Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:25:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The propaganda of artificial intelligence  (Read 4154 times)
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 03:10:24 PM

Consciousness does not belong to the material world. You cannot apply your logic to it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 03:13:50 PM

Consciousness does not belong to the material world. You cannot apply your logic to it.

This we don't know yet. To substantiate your position, you should either provide some convincing evidence or, well, some logic proving that. Otherwise your point is unsubstantiated...

We could just not know material world well enough

deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 03:17:22 PM

Saying that the brain is not consciousness is like saying the music you are hearing is not generated by your mp3 player. Much of the information may have external origins, but the hardware itself produces the actual experience.

Yes, it is generated by the player, but the music is not the player itself. That was the point proposed ("consciousness is not the physical brain") and I agree with that assumption...
Consciousness falls into what I consider emergent complexity. Memetics is also related going back to Jung's Collective Unconscious.

Can you prove this or just provide some reasons beyond that you just happen to think so?

superresistant
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 03:22:11 PM

This we don't know yet. To substantiate your position, you should either provide some convincing evidence or, well, some logic proving that. Otherwise your point is unsubstantiated...

There is nothing to prove. Stop observing the material world, it doesn't exist any more.

The logic work on our scale because we believe in it blindly.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 03:51:17 PM

There is nothing to prove. Stop observing the material world, it doesn't exist any more.

The logic work on our scale because we believe in it blindly.

No, this won't do. You may believe in what you say, but this doesn't answer what consciousness is in the first place. Secondly, if we take your point seriously, you will have to explain how consciousness which does not belong to the material world can actually change it (through our deliberate actions)...

superresistant
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 04:16:15 PM

how consciousness which does not belong to the material world can actually change it (through our deliberate actions)...

You are making the material world by observing it.

u9y42
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 04:31:25 PM

You do realize that this requires some form of evidence backing it up for someone to take you seriously, right? There is no reason to believe the "material world" would cease to exist if consciousness did (whatever its source may be).
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 04:38:39 PM

how consciousness which does not belong to the material world can actually change it (through our deliberate actions)...

So when I fall asleep its got destroyed, right? Only for me or for everyone else? Are they too a product of my imagination consciousness? And you with your post as you don't exist beyond my mind...

superresistant
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 04:42:36 PM

Do you know about quantum physic experiments ?

Most people ignore it. Some reject it. Only few can actually understand it because it imply accepting the idea that time and space is an illusion.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 04:53:33 PM

Most people ignore it. Some reject it. Only few can actually understand it because it imply accepting the idea that time and space is an illusion.

Oh, these buzzwords, how I like them... Could you explain us in layman's terms the results these quantum physic experiments led to? If time and space is an illusion, what is not illusion then? Well, I can probably guess the answer you are going to submit...

superresistant
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 05:03:05 PM

Oh, these buzzwords, how I like them... Could you explain us in layman's terms the results these quantum physic experiments led to? If time and space is an illusion, what is not illusion then? Well, I can probably guess the answer you are going to submit...

Yes and it doesn't matter what answer I am going to submit.
There is one rule about consciousness : you cannot make something that you believe is impossible.

It is very comfortable and reassuring to believe things you see with your eyes exist and the world as it is has always been the same and will always be.
Sounds like a dream, no ?
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 05:17:59 PM

Yes and it doesn't matter what answer I am going to submit.
There is one rule about consciousness : you cannot make something that you believe is impossible.

It is very comfortable and reassuring to believe things you see with your eyes exist and the world as it is has always been the same and will always be.
Sounds like a dream, no ?

So there is only one sample of consciousness "existing", and it is mine/me, lol. Do you guys agree?
Oh, wait... What about those quantum mechanic experiments, did they actually conduct them and how then would I know? Still makes no sense...

deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 05:46:29 PM

It's probably easier to just say that the only evidence we have that consciousness exists at all is our own personal experience. Where's the evidence that it does belong in the material world?

In my opinion, the most convincing evidence is that we can change the material world in a conscious way. This actually leaves us with only two options, i.e. the material world and consciousness within it (though not yet explained), and no material (objective) world at all but only consciousness. The latter option brings about the train of logical paradoxes I raised in my previous post (possibility of only one sample of consciousness and the like)...

superresistant
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 06:52:57 PM

It's probably easier to just say that the only evidence we have that consciousness exists at all is our own personal experience. Where's the evidence that it does belong in the material world?
In my opinion, the most convincing evidence is that we can change the material world in a conscious way. This actually leaves us with only two options, i.e. the material world and consciousness within it (though not yet explained), and no material (objective) world at all but only consciousness. The latter option brings about the train of logical paradoxes I raised in my previous post (possibility of only one sample of consciousness and the like)...

Here are some news : the quantum gravity theory and the string theory together show that Universe is just a projection.

Just forget about material world. It doesn't exist.
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 06:56:05 PM

Here are some news : the quantum gravity theory and the string theory together show that Universe is just a projection.

Yet if you drop a concrete block on your toe, it hurts.  Who you gonna believe? Quantum physicists or your own bleeding toe?
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 07:01:50 PM

Last time they had been talking about Universe being a hologram, but it was a few years ago really. Are these the same (type of) guys? If material world didn't exist, what would exist then and would the word itself bear any meaning at all?

Update: this is exactly what I already heard about 5-7 years ago. Rather a stale news, I daresay!

superresistant
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 07:25:58 PM

Last time they had been talking about Universe being a hologram, but it was a few years ago really. Are these the same (type of) guys?
Update: this is exactly what I already heard about 5-7 years ago. Rather a stale news, I daresay!

Yes it was a theory few years ago. Now we have the calculations.

If material world didn't exist, what would exist then and would the word itself bear any meaning at all?

I know we learned from childhood that everything must have a meaning, everything must have a reason, Santa is bringing gift on Christmas and so on.

It doesn't have to be like that. Everything was a lie and when I say was, past actually doesn't exist.

Believe everything you want that make you happy but you will miss a big part of the understanding of the world and how to use your consciousness to create.
superresistant
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 07:27:22 PM

Yet if you drop a concrete block on your toe, it hurts.  Who you gonna believe? Quantum physicists or your own bleeding toe?

When you dream you don't know that you are dreaming.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 07:43:35 PM

I know we learned from childhood that everything must have a meaning, everything must have a reason, Santa is bringing gift on Christmas and so on.

It doesn't have to be like that. Everything was a lie and when I say was, past actually doesn't exist.

Believe everything you want that make you happy but you will miss a big part of the understanding of the world and how to use your consciousness to create.

Yesterday you had been talking there is only consciousness and nothing else besides it. Now you say they proved (well, calculated) that Universe is just a hologram whereas "the real action would play out in a simpler, flatter cosmos where there is no gravity" (yes, I did actually look across that article)... How come?

And can I really create bitcoins with all the power of my thought?

superresistant
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 08:20:05 PM

Yesterday you had been talking there is only consciousness and nothing else besides it. Now you say they proved (well, calculated) that Universe is just a hologram whereas "the real action would play out in a simpler, flatter cosmos where there is no gravity" (yes, I did actually look across that article)... How come?
And can I really create bitcoins with all the power of my thought?

This article point out that Science is going to a paradigm shift.

I cannot describe and explain all the implications and applications it have but here is one or two :

Time is not linear as we perceive it but divided into time-quanta containing moment of consciousness. That's quantization and this is where it get back to the topic : These block containing amount of information of consciousness could be in theory stored on a hard drive.

Without consciousness, all maters remain in an undetermined state of probability. The universe is an infinite sea of chunk of information, a zero dimensional world where everything exist but still have to be observed to turn into a sort of reality.
You brain receive billions of bits of information but only use a ridiculous fraction of it : that is what you call reality.
If you open you mind and accept this idea, that mean that the more you observe, the more you create. On the contrary, the more you close your mind, the smaller and poorer is your world.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: