Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:26:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Round 15/16 KnC Jupiter, DZ MC. Please move comments and ?s to this thread. Thx.  (Read 14692 times)
thomas_s

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 03:29:34 PM

My link to see workers now sends me to the front page. I created a new account but can't find how to see workers stats. Could you post a link please?

http://www.crypto-ops.com/?page_id=1192
This site is correct and is one of ours.
BorisAlt

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 05:20:26 AM

Old site seems to be updating just fine. Tks

rudyo

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 02:39:37 AM

My link to see workers now sends me to the front page. I created a new account but can't find how to see workers stats. Could you post a link please?

Are the 4 Jupiters hashing?  The stats at the above page show 0 hashrate and have been at 0 since this morning.  Is this correct?
thomas_s

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 02:48:53 AM

Are the 4 Jupiters hashing?  The stats at the above page show 0 hashrate and have been at 0 since this morning.  Is this correct?
They've been hashing all day, went down a few times this afternoon while we were moving some switches around and went down a little while ago because our router rebooted.

Again the monitoring software only updates every 10 minutes, so each of those times it went down could look like 10 minutes even tho it was only 1-2 or even less.
railzand

Activity: 462

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 06:15:33 AM
Last edit: January 23, 2014, 07:00:32 AM by railzand

3.5 hours later 0,0,0,0

edit: aaaaaaargh lets just sell these stupid finnicky irritating pathetic effing annoying tight-arsed c&ntitudinous nonsense effing jupiters. i am sick to death of them. you cant even look at them without them sulking for a week. then we start another round of hassling bob who also hates the sight of them, dz stuck in paradise and thomas gets all thomasy.

get shot of the whole sorry thing i say with my massive two shares, dunno if the maths works out, dont even give a sausage at this stage. too much hassle for the bosses too much hassle for the little guys. does not bode well for the neptune round we need those to be monsters. lets regather our energies for blackarrow, and come back to keffingnbloodyc later in the year

BorisAlt

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:06:48 PM

How about stop moving switches and rebooting routers? They have been hashing very nicely for several days. Still at 0.0 at this time for all four.

rudyo

Activity: 170

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 05:11:38 PM

1-23-2014 10:00am PST

railzand

Activity: 462

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 05:43:20 PM

they're back up

BorisAlt

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:59:20 AM

Yeap, seems they are BACK.

BorisAlt

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 01:26:20 PM

All four workers have been running smoothly over last few days. thomas, are there any plans to modify any hardware or software in the coming week? Thanks.

thomas_s

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 04:17:57 PM

All four workers have been running smoothly over last few days. thomas, are there any plans to modify any hardware or software in the coming week? Thanks.
No, but they haven't been running smoothly the last few weeks, worker two sometimes drops to 0.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:00:17 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2014, 09:12:58 PM by DyslexicZombei

R15/16 Update: As mentioned earlier in this thread, these Jupiters have been finicky (and still continue to be problematic).

I apologize for the inconvenience but Miner Hosting LLC has decided to ship these Jupiters to another vetted miner hosting facility in the US. They will be hosted at a DZMC vetted miner facility, with our 4th vetted miner host at a top notch hosting facility.

At the end of the month: DZMC veteran member thyatis will be taking over the hosting for these Jupiters in Florida. He has prior experience with a variety of different miners.

His setup includes:

- 120V or 220V power
- Triple network redundancy
- APC UPS units capable of 8 hours of backup time for 6 Jupiters
- Gas generators for longer outages
- Dedicated air conditioning for the miners

To compensate DZMC members for downtime during shipping and setup, on hand miners from other mfgs. will be substituted as equivalent hashrate until the Jupiters are up and running again in Florida. BTC earned from this be sent to thyatis, who will be handling payouts after some training, as part of the 1st thru 15th payout.

Please refer questions for miner in Florida. to DZMC vetted Miner Host: thyatis.

Thanks.

EDIT: Thomas will still be handling miner payouts.
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:01:49 PM

R15/16 Update: As mentioned earlier in this thread, these Jupiters have been finicky (and still continue to be problematic).

I apologize for the inconvenience but Miner Hosting LLC has decided to ship these Jupiters to another vetted miner hosting facility in the US. They will be hosted at a DZMC vetted miner facility, with our 4th vetted miner host at a top notch hosting facility.

At the end of the month: DZMC veteran member thyatis will be taking over the hosting for these Jupiters in Florida. He has prior experience with a variety of different miners.

His setup includes:

- 120V or 220V power
- Triple network redundancy
- APC UPS units capable of 8 hours of backup time for 6 Jupiters
- Dedicated air conditioning for the miners

To compensate DZMC members for downtime, on hand miners from other mfgs. will be substituted as equivalent hashrate until the Jupiters are up and running again in Florida. BTC earned from this be sent to thyatis, who will be handling payouts after some training, as part of the 1st thru 15th payout.

Please refer questions for miner in Florida. to DZMC vetted Miner Host: thyatis.

Thanks.

EDIT: Thomas will still be handling miner payouts.

Just to clarify:

I will compensate R5-6 for 1.2thash for 36hrs (much longer than it should take to get them up, if it takes longer it will be extended)
R15/16 will get 2.5thash for the same time frame

All 6 units will be UPS Overnighted w/ insurance, with delivery before noon, along with the PSUs.
Thyatis

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 09:04:51 PM

Hi Everyone,

As it says up there ^^^^  I am taking over the hosting of these machines.  I am going to aim at making the transition as smoothly as possible.   I have started already preparing the area, and it will have like it says dedicated network, which has triple redundancy.  I have ups power that can handle 6 jupiters for 8 hours straight (if not longer). They will have dedicated cooling.
I have GAS powered generators if electricity is having some major issues.  I have also redundant buildings that I can move too.  My motive is to have as much redundancy in as possible.
I am extremely experienced in Datacenter development and many other IT fields.  I am also consistently active on the forums.
If you would like any more information from me send me a PM.
Thanks
Thyatis

My Reputation information   | [/color]
Contact Information -  Google Talk & Email - thyatis@thyatis.com |
vilgem

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:01:49 AM

I'm sorry for interrupting your discussion. It looks like Miner Hosting LLC staff is chatting here so I have a public question to ask. Why do you ignore all emails sent to support@minersource.net address? Why do you ignore personal messages on this forum. I wrote you a dozen of emails asking a question regarding my order at Minersource and got no useful answer. I wrote a personal message to @bobsag3 regarding the order and he just ignored the message. You collect money from people all over the world and provide no support at all. Do you think such approach of doing business is going to work in the long term?

I paid for my order two weeks ago (by wire) and you claim that you haven't got my wire yet. It's impossible as SWIFT transactions usually take 2-3 business days to complete. It's my second order at Minersource. I didn't have such problems with my first order - you got the corresponding wire in several days. Both wires were made by a template - they differ only in order numbers. How it's possible that you still haven't got the wire for my second order? I sent you a SWIFT-document which proofs the wire but you just ignored it. It looks like a scam, guys. You collect money and ignore your customers. Is there any guarantee that you won't disappear once with all the money collected?

Please provide me with the information regarding my order. I'm sure you got the payment, so please update the order information in my account at Minersource site.

★★★ VERTCOIN ★★★ ALL GENIOUS IS SIMPLE ★★★
gh2k

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 01:27:04 AM

As someone with 15 shares in the GB:

Thanks for the update. Some questions, if you please:

How does the group buy benefit from the move? - i.e. Why does the fact that we have flaky Jupiters mean that they must be moved from one facility to another? If Thyatis can provide a better reboot-it-when-it-goes-wrong time then I guess that would help, but short of having spare parts I can't see any other good reason. (I do, however, appreciate that we will be reimbursed with hashrate for the downtime so this should be performed at no cost to us.) -- Is it just that minersource want shot of the crappy hardware?

Will Thyatis be providing the hosting on the same terms (i.e. monthly cost, etc.) as minersource?

What response have we had from kncminer about the issues with the miners? I understand that emails were sent, but we've never been informed if there were replies. Is there any way we can get spare parts or replacements for the faulty miners? (I know that miner 4 has been struggling for some time now) - As a partial-owner of the hardware I feel like we've been left out of the loop a bit as to it's fate. On the other hand, spending time gathering consensus when a miner isn't working doesn't help either... But I do feel that from this perspective we've been let down on comms.

As a private customer of minersource

Specifically, @vilgem

I've been hosting antminer S1 with them and so far I've not had any problems. They are sometimes slow to answer emails (2-3 days) and sometimes they do not answer at all if it's a sales enquiry that they are interested in. However, one the one occasion my miner did go down my emails were responded to very quickly and the situation was resolved. In general I would say that they are trustworthy, if difficult to get hold of sometimes.

My impression is that the setup is more side-project-for-people-with-day-jobs-and-not-quite-enough-time than it is a scam. However, if I were in your shoes having wired some money and getting no response then I would be worried as well. If it's a preorder then don't sweat it, it'll all get sorted out - they've just got more important things to deal with than they have time and so they have to prioritise. If it's for in-hand mining equipment then you're losing out on difficulty so making some noise is justified. You might want to hassle thomas_s about your problems if bobsag3 hasn't got back to you?
Thyatis

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 01:38:24 AM

As someone with 15 shares in the GB:

Thanks for the update. Some questions, if you please:

How does the group buy benefit from the move? - i.e. Why does the fact that we have flaky Jupiters mean that they must be moved from one facility to another? If Thyatis can provide a better reboot-it-when-it-goes-wrong time then I guess that would help, but short of having spare parts I can't see any other good reason. (I do, however, appreciate that we will be reimbursed with hashrate for the downtime so this should be performed at no cost to us.) -- Is it just that minersource want shot of the crappy hardware?

Will Thyatis be providing the hosting on the same terms (i.e. monthly cost, etc.) as minersource?

What response have we had from kncminer about the issues with the miners? I understand that emails were sent, but we've never been informed if there were replies. Is there any way we can get spare parts or replacements for the faulty miners? (I know that miner 4 has been struggling for some time now) - As a partial-owner of the hardware I feel like we've been left out of the loop a bit as to it's fate. On the other hand, spending time gathering consensus when a miner isn't working doesn't help either... But I do feel that from this perspective we've been let down on comms.

As a private customer of minersource

Specifically, @vilgem

I've been hosting antminer S1 with them and so far I've not had any problems. They are sometimes slow to answer emails (2-3 days) and sometimes they do not answer at all if it's a sales enquiry that they are interested in. However, one the one occasion my miner did go down my emails were responded to very quickly and the situation was resolved. In general I would say that they are trustworthy, if difficult to get hold of sometimes.

My impression is that the setup is more side-project-for-people-with-day-jobs-and-not-quite-enough-time than it is a scam. However, if I were in your shoes having wired some money for aand getting no response then I would be worried as well. If it's a preorder then don't sweat it, it'll all get sorted out - they've just got more important things to deal with than they have time and so they have to prioritise. If it's for in-hand mining equipment then you're losing out on difficulty so making some noise is justified. You might want to hassle thomas_s about your problems if bobsag3 hasn't got back to you?

I will answer the questions I can answer:

Yes exact same terms.  Nothing changes there.
What benefit does the group buy have?  You get me isn't that enough ? Smiley
All joking aside, I believe bobsag3 and Thomas and Dz's business has grown substantially throughout the past couple of months, quicker than any normal business.  With that growth it is hard to maintain status quo.   So they have branched out, they know the miners need more attention than what they can dedicate time too, this is where I come in.  I will be able to monitor them much more closely and do what is required to reboot them, or what is necessary.

I will be communicating much more on the forums for people to know as I am literally almost always on.   I am setting these miners as a priority.  basically I have been asked to help keep these miners on track and give them some tlc. 

Now as far as vilgem I cannot assist there as I am not part of the minersource business.  But from what I understand it is most likely for a preorder of a black arrow, done by a wire.  Anything happening by a wire is absolute night mare to deal with, especially if you have a large amount of transactions.  But I will leave that up to bobsag3 to comment on.

My Reputation information   | [/color]
Contact Information -  Google Talk & Email - thyatis@thyatis.com |
gh2k

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 01:47:55 AM

I will answer the questions I can answer:

Yes exact same terms.  Nothing changes there.
What benefit does the group buy have?  You get me isn't that enough ? Smiley
All joking aside, I believe bobsag3 and Thomas and Dz's business has grown substantially throughout the past couple of months, quicker than any normal business.  With that growth it is hard to maintain status quo.   So they have branched out, they know the miners need more attention than what they can dedicate time too, this is where I come in.  I will be able to monitor them much more closely and do what is required to reboot them, or what is necessary.

Thanks, that is what I had suspected but it's good to hear. Minersource have done a good job for us in general so it's good to know what's happening. You're vetted by DZ and minersource will be providing hashrate to cover the downtime so in theory that's good enough for me. If you can get them working more reliably or let us know kncminer's position on things, then that's an improvement, too.
vilgem

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 02:37:10 AM

If it's a preorder then don't sweat it, it'll all get sorted out - they've just got more important things to deal with than they have time and so they have to prioritise.
We all always have important things to deal with. Everyone is busy more or less. But there is such a thing as customer respect. I'd appreciate if a Miner Hosting LLC staff member will give a reasonable explanation. Why we (customers) are looking for excuses for the company? Why can't they make such a statement themselves? Like, "Sorry guys, we are very busy, but we will check all wire transactions we got recently and will let you know the result ASAP."

Anything happening by a wire is absolute night mare to deal with, especially if you have a large amount of transactions.  But I will leave that up to bobsag3 to comment on.
I would be grateful if @bobsag3 or someone from Minersource team will make a comment on this issue.

★★★ VERTCOIN ★★★ ALL GENIOUS IS SIMPLE ★★★
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 02:41:54 AM

I'm sorry for interrupting your discussion. It looks like Miner Hosting LLC staff is chatting here so I have a public question to ask. Why do you ignore all emails sent to support@minersource.net address? Why do you ignore personal messages on this forum. I wrote you a dozen of emails asking a question regarding my order at Minersource and got no useful answer. I wrote a personal message to @bobsag3 regarding the order and he just ignored the message. You collect money from people all over the world and provide no support at all. Do you think such approach of doing business is going to work in the long term?

I paid for my order two weeks ago (by wire) and you claim that you haven't got my wire yet. It's impossible as SWIFT transactions usually take 2-3 business days to complete. It's my second order at Minersource. I didn't have such problems with my first order - you got the corresponding wire in several days. Both wires were made by a template - they differ only in order numbers. How it's possible that you still haven't got the wire for my second order? I sent you a SWIFT-document which proofs the wire but you just ignored it. It looks like a scam, guys. You collect money and ignore your customers. Is there any guarantee that you won't disappear once with all the money collected?

Please provide me with the information regarding my order. I'm sure you got the payment, so please update the order information in my account at Minersource site.

I do not respond to anything dealing with wires or payments for orders on the website, I had several people almost try to scam us by that meathod (they were bad, but tried none the less) so I tend to ignore all such requests made on the forums.

As for your emails, please foward the most recent one to matt @ minersource, its very possible it got lost. We have been beyond swampped, and training my new guys (outside thomas) to answer correctly ETC takes time; that seems like a long time in the BTC world but in reality we have been running 18 hr days since Jan 1. We are getting things better and faster, and having these jups shipped to someone who has the time and resources to give them the TLC needed will help reduce our workload, so we can concentrate on the other matters.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: