

I am even fearing theymos and Cyrus are somehow filtering my messages,

I doubt it. I'm not sure there's a way to block your messages without you knowing so (if they blocked you it would say as such). They're either just purposely not opening anything they see to do with account recoveries or are just ignoring them and not looking into verifying them at all. Messages can also get buried very fast due to multiple users messaging moderators and as admins they probably receive the most mail of all staff, but they can't all be getting buried because I haven't seen an account publicly restored in many many months nor do other people seem to be getting a response at all about it. theymos has stated he doesn't have time to look into them because he's busy coding the forum but I haven't heard a response from Cyrus. He also either doesn't have the time or just can't be bothered. Unless more admins are added or theymos codes the automatic recovery tool and implements that then I can't see accounts getting recovered anytime soon, sadly.

So, i need to make noise.
What kind of noise would have the best probability to be noted by admins, in your opinion?

EDIT: shame on me, I did this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4927603.msg44579189#msg44579189
Realerre

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 08:28:16 PM

Up!
stolenthey4kman

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 09:44:15 PM

I was just fishing on the dock when I noticed my old johnboat sinking. I figured I'd go bailing out water, 'cause I might want to drop my line in the middle of the lake later. And what do I see but a guy with a pail dutifully scooping out water from his yacht! He's been marking the days in paint on the side of the quarters. Sisyphus, one must consider you happy.

My account got hacked. I haven't logged into these forums in years.

https://i.imgur.com/DoZdSNC.png

SMF 1.1 has been discontinued since March.

Sorry about your yacht. And my johnboat. I guess in order to have a boat in these waters, it's also your responsibility to have a time machine to stop thieves of tomorrow.
Realerre

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 07:40:02 PM

I was just fishing on the dock when I noticed my old johnboat sinking. I figured I'd go bailing out water, 'cause I might want to drop my line in the middle of the lake later. And what do I see but a guy with a pail dutifully scooping out water from his yacht! He's been marking the days in paint on the side of the quarters. Sisyphus, one must consider you happy.

My account got hacked. I haven't logged into these forums in years.

SMF 1.1 has been discontinued since March.

Sorry about your yacht. And my johnboat. I guess in order to have a boat in these waters, it's also your responsibility to have a time machine to stop thieves of tomorrow.

Do you think that simplemachine discontinuing upgrades have something to do with the hack? I don't see massive hacks here...

Also, UP!
Realerre

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 11:28:19 AM

Up and asking for community's help
Realerre

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 04:48:53 PM

Up!
Realerre

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 04:21:28 PM

Up!
Realerre

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 04:00:43 PM

Up!
Realerre

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 06:19:56 PM

Up!
Yuliya2404

Activity: 238
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 08:52:02 PM

Some rules to avoid the hack

-Download untrusted wallets in a virtual machine
-Use a virgin email to the forum account
-Save the website on bookmarks
-Always check

Can "Secret question" function somehow prevent hacking? I wonder, if the hacker picked up the password then why account owner didn't get mail that someone entered his account from another IP. Protection of accounts is not at the highest level Sad

◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕
BRIDGING MARKETS
██          AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM          ██
Realerre

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 06:09:03 AM

Someone deleted an ass image that I posted to up this thread, and this is very sad...why delete asses? Send a message to theymos addressing the issue instead
Buttermellow

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

https://bitgoals.com

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 12:41:16 PM

I really hate those people who are good for nothing hacking accounts like this. At first i only thought that a savage is only happening in the real world or outside of the forum but seeing this threads concludes that even here in the forum there are really this kind of people who are hacking BCT accounts and a not just ordinary account because it was a legendary rank.

█ █ █████████  BITGOALS  █████████ █ █
SPORT TOKEN PROTOCOL: REWARDS FOR SPORT ACTIVITIES
https://bitgoals.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.