Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:37:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Fibonacci Info and questions  (Read 104124 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 02:13:17 PM

watching

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Msile

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 05:27:58 PM

Not too sound annoying. But I want one, when can I get one? Tongue
jasinlee (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 05:43:02 PM

Lets hope alpha is legit. Then it will be sooner rather than later.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
Msile

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 06:28:14 PM

Lets hope alpha is legit. Then it will be sooner rather than later.
Sooner than what?
jasinlee (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 06:38:39 PM

Waiting on another competitor to come along. (This is in reference to shipping them.)

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 06:18:52 AM

Errr, I must have missed it, where's the website to buy these? or it's not yet live? I don't see where. heheh.. probably too excited.

jasinlee (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 05:45:37 AM
Last edit: January 10, 2014, 01:10:20 AM by jasinlee

Errr, I must have missed it, where's the website to buy these? or it's not yet live? I don't see where. heheh.. probably too excited.

Dont get too excited yet, I will post the site as soon as we are ready to roll.  Cheesy

I noted on the other forum, we are requesting a few people with PCB design experience to send me their emails. We are looking for a few people to "host" the project on their github. We had a secondary project many months ago, the intent was to make a PCB that could be utilized on any ASIC that is coming out. The items to note about this red head step child of our many projects is that although its labeled bitfury or klondike it is to be named "Aura" now so we can identify it easier. It is in kicad, we never finished the Altium and Eagle conversions. This will hopefully help with the issues the klondike project had with a semi incomplete board. This can be used by the open source community to develop boards that will function properly rather than guessing as usual. As this was shelved before completion months ago I may not have the newest release in the file, but if I come across a more current one I will resend it later and you can then add it to your github.

Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 08:17:50 AM

You could try talking to the guys that did those cute little BitFury miners. There was a Blue one, a Red one, a Bi (double), a Nano or Ice. ... I did escrow a small group buy for the blues. The group that initially did all the research and development is now gone, but the individuals who were part of that all know how to make the miners. I just handled payments.

svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1000

einc.io

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 09:09:16 AM

I've been watching this.    And because you don't want your 'stuff' to get copied you are asking us to pay you nearly $1.00 a Khash for you to 'host' your scrypt miners?

A major portion of securing the risk of Scrypt mining is having hardware in hand that is able to be re-sold at varying degrees of depreciation.  Even if your price was  cut by 2/3rds I would still consider increasing my GPU's a more calculated and secured risk.   I have total control over my investment and truthfully I can increase my hashing power at a lower price.   The cost of electricity is obviously a factor but  I suspect most serious miners have found solutions to get power more affordably. (coop buying, commercial rates etc)

And then we have next-gen GPU's which maybe be even more hash per dollar than our best previous ones.   All of which will depreciate slowly and have manageable risk profiles.

I'm not against scrypt asics,  I would LOVE to get my hands on some.  And it looks like you are kicking butt here.  I'm ready to double down on crypto-currencies.  But short of physically coming to see your stuff I need it in my hands immediately.

jasinlee (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 02:18:38 PM

You could try talking to the guys that did those cute little BitFury miners. There was a Blue one, a Red one, a Bi (double), a Nano or Ice. ... I did escrow a small group buy for the blues. The group that initially did all the research and development is now gone, but the individuals who were part of that all know how to make the miners. I just handled payments.

Yeah I am aware of all of those but this is a 16 chip pcb design.

Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:35:04 PM

What does 173.14159265 LTC buy? I want as much gigahash as I can afford. Smiley

jasinlee (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 02:44:56 PM

What does 173.14159265 LTC buy? I want as much gigahash as I can afford. Smiley

That will be on the site soon.

And FYI to all developers that would like to join in on this project. We have need of some people to distribute it to, then the community can decide who will manage the main branch. If you would like to help with getting it cleaned up, please PM me your email and I will send you the download link.

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=12567.msg92872#msg92872

Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 04:50:21 AM

Try that dude who did Nano or Ice Fury? It was Open Source, no royalties, no licensing, just voluntary donations. Based on my earlier numbers, I think I can afford only 5 or 6 of the 1 chip miners.

Eastwind

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 09:16:29 AM

I've been watching this.    And because you don't want your 'stuff' to get copied you are asking us to pay you nearly $1.00 a Khash for you to 'host' your scrypt miners?

A major portion of securing the risk of Scrypt mining is having hardware in hand that is able to be re-sold at varying degrees of depreciation.  Even if your price was  cut by 2/3rds I would still consider increasing my GPU's a more calculated and secured risk.   I have total control over my investment and truthfully I can increase my hashing power at a lower price.   The cost of electricity is obviously a factor but  I suspect most serious miners have found solutions to get power more affordably. (coop buying, commercial rates etc)

And then we have next-gen GPU's which maybe be even more hash per dollar than our best previous ones.   All of which will depreciate slowly and have manageable risk profiles.

I'm not against scrypt asics,  I would LOVE to get my hands on some.  And it looks like you are kicking butt here.  I'm ready to double down on crypto-currencies.  But short of physically coming to see your stuff I need it in my hands immediately.

I agree with this.

By my calculation, the price of the ASIC miner has to be $0.6/kH/s to match that of AMD 7990 if we take into account the electricity cost and resell value of the gears.
FiatKiller

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 02:27:09 PM

You also have to factor in that the price of electricity is constantly rising. That is what most people
miss when they look at solar. Over five years, the value of what you are saving actually goes up.

LTC: LdxgJQLUdr8hZ79BV5AYbxkBUdaXctXAPi
MoonCoin Gambling: https://coin-horse.com/MON/
jasinlee (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 02:51:22 PM

Hopefully everyone is happy with the power numbers.

Has anyone looked over the universal PCB we have on the earlier link?

To those that were wondering if we were capable of even making an ASIC, please review the design and let me know if your still on that wagon.

jasinlee (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 04:53:50 PM

After a review of the speeds we can fit on a single chip, we have come to the awesome conclusion that our prices do not need to be as high as they are currently!

Time to rejoice everyone, we will be moving our base cost to 0.65$ per khs with the same 10% discount for LTC payments.

FiatKiller

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 06:16:59 PM

After a review of the speeds we can fit on a single chip, we have come to the awesome conclusion that our prices do not need to be as high as they are currently!

Time to rejoice everyone, we will be moving our base cost to 0.65$ per khs with the same 10% discount for LTC payments.

Freakin' Awesome! I finally accumulated enough LTC to pay for what I'm thinking.

By the way, since most of us mine with 2-5 MHs total, you really should have an option for somewhere in the 3-6 chips range.
In some ways, buying all singles is better CYA, but if you had a 5MHs option I would just buy that. I might even splurge on
an 8 chip option IF it was available.

LTC: LdxgJQLUdr8hZ79BV5AYbxkBUdaXctXAPi
MoonCoin Gambling: https://coin-horse.com/MON/
jasinlee (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 08:03:27 PM

Freakin' Awesome! I finally accumulated enough LTC to pay for what I'm thinking.

By the way, since most of us mine with 2-5 MHs total, you really should have an option for somewhere in the 3-6 chips range.
In some ways, buying all singles is better CYA, but if you had a 5MHs option I would just buy that. I might even splurge on
an 8 chip option IF it was available.

I do not think we will go live with a 8 chip option. More likely we will stick to a option for 1 or 16. But time will tell, the board we are using for open sourcing can be scaled up or down.

roy7

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 12:51:34 AM

watching

You can click "watch" at the top of the page without needing to post to the thread.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: