Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:16:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] 🌟🎓OPEN SOURCE UNIVERSITY - Education 4.0 powered by EDU Tokens 🎓💥🌟  (Read 24414 times)
pupesko

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:21:12 AM

As soon as i saw that the EU commission signed on to this project, got me dwelling. Bought it with their generous bonus. Low cap token and even token burning means only 1 thing: this should moon imo.

to da moon! Smiley

Agreed. Partnerships are everything and the EU isn't exactly a minor player. It will be interesting to see who else they can bring on board, and how easy or difficult that will be. So many of these new businesses are great disruptors, and there is always resistance to anything that upsets the apple cart.

We already have some major partnerships that help us create the first steps for a massive adoption of the project. Our research work and established relationships with local renowned Universities and recruiting businesses provide us with great potential for further business development in all the areas - Academia, Businesses, Learners.

We are also in close relationship with student unions and organisations helping students find better opportunities for Career Development. The OS.University digital competence passport will store all the information about their skill set and achievements and thus making it easier for all to improve. Such an example is our partnership with Access MBA - they plan to use OS.University platform as an exclusive professional pool of candidates. Access MBA as a Business will have access to learner’s profiles which contain educational, work experience, skills & qualifications track record, validated and verified on the Blockchain. Therefore we will easy their higher education matching service. Read more here - https://medium.com/the-os-university-blog/os-university-to-partner-with-the-higher-education-matching-service-access-mba-8eb5b3425143

There are other examples as well such as the student union ESTIEM - https://medium.com/the-os-university-blog/os-university-featured-in-esteim-fafb7661702d Though one of the most recent update from our side is the fact that we joined the London’s edtech hub for innovators, powered by UCL and partners. Read more here - https://medium.com/the-os-university-blog/we-joined-educate-londons-edtech-innovators-hub-powered-by-ucl-and-partners-8b17d2ae7fcf
pupesko

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:33:41 AM

you have a very good vision and mission, maybe this is a breakthrough that is being done by many projects. I am sure if this can be developed properly. this project can be a huge success and become a keynungan for those who invest here.
congratulations and good luck

Thank you for the positive feedback! Stay tuned for our Alpha release, join our Telegram community for the most recent updates - https://t.me/OSUniversity

OS.University Team

hi , do we have to register for the alpha release

There is already an form open for registration for early adopters in our website - https://os.university/platform/ You could register for receiving the most recent updates and once the platform is ready, you'll be one of the first to try it Smiley

Teddy
pupesko

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:35:27 AM

university? training will be online? Are you officially decorated? are your teachers certified? is it possible to check all this information and will accept your diploma at the enterprises?
where will the exams take place

The will be organised by the course provider and in most cases when it concerns online courses they are most probably going to be online.

Best,
Teddy
CrYpTo2DAN

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 01:42:08 PM

I love how the team have already announced the exchanges so early. Goes to show the dedication they have for this project and all its contributors.
@Richard

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 01:57:03 PM

Universities are massively out of touch and half the time, the lecturers don't want to be there anymore than the students do  Cheesy More and more people are looking at more time affordable and cost effective options to educate themselves to help them progress in their careers but of course validity and certification is a massive issue. Until now.
I really wish this project the greatest of success and hope everyone will get involved and use this as an opportunity to begin to change the landscape of our learning.
What you've noted is  very true. Also where i am situated is a very bad location due to facilities available or transportation to certain areas. the only reason I am here is because this was the closest location to my accomadation. With this new project people will not have to worry themselves about where they go or how they will be able to get around (those are some of the reasons people dont move to higher education) everything they need will be accessible online from the comfort of their own home.
Know so many people who have faced the same problem. will be great to change that all around.
TimBohan777

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 01:59:14 PM

Developers have used their talents. And they did the right thing, they did not start spraying, but took the direction for education and certification. Grin Grin Grin
@Richard

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 02:09:47 PM

The lottery idea is such a great one. Thank you OS university for giving such a generous opportunity to everyone. Not many ICO'S out there do that kind of thing. 3000 EDU is a very nice amount
uniquelymoi

Activity: 23

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 09:21:16 PM

Education is a real investment. We all need it however not everyone has access to it for whatever the reason. I just love what OSU is trying to achieve. It will enable students irrespective of background to have a record of attainment and show potential employers that they don't necessarily have to have a degree or specific curriculum for x number of years in order to make them an ideal candidate. The impact could be HUGE.
GMT68

Activity: 55
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 12:01:53 PM

I hope that the project has enough time to collect a hard cap, I want it to be implemented in a short time.

Soft cap will do it, and I think they already reached that with private funding. Could be wrong though. I do know there was plenty of early interest in this one.
Emilytran

Activity: 157

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 03:20:06 AM

As a believer in education I feel that OSU is definitely one to support. The opportunity to lower costs, remove third parties and utilise blockchain tech and really change things up within the education space. Excited to see where this project will go.
GMT68

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 03:56:50 PM

As a believer in education I feel that OSU is definitely one to support. The opportunity to lower costs, remove third parties and utilise blockchain tech and really change things up within the education space. Excited to see where this project will go.

The education revolution is upon us.
RogTheDodge

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 04:47:54 PM

The education revolution is upon us.

Indeed, wise words there!
@Richard

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 07:30:25 PM

The path pnly leads upwards from here  Grin
Legion57

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 08:49:54 AM

Aside from the impact this project could have on students themselves, OSUni are really paving the way a shake up in hiring and recruitment processes. The financial impact of getting recruitment wrong in businesses and organisations is HUGE, not to mention the waste of time, and for small businesses - these mistakes could very well be detrimental. Incorporating tech and transparency between businesses and potential candidates could very well change the way we do business and I can certainly see the benefits this will have, for all parties involved.
comedy-decentral

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:12:52 PM

When you think about blockchain projects which could really help the World, this has got to be up there.  There is a huge opportunity for OSU to tackle so much ill in the World. Lack of Education and Skills for poorer people usually means a life of hardship. With OSU offering cheap university-standard education and skills which are matched up with current employers needs, many people will have a better life. Completely behind this project. Go EDU!

'Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.' Malcolm X
diggin4coins

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 03:56:50 PM

Wow, such a great project. Reading through, I saw something about EDU being in top 10 for social innovation. I can see why. This has such huge potential for society.
Prior111

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:28:13 PM

I am very familiar with this project however i have a question i am not entirely sure of the answer. So the platform that holds the uploaded courses, will they be subject to the peoples choice and preference or will there only be specific courses uploaded in which the people will have to choose from.
@Richard

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:44:34 PM

I am very familiar with this project however i have a question i am not entirely sure of the answer. So the platform that holds the uploaded courses, will they be subject to the peoples choice and preference or will there only be specific courses uploaded in which the people will have to choose from.
I am not entirely sure of the answer to that, hopefully one of the devs will reply but i remember seeing this on their website that might help your answer.
What courses will be available on the platform?
We’ll gather all courses and degrees which are already published on the e-learning platforms and all specific learning platforms launched by organizations and academies. On the platform we’ll store only the key parameters related to the learners experience like skills, grades etc.
Hope that helps.
GMT68

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 07:19:09 PM

I've heard some talk about possible connections with AliPay and possibly Cardano too. Seems like OSU is not going to be tied to the eth blockchain after all. Good news if true.
AlexAnd

Activity: 39

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 09:19:36 PM

I've heard some talk about possible connections with AliPay and possibly Cardano too. Seems like OSU is not going to be tied to the eth blockchain after all. Good news if true.

Rumour or fact?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: