Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:53:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we remove @Bitcoin on twitter  (Read 400 times)
Script3d (OP)

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 07:41:48 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2018, 05:54:45 AM by Script3d

advertises bitcoin cash as the real bitcoin and calling bitcoin shit and bitcoin cash is the real bitcoin. calls bitcoin fans cult members seriously this twitter account is misleading new people to invest on the scam bitcoin cash instead of bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dasunlanka

Activity: 120
Merit: 23

Be cool

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 07:44:45 AM

I think bitcoin cash will be real bitcoin in near future..I don't think BTC will hit $100000 but BCH will hit it definitely..what you think about that...just wait and watch the drama bitween BTC and BCH..... Grin Grin Grin

[ F - A - M - I - L - Y ] Coolest word in the world - Be happy with your Family
cioloxl

Activity: 238
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 07:52:34 AM
Merited by Script3d (1)

I think bitcoin cash will be real bitcoin in near future..I don't think BTC will hit $100000 but BCH will hit it definitely..what you think about that...just wait and watch the drama bitween BTC and BCH..... Grin Grin Grin

Bcash is not bitcoin. Never was, never will. It's an attempt by a band composed almost exclusively of frauds and scammers. Ver, Wu, Wright, Ayre, Andresen. Just off the top of my head.

To address the topic at hand, we need to take down this account. But through legitimate means, as in showing the follower base that the account does not represent bitcoin and is attempting to defraud people. Reporting the account to twitter will only take it down for a limited amount of time. It's a useless waste of time.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 08:38:07 AM

You are entitled to your opinion but for me it is never going to happen. When people realizes that the bitcoin (bch) they purchase was not the real bitcoin they will shift into bitcoin. The first thing they will notice is the value and the symbol. There are already people who have complain why is their btc (bch) much cheaper and why is the symbol different , after knowing the facts they convert to bitcoin.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 09:10:38 AM

Nope. That would be censorship. No one owns the Bitcoin brand, and the account was gotten legitimately. For as long as it's not violating Twitter rules and aren't breaking any laws (determined by a court of law, at least), it has every right to stay on Twitter. I hate the propaganda as much as anyone else, but I also understand that Twitter accounts shouldn't be shut down just because people disagree with it.

All we can do right now is fight the misinformation campaign it runs. I'd say it's working pretty well because just about everyone in the crypto scene knows it's a Bitcoin Cash account rather than a Bitcoin account lol.

munareal

Activity: 644
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 09:35:31 AM

I do not see the need for removing @bitcoin from twitter. It is a free world and the true shall prevail. Any serious investor should do his due diligent before investing .By so doing they are indirectly killing bitcoin cash  as when the investor get to know he did not buy the real bitcoin of course he will want to do away with it.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:13:04 AM

I think we can but in order to do it we need to force Twitter to take a look at the propaganda machine behind that twitter account and be forced to take some actions against it.
it is a tough thing to do though. we may need to start a petition campaign to force their hands. it may take a while and a lot of effort but it is something necessary that must be done. it may not be obvious to some people like Twitter team but this account is in fact scamming people.

Only Bitcoin
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 10:24:26 AM

Nope. That would be censorship. No one owns the Bitcoin brand, and the account was gotten legitimately.

I do agree that there shouldn't be censorship but although noone owns the brand it still may violate the terms of service.

We reserve the right to remove Content that violates the User Agreement, including for example, copyright or trademark violations, impersonation, unlawful conduct, or harassment.

It comes down to whether using @Bitcoin is impersonating an authorised body that doesn't actually exist.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
meanwords

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:42:17 AM

I think that's your opinion. Bitcoin cash is an altcoin and will stay that way. Also, Bitcoin cash is easily manipulated. It is use a a way for easy money grab, a pump and dump coin where early investors always win. Regarding @Bitcoin, I don't think we can take that down. It's not violating any rules of twitter and he is the real owner of that account. It might have the name of Bitcoin but Bitcoin hasn't been legally taken so it means anyone can use its name. It's the sad truth but we can't do anything about it. Unless there's something that account had done to be taken down.
Mr.Dick

Activity: 196
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:45:04 AM

advertises bitcoin cash as the real bitcoin and calling bitcoin core shit and bitcoin cash is the real bitcoin. calls bitcoin fans cult members seriously this twitter account is misleading new people to invest on the scam bitcoin cash instead of bitcoin.

I guess since you can not prove them wrong, you can not remove it from twitter...

Script3d (OP)

Activity: 1232

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:50:41 AM

I think we can but in order to do it we need to force Twitter to take a look at the propaganda machine behind that twitter account and be forced to take some actions against it.
it is a tough thing to do though. we may need to start a petition campaign to force their hands. it may take a while and a lot of effort but it is something necessary that must be done. it may not be obvious to some people like Twitter team but this account is in fact scamming people.
i think the account got bought by roger the tweets changed alot compare to 2015 if the owner did not sell the account people wouldnt get scammed and wouldnt get introduced on the fake bitcoin i hope the guy who sold the account get scammed by bitcoin cash.
BitcoinGuruOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 12:07:14 PM

This is a shame indeed, I have noticed these activities and unfortunateky I think we cant do much about it, they dont do anything illegal in respect to twitter.
I have red a ton of things about BCH and how people try to sobatage BTC in order to profit from BTC.
vermigerous

Activity: 489
Merit: 16

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 12:11:22 PM

So someone is actually misleading people to buy their shitcoins? with using @Bitcoin most victims are the one who is new in this industry i pity them. instead of removing it which is next to impossible why don't we create something that we can counter its propaganda.

bobo012

Activity: 714
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 01:48:55 PM

I would like some of that that you are having lol.
You and ver can keep your bcash and go play in the sandbox
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 02:05:53 PM

I would seriously love it to have it be erased, or at least donated to the one maintaining and operating the bitcoin.org site, but we have to accept and respect that we can't just have a Twitter handle erased or change owner just like that. If that would be the case, in the same way others could do the same to very important Twitter handles of other entities, and this is quite a dangerious and unethical way of operating.

We're living in a time where there are hundreds of impersonators of political figures, celebrities, businesses, etc. No one with a functioning brain will fall for it, and those who do fall for it will learn it the hard way. People just need to understand that not doing research leads to problems, and most of them will learn from their mistake later on. We can't spoon feed everyone with rules and tips on how to behave; people should do that themselves.

Bitcoin isn't a company or representing one entity; as long as people don't understand that, they'll keep being trolled. If @Bitcoin advertises BCash crap, then red flags should pop up instantly. If not, you're a nutter.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 02:08:48 PM

Nope. That would be censorship. No one owns the Bitcoin brand, and the account was gotten legitimately.

I do agree that there shouldn't be censorship but although noone owns the brand it still may violate the terms of service.

We reserve the right to remove Content that violates the User Agreement, including for example, copyright or trademark violations, impersonation, unlawful conduct, or harassment.

It comes down to whether using @Bitcoin is impersonating an authorised body that doesn't actually exist.

Considering how many people hate it and actually advocate reporting it, I'm going to guess they don't view it as impersonation. Where do you draw that line anyway? Does the account holder need to be pro BTC for them to have the "right" to own the account?

It was suspended and was rumored to have changed hands recently, but no one really knows what happened behind the scenes. Maybe Twitter really did rule it to be impersonating Bitcoin, but they reversed their decision anyway. It's going to take something big for them to shut it down.

TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 02:20:31 PM

Considering how many people hate it and actually advocate reporting it, I'm going to guess they don't view it as impersonation. Where do you draw that line anyway? Does the account holder need to be pro BTC for them to have the "right" to own the account?

It was suspended and was rumored to have changed hands recently, but no one really knows what happened behind the scenes. Maybe Twitter really did rule it to be impersonating Bitcoin, but they reversed their decision anyway. It's going to take something big for them to shut it down.

You can never really tell with Twitter, they seem quite arbitrary in applying the impersonation rule. They have even banned parody accounts before that are obviously not the person they're making fun of. I think it is far easier to make the case that @Bitcoin is being used to fool people that it is an official account.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
olubams

Activity: 798

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 02:37:49 PM

Its going to happen though its a gradual process because the person behind it is known to have shifted his loyalty which I even believe its an honourable thing to do without being forced to. If one is no longer believing in government, you resign your appointment and go home, you don't say because of that you want to form a parallel government that is treason of the highest order but in crypto, everything goes. More reason why there is need for regulation to force some level of sanity.
krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:18:54 PM

No need, at the end of the day one should do their research before investing in anything. So no need to cry wolf when you do without proper research.
If you've ever come across the site of bitcoin.com while researching on the past and you are a newbie you probably confused with the claim of the site that bitcoin is the bitcoin core then bitcoin cash is simply the bitcoin, rebranding by all means to confuse some rookies and newbies in the cryptocurrency when you visited the said site and who is the owner? none other than Roger Ver definitely something connects to the thoughts probably if you are going to check the website now, you the will see that label is no longer there.
badakjawa

Activity: 336
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 03:42:58 PM

wow, you are wrong, what reason makes you believe that BCH will take over bitcoin?
You should know that there is no world figure speculates for BCH, then BCH is also a bitcoin fraction and has no purpose in future.
volume and BCH deployment is very small and even the selling power in the market is very small too.
BCH has a great value just because of the first bitcoin split, so many people are interested in BCH. but BCH will not take over bitcoin.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: