Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 05:59:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin BANNED in bolivia  (Read 757 times)
Rhudy199

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 08:17:13 PM

I fully respect the decision of the government of Bolivia, and I also think that the government was thinking about the tax and everything that works here in the cryptocurrency, which means that bitcoin and other cryptos are freely roaming around without processing with the government, in simple words the government is not benefiting with the cryptocurrency but only the citizens of Bolivia are benefiting which may be the cause of banning bitcoin there, correct me if I'm wrong though.

I totally agree with your opinion
anitaraymonds

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 08:21:58 PM

BOLIVIA

the central bank of bolivia,el banco central de bolivia said in a statement:

"it is illegal to use any currency that is not issued and controlled by a goverment or an authorized entity."

This is one of the gimmicks of government to kill Bitcoin and we hope to see how this will work out. Government want to control bitcoin but it will not work.
avirdoz
Legendary

Activity: 1191
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 08:24:44 PM

Sad but the authorities want to keep everything under control and cryptocurrencies will be under constant pressure from the government side.
addeqt

Activity: 196
Merit: 30

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 08:52:06 PM

Is this another reason to stop believing in bitcoin or crypto as a whole? LOL, I always laugh at those news, even those are legitimate news, the effect to the bitcoin community is so small that the price wont even dip more than 10%. If the country state is a huge country with a huge crypto investors like US, China or Japan it could have a huge effect in the price. But until not all country ban bitcoin, the bitcoin will still continue and could even be more prosperous. I think their government just want to create their own coin and stopping current crypto transaction is a beneficial step.
Crypto one

Activity: 221
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 12:16:23 AM

BOLIVIA

"it is illegal to use any currency that is not issued and controlled by a goverment or an authorized entity."

This ban started 4 years ago...
Bitfling

Activity: 602
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 01:40:18 AM

BOLIVIA

I think that statement is only for payment purpose, and if we trade bitcoin, i think its should be fine. Many central bank in the world ban bitcoin if used for payment purpose but they can not ban if bitcoin used for trading
sungaiyangderas

Activity: 158

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 03:32:35 AM

I appreciate the Bolivian government's decision, and I also think that the government is thinking about taxes and everything that works here in cryptocurrency, which means that bitcoins and other cryptoes are free to roam without being processed with the government.
basty03

Activity: 304

0x1b2d294ab6ca449e34F946B86540cd342cF49100

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 04:35:04 AM

BOLIVIA

So that's why they ban bitcoin because they want to control bitcoin. We can blame them because that is their decision to protect their currency and their people but I think they need to consider the benefit that people will get in bitcoin.
Geor

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 03:22:22 PM

BOLIVIA

this is old news in 2014, what is the purpose of the author to discuss the old news on this thread and the news is not good for the current bitcoin increase.
Saddam Bin Delowar
Copper Member

Activity: 840
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 05:49:23 PM

This is very old news, But it is not suitable for Bolivia. Because, the world is moving forward using Bitcoin.
lorapalmer

Activity: 364

https://bvo.trybravo.com/

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 05:57:21 PM

BOLIVIA

the central bank of Bolivia, el banco central de Bolivia said in a statement:

"it is illegal to use any currency that is not issued and controlled by a government or an authorized entity."

One more government that wants to control everything and everybody in their country. No freedom at all.

Does anyone know any up-to-date news on the situation in Bolivia about a bitcoin? Any changes since 2014?

Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 06:00:45 PM

BOLIVIA

To me, the most scary thing about this is that some cou tries might just be led on by the actions of the other first world countris. While China and some other of the notable countries have been busy in their efforts on banning and completely trying to shut down cryptocurrency in their borders. This is a big change to what we are used to seeing as the third world countries dont even stand a chance as they are just copying or imitating what their actions are setting

masudginanjar

Activity: 130

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:39:38 PM

maybe later the Bolivians use the overseas Exchange and melt Bitcoin into its Fiat via Exchange Personal.

And that's in my opinion Bolivia State will lose the fee for its own state exchanges as taxes. That's where Bolivia will review to get rid of Bitcoin.

very unfortunate !
Melvin Narag

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:52:56 PM

Someone update him or her the status of Bitcoin and altcoin in Bolivia since his or her problem was before, I think most of the country now is opening little by little with Bitcoin and that makes me happy to see some people and more people are coming to invest in our crypto world.
Ferry22

Activity: 201

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 11:11:23 PM

Although in Bolivia Bitcoin is banned, but the public interest there is still very high for playing Bitcoin. they must have a way to keep playing Bitcoin and Getting money from Bitcoin. And we hope, there is no longer a country that prohibits Bitcoin, let Bitcoin quickly grow and its value can be high again, even higher than the end of 2017 yesterday.
bolbau

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:19:08 AM

I do not really understand the background and the exact reason the bolivia government banned the use of bitcoins. but as a third world country, their decisions and regulations will not have a significant effect on bitcoin markets and communities. the decisions of developed countries are more of a concern, because basically when developed countries start receiving bitcoin, developing countries are slowly starting to believe and follow it.
GeorgiyBilyk

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 10:30:39 AM

I do not really understand the background and the exact reason the bolivia government banned the use of bitcoins. but as a third world country, their decisions and regulations will not have a significant effect on bitcoin markets and communities. the decisions of developed countries are more of a concern, because basically when developed countries start receiving bitcoin, developing countries are slowly starting to believe and follow it.

on this country this country is not economically developed, because it does not want to open its doors to anything else! I was in Bolivia, the country lives with its old foundations and does not try to move forward! I see how the more up-to-date countries are giving more and more importance to the crypto market, and that's enough for me to be sure of bitcoin!

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
andeonnut

Activity: 238
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 10:32:21 AM

This is a minor speedbump and i dont think it'll have much impact.

▰▰▰   MODULE   ▰▰▰
▐▃ CRYPTOECONOMIC ECOSYSTEM ON A CLOUD STORAGE NETWORK ▃▌
https://modltoken.io/
Nyenyepogi

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 10:50:46 AM

BOLIVIA

Well this is the government decision nothing can do with that lets respect the government decision and besides the government has a true power to ban bitcoin in every country, I think the government don't know how to put regulation on bitcoin and its hard to identify who are the users of it so its hard to implement to put tax on it and the there are many scammers who used bitcoin for their scheme so I think that is the right decision for their country.
shadyrifles

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 11:24:38 AM

BOLIVIA

Yes, I heard this news last year, The country government and central bank are very scared that they will lose the control and power by allowing Bitcoin and cryptocurrency.
Bolivia services industry is still underdeveloped and Inhabiting one of the poorest countries in South America, the government had to take this step.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: