Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:29:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Fibonacci Info and questions  (Read 104125 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jasinlee (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 04:18:09 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2014, 01:37:08 AM by jasinlee

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=2702.0 - Main Thread, I do the updates on this page far more often. But occasionally I will hop on this forum to update the thread and answer questions.

The sites shares and sales in a "nutshell":

If you find a bug or have a technical issue non customer service related, please send an email to support@fibonacci.io. with your account info and issue. All previous support requests will be cleared first, then this system will be used from now on.

Side Project: https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=12567.0 Open Source PCB for all ASICs

Github:
https://github.com/losh11/aura-asic

The main unit we will be selling is affectionately named the Axiom. Proof of work should be complete this week if all the parts we order arrive, we are going to distribute the information as it is completed. This includes the datasheet and any information that would not reveal our methods of completing our IP. Technical questions are welcome on this thread, we will answer the ones we are comfortable with becoming public information.

Current List of Trusted Hosts
Carnth
Hauntingshade
Sy
Bajanboost
Losh11

Charity Hosts:
Sean's Outpost

Cross posting quote from other forum here.

Our goal is to help build up the LTC community. We have several projects rolling at the moment to do this, some of which will launch this week. And in the next few weeks.

Simple answers to common questions

1. Do you plan on taking pre-orders?
A: Originally we had not planned to accept pre-orders as there was no means of exit for the investors. As a result, we have produced an exchange so that users can sell their unwanted orders if they decide they do not feel like waiting. So yes, we will be taking pre-orders on 3/17/14 6PM EST. This will be for the samples that we have been told should be complete in July (This is the estimate we have been given, not a guarantee.)
2. What speeds/hashrate/power/heat/ram size/model/etc will we be using?
A: Recursion miner at ~8 - 11 watts each chip.
3. How will all these questions be answered?
A: Glad you asked! Well we are going to release an instruction manual for LTC ASIC development. There is not much documentation on how this is done, we discovered to our eternal pain and torment, so as our devs produced the code....they did some writing and took notes along the way on relevant items that were never mentioned in the open fpga project.
4. Can I have one free to test?
A: For now, probably not, we are not rich and we have done all the funding for ourselves up to this point. And a mans gotta eat. One cannot live on bbq coins alone. We will release the information needed to modify the miners to be able to use our ASIC if it becomes necessary.
5. SCAMMM!!!???!?!?
A: If you think we are a scam please direct your money we have not asked you for toward any other upstart project currently running. I hear NVC might be worth a look.
6. When will the Production units be sent out?
A: We cannot be sure until a stable speed at our desired target is achieved at a consistent rate and once a viable competitor comes to market.
7. OMG Moderated thread, you must be running a scam.
A: Derailing posts, and users unwilling to read the OP, if you feel like trolling I will usually reply to you anyhow....but when I get tired of idiocracy someone will probably delete your posts, so lets only troll within reason.
8. Scrypt ASIC, Seriously?
A: Yup.
9. How long have you been working on this project?
A: Its been about a 1.5 years.
10. Will you provide a PCB design for the users that purchase just chips once you begin shipping units rather than hosted mining?
A: Yes, it will be available in advance open source with gerbers, support (when we have time), and debugging and updates (when we have time).
11. Will you ship out massive amounts of miners to everyone and ruin the network?
A: Nope, we will initially only sell hosted mining, then once we have viable competition we will begin to ship the units to the public. This will help slow the advancement of companies reverse engineering designs such as ours. Around this time we will likely be done with our gen 2 or 3 chips and have to clear out the hosted units anyway. We are in discussions with trusted members of the community to help stagger in hand hashing power to continue with decentralization of the network.
12. What price will you be charging for your miners?
A: ~0.115$ per kh/s (0.10$ for LTC) is the current pricing we are using as our baseline. This will likely change a bit, but not much. Once sales of ASIC devices begins ( Not FIB.HW/FIB.SITE shares) then you be able to pay in Cachecoin also, which can be found at cachecoin.org. (Cache is temporarily disabled due to a bug in the wallet we are working to fix.)
13. What is the hash rate and power consumption of the chips?
A: Our conservative estimates are 8-11 watts.
14. OMG Your prices are higher than GPUs, SCAM!?
A: How much power does it consume? Heat? We will be tweaking the design so it may change a bit but we created a miner that consumes under 5 watts and is faster than your gpu. Power costs will recoup in the long run vs any gpu. But that just depends on your situation. If that is not enough to make you buy one I recommend not purchasing one.
15. OMG no way thats too expensive!?
A: We will be creating several variant boards, they will range from a single chip to 32 chips (we may create more too) so please keep your jimmies un-rustled.
16. What are the model names for the units?
                                                                                   BTC                      LTC
A:  Prices are based on hash rate per miner.
   1. Fibonacci Recursion                                             $400        0.10 x 8650 = $346
    2. Fibonacci Axiom                                                 $7200    0.10 x 162000 = $6480
    3. Fibonacci Epsilon                                              $14000   0.10 x 315000 = $12600

17. Is your asic an Hardcopy or Fastpath based ASIC?
A. No, we spent this past year creating a chip that is a full custom ASIC.
18. Will you be charging for shipping?
A. No, it is included in the price.
19. Will you be charging VAT?
A. In most countries we can simply state no, we have our engineering team in Germany so they can ship directly. And most other countries we will simply absorb the cost.
20. Will you be limiting the amount of chips 1 person can purchase?
A. We successfully limited orders at initial sale so everyone had a chance to buy a miner at reasonable price (Including taking cache at a discounted rate) and now will no longer limit sales.
21. When will you ship?
A. Once we see that we have viable competition on the market. Until that time we will host the miners, or send them to the trusted hosts to handle.
22. How long until we begin receiving dividends?
A. Chip Dividends will be distributed once we begin testing the units, the time period in between us receiving the ASIC and starting hashing should only be about 2 weeks.
XFH dividends will be paid out automatically based on how many shares you purchased and accounting for profits per chip sale.
23. How much rack space is necessary to host the units?
A. 1U will hold between 150MHs - 200 MHs.
24. Will you be matching KNC's Titan in $/khs.
A. Yes, we had already figured in a large margin for just such an occasion. Each miners speeds will be increased to match the $/khs rate.
25. If I have 1 XMH is that the equivalent to 1 recursion?
A. Yes.

Informational Video on Fibonacci Project : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiprgb9Yxds&feature=youtu.be
ASIC DATASHEET: PNG for simple viewing.

For those that want full resolution : http://imgur.com/8ASgVod,GnCan8w,d2NiTX7,u12NGhy,7GlgGs1#0

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jpmi1

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 04:27:54 PM

Would you be able to go in depth about the proposed hashing power of the miner? Where can investors become updated when shares are available?

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯ RELAUNCH First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_yin
XPM:AeuQPMAGRLyWbWkVgAtE4JcfSyGHATUkmG
DTC:D9mwyQo9xPAPWCtKYhthnX2uSPivcjKyLN
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 04:32:59 PM

Is this attempting to use fibonacci numbers/sequences to mine scrypt more efficiently or is that just a name?
chalkyuk

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 04:37:27 PM

interesting..... i will keep one eye out on this Wink
jasinlee (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 04:37:57 PM

Would you be able to go in depth about the proposed hashing power of the miner? Where can investors become updated when shares are available?

The estimated hash power per ASIC is conservatively estimated at 960kh/s. I will update this and the litecoin thread when shares and hosted mining and other services become available.

Is this attempting to use fibonacci numbers/sequences to mine scrypt more efficiently or is that just a name?

It's just a name, although the sequence is utilized in a few aspects it is not the focus in the current implementation.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 04:41:37 PM

Are these gonna end up not being profitable? Difficulty will sky rocket

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
human

Activity: 197

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 04:43:05 PM

Nice work!

Can I mine other scrypt coins with your hardware?

And... How much? Please take my money Cheesy
FiatKiller

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 04:45:58 PM

Just get in on the first month and you are all set.  ;-)

LTC: LdxgJQLUdr8hZ79BV5AYbxkBUdaXctXAPi
MoonCoin Gambling: https://coin-horse.com/MON/
jasinlee (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 04:47:11 PM

Nice work!

Can I mine other scrypt coins with your hardware?

And... How much? Please take my money Cheesy

It should function with any scrypt based coin.

There are so many factors that impact the answer to this question I would not know where to begin.

FiatKiller

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 04:48:47 PM

What forms of payment will you be accepting?

jasinlee (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 04:50:34 PM

Incidentally Fiatkiller, we will not accept any Fiat. We are pushing for adoption of crypto as a whole. Accepting paypal (I assume thats what your asking about.) would undermine that mission.

FiatKiller

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 04:52:51 PM

Incidentally Fiatkiller, we will not accept any Fiat. We are pushing for adoption of crypto as a whole. Accepting paypal (I assume thats what your asking about.) would undermine that mission.

So LTC & BTC most likely?

opticalcarrier

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 04:56:24 PM

jasinlee (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 04:57:03 PM

So LTC & BTC most likely?

Definitely, and we may add others to that list also if we can get the site wrapped up and ready to go soon.

Our website will include:

1. Multicoin Web Wallet
2. Sales portal for our miners
3. Mining pool - includes proxy option to use various pools of your choice or our pool
4. Many other features we have not completed integrating yet

We plan to have the site up in the next week or two. We are currently alpha testing it.

newtothescene

Activity: 147

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 05:29:44 PM

This is awesome news!  I am keeping a close eye on your project and am looking forward to further updates Smiley
evoked22

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 05:43:04 PM

Thats an awesome reduction in power consumption! excellent Smiley

Very interested

SnZN5o2ePUgtr9roQyavBC3r41vz7p63ne
e521

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 05:46:27 PM

Will you use any escrow service initially to "legitimate" your business?
Will you send a few test machines to well known people in the forum?
If I understood correctly, initially you will sell but rent and host the ASICs, do you already have an idea of how many gh/s will you be able to put online on the first month after release?
Thanks

jasinlee (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 05:57:47 PM

Will you use any escrow service initially to "legitimate" your business?
Will you send a few test machines to well known people in the forum?
If I understood correctly, initially you will sell but rent and host the ASICs, do you already have an idea of how many gh/s will you be able to put online on the first month after release?
Thanks

Rather than escrow, which would cause us to have to seek out another VC or other investor...we will instead send out proof of work then begin sales. I am in constant contact with several members of the forum that are involved in the Litecoin Association and other trustworthy parts of crypto we will be shipping units to for reviews (and eventually hosting).

There will be no renting, it will be a user purchases their hardware and we host it for them until such time as its "safe" to let them go out into the wild. We do not have a set gh/s number yet, but assuming a 20% fail rate for fabricated chips, we would put out ~6-7gh/s per wafer. Which is why we are working toward a hosting model that we can hand off to trusted users. This will make it so anyone on the forum can see what our hash rate is on our pool, and see where the miners are being sent to also so that centralization is not a concern.

e521

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:50:46 PM

thank you for your clarification and promptly answer

jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 07:16:25 PM

keeping a close eye on this, but keeping a healthy amount of skepticism of course Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: