Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:01:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto can be less volatile than gold?  (Read 2259 times)
mihtju

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 11:29:11 PM

I think it's possible, but in the future, in 15 years. So far, cryptocurrencies are only developing, and it would be good if they now just grew in price, reaching its peak.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WolkGold

Activity: 139
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 11:37:10 PM

I do not think that. Gold has the same characteristics as decentralized supply, but some recent adjustments show that government and banking will have some impact on the management of gold prices and volatility. Right now, cryptocurrency is yet to be managed and controlled. Volatility will help the market to survive. This is the most important feature of crypto.
AlisaWhishie

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 11:40:05 PM

I think it's possible, but in the future, in 15 years. So far, cryptocurrencies are only developing, and it would be good if they now just grew in price, reaching its peak.

Why 15 years? Does it depend on the speed of Bitcoin mining? We all know that sooner or later all coins will be mined, I have read some articles about when it will finally happen (and all of them give different predictions actually), but then the price will not be so volatile, to my mind. Or I am mistaken? So small bitcoin price volatility will immediately make other coins/tokens less volatile as well.

Lumada

Activity: 520
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 11:43:17 PM

I do not think that. Gold has the same characteristics as decentralized supply, but some recent adjustments show that government and banking will have some impact on the management of gold prices and volatility. Right now, cryptocurrency is yet to be managed and controlled. Volatility will help the market to survive. This is the most important feature of crypto.

Crypto needs to be volatile in order to us to have good trading strategy or profit unlike in gold it is more into investment that can be a source of income whenever crypto is not on good state. Having both can ensure a better life.

OOOBTC.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bounty
Coin12

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

1st of May

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 11:46:58 PM

Many people compare crypto to gold, and I see so many similarities as well.

I believe one day crypto can be less volatile than gold. If more people adopt, and address values to everyday items, trading in a daily basis, (like for grocery shopping) then crypto will  be easier to use, safer, fluctuate less in terms of prices, and a lot more stable.

What do you guys think?
Stable is not good if we are trader. Stable only good if the price of crypto will be used for buying any stuff.
What do you think? So this is very difficult choice for me. First i want to use crypto in daily adoption to use to buy something but if its happen then trader will be not effective anymore.

》》  HashCard   ∥|▌ REVOLUTIONISING HOW YOU USE CREDIT & DEBIT CARDS
▌|∥     JOIN WHITELIST     ∥|▐
Whitepaper TelegramTwitterFacebookMediumGithubYoutubeANN Thread
Heart18

Activity: 210
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 11:52:58 PM

You can compare only crypto to gold through it's value but not it's nature. Gold is more stable than crypto because crypto are so volatile, it  rapidly change it's price. And volatility of crypto are the reason why you earn more profit from it.
cliffdex

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:02:20 AM

both the crypto and gold are unique medium of exchage in the world today. Cryptocurrency has been historically volatile. reason been that it has increased volume. The more people who are using and trading, the less any one person or event can cause volatility.
Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 05:02:31 AM

Crypto currency can not by its nature be less volatile than gold. It will always have high volatility. Therefore, the expectation of the other will remain only expectations. If we look at gold prices and crypto currency, it becomes obvious that gold is much more stable and will remain so. At the same time, prices for crypto currency have always been and will be as volatile as possible. Apparently, it will always be so.
rlm42

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 05:19:24 AM

The currency of any country is tied to the gold-currency reserve of this country itself. But the state of the world is not in a hurry to fully legalize the cryptocurrency. In my opinion, it is very dangerous to replace gold with the crypto. Well, we should not forget that the state is primarily centralized, which is completely proportional to the cryptocurrency.
jacafbiz

Activity: 2072
Merit: 529

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 05:33:23 AM

Yes, it can. If people start treating Bitcoin as investment. Another thing is that if the number of holders increased significantly. that for one to have 1BTC it would be a great feat then someone showing up on exchanges with huge BTC to dump would reduced significantly and help the price to become stabilised

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
pallang

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 08:28:43 AM

Price of gold is stable its price goes up slowly but not often while in Bitcoin it's fast in just a time it's price is high then all of a sudden it goes down and that's unpredictable so when you invest in bitcoin be wise to avoid lose of money.

modmalaney

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 08:37:58 AM

price stability in the crypto is a difficult thing to achieve. fluctuations in the crypto always happen and that's what makes people get stuck. Indeed the risks are great, but the results can be obtained from crypto is much greater than gold. the full crypto risk but great results, arguably secure gold but the achievement each year is not necessarily high escalated. just choose the course that you think can make you get big results.
Realerre

Activity: 124
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 08:43:23 AM

Crypto have a predictable inflation and total supply. Like Now depre in a price discovery phase, but in an hundred years if still alive bitcoin will probably have a very stable price, compared to gold and also fiat (but the price in fiat could still go up/down because of fiat)
Cryptokingind

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 08:48:12 AM

Crypto is highly volatile and there is no comparison between gold and crypto currencies because gold can be traded everywhere but we have very less trading options for crypto currencies and it can not be traded physically like gold.
senne

Activity: 1078
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:58:38 PM

I think you are confused with the statement as the actual fact is Crypto is more volatile than gold as crypto is supported by a decentralized system and accounts lot of fluctuation. Hence, crypto will always be more volatile than gold at any situation. Gold is traded globally which decrease its volatility, the only time we see price fluctuation in gold when there is news or rumors regarding war rest at all time gold seems to be stable wheres in crypto prices are fluctuating everyday.
therwtonn

Activity: 82
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 11:33:44 AM

I believe one day crypto can be less volatile than gold. If more people adopt, and address values to everyday items, trading in a daily basis, (like for grocery shopping) then crypto will  be easier to use, safer, fluctuate less in terms of prices, and a lot more stable.

What do you guys think?

Maybe one day in the far future. I can't imagine it will be possible that cryptocurrencies become less volatile then gold in near future.

If you see price of gold it take few months or years to change price a little, and cryptocurrency price can jump +- 30% in a day.
Absolutely maybe one day and it is a day I believe will come anyway. I remember gold was once volatile like this in a huge way and in the early days of the market there would always be time when we will get to see moments such as this, but as time goes on, I believe things would change in a very good way as the market keep maturing which is the future we all are eagerly waiting for anyway.
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 11:37:31 AM

Well for me bitcoin/crypto is more volatile than gold.Even though that bitcoin has a great value it can never beat the stability of the value of gold.
For now, yeah! In the future, we do not know and we can only wait to see how it turns out. Let's not forget though that the market presently as it has grown is no longer what it used to be back then when the market can simply start rising hugely and then you get to see it dump pretty fast.

Once there is huge demand and real life usage generally, which obviously would have caused a huge spike in value; at that point, we may start seeing less volatility but not like it would be completely out.
googs84

Activity: 630
Merit: 256

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 11:45:02 AM

What do you guys think?

May be or may be not. The thing is if you give it name of gold then it looses the basic working principle that is being a currency. Yes, bitcoin is currency in reality. That was the prime reason it was created just to make the transaction secure and lightening fast but eventually we the humans out of our greed made it look like store value.

I don’t think it will be used like gold. If I’m the future it really does get source of trading etc then it will be more or less currency.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
lan.anh63

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 04:49:18 AM

it is true crypto is currently unstable compared to gold, but crypto is more advantageous than gold although gold is not at risk and the price of gold is determined by the central bank
Darknight31

Activity: 209

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:48:43 AM

I don't think so.
Even if Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency is adopted by all the people, there will be whales that can manipulate prices.
The reason why gold price is more stable is not its adoption. Gold price is controlled by central banks.

Yes, I agree that the price of bitcoin can easily manipulated. Sometimes it increases and sometimes it decreases depending on the time because it varies over a period of time. On the other hand, the price of gold is dynamic because it has an constant value and cannot be manipulated by others.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: