Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 07:14:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hashfast troll fest split from the cointerra thread  (Read 2033 times)
aerobatic

Activity: 702
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 11:27:38 PM

Jez mate, you're chasing your tail. It's fruitless, the dark yellow is well earned for a reason...

yea, i think you're right
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 11:30:25 PM

Jez mate, you're chasing your tail. It's fruitless, the dark yellow is well earned for a reason...

Yes, it is fruitless to accuse HashFast of lying unless you also apply that "logic" to Cointerra as well.

Thanks for taking my point.  A little slow, but I know you EECS guys aren't big on verbal comprehension.   Wink

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
ASIC-K

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Hell?

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 11:31:34 PM

Yes, it is fruitless to accuse HashFast of lying unless you also apply that "logic" to Cointerra as well.

Thanks for taking my point.  A little slow, but I know you EECS guys aren't big on verbal comprehension.   Wink

just to clarify, which company do you support? hashfast, bfl, knc, cointerra? or none.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 11:45:18 PM

just to clarify, which company do you support? hashfast, bfl, knc, cointerra? or none.

I support logical consistency.

If HashFast's chip is "late" because it didn't ship at the earliest possible moment, so is Cointerra's.

If HashFast 'must have known' they couldn't deliver at the earliest possible moment, so did Cointerra.

If HashFast 'should be sued' for not delivering at the earliest possible moment, so should Cointerra.

If HashFast 'is the devil and literally Hitler' for not providing refunds or guaranteed ROI in BTC, so is Cointerra.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
ASIC-K

Activity: 280

Hell?

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 11:46:34 PM

If HashFast's chip is "late" because it didn't ship at the earliest possible moment, so is Cointerra's.

If HashFast 'must have known' they couldn't deliver at the earliest possible moment, so did Cointerra.

If HashFast 'should be sued' for not delivering at the earliest possible moment, so should Cointerra.

If HashFast 'is the devil and literally Hitler' for not providing refunds or guaranteed ROI in BTC, so is Cointerra.

ok, well from my point of view both hashfast and cointerra are horrible failures....
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 11:52:04 PM
Last edit: December 15, 2013, 12:03:38 AM by iCEBREAKER

ok, well from my point of view both hashfast and cointerra are horrible failures....

Thank you for being logically consistent and fair.

I disagree with your conclusion, but appreciate your even-handed approach.

The attitude of 'HashFast can do no right despite their chip working great, and Cointerra can do no wrong despite having no chip' got old, so I'm putting a stop to it.

Always bet on Gödel...

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
aerobatic

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 12:13:09 AM

youre ignoring the price in that equation.

hf charged $14/gh for october delivery, and now might deliver in december/january.

ct charged $7/gh for december and $3/gh for january, and let people switch between the two batches at whim, thus most will get their january order, in january, at january prices.  no one has reason to be upset at that because the delivery date has been priced in.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 12:32:18 AM

HashFast is late because they promised October and failed.

We will be shipping in October.

They didn't ship in October. They didn't ship in November. December is half over and they have yet to ship.

Buy & Hold
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 12:41:49 AM

HashFast promised (and still promises) delivery by Dec 31.

Cointerra promised mid December and failed.

We need to sue Cointerra, because they probably knew Dec was impossible and just wanted to make extra money by lying.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
aerobatic

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 12:42:59 AM

We need to sue Cointerra, because they probably knew Dec was impossible and just wanted to make extra money by lying.

you're certifiably insane
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 12:44:23 AM

Or I'm making a point.  But please, continue to make an ass of yourself by presuming the worst instead of asking for clarification.  You're good at that.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 12:54:40 AM

I am a cointerra customer and I feel no need to be angry yet.  We are not hashfast victims, and everything is looking good.. I would much rather wait until january and pay half the price if i have to.  That is very considerate of them Smiley

Syke
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 12:57:22 AM

Notice how you deleted the quote that proves you wrong? I'll add it again. It's only 6 words. I know a couple of them have a lot of letters, but try reading it again. Here it is:

We will be shipping in October.

Buy & Hold
Coinkle

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:02:30 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2013, 01:15:55 AM by Coinkle

Or I'm making a point.  But please, continue to make an ass of yourself by presuming the worst instead of asking for clarification.  You're good at that.

No, you're not making a point, Aerobatic was right. You are certifiably insane!

CYPER

Activity: 812
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 02:44:34 AM

Or I'm making a point.  But please, continue to make an ass of yourself by presuming the worst instead of asking for clarification.  You're good at that.

No, you're not making a point, Aerobatic was right. You are certifiably insane!

You would have much better success arguing with a wall Wink
bitcoinermax

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 03:51:39 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2013, 04:01:55 AM by bitcoinermax

Aerobatic Firstly I should say that I respect your posts as they have generally been neutral and not biased for, or against, any of the ASIC suppliers / wannabe suppliers. I also think HF could be more open as to what has caused their delays. However to be fair, I am not sure if your pricing comparison below is correct as if the full MPP for HF is triggered (which i am sure is highly likely by now), then surely the correct price comparison for HF should be $2.80/GH for partial delivery in dec (assuming that deadline is met) and the rest of which depends on when the MPP is finally delivered? So unless my calculation is wrong, is their late delivery not also priced in?

[/quote]

youre ignoring the price in that equation.

hf charged $14/gh for october delivery, and now might deliver in december/january.

ct charged $7/gh for december and $3/gh for january, and let people switch between the two batches at whim, thus most will get their january order, in january, at january prices.  no one has reason to be upset at that because the delivery date has been priced in.
[/quote]

Not that this is an excuse for HF's poor communications or to stickup for IceDrill but he does have a point (albeit an overly exaggerated one) that the same principles should be applied to all the ASIC suppliers or supplier wannabes
Syke
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 04:47:10 AM

Not that this is an excuse for HF's poor communications or to stickup for IceDrill but he does have a point (albeit an overly exaggerated one) that the same principles should be applied to all the ASIC suppliers or supplier wannabes

Yup, and when CoinTerra is 2 months late, then they'll get the same treatment.

Buy & Hold
aerobatic

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 07:04:16 AM

Aerobatic Firstly I should say that I respect your posts as they have generally been neutral and not biased for, or against, any of the ASIC suppliers / wannabe suppliers. I also think HF could be more open as to what has caused their delays. However to be fair, I am not sure if your pricing comparison below is correct as if the full MPP for HF is triggered (which i am sure is highly likely by now), then surely the correct price comparison for HF should be $2.80/GH for partial delivery in dec (assuming that deadline is met) and the rest of which depends on when the MPP is finally delivered? So unless my calculation is wrong, is their late delivery not also priced in?

its certainly harder to calculate the cost and value of the hashfast equipment with the MPP.

its a complicated offer to evaluate isn't it?

i mean, after a long period of time you get some of the pieces to make the rest of your miners, but not all the pieces, so no doubt they will happily sell you the systems with mounting screws, cooling systems, power supplies etc... for.. I'm guessing $500-1000 each, and you'll need 2 or more than them.. right?... on top of whatever free mpp gear they're going to give you.

the main thing is the delay.  you won't get it til feb or march or later. right?   by then, its worth a lot less to anyone.

you can't equate the cost, up front of buying mining gear if you get some in dec, and the rest in march.  that doesn't average out at a $/gh number since they are separated by such a large time gap that the mining economics are very different in the two batch delivery timeframes.

sure, it brings down your cost of buying mining gear, but the mop gear arrives so late that it barely is helpful in making you break-even.

and instead of delivering to you something on time that will earn the btc you expected at a power cost that you expected, you will instead have to front a 5-10x power cost (running a lot more equipment for a lot longer) to yield the same btc.

in short, the mpp isn't a win win.  its a token gesture with a lot of strings attached.

Wouldnt you rather have had double hash power on the day 1 delivery, then have 4 times the hash power, 3 months later ?   4 times th e hashpower is 4 times the running costs.

testerx

Activity: 608

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 07:34:27 AM

Well at least we know ice isn't a shill, since there's no way HF would pay someone to make their supporters look like lunatics.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:03:55 PM

Well at least we know ice isn't a shill, since there's no way HF would pay someone to make their supporters look like lunatics.

BFL pays Inaba...
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: