Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:54:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto can be less volatile than gold?  (Read 2259 times)
CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 08:48:20 AM

Just speaking the fact here, crypto is being used as a speculative tool heavily where gold, so many people consider as an investment or a form of wealth saving, this alone answers your question that cryptocurrency will never ever become as stable as gold and the market capitalization is kinda too low for bitcoin or any crypto summed up to prevent any form of manipulation, even if bill gates want he would easily manipulate the price of bitcoin.

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hengha

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:39:41 AM

I think that cryptocurrency is now an investment commodity, and gold has become a commodity with a horizontal price. The price of cryptocurrency changes every day, so it is very unstable!

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
caisa88

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 10:35:55 AM

Yes, in the future the prices of the cryptocurrencies will begin to be more stabilised then they are now. However, now we are still in the early stages and we can see frequently changes in prices for some altcoins of more than 100% in a day.

sasisa

Activity: 154
Merit: 30

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 10:46:29 AM

Perhaps if only in the distant future. But now it's impossible to imagine. So far, the price of gold is controlled by Central banks
fransxavariustintin

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 10:55:26 AM

I agree with your opinion, crypto has an unstable value like gold, if crypto is used for daily transactions like the currency we use in the real world, then I think crypto will have a stable value.
newcoin01

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 11:22:37 AM

There are stocks, banknotes, golds... out there. Some are volatile some are not. We have gold based token, stablecoins are being talked lately so much, and the other ones like security, utility tokens which I expect volatile...
efodix

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 11:36:18 AM

The market capitalization and liquidity of the gold today is larger comparing to bitcoin which is believed to be new gold (like Worren Buffet says), so it is still more volatile and nothing indicates it become less volatile in the future.
billbear

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 03:06:56 PM

One my mate said a great thing. Crypto is volative, if not - we would not need a crypto at all. This is the key
tony kurniawan

Activity: 151

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 03:11:58 PM

Many people compare crypto to gold, and I see so many similarities as well.

I believe one day crypto can be less volatile than gold. If more people adopt, and address values to everyday items, trading in a daily basis, (like for grocery shopping) then crypto will  be easier to use, safer, fluctuate less in terms of prices, and a lot more stable.

What do you guys think?

I think crypto the future will be more popular and many stores are receiving payments via bitcoin, but for the price stability I think it's hard because crypto has decentralized system and it will not be stable anytime.
MataHati

Activity: 280
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 03:17:57 PM

I believe one day crypto can be less volatile than gold. If more people adopt, and address values to everyday items, trading in a daily basis, (like for grocery shopping) then crypto will  be easier to use, safer, fluctuate less in terms of prices, and a lot more stable.

What do you guys think?
people's perceptions vary the same thing as we work, not necessarily people see our work is easily undertaken.

how we live it alone, remain grateful when we live happily.
mitrajkt

Activity: 508

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 04:13:54 PM

Gold prices are more stable than crypto and maybe that's one reason why people prefer gold and crypto not everyone knows it and sometimes prices go up sometimes degenerate, but crypto has an advantage in terms of security but if used for everyday purposes I think for now it has not been strong for some countries since it has not been allowed to be a legitimate means of exchange.
TirionLannister

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 04:20:32 PM

Can be. But this is possible only after all real money has completely disappeared. Therefore, we wait another 10 years.

► BINTEX ◄ ♦ Innovative Crypto Ecosystem With Unique Payment Features ♦ ► BINTEX ◄
───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Youtube◂| ▸Whitepaper
Azna Azhar

Activity: 153

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 04:32:42 PM

Gold prices are more stable than crypto and maybe that's one reason why people prefer gold and crypto not everyone knows it and sometimes prices go up sometimes degenerate, but crypto has an advantage in terms of security but if used for everyday purposes I think for now it has not been strong for some countries since it has not been allowed to be a legitimate means of exchange.
What you say I think is true. People may prefer gold because it has a stable price and always increases over time. Gold becomes a good investment medium and crypto becomes an investment medium that can provide high profits. Today, many people are getting rich by crypto, and I have seen the evidence. However, all forms of investment have risks, I think investing in crypto is higher than gold investment.
Nakasoshi

Activity: 156

Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 04:33:49 PM

Altcoins will never ever be the same as gold in my opinion they are more comarable to somethink like stocks. But bitcoin is in my opinion ideed comparable to gold

nata777

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 04:41:16 PM

What do you guys think?
I think that with gold you can only compare bitcoin. The rest of the coins are more appropriate to compare with the stocks of IT start-ups
zalizoll

Activity: 115

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 04:47:58 PM

I think gold is more stable than gold crypto.investasi more difficult to develop when d compare crypto.gold more suitable in say as a savings than in say as an investment.becouse gold can not grow its value.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 06:33:57 PM

I don't think so.
Even if Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency is adopted by all the people, there will be whales that can manipulate prices.
The reason why gold price is more stable is not its adoption. Gold price is controlled by central banks.
Right, but let's not forget that in a market with a lot of potentials, the institutions will always have to get a huge position in such market and I would not be surprised if this market turns out to be like that. However, it would not change its decentralized nature anyway, but the thing here is that with a huge market capitalization and great level of adoption, it is entirely possible to have less fluctuation, but when is what we do not know.

With a huge market cap, I believe less volatile than gold is going to be possible. This is still a very small market compared to the larger market and we still do have a long way to go, which I believe anyone who understands the future potential will definitely know better. There would be less fluctuation in the long run, but we are still far from it I believe and with real life usage and main stream adoption, I believe we can get there fast.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
FreddySelvig

Activity: 125

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 06:41:29 PM

What do you guys think?

It depends on what place bitcoin will take in the future. If he will be in the role of a payment system or in the role of storing value - these are very different things. In any case, I think that it will not be soon
crypmike

Activity: 910
Merit: 371

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 06:50:09 PM

For sure it can
Volatility is about liquidity and amount of money in an asset. As more money as less volatility
So in far far future when btc will be as common as credit cards I think it's very possible

My twitter — https://twitter.com/CrypMike

Diggin' #DeFi & #NFT
lucemferrum01

Activity: 245

The Future Of Work

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 06:53:09 PM

What do you guys think?

If i will choose between crypto and gold? Crypto is definitely my choose. Yeah you're right that crypto and gold has similarities but in becomes of value i think crypto is so different in gold because crypto is can be become more valuable than gold if the market has a moon.

▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬ The Future of Work. Decentralized. ▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬
Whitepaper﹞﹝ANN THREAD﹞﹝TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK﹞﹝TWITTER﹞﹝YOUTUBE
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: