Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:26:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] 🌟🎓OPEN SOURCE UNIVERSITY - Education 4.0 powered by EDU Tokens 🎓💥🌟  (Read 24410 times)
pupesko

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 01:10:11 PM

As I understand this project in something similar to TheKey only with a greater focus on the identification of documents on education and evidence of competencies. I was not mistaken?

@th4o, I do agree that we have similar idea in terms of using the word "verification". Open Source University is decentralised platform to provide learners with verified and validated credentials wallet. Those learners will have a digital credentials wallet but is has nothing to do with personal identity and government issues. This is an educational platform with a great market place for educational programs and courses of any kind. Imagine your knowledge, skills and career achievements stored on blockchain. That's what we do.

Teddy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pupesko

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 01:12:06 PM

What will be the functionality of the alpha version and when will its release take place?

The MVP of the platform is scheduled in our roadmap as of June 4th. and what is the current stage we are at could be seen from the updates on our website - https://os.university/platform/ Join us on Twitter for the most recent updates!

Best,
Teddy
Thanks for the answer. I'll try to test the alpha version of your platform. For this, i will have to register and go through KYC?

We'll have official announcement when the MVP is released and in the meantime you could send your inquiry to be one of the first to join and test the MVP from here - https://os.university/platform - under platform players Wink

Best!
BitcoinBoy1337

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 01:14:25 PM

how does this differ from all the other educational platforms out there ? and what reason do I have besides using the platform to purchase the token?

pupesko

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 01:15:58 PM

Everyone who is interested to know more - here is the AMA (ask me anything) session we had yesterday - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI7CoGgwFXw Enojy! Comment down below, if you have any questions!

Cheers,
Teddy
pupesko

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 01:23:18 PM

how does this differ from all the other educational platforms out there ? and what reason do I have besides using the platform to purchase the token?

@BitcoinBoy1337, thank you for this questions! Open Source University helps learners claim & advance their educational identity beyond borders by providing world's first immutable educational passport as a service on the blockchain. We are providing Universities and MOOC's with the opportunity to store, validate and verify their learners certificates on the Blockchain without the need of a third party. There fore our business is not related to education content creation, we are not educational platform in the meaning of content provider but rather the missing part to bridge the gap between Businesses and Academia.

The EDU token is the motor of this platform and allows you to store your certificates on the blockchain with zero fees. Thus you could have all your diplomas, certificates and achievements immutably stored and available worldwide. More about the tokenomics you could find in our Pitch deck - https://os.university/static/pitch-deck.pdf

I am available if you need more information!

Cheers,
Teddy
Whitethoughts

Activity: 336

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 01:38:35 PM

I really like the mission that this project has, education is becoming the most needed thing for this modern semip crypto world, and the team is very experienced in this field, it will make it the most needed in the world of crypto in the future

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! Stay tuned for more updates before the start of the crowdsale on June 4th.

In the meantime, you could have a look at the OS.University interview on Bloomberg. Our Project lead, Hristian shared more on our progress on the application of Blockchain in education and recruiting, mission and vision of the platform. Watch the video here - https://www.facebook.com/OpenSourceUni/videos/870610953140020/

Do you have any partnership with Bloomberg?
I see that members of your team are constantly performing there.

Bloomberg recognised the project a few years ago and highly appreciate everything we do. They support us in growing recognition and awareness. Official media partner where we are featured - see other media outlets https://os.university/project/

I think that the trust of such an information partner is a good sign for any project. Perhaps further development of the project will go easier with such a background.

pupesko

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 07:36:23 AM

[Update] Hey, guys Smiley Here is the weekly wrap-up on Open Source University progress from our London office. Have a great weekend ahead! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq0OLXXQyoo
tilecuwi

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 07:54:45 AM

[Update] Hey, guys Smiley Here is the weekly wrap-up on Open Source University progress from our London office. Have a great weekend ahead! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq0OLXXQyoo

Thank you for your wishes.
I hope your team also rests, judging by the activity you do not have days off.
th4o

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:04:29 AM

As I understand this project in something similar to TheKey only with a greater focus on the identification of documents on education and evidence of competencies. I was not mistaken?

@th4o, I do agree that we have similar idea in terms of using the word "verification". Open Source University is decentralised platform to provide learners with verified and validated credentials wallet. Those learners will have a digital credentials wallet but is has nothing to do with personal identity and government issues. This is an educational platform with a great market place for educational programs and courses of any kind. Imagine your knowledge, skills and career achievements stored on blockchain. That's what we do.

Teddy
Thank you, I will study your project in more detail. The general concept looks original, I have not seen something like this in other projects. I think this system will find its niche in the market.
cabbage55

Activity: 177

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 11:13:50 AM

About your bounty program - is it intended only for owners of online periodicals or writers that work for another website (journal, for example) can also take part?
NewDeal

Activity: 378

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 11:28:23 AM

About your bounty program - is it intended only for owners of online periodicals or writers that work for another website (journal, for example) can also take part?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3396211.0
Bounty Campaign Token Allocation:

Overall Bounty:
960 000 EDU (equals ~ 960 ETH)

Reviews/Articles 12% - 115 200 EDU

Youtube videos 18% - 172 800 EDU

Medium 6% - 57 600 EDU

Steemit 4% - 38 400 EDU

Signature and Avatar 10% - 96 000 EDU

Facebook 6% - 57 600 EDU

Telegram 6% - 57 600 EDU

Linkedin 4% - 38 400 EDU

Reddit 4% - 38 400 EDU

Translations & Review 24% - 230400 EDU

Community management 6% - 57 600 EDU
As you can see there are many kinds of bounty in which you can take part.

BitcoinBoy1337

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 07:01:18 AM

@BitcoinBoy1337, thank you for this questions! Open Source University helps learners claim & advance their educational identity beyond borders by providing world's first immutable educational passport as a service on the blockchain. We are providing Universities and MOOC's with the opportunity to store, validate and verify their learners certificates on the Blockchain without the need of a third party. There fore our business is not related to education content creation, we are not educational platform in the meaning of content provider but rather the missing part to bridge the gap between Businesses and Academia.

The EDU token is the motor of this platform and allows you to store your certificates on the blockchain with zero fees. Thus you could have all your diplomas, certificates and achievements immutably stored and available worldwide. More about the tokenomics you could find in our Pitch deck - https://os.university/static/pitch-deck.pdf

Cheers,
Teddy

Thank you very much for the info. Now I see the difference and actually really like it. But how do you deal with plagiarism and identity theft? Sometimes it doens´t make it easier to store those sensible data online

BaalMcKloud

Activity: 910

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:08:09 AM

The countdown is on! Open Source University crowdsale starts in 10 DAYS! www.os.university

At this stage, the price will be 750 tokens per 1 ETH?

Really soon we'll announce special bonuses. The first to contribute to the Open Source University project will have the chance to buy tokens with 40% bonus, at price of 1050 EDU = 1 ETH Smiley

Stay tuned for more updates very soon!
Thank you. How I understood this information will be published with the beginning of the main stage of sales?
pupesko

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:50:58 PM

Everyone could join the bounty program and contribute to the project the way he can. Currently we are accepting article from personal medium blog, steemit, website but also media associates Smiley

Please use the bounty thread for more questions of this kind and let us know more details about your idea - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3396211.new#new

Best,
Teddy
pupesko

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 09:12:25 PM

Cheers,
Teddy

Thank you very much for the info. Now I see the difference and actually really like it. But how do you deal with plagiarism and identity theft? Sometimes it doens´t make it easier to store those sensible data online

We deal with plagiarism and educational identity theft really easy. There are more than 5 reasons why we are using Blockchain to build Open Source University platform. Some of them are authenticity, decentralising trust, less bureaucracy, direct interaction, security.

But let's us first get back to the meaning of the word "plagiarism". A simple example would be the case of me having a diploma from Boston University and you pretending to be me and having the same paper, right? We solve this problem by providing certification rights to the Boston University which means that they are the only authority to validate and verify my diploma on the blockchain. Once the transaction for initiating a new diploma (meaning mine, as it is the first one in our example) is been processed on the Blockchain, this action can not be undone - that's what we call immutable storage. If you pretend to have the same diploma like mine, first you need to convince Boston University as certification authority that basically You are Me, and that's the first thing and even if you succeed they have to try to rewrite the document and release a second one - which is impossible thanks to the technology.

Talking about identity in general. That's not a thing we are working on. But if you mean educational identity then we have the same case as the plagiarism but this time we include all the skills and achievements of a person. In this case you have to convince everybody that You are ME and also to try to change the "blocks" in the blockchain which is practically impossible.

To read more on the topic of why we use Blockchain in Open Source University, read the following blog post by our CTO (https://medium.com/the-os-university-blog/5-reasons-why-blockchain-is-the-right-technology-for-edtech-6164d3ee676f) or download the book of our Project lead, Hristian - "Academia 4.0: University on the Blockchain" for free from here - https://os.university/book

I hope to have answered your question Smiley

Teddy
pupesko

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 09:13:04 PM

The countdown is on! Open Source University crowdsale starts in 10 DAYS! www.os.university

At this stage, the price will be 750 tokens per 1 ETH?

Really soon we'll announce special bonuses. The first to contribute to the Open Source University project will have the chance to buy tokens with 40% bonus, at price of 1050 EDU = 1 ETH Smiley

Stay tuned for more updates very soon!
Thank you. How I understood this information will be published with the beginning of the main stage of sales?

Even sooner Wink
pupesko

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 09:14:16 PM

What level of soft cap does the project have?

Hi @SirgulioB! Thank you for this question, actually a lot of people want to know the answer Smiley

The amount of tokens to be sold on both private and public pre-sale before the main tokensale was 3700 ETH. This is occasionally labeled as a soft-cap on different listing platforms, considering that it is a target for the pre-sale. However, as we have always communicated, we do not have a set milestone of minimum ETH to be raised, because we are a dedicated R&D team of academicians and software developers that is executing this project for the good part of the last 3 years, with co-financing by the European Commission. We have a mix of financing instruments to back the project, therefore no real soft caps, but clear set of targets to achieve.

Follow us on twitter for the most recent one - https://twitter.com/OpenSource_Uni/status/999000833453953024 Wink

Cheers,
Teddy

Thanks for the answer, I see your project has an excellent background. I will not be surprised if you will collect a hard cap at the main stage of sales.

That is the scenario we are working on every day for the last few years! Thank you for the support Smiley

To the best of my modest abilities, I will participate in your project. I hope this will be a win-win cooperation for everyone.

Feel free to join at any time Smiley
SalmaBR

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:39:46 PM

I am really liking the mission of this project Cheesy It is all about education now
Holopopstyir

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 06:14:02 AM

Before the start of sales there is a week left. I wonder how many people have passed the KYC by this time.

DarcMatter   The Future of Decentralized Financial Services   Whitepaper
Token Sale   ANN Thread   Twitter   Telegram
BitcoinBoy1337

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:03:50 AM

Cheers,
Teddy

We deal with plagiarism and educational identity theft really easy. There are more than 5 reasons why we are using Blockchain to build Open Source University platform. Some of them are authenticity, decentralising trust, less bureaucracy, direct interaction, security.

But let's us first get back to the meaning of the word "plagiarism". A simple example would be the case of me having a diploma from Boston University and you pretending to be me and having the same paper, right? We solve this problem by providing certification rights to the Boston University which means that they are the only authority to validate and verify my diploma on the blockchain. Once the transaction for initiating a new diploma (meaning mine, as it is the first one in our example) is been processed on the Blockchain, this action can not be undone - that's what we call immutable storage. If you pretend to have the same diploma like mine, first you need to convince Boston University as certification authority that basically You are Me, and that's the first thing and even if you succeed they have to try to rewrite the document and release a second one - which is impossible thanks to the technology.

Talking about identity in general. That's not a thing we are working on. But if you mean educational identity then we have the same case as the plagiarism but this time we include all the skills and achievements of a person. In this case you have to convince everybody that You are ME and also to try to change the "blocks" in the blockchain which is practically impossible.

To read more on the topic of why we use Blockchain in Open Source University, read the following blog post by our CTO (https://medium.com/the-os-university-blog/5-reasons-why-blockchain-is-the-right-technology-for-edtech-6164d3ee676f) or download the book of our Project lead, Hristian - "Academia 4.0: University on the Blockchain" for free from here - https://os.university/book

I hope to have answered your question Smiley

Teddy

Thank you once again for the detailed answer! Do you have an detailed walkthrough-video of the platform planned?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: