Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:03:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop Coddling the Super-Rich: Warren Buffett  (Read 6553 times)
Anonymous

August 16, 2011, 08:08:46 PM

And btw, congratullations on completely derailing the thread with stupid rethoric. You seem incapable of being rational.

Sorry but that's a line of crap.... (See the original post....)

Conservatives / Libertarians jumping in to repudiate the words of someone 10000 times richer than them in 3...2...1  Roll Eyes
The truth hurts

Warren Buffet pays 17% and he's the third riches person in the world. I am pretty sure Bill Gates isn't to far away from that number either.

How can you guys possible think this is ok? What is wrong with you?

In Germany for example the top income bracket pays 56% with the average paying 29%.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_rates_around_the_world

We are the lowest taxed industrialized country on Earth and you guys are still fighting for less even though 46% of the population in America already pays 0 income tax.

And what's funny is that these same people want to return to the "good old days" when the country was growing strong because there were no taxes on the rich... oh wait..

There was a time in this country where there wasn't a federally mandated income tax. Those were the good old days we refer to and it worked out well considering the federal programs we have today are pure waste.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AyeYo

Activity: 154
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 08:10:19 PM

The truth hurts

More rethoric. Are you capable of using a rational argument?

Do you ever find it ironic that YOU are the one that goes around and responds with flip one liners and never cites or backs up anything that you say?

Enjoying the dose of reality or getting a laugh out of my posts? Feel free to toss me a penny or two, everyone else seems to be doing it! 1Kn8NqvbCC83zpvBsKMtu4sjso5PjrQEu1
hugolp
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 08:13:27 PM

The truth hurts

Do you ever find it ironic that YOU are the one that goes around and responds with flip one liners and never cites or backs up anything that you say?

Im still waiting yo respond at any point on keynesian economics. When the discussion got serious and just a bit technical you chicken out and disappeared.

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
AyeYo

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 08:15:06 PM

If there's voting going on, it's a democracy.  A republic is a subset of democracy in which the populace elects (that's the democratic part) politicians to represent them.

Cool, good to know, thanks for teaching me that the Roman empire and several of the ancient greek city-states were Democracies...  Vote != Democracy .... Democracy uses voting to achieve it's aims but they are not one in the same... how foolish...

They were republics... which is a form of representative democracy.  Roll Eyes

Enjoying the dose of reality or getting a laugh out of my posts? Feel free to toss me a penny or two, everyone else seems to be doing it! 1Kn8NqvbCC83zpvBsKMtu4sjso5PjrQEu1
AyeYo

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 08:16:19 PM

The truth hurts

Im still waiting yo respond at any point on keynesian economics. When the discussion got serious and just a bit technical you chicken out and disappeared.

I can only take so many flip one liners.  I tire of your rhetoric and shit rather quickly.

FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 08:17:04 PM

And btw, congratullations on completely derailing the thread with stupid rethoric. You seem incapable of being rational.

Sorry but that's a line of crap.... (See the original post....)

Conservatives / Libertarians jumping in to repudiate the words of someone 10000 times richer than them in 3...2...1  Roll Eyes
The truth hurts

Warren Buffet pays 17% and he's the third riches person in the world. I am pretty sure Bill Gates isn't to far away from that number either.

In Germany for example the top income bracket pays 56% with the average paying 29%.

We are the lowest taxed industrialized country on Earth and you guys are still fighting for less even though 46% of the population in America already pays 0 income tax.

How can you think it is okay that you pay 20% in taxes and fictional persons called corporations (that have the most income) pay less than 2%? Why are we not concerned about a government that only engineers a regime that creates bigger and more coercive companies? We're worried about the wrong thing. It's all a distraction.

We need to close all tax loopholes, we need to raise corporate tax rates, we need to reform the entire tax code, and we need to implement a progressive tax system that is structured to peoples current economic status, we need to get rid of all Bush era tax cuts. Of course there are huge problems right now with the current tax law, but what you have to understand is that we don't need to go back to the gold standard to fix these problems! You have President Obama who wants all these reforms, but there is another faction in this country who wants to see him fail no matter what the price is. And guess what Atlas? People like you who facilitate this weird fantasy world where economic collapse is imminent only make that vision more true by your dismissal to see the true reality today. While you are right that corporations rig this game, you are wrong in thinking that Democrats and Republicans are the same thing...
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 08:23:38 PM

The truth hurts

If you really believe this you are even more naive than you seem.

Who says we are ok with it? You progressives are guilty of this situation.

And in the USA corporations pay higher tax rate than in Germany. If you like Germany I guess you support lowering taxes for corporations in the USA right? Or this Germany things is just another of your stupid talking points?

The USA has the highest corporate rate in the industrialized world. Germany and all the northen european countries have lower corporate rates. Is that the model you are defending?
I don't know what the hell you're rambling about, but you are a LIAR.

THE UNITED STATES CORPORATE RATE IS 2'ND TO LOWEST IN THE ENTIRE WORLD, THAT'S NOT INCLUDING THE MANY LOOPHOLES.
http://www.bnet.com/blog/financial-business/freeloaders-us-corporate-tax-rates-are-among-the-lowest-in-the-world/14623

Learn your facts please, everything else you said was completely useless and irrelevant if you just begin your tirade with LIES.
AyeYo

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 08:25:49 PM

THE UNITED STATES CORPORATE RATE IS 2'ND TO LOWEST IN THE ENTIRE WORLD, THAT'S NOT INCLUDING THE MANY LOOPHOLES.
http://www.bnet.com/blog/financial-business/freeloaders-us-corporate-tax-rates-are-among-the-lowest-in-the-world/14623

Learn your facts please, everything else you said was completely useless and irrelevant if you just begin your tirade with LIES.

That isn't actually the tax rate, that's a representation of the taxes paid.  The US does have one of the highest corporate tax rates, but there are so many loopholes that we have nearly the lowest effective corporate tax rate in the world (which is what that chart shows).

Your point still stands - idiots going around jabbering about the highest corporate tax rate in the world are either being dishonest or have no idea what they're talking about.

hugolp
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 08:27:04 PM

I said corporate tax rate. Then you change it to corporate tax rate income to GDP and call me a lier. You corporatists are just incredible.

Ayeyo, I gave you a full critique of keynesian economics and you completely chicken out and disaperared.

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 08:27:39 PM

A modern democracy is what we already have NOW...

Oh how the education system has failed you dear child... The United States IS NOT nor EVER WAS a democracy... our government is a REPUBLIC....  I bet you don't really know what that means....
Can we please stay on topic ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Representative_Democracy
AyeYo

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 08:29:07 PM

I said corporate tax rate. Then you change it to corporate tax rate income to GDP and call me a lier. You corporatists are just incredible.

The corporate tax rate means nothing if no one actually pays it.

Ayeyo, I gave you a full critique of keynesian economics and you completely chicken out and disaperared.

Yea, your 250 word dissertation that completely debunked Keynesian economics.  I wonder why I didn't bother responding...

FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 08:30:30 PM

You imply sir that our corporations are heavily taxed which is far from the truth. Regardless of the specifics, the fact of the matter is they are getting away without paying trillions while the middle class suffers with deeper and deeper spending cuts. You advocate for their tax cuts/loopholes.
Anonymous

August 16, 2011, 08:30:48 PM

If Democrats and Republicans weren't the same, then why do they have the same supporters?

FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 08:33:35 PM

You quoted tax to GDP.... not tax rates....
This shows that they are heavily under-taxed...

You are spinning the graph, when the issues are so obviously in front of us.
Anonymous

August 16, 2011, 08:36:14 PM

I think we would be better off lowering individual tax rates to the same amount corporations currently pay. It will level the playing field and encourage a more diverse set of small businesses.

...but it won't happen. It's all rigged, gentlemen. There will never be change from within. We need a revolution.
AyeYo

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 08:41:42 PM

...but it won't happen. It's all rigged, gentlemen. There will never be change from within. We need a revolution.

Yea, it's obviously impossible to make corporations pay their fair share.  That's why the US and it's piddle corporate taxes were right at the top of the chart... oh wait...

FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 08:53:30 PM

If Democrats and Republicans weren't the same, then why do they have the same supporters?

It is customary for the biggest company's to donate to all the candidates. Mostly they do it for publicity to show that they care about the American system. The difference is that Democrats get the majority of their money from individuals and non profit organizations, and Republicans get most of their money from wealthy beneficiaries like the Koch Brothers and other corporatist.
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 08:55:22 PM

I think we would be better off lowering individual tax rates to the same amount corporations currently pay. It will level the playing field and encourage a more diverse set of small businesses.

Well said!  And as long as there are parasites who strongly feel that they somehow have a right to the fruits of others labors this will be unfortunately one of the hardest points to argue.  It's theft and nothing more, but theft made legal by the government sadly we need to rotate the whole lot of them out starting with the parasite-and-chief himself in 2012.
So it's theft to help your own country now huh?

God Obama is going to win so bad in 2012... You guys are just giving this election away lol.
Anonymous

August 16, 2011, 08:56:08 PM

...and allow me to mention that over 95% of Ron Paul's contributions come from the American people.

Ron Paul 2012
Anonymous

August 16, 2011, 08:57:06 PM

Well said!  And as long as there are parasites who strongly feel that they somehow have a right to the fruits of others labors this will be unfortunately one of the hardest points to argue.  It's theft and nothing more, but theft made legal by the government sadly we need to rotate the whole lot of them out starting with the parasite-and-chief himself in 2012.
So it's theft to help your own country now huh?

God Obama is going to win so bad in 2012... You guys are just giving this election away lol.
Is it really helping your best friend when you give him money to feed himself and he spends 90% of it on weed? Because that's what it's like to give money to the government. Most of it is wasted on bureaucracy.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: