Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 11:10:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Stephen Reed's Million Dollar Logistic Model  (Read 123165 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:21:48 PM

At some point...if it reaches +0.7 the entire world will suddenly be aware of the bitcoin goldrush, it will be on the front of every money section of every newspaper and website in the world.

But when it returns to the norm afterwards we'll face the biggest "bubble" and "tulip mania" accusations yet. People who sold at or near the peak will be referred to as "those that got rich of Bitcoin" and will be labelled as scam artists and villains. People are fucking stupid. Be prepared for that.
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:28:48 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2014, 02:27:26 PM by farfiman

At some point...if it reaches +0.7 the entire world will suddenly be aware of the bitcoin goldrush, it will be on the front of every money section of every newspaper and website in the world.

But when it returns to the norm afterwards we'll face the biggest "bubble" and "tulip mania" accusations yet. People who sold at or near the peak will be referred to as "those that got rich of Bitcoin" and will be labelled as scam artists and villains. People are fucking stupid. Be prepared for that.
Hopefully it wont be such a violent bubble next time.I think many Hodlers will start selling big time when it hits the high thousands and limit the size of the bubble.Of course the complaints will still exist if it falls from 10K to 8K ....

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:24:49 PM

People are fucking stupid. Be prepared for that.

Cheesy gold

farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:29:07 PM

Hopefully it wont be such a violent bubble next time. I think many Hodlers will start selling big time when it hits the high thousands and limit the size of the bubble.
Of course the complaints will still exist if it falls from 10K to 8K ....

I do hope the bubble will be violent and I believe it will. We are way below the trend now. What happens when you make the tension on a spring very large and then let go? Exactly, a violent a rapid movement in the opposite direction. Next bubble will be generously north of 10k I think.
I'm not worried about high it goes...10K is just dandy Smiley 
It's how low when it bursts.  a 50% correction from 10K  will be scary.

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 03:18:41 PM

Hopefully it wont be such a violent bubble next time. I think many Hodlers will start selling big time when it hits the high thousands and limit the size of the bubble.

I do hope the bubble will be violent and I believe it will. We are way below the trend now. What happens when you make the tension on a spring very large and then let go? Exactly, a violent a rapid movement in the opposite direction. Next bubble will be generously north of 10k I think.
It's how low when it bursts.  a 50% correction from 10K  will be scary.

If our history shows anything it's that a 50% correction is highly likely.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 03:36:47 PM

It's how low when it bursts.  a 50% correction from 10K  will be scary.

yes, be prepared for corrections up till even about 60~70%

they will likely happen, many people will likely either panic (god i hope they don't suicide, there are crazy persons in the world..) or troll the forums. The media will be all over it and we might see another few months of recovery and extremely negative media followed by media silence.

Meanwhile all your friends who know you have bitcoin might think you are a millionaire than, etc.
Prepare yourself, now rather than later.

I will try to at least double my bitcoin holdings in the next rally, but i hope i don't screw up massively because the next one will likely not be anything like the others before it.
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 04:40:26 PM

I will try to at least double my bitcoin holdings in the next rally, but i hope i don't screw up massively because the next one will likely not be anything like the others before it.

Why take the chance then? Wink
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 05:28:53 PM

Why take the chance then? Wink

because profit

if i'm careful i will more likely make money than lose money, even if i can't make as much as i hoped.

i will still leave some reserves just in case i do screw up though.
KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 06:58:04 PM

Heh... I don't wanna frighten anyone here with this post, LOL but just for the sake of illustration...

I made a graph using Mr. Reed's chart and a cut & paste of the previous HIGH PRICE divergence from the trendline, i.e. to show what a similar extreme LOW might look like... flipped the line horizontal/vertical and lined up with red trend line and today's price point.

Yeah, it's UGLY man... UGLY!  Oh!  Oh!  and "AAAAAAAA" Jesus God I sure HOPE we don't all have to endure some valley of HELL on Earth like this... "AAAAAAA"  Grin  Grin  Grin

But y'know just the same -- ya gotta take the bad with the good, right?  And if our little bitcoin Engine That Could can go PLUS+ this extreme, we all ought to be prepared to also accept it as "normal" in case it's gotta go MINUS- this extreme too, sometimes.

I know, I know, LOL.  Ugly.  But talk about the ultimate "shake out" of weak-hands?  LOL

Maybe the only consolation here IF (God Forbid) this really has to happen, look where we still end up after reconvergence to trend line middle of next year.  Whew!  Roll Eyes

I don't know about you guys but IF (again, God Forbid) something like this DOES have to happen, I'm prepared to go down with the ship psychologically speaking, just so that I'll still be "afloat" when the rescue helicopter finally DOES arrive.  Cool

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 07:35:05 PM

You are predicting 31k (almost 70 times today's price) exactly one year out and you're saying you don't want to frighten anyone  Cheesy
ask
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 07:45:34 PM

You are predicting 31k (almost 70 times today's price) exactly one year out and you're saying you don't want to frighten anyone  Cheesy

You must understand that he shorted 1BTC and now is praying for drop to buy two.
KeyJockey

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 07:58:25 PM

You are predicting 31k (almost 70 times today's price) exactly one year out and you're saying you don't want to frighten anyone  Cheesy

Ha, wachtwoord... naw I ain't "predicting" nothin'... it's SR's chart, trendline, Risto's etc... I'm just looking at it and hopeful it might really be true?

Just sayin' that IF so, IF the trendline's still "truth" and IF we might end up at that 31K price next autumn?  The benefits of that might only come to those who can pay the price of having to HOLD ON thru it first touching a hundred bucks or so again.

AND... that's "normal"  Shocked  -- nothing much odd for this trendline & bitcoin's history.

But how many people, even "believers" here, really have the stomach for that?

Bitcoin is crazy.  LOL... so I think personally I gotta believe a little "crazy" too in order to be prepared to cope with whatever's gonna happen next in BTCWorld.

And no, Ask... I've never short-sold: I'm strictly a HODL'er although, yes, my dollar-cost average at the moment is something in the low $600's-ish, so yah unfortunately I'm actually in the red with my overall BTC investment, so far... *but* I'm still hodlin' and lookin' to buy more if at all possible.

CMMPro

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 09:21:53 PM

I'd say same upside prediction but we are 99% likely not going to go below $340, and 100% not going to go below $266...my 2 bits fwiw.
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 10:16:25 PM

I have. I prefer not to, but I have the stomach for that.
arthur_excalibur

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 08:55:14 AM

The figures for the most important bitcoin cycles so far are as follows.

2011 wave - correction from $31.91 top to $1.99 low (-/- 93%)
2013 wave - correction from $266 top to $55 low (-/- 79%)
2013/2014 wave - correction from $1163 top to $340 low (-/- 71%)

So yes, a correction of 50% - 60% is indeed very likely for the next wave.
KeyJockey

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:52:02 PM
Last edit: September 30, 2015, 12:32:28 PM by KeyJockey

2011 wave - correction from $31.91 top to $1.99 low (-/- 93%)
2013 wave - correction from $266 top to $55 low (-/- 79%)
2013/2014 wave - correction from $1163 top to $340 low (-/- 71%)

So yes, a correction of 50% - 60% is indeed very likely for the next wave.

That 2011 wave is the one I cut-and-pasted, flipped horizontal & vertical (purple colored) to show what it'd look like as a down-version rather than the extreme UP version that it was, back then.  

So, yeah, 93% = OUCH!! Ugly, man... UGLY.

But ya also can't really say here that the 2013-14 wave is "71%" to $340 low, since there's not been another ATH yet.

Who's to say the bloodletting is over?  Unfortunately, it not only may NOT be over yet -- it may (frighteningly) in fact JUST be getting STARTED.

How can we know, for sure? We can make educated GUESSES about what's going on, but we can't really KNOW anything.

And IF we apply that ugly 93% from 2011 to last year's $1163? We're back again to that horrible $100-ish value.  "AAAAAAA"  Shocked

But, again, this is NORMAL.  
This is BITCOIN.  
THIS is what bitcoin DOES.
Bitcoin is crazy.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

BUT THE TRENDLINE WOULD STILL BE "TRUTH"   Grin

I have. I prefer not to, but I have the stomach for that.

I do too, man... like I said I'm preparing for it: I wrote this post probably just to test myself about if I'm really correct to think this way, or if such "belief" in the trendline is actually stupid, or blind, or naive, or wishful thinking, or something else, LOL.

IF this kind of extreme scenario is possible?  I want to be psychologically ready to weather that storm, because the payoff on this once in a lifetime type of opportunity is definitely worth it.  $30K per BTC next year would be life-changing: I missed out on BTC going from $10 to $100 even though I should've known better (I had plenty of opportunity to see it, multiple chances and many signs, and I just didn't LOOK hard enough & been kicking myself for a year now over that).  But NOW finally I can SEE it (??) and I don't wanna miss the train again.

Anyway, IMHO either you believe bitcoin and the blockchain concept is valuable and useful and world-changing, or you don't.

Buy The Bitcoin,  Take The Ride... LOL

Grin  Cheesy  Wink  Cool  

zadiume

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:00:12 PM

So, 10K when?
lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:56:53 PM

Slippery slope, could you please post two graphs for me keeping everything the same but the target bitcoin price at $250,000 and one at $500,000? I'm curious as to how the price would tie in with the trend lines.

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 01:00:24 AM

Slippery slope, could you please post two graphs for me keeping everything the same but the target bitcoin price at $250,000 and one at $500,000? I'm curious as to how the price would tie in with the trend lines.

I'd also like to see one using log "market cap" instead of log price ... i.e. a sigmoid curve targetting $17 T  ~2018

arthur_excalibur

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 10:44:58 AM

Who's to say the bloodletting is over?  Unfortunately, it not only may NOT be over yet -- it may (frighteningly) in fact JUST be getting STARTED.
Maybe, but I don't think so. As you might have noticed, every correction ended above the previous top so far. That's not only a bullish sign for a long term investment in bitcoin, it is also an indication that we should stay above $266 this time. Currently my bets are on the 340 level to hold.

Nevertheless, the bitcoin rollercoaster is a pretty wild ride, and tickets are not for the weak of heart indeed. Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: