Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:34:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto can be less volatile than gold?  (Read 2259 times)
btcjoe99

Activity: 25
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 02:20:36 PM

yes. with more players in the game and specially, more qualified traders and investors that don't react to news as emotional as the current userbase (not all but many).
imagine a pension fund or other funds joining crypto for a mid term (5-10y) investment. they hold. and they hold a lot.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jones95

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 02:21:04 PM

Many people compare crypto to gold, and I see so many similarities as well.

I believe one day crypto can be less volatile than gold. If more people adopt, and address values to everyday items, trading in a daily basis, (like for grocery shopping) then crypto will  be easier to use, safer, fluctuate less in terms of prices, and a lot more stable.

What do you guys think?

You are right, and it will be less volatile. But until then volatility is also good, for earnings when buying or selling.
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 02:46:30 PM

I believe one day crypto can be less volatile than gold. If more people adopt, and address values to everyday items, trading in a daily basis, (like for grocery shopping) then crypto will  be easier to use, safer, fluctuate less in terms of prices, and a lot more stable.

What do you guys think?
It is very unlikely that is going to happen anytime soon, people have been using gold for thousands of years while bitcoin is a very recent invention, we also know that we can make the economy work with gold because that is the way it used to work and many civilizations of the past used gold and silver as their main currencies while we do not have an idea if we can make the economy work with bitcoin and cryptocurrencies, so as you can see there are many unknowns about bitcoin and those unknown factors make the volatility even greater.
BurstBurst

Activity: 494
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 02:54:55 PM

Bitcoin will eventually end up like gold. Gold has a very long history behind it and bitcoin is at its early stage yet so it takes time for that to happen. If all 21 million bitcoin will be mined and circulated then absolutely the means that it is accepted worldwide and people will start using it and no entity will manipulate it anymore. That can lessen the volatility of bitcoin's price.
Free1bitco.in

Activity: 1624
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:00:28 PM

yes that's the risk if you want to adopt from the price of crypto is not stable when compared with gold
but I feel crypto is more profitable if adopting it than gold,
profit can reach 2-fold
Cepot

Activity: 243
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:26:05 PM

it is true crypto is currently unstable compared to gold, but crypto is more advantageous than gold although gold is not at risk and the price of gold is determined by the central bank
BartS

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:56:59 PM

Bitcoin will eventually end up like gold. Gold has a very long history behind it and bitcoin is at its early stage yet so it takes time for that to happen. If all 21 million bitcoin will be mined and circulated then absolutely the means that it is accepted worldwide and people will start using it and no entity will manipulate it anymore. That can lessen the volatility of bitcoin's price.
There is in fact a big chance that happens, bitcoin has a very limited supply and when something has a very limited supply it has a tendency to go up in value and when we take into account that the value of bitcoin is so high despite the fact that very few people around the world have adopted, it is very likely that we are going to see a huge price when people finally realize the scam that is the fiat economy, at that point I think we're going to see adoption growing incredibly fast and at that point the volatility could go down somewhat.
GSTremor

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 08:05:33 PM

I hope that a single cryptocurrency will appear in the world, which will not allow States to speculate with their currency, which is happening today all the time.
Cliparts

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 08:38:34 PM

Yes it is possible. But to begin with, the cryptocurrency should completely replace real money. But in general Bitkoin is the same gold, only it is digital.
Well to me bitcoin is not gold but bitcoin is something really better than gold as we can see nothing is that much high in price as much as bitcoin is and nothing gives profit higher than bitcoin. Bitcoin use to increase and decrease in price it is because it has volatile nature whenever people show interest for bitcoin to invest it use to increase in price, the same way it decreases but the differed I have noticed between gold and bitcoin is, bitcoin increases very high but most of time gold use to remain at the same position.
Endank

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 11:53:20 AM

There are many financial news headlines that generate fear to these investors that make crypto unstable, crypto vulnerable to news related to geopolitical and financial.
saras008

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 01:11:11 PM

The value of gold always rises every year and minimal inflation risk:
Gold trading has a simpler and easier analysis.
Gold prices are quite strong against the crisis and are resistant to inflation.
it's hard for crypto to match the gold stability.
PutuPartoHarjo

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 01:30:50 PM

Bitcoin price instability is also driven largely by the various perceptions of intrinsic value of cryptocurrency as a store of value and value transfer methods. Because of these two factors, the current Bitcoin spot price varies against the dollar and other fiat currencies.
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 01:40:25 PM

The reason why the Bitcoin price is so volatile is because the bitcoins are not evenly distributed to a lot of people. You still get a few "Whales" with loads of coins that can manipulate the price. When coins are distributed more evenly, these "Whales" will have less coins to dump on markets or less fiat to buy big amounts of coins.

So you will have a much less volatile price movement in theory on the exchanges, because more people are influencing the price and not only a small group of individuals with a lot of coins/fiat.  
according to this site and it looks like more than 80% of bitcoin has owned by less than 0.68% from the total address existing in the bitcoin blockchain.
But if the bitcoin even had fair distribution and it will be so volatile consider the whale can manipulate the market. Those people with infinite money can do anything to the market,.
Man From The Future

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:50:09 AM

Most people prefer to invest in gold over crypto, because gold price is more stable. Investing in crypto is very risky, because the price is very volatile. If everyone uses crypto in everyday life, I believe the price of crypto can be stable. If everyone knows the advantages of crypto, I think many people will invest in crypto. If we invest in crypto for a long time, then the profits are huge than investing in gold. Not to mention the technology owned by crypto, for those who know for sure they will be interested in investing in crypto.

THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /
      ▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄█████████████████▄
  █████▀▀  ███  ▀▀█████
 ████     █████     ████
████     ███████
███▀    ████ ████
███▄   ████   ████
████  ████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████
 ███████████████████████
  █████▄▄       ▄▄█████
   ▀█████████████████▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
gune68gune

Activity: 181

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:57:25 AM

I believe one day crypto can be less volatile than gold. If more people adopt, and address values to everyday items, trading in a daily basis, (like for grocery shopping) then crypto will  be easier to use, safer, fluctuate less in terms of prices, and a lot more stable.

What do you guys think?

I think until now gold will be more stable than crypto. That's because gold is worth a physical investment whose price can be controlled, while crypto digital investment without control and its price depends on market demand.
fromnicetoevil

Activity: 89

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 01:46:13 PM

With the way that crypto is positioned, there is no way that cryptos will be more stable than gold. Gold is one of the most stable assets in the world and even when it falls, it does so by a small margin. Which is why for people who do not have the heart for volatile investments should stick with gold.
orangy

Activity: 85

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 01:57:22 PM

What do you guys think?
Encryption should be more unstable.
BartS

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 01:34:56 PM

Most people prefer to invest in gold over crypto, because gold price is more stable. Investing in crypto is very risky, because the price is very volatile. If everyone uses crypto in everyday life, I believe the price of crypto can be stable. If everyone knows the advantages of crypto, I think many people will invest in crypto. If we invest in crypto for a long time, then the profits are huge than investing in gold. Not to mention the technology owned by crypto, for those who know for sure they will be interested in investing in crypto.
It is true that most people prefer to invest in gold than to invest in cryptocurrencies, but I really think that is just because gold has been around for so long, but that is going to change especially when people begin to realize that the profits that they can get with cryptocurrencies are way higher than anything that they could get with gold, in my opinion you should only put your money in gold if you are already satisfied with the size of your wealth, but if that is not the case then it is way better to invest in cryptocurrencies since the potential to grow your investment in a fast way is incredible.
21millionsbtc

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 01:42:31 PM

Crypto is in initial stages we cant market which is equal to Gold in any range gold market is Eight Trillion dollars whereas Crypto market is just 500 Billion dollars
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 08:45:38 AM

Gold is a household name and crypto has yet to reach that kind of recognition. That said, the very comparison makes it a worthy investment. As for volatility, there you have got it wrong!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: