Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:30:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Stephen Reed's Million Dollar Logistic Model  (Read 123171 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 07:35:24 PM

Any updates?

We'd have to get to $10,000 or so to be anywhere near the trend of this chart, while it's not impossable, right now it's doubtful this chart is even accurate still.

Let's see what the next few months bring, maybe we can draw some more conclusions then.

See: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=383674.0

Next growth spurt will go to 10^4 (5th growth spurt) and $10k also happens to be of the 10^4 magnitude (in fact it's exactly 10^4). Coincidence? I doubt it Smiley

It's too early to resurrect the linked thread, but when it's time, it will be epic Wink

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 11:53:58 PM

Any updates?

We'd have to get to $10,000 or so to be anywhere near the trend of this chart, while it's not impossable, right now it's doubtful this chart is even accurate still.

Let's see what the next few months bring, maybe we can draw some more conclusions then.

See: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=383674.0

Next growth spurt will go to 10^4 (5th growth spurt) and $10k also happens to be of the 10^4 magnitude (in fact it's exactly 10^4). Coincidence? I doubt it Smiley

well, it's still possible, but it's a bit early to tell right now

seems like it will take a while before we take off for real.
snowdropfore

Activity: 843
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 11:35:16 AM

no update ??

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
zimmah
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 12:49:39 AM

no update ??

Still way below this trend, maybe next year we might get near it. Either way, I am confident that we are undervalued by a lot right now.
zimmah
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 05:29:01 AM

I think it's pretty clear this chart needs to be readjusted.

The idea behind it is still valid IMO, just the numbers need to be tweaked to match reality.
Marc De Mesel

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

The Best Investment Deserves The Largest Exposure

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 10:39:26 AM

We are all learning patience.  Patience is a virtue right?  I still believe though.  The chart ends good.  Wink

Reminds me of the SSS Plan. Let's consider a reckless investor (hindsight is always 20/20) who did not have any bitcoins before they cost $1,000. Then s/he invested 50% of his total wealth (let's say it is just the absolute maximum that can be lost, not an amount that cannot be lost, which would have been an erroneous investment).

According to the plan, somewhere in between $2k-$10k, the raking should have started. But alas, the price turned down!

The bitcoins are only 20% of the purchase price  Shocked

So what to do? The answer is very easy: nothing. After the crash in price, the amount of BTC in the portfolio has gone down to 17%, which should be an amount that can be lost (if 50% was, why is 17% suddenly not? Do you even math?)

With the double-down, that is tricky. I advise against. If you had double-down in your palette, you would have done it multiple times already, dragging your whole net worth down and giving stress by constantly having tied your fortunes to BTC.

But selling is also incorrect. Cutting the long, fat tail of improbable but +EV nice returns for ... nothing?  Huh Why would you do it? Adding +20% to your non-BTC portfolio is not worth it. There is no gain in hedging (a loss instead). The mental strain for keeping the long tails in investments must be overcome! In other areas of life, it is good to clean up. In investment, that is called throwing good EV and hedging away!

If you don't want to think of BTC, don't think about it! Just don't buy nor sell unless you are sure that inaction will lead to forced decision soon, in which case you need to reconsider.

Love your posts. Smiley

I have invested differently up until today, made tons, lost it all again twice.

So have yet to learn a lot.

That being said, what I miss in your approach is that one should continue to keep an eye on fundamentals and risk/reward ratio of an investment.

We are active investors, coins, like companies, can do well, and gain real traction, real users, real utility, or just be stagnant or drop in real users.

As price in bubbles goes up, risk/reward usually becomes worse, and selling a piece is wise, but sometimes it's wiser to do nothing or buy more, if the growth of real users is even faster than the price.

Inverse is true too, it's not because something dropped a lot in price that it's a better investment and risk/reward ratio has gone up. If amount of transactions or real users also dropped a lot, or they lost their USP or just fundamentals also weakened strongly it might still be wise to sell and lock in your loss.

Easy rules to follow, like your SSS plan, are helpful, and secure, but if you want to do the job well, you will have to face the reality that investing, like entrepreneurship, is complex. There are no easy rules to follow. Everything depends on the situation. The best advise I can give is always try to be honest with yourself. We are emotional beings and fall in love with our investments, friends, partners, homes, cars, etc. But if something or someone is really not delivering the gains it should, it's in your best interest to face this as soon as possible, try to change it, and if not possible, dump it and find something better.

So I would say that cleaning up your portfolio from the losers can be very wise too, but you can only know this if you continue to study and judge the fundamentals and be as honest as possible with yourself. And ofcourse try to get rid of them on a rebound, or in a new bubble as chances are good sooner or later market price will overvalue again instead of undervalue.

Early Bitcoin, Byteball & Bitcoin Cash Investor. Loving Voluntarysm, Lambos & Girls Wink
Check out my: https://youtube.com/user/Marcdemesel - https://twitter.com/marcdemesel & https://instagram.com/marc_de_mesel
TheDasher

Activity: 346

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 07:26:58 PM

Might be time to resurrect this thread boys.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 09:15:05 PM

Might be time to resurrect this thread boys.

Probably needs to look into pushing out the timescale of adoption so the S-curve is not so 'steep'. And perhaps scale down final price target. Like allow 10-15 years to reach $500k coin or some such.

MNDan

Activity: 287
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 01:34:02 AM

I'd love to see an update to this! Or at least figure out how to update it myself...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wd-uAzKv59-4NEpAhAgEEzvKU2wKiZkX3JqToCne3Jg/edit#gid=1
koYnsta

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 03:56:37 PM

well I still believe in that model  Tongue
...the more who don't the more likely it is Wink
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 08:29:29 AM

It's happening™

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 01:16:17 AM

Smiley it's still looking good 2 weeks™

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
dave00

Activity: 353

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 07:52:22 PM

i'd love to see an updated graphic of this

To the moon!!! ┗(°0°)┛
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 08:21:07 PM

Any updates?

Exactly, I agree with you, it's just speculative at this stage, let's wait and see what the future may bring. I think it's possible to get to 10k per Bitcoin but I don't know when because that's when this model will make some sense.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 06:24:33 AM

Any updates?

Exactly, I agree with you, it's just speculative at this stage, let's wait and see what the future may bring. I think it's possible to get to 10k per Bitcoin but I don't know when because that's when this model will make some sense.

Any updates?

Bitcoinaire

Activity: 696
Merit: 439

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:01:08 AM

It'd be great to have an update, though he was last active about a year ago, 11-28-16.
Sengoko

Activity: 491
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 02:09:27 PM

hi all
Stephen reed’s million dollars logistic has been proven right to some extent after the increase in the prices at the end of last fork. But this is something speculative indeed. The marked price of dollar 10k foe a single bitcoin has yet now achieved .hence all we can do is to wait for the price to rise again.

The present market value has cause an decrease in the investment market and hence this would ultimately lead to a crash causing the prices to fall down. This is my opinion but let’s see what would happen at the end of this year.
mmortal03
Legendary

Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:33:24 PM

I don't know who owns this, but it would be nice if it got updated:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wd-uAzKv59-4NEpAhAgEEzvKU2wKiZkX3JqToCne3Jg/edit#gid=1

He was last active here a year ago, so...
dave00

Activity: 353

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:53:54 PM

You guys should take a look at this, quite similar and updated daily  Wink

http://btc.scumm.it/

To the moon!!! ┗(°0°)┛
Jimmy2011

Activity: 589
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:02:13 AM

Where can I get the history price data? Especially from Jan 2015 to the present time. Thanks in advance.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: