Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 07:51:12 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Quarks gone from Cryptsy? Huh?  (Read 1647 times)
digicoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 11:19:45 AM

Same for Phoenixcoin and Diamondcoin.

Diamond has been de-listed from Cryptsy by requests because of an issue in its block chain. The issue has been fixed. You can download the new wallet here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=372952.0 Please remove the local block chain first (except .conf and wallet.dat)

The development team will contact Cryptsy soon to get it listed
joeroxor

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 11:24:11 AM

Vern posted a tweet,

"QRK wallet market temporarily down for maintence"

Social Media & PR @ BitOrca | Contact: joe.r0x0r@gmail.com | Twitter | Wallet Addresses
Sell/Buy Bitcoin code! @ BitOrcaOrcaBlog | Best Bitcoin Tool Competiton!
OrphanedGland

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 11:32:35 AM

Today I hit the audit button and my QRK balance went to -1000, just before it disappeared from the cryptsy listing.  I sold QRK the other day shortly after it failed to appear on btc38.  Order seemed stuck in trading lag so I cancelled.  A short time later my QRK balance returned, but I was also credited with BTC.  A few minutes after that my QRK balance returned back to 0.  The system is pretty broken.  My account has had several automatic audits and lots of adjustments have been made to my balances.  No idea what the true balances should be as I am running hundreds of automated trades.
Boxman90

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 11:41:29 AM

It's simple, whenever Cryptsy does some 'maintenance', they're actually frontrunning on that market.

Also they have made plenty of my deposits just disappear into nowhere - while they are in their wallet according to the blockchain.

Ah well. Let them burn.

LTC: LKKy4eDWyVtSrQAJy7Qmmz61RaFY91D9yC   BTC: 18fzdnCkuUNthCD8hM36UBGopFa9ij78gG
LuisBCoin

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 01:11:19 PM

It's all ok again.
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 01:19:22 PM

Cryptsy is a sinking ship. A lot of people will get butthurt soon, I am afraid.

I've been warning people to stay off Cryptsy for weeks now..nobody seems to listen, attracted by the high volume.

BTer so far hasn't let me down and has proven extremely robust in it's speeds ; transfers are pretty much instantanious. I don't have experience with BTer and cash payouts but worse than cryptsy is not humanly possible.

Its not that, its the coins that cryptsy trades. Many of the coins are not traded anywhere else, and if they happen to be, they are at such low prices due to the lack of volume.

IMO They need to get the ship in order first with the coins they have going first before they start adding some more new coins. What good are new coins when no one can trade anyways?

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
rooy

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 01:28:05 PM

While I agree with you in that Cryptsy should really focus on stability I think being in a very volatile market like alternative cryptocoins they do have put in the market as many alt-coins (but not Scam-coins!) as they possibly can. After all Cryptsy is probably the most famous alt-coins exchange at the moment and if they stop adding coins for too long they will probably face harder consequences than those they are experiencing right now IMO

I too had my share of frustration with sell orders getting stuck or lost and "trains" missed because of that, and I said to myself I was going to move all my coins to another exchange... but didn't Smiley mostly because in no case did any issue last more thant 12h for me so all in all I can cope with their growing pains
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 01:30:08 PM

they shouldn't add anything to their site, it is crushed already.  They need to open another exchange site for new coins. However i mean why do we need any other coins?

Unless a coin shows some innovation what is the point of it anyway, there are already too many clones.

jeroenn13

Activity: 644

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 01:30:41 PM

Tweet from Cryptsy:

Code:
QRK wallet market temporarily down for maintence

Code:
QRK maintenance complete

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
rooy

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 01:49:32 PM

they shouldn't add anything to their site, it is crushed already.  They need to open another exchange site for new coins. However i mean why do we need any other coins?

Unless a coin shows some innovation what is the point of it anyway, there are already too many clones.

Why? because they can Smiley or more pragmatically, greed
Many people outside the cryptocurrency world are getting to know about it from the mainstream media, but even if you have a decent pc with a decent GPU you are out of the game with BTC or LTC. Ok you can get a few cents but the time for mining those coins is getting to an end at least for the average Joe. With alt coins you can still feel the excitement when you hit a block and get lots of coins Smiley
What will happen to the hundreds of altcoins in a few years is an interesting question, after all many altcoins manage to survive much longer than anticipated, the ratio of dead altcoins is surprisingly low so we are going to get a little too clogged with new altcoins up in the next months/years.
As long as they are not scam coins with the only intent to make the developers rich, it's fine for me
Sharky444

Activity: 724

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 02:12:10 PM

It does still trade fine on BTER, just sold some.

Radix - just imagine
damnation

Activity: 98

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=434996.0

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 02:30:30 PM

maybe they are trying to consolidate their position by stopping high volume trade so they have a better chance to handle the problem..

from previous posts.. they apparently cant handle the influx of new members and little by little the wheels fell off.. their system is apparently running on a negative balance so i guess it seems fair to reverse it to the members Tongue

I wonder if Vern decided... "The hell with it.. i'm gonna trade all these coins in for USD, Go to vegas and put it on BLACK"..

Logically, and i am being extremely cynical here, a lot of customers are complaining about being in the red due to double sells.. which means you automatically cannot withdraw money.. which is good otherwise ppl are gonna find out that all the money is in Vegas..

Of course, he could be working on some new system to revolutionize the crypto trading industry and to move his operation onto a new server.. but till then it feels like he's using spit to heal a gunshot wound..

♔ PrimeDice : The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
Noble:9ZQo8HaeCjporC7T4PFgVcqzXc5KLyGrnV
LOT: LzUoeyakB8DRoHgqMgHSWMzipW5Nr63zkg
BTC: 1EiY4FqGbbfL6VUhiVLe8Z5R7BVVyyLTmw
LTC: LaGJ2utSYG4bhQ882mJ8QkS1bq45p25vcD
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: